8/2/09 [#145] - Thanks for playing!,make sure you play the home version!

Started by Zedd, August 02, 2009, 07:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Oh jeeze, Hope squeaker will get out this mess but it's predicable when you walk into the gators jaws!

Kinda makes the Running Man seem safe!

joshofspam

But what if it's a formal dinner?

All that white their wearing would ruin their clothes. But whether it's Jigsaw as the meal or as a guest, it makes me wonder if she would be intimidated by a huge alien croc with curly hair.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Stupid N00bie

I love the smirk on ... who is that, Nate?  Need a cast page for the show hosts.

It just screams "I know something bad about you and I'm about to cause hell."
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Stupid N00bie on August 06, 2009, 03:00:25 PM
I love the smirk on ... who is that, Nate?  Need a cast page for the show hosts.

It just screams "I know something bad about you and I'm about to cause hell."

Damien has the little totally-not-a-cubi-nossir-headwings. Nate's the one wearing a little viewscreen and sorta hiding behind the others.

Mebbe I'll get around to 'em after this next batch of pages... y'know, unless someone goes and orders a bunch more of those $20 badges I need to get to work on before then *cough cough*

Stupid N00bie

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on August 06, 2009, 03:09:18 PM
Mebbe I'll get around to 'em after this next batch of pages... y'know, unless someone goes and orders a bunch more of those $20 badges I need to get to work on before then *cough cough*

People don't buy those!  You're just looking for excuses to not do work!

I'M ON TO YOU
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Stupid N00bie on August 07, 2009, 11:58:27 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on August 06, 2009, 03:09:18 PM

People don't buy those!  You're just looking for excuses to not do work!

I'M ON TO YOU

People do too buy them! And if they don't, that's all the more reason to guilt-trip YOU into buying one!  :cry

Seriously though, the more money I make selling badges before the con => happier Jiggy during the con => Jiggy makes more money at the con => even happier Jiggy afterwards.  As it stands, most of my money is made during / surrounding the convention times, because I don't make a lot off of ads, donations, and Zazzle sales at the moment. So really, convention work and sales subsidizes the comic the rest of the time... which means if conventions do too poorly, then I won't be willing to invest more into the comic when it needs it...

... whether that's a financial investment (books don't print themselves!), or a productivity-related one (Let's see ... twice a week updates, or my sanity? Decisions, decisions...). 

Escher

So... Figured this would've been the best place to ask without cluttering the board with new threads for brief questions.

A universe this far from the present with this much alien presence and thaumaturgic influence always tends to have dozens of races, species, concepts, etc. that need to be introduced. I mean, I imagine much of the concepts are relatively close to common knowledge based on in-comic happenings (djinns are something like genies, messiahs have supernal powers and dabble with souls, Dead Inside are, well, dead inside, etc.), but there are likely to be a little more to this than simple X = Y. Is there any neat little glossary for all this, or at least a set of links to which pages have those little under-comic footnotes talking about the concepts involved?

Thanks!
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Escher on August 07, 2009, 09:56:52 PM
So... Figured this would've been the best place to ask without cluttering the board with new threads for brief questions.

A universe this far from the present with this much alien presence and thaumaturgic influence always tends to have dozens of races, species, concepts, etc. that need to be introduced. I mean, I imagine much of the concepts are relatively close to common knowledge based on in-comic happenings (djinns are something like genies, messiahs have supernal powers and dabble with souls, Dead Inside are, well, dead inside, etc.), but there are likely to be a little more to this than simple X = Y. Is there any neat little glossary for all this, or at least a set of links to which pages have those little under-comic footnotes talking about the concepts involved?

Thanks!

... I really do keep meaning to work on that. My main drag on doing that is that while most of the supernatural stuff is pretty well defined, the species are only about a third complete (let alone their worlds!), and I feel silly releasing an incomplete guide that I know is incomplete (vs. a complete guide that I might retcon / expand later to include new developments)

... that and I'd feel compelled to make little species illustrations much like the cast photos.

In the meantime, try the Bonus Comics for answers to what's been defined so far. These're probably more helpful than the footnotes if only because the footnotes have really only been a feature added to the recent, post-makeover comics.

P.S. Hey, no problem with "cluttering" up the forums! A little more life in the place never hurts.