2009/07/24 [WITW] #8 - Come on Tapey doo,we got some work to do now~

Started by Zedd, July 24, 2009, 11:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Even more mysteries from the SAIA's textlogs. It's a good thing I never need to run into something like this! :mowtongue

Interesting to see Beings that are born with wings,I wonder how far deep the rabbit hole goes in this little side story...who knows till the next update!  :boogie

Kipiru

Quote from: Zedd on July 24, 2009, 11:50:43 PM
I wonder how far deep the rabbit hole goes in this little side story...who knows till the next update!  :boogie

You'd be surprised  >:3

Tapewolf

Even more mysteries from the SAIA's textlogs. It's a good thing I never need to run into something like this! :mowtongue

That particular bit was inspired by what Amber was saying at AC.  'Cubi don't usually like killing people, because a corpse doesn't have any emotions.  We already knew that Siar didn't go in for that, but it seems to be a general rule, not something specific to that one clan.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but the Jyraneth are a particularly egregious violation of that stance, because they believe that killing Beings is their moral/religious duty.  At the end of the day, destroying people you need because of an insane religious tenet that is not a sustainable way to run a clan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 25, 2009, 05:38:24 AM
I have just one query. What's the whole Arx Fatalis thing?

Arx Fatalis is a first-person fantasy RPG game.  One of its distinctive features is that you cast spells by drawing glowing runes in the air with your hand using the mouse.  (A feature I abused to make the logo above)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

SpottedKitty

Interesting to see Beings that are born with wings,

There's a bit of plot at the beginning of Abel's Story where one way this can happen is explained. If a Being adventurer is exposed to all sorts of weird magic, then his or her kids might very well have things like wings, or odd fur or hair colours. And I'm sure I remember a bit of dialogue from Dan — either just before or just after his headwings sprout — where he says something very like this, that he has wings only (he thinks) because Edward was an adventurer. Dan was wrong in this case, of course, but it seems to be general knowledge on Furrae.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Zedd

Quote from: SpottedKitty on July 25, 2009, 10:37:19 AM

*semi off topic important info*
Yes I know this already but I was interested as like I was amused

inuhanyo

Quote from: SpottedKitty on July 25, 2009, 10:37:19 AM

There's a bit of plot at the beginning of Abel's Story where one way this can happen is explained. If a Being adventurer is exposed to all sorts of weird magic, then his or her kids might very well have things like wings, or odd fur or hair colours. And I'm sure I remember a bit of dialogue from Dan — either just before or just after his headwings sprout — where he says something very like this, that he has wings only (he thinks) because Edward was an adventurer. Dan was wrong in this case, of course, but it seems to be general knowledge on Furrae.

Panel two, just before his headwings pop.
"The only thing I ever inherited from my mom was her wings, and that doesn't make me a ...

Dan thought he was a Being with a mixed ancestry.  The general reaction he had when he was growing up (at least from girls) was "Ohh, wings!"  :)