New reader, with plot and character questions

Started by Indrick151, July 31, 2009, 07:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indrick151

Before I begin, I'm not meaning to criticise if I do, I love this webcomic, I just need some ilumination of some points.

Ok now as a new reader of the foxfire chronicles (found and read it about a week ago), I have been slightly confused at some points in regards to the plot turns and to some characters. I'll just list them, and hope I don't offend anyone by my questions.
1) What happened to the original 5 characters, I mean Luke is the main one still around, and I've seen Mary lurk around in one of the recent ones, but the other three are the ones I'm curious about. Will they come back? or are they gone? I kind of liked them interacting and kind of missed it when they didn't...
2) What happened to the original earth characters? Like the commander and whatnot, because I was interested in what happened to them, but they just kind of got dropped... It made me feel kind of sad with so many loose ends...

Once again I'm not criticising, I'm just in need of a few explanations to clear things up, because I kind of lost it a little when they went to another world and left this one behind. (plus the plotlines and characters that were made, ie Manitou, plus a few minor ones that I grew attached to) Are they gone for good and should I just consider "book 2" a sort of seperate work to the first one? (Ie like a new beginning that has dropped nearly all links to the first one bar a few main characters?)

Mao

I think the explanations to these questions are probably coming up in the comic at some point.  I believe I've heard Turnsky ranting on about loose ends in the comic that he intends to tie up and the items you listed being somewhere in the rant.  It's hard for me to say for sure (not being Turnsky, of course) but I'd say you'll get your answers soon enough in the comic.

Tapewolf

I had a vague feeling that Bengahl was intending to have all five members of the original team meet up here eventually, but I can't find a citation for that.  I have to add that I've had a certain empathy with Davis Wilson and I'd kind of like to know what happened to him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Indrick151

Ok good phew, I was willing to wait for a long time to see what happened in the web comic. That was until I found the forum lol. But thanks for making me comfortable about that ^^

I also have an attachement to Davis myself... the lines he did have in chapter 2 made me go"yup he's my favourite", well bar Luke, and much later Bengahl and Dr Ink...

Keleth

Quote from: Turnsky on July 31, 2009, 09:16:52 AM
all in good time...

all, in good time.  >:3

Lies! Lies!

They're just too busy playing the xbox to do anything meaningful  :3
Help! I'm gay!