Cell Factor: The Psychic Wars

Started by Rakala, July 05, 2009, 10:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

This Xbox Arcade game was recently suggested to me, so I got the demo, found it amusing then downloaded the whole game. It is an FPS that uses the Unreal engine. You can play one of three classes, the Black Ops, the Bishops, or the Guardians. Black Ops are humans who can teleport and use psychic powers and guns equally well. Bishops are female robots and psychic powerhouses with the ability to fly. Guardians are purely firepower robots, but have the disadvantage of having no psychic powers at all, the trade off being able to dual wield any weapons. There is no campaign so no story but there are challenges which provide a decent enough challenge as well as unlocking new abilities and appearance options. The three classes balance out well enough and the maps are good. The only major downside to the game I've found is not enough people own it, so the online mode usually has one game going at a time, but then that's the shameless point of this post. Hope to see you on the battlefield.

TheJimTimMan

I remember seeing a tech demo for Ageia's PhysX cards bearing this name a while back;albeit without the subtitle... I was wondering if the project was still alive. A quick glance at the website and some videos on YouTube would suggest this is the same game, I'll need to see if I can find that demo at some point.
My 360 is barely used, but this might see it come back to life (this, coupled with Mass Effect 2 and Brutal Legend). An interesting find, I'd like to see how well the Xbox hardware copes with this.