07/16/08 [CVRPG Gaiden #1037] - Has Darkmoon been holding back?

Started by GabrielsThoughts, July 16, 2009, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

If Dracula has been holding back, I cannot help but think the same is true for Darkmoon...I wonder how many enemies he let Alec, Katrina, and the others, think they destroyed with valiant effort...when the big bad could have been destroyed with a snap of Darkmoon's fingers. Although, I suppose as a vampire, team darkmoon would be more like a side hobby. It's something to do with the eons of spare time.  
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bradypodidae

That would imply that Darkmoon is a very cunning and manipulative individual. Would that qualify as a plot twist? This could also be a possible series ending story arc for the author Darkmoon to use if he ever decided to end the strip; the character Darkmoon revels to the rest of the cast that they've been nothing more than pawns in his play, and thank you for all the entertainment...

...or Darkmoon could wake up to find it was all a dream.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

I try not to ever give away plot details before they happen in the comic, but I swear upon all that is (un)holy I will never pull a Dallas.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

bradypodidae

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on July 18, 2009, 06:10:44 PM
what's a Dallas? search brings up Texas.

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_(TV_series)

From the Wiki: "Patrick Duffy had decided to leave the series in 1985 which facilitated Bobby's death, but Duffy was offered a higher salary the following year and elected to return to the series (which had by then begun to suffer from a ratings drop). The intervening season where Bobby was dead was subsequently explained away as a dream[2] in 1986."

edited to add link & quote... hey, I was bored...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Which had an interesting impact on the spin-off series, Knotts Landing, as there was a baby born during the year that Bobby was dead, which was named after Bobby. There was a fair bit of time spent grieving over the characters death. With his return, while Dallas reverted back to how it had been before all the commotion, Knotts landing continued on, an entire year ahead time-wise.

GabrielsThoughts

did Knotts Landing continue from an alternate reality...from what I read the  year the spin off series separated from Dallas was eleminated entirely from the main plot...so was Knotts Landing set in a Parallel universe?

I only ask because I'm not willing to look though 8plus seasons of a show I never heard of to find out.

Darkmoon

If you hit poobala.com, the guy covers all kinds of crossovers. As far as Dallas/Knotts Landing, as far as he reports, they just kinda have this awkward year-long gap between the two shows. The sort of acknowledge without really saying too much about it. Kinda like the fact that Family Matters spun-off from Perfect Strangers. Neither show was great, but Family Matters certainly didn't go out of its way to remind you of its origins.