Dead Frontier RP:Outbreak (OOC) Open {MA-15+}

Started by Lisky, June 27, 2009, 12:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

It was a nondescript evening in the massive city of Ithica.  Population around 18 million, broken up across several zones, the city is divided into 5 major areas, as it's located on the mouth of a river, the islands formed by the branching river form the foundation of the 16 square mile city.  The middle of the city is a massive square mile park, that seems eerily out of place in the metropolis... But that's not where things started... oh no...

A mid-sized, warehouse like building stood in the middle of the port section of town.  Like most buildings in that section of town, it had security guards... Actually, it was in fact so plain, one might mistake it for any other storage building for goods shipped from over seas.
Once inside the building however, scientists were busy working on various samples of a thick red liquid, held in test tubes, and dishes.  The scientists observing something in microscopes.  The tubes were all labeled with various bio-hazard symbols, along with printed tags describing some obscure classification to whatever was in the tubes.  No one noticed when Dr. Rios slipped a capped tube filled with the liquid into his coat.  In fact, the discrepancy wasn't noticed for another 8 hours, well after the good Doctor had slipped out of the building, cleared security and was already packed and on his way to the train station.  He was tracked to Grand Central Station, where armed soldiers locked down the travel hub as best they could, and eventually trapped the doctor.

In a desperate last move, the doctor threw the test tube on the ground and watched the glass shatter.  In such a concentrated form, the virus was very much air-born... although no such concentration could naturally exist, it spread through the station like wildfire, and as panic ensued, people rushed into the streets.  Carrying the infection with them.  Within 12 hours, the virus would take it's effect, turning people into the perfect bio-weapons, mindless, zombie-like beast.  The virus knew other infected, they weren't food... but those who weren't infected, they were perfectly edible, or so the virus' rewiring of the brain told the host.  

The virus in it's natural state is spread through saliva and blood, if any came in contact with the bloodstream of an uninfected, there was a 95% chance of becoming infected themselves... and a 5% chance of a relatively painless death... It is 100% transferable and has a 100% infection rate.

2 Weeks Later

reports of constant riots have been playing over the news networks, stories of murders, and constant reassurance that the police have things under control.  A simple stroll around the streets of any district tells you otherwise... whatever is going on, it isn't just riots, and it's spreading.

RP Basics

If you couldn't tell by the intro post or title, this is a Zombie Survival RP, set in modern times.  Player's can be human or furry, but, there are no DMFA style creatures, nor magic.  Players are starting 2 weeks after Infection Day.  Basic loadout of equipment... Assume between 500 and 2000 dollars were spent on supplies, no special licensing for weapons, unless your character has a reason to carry such things....  Combat is fairly free form, but i'd prefer that you describe what you're aiming for, and let me describe the results, unless a situation has been approved via PM or other source.

(BIG and INTERESTING side note)
Players are allowed to create multiple characters, and furthermore, those who are infected but not killed may play as infected.  Once infected, you're character has no knowledge in the use of tools, but i'll allow you a good deal of leeway in not being a total "brainless savage sprinting into your target's guns"

Meta-gaming, God-modding, and acts of extreme stupidity will guarantee your current character infection, so don't do them... further acts of the first two will result in the death of you're infected character, and possible removal from the game... i'm fairly easy going, but i want this to be a survival RP, not a walk in the park...

and with that taken care of, here's what i'll need from your character sheets, anything else is not necessary, but it's always fun getting a back story from my players.

Name:
Race/Species:
Appearance(height and body type req.):
Pre-Zombie Outbreak Career:
Combat Abilities:
Non-combat Skills(non-career related):
Equipment:
(not needed, but always fun)
History:
Fun Facts/Trivia:

Active Players:

Paladin  Sheppard: David Adams
Cogidubnus: John Ayers
wuffnpuff: Rebecca
Ghostwish: Charlie Mask
Boogeyman: Anastasia Molovich
Azlan: Bryan McKensie
Tipod: Joseph Boston
Kafziel: Oscar Aligheri

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Paladin Sheppard

llearch n'n'daCorna

Query: Not that I wish to do this, but is it possible to start as infected?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sprocketsdance

:eager OOOO!! Where's my shot gun??  >:3 I'll try to get a character up that isn't called 'Chance'  :B  XD

Lisky

To Pal: Awesome...

To Boxy: I'd prefer not, but i guess i could make an exception, so long as everyone doesn't suddenly want to start as an infected

To Wuffnpuff: Alright, glad people are showing interest

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'm suddenly tempted to start an almost entirely unoriginal character, who is armed with a mop.

I don't think I could play it seriously, though. Anyone watching me play should be obvious just how unserious I am.

Lisky

and there's a problem with him fighting off zombies, then becoming one shortly?

Paladin Sheppard

Name: David Fredrick Adams

Sex: Male

Race/Species: Human
Appearance(height and body type req.): David Stands at 5'10" and is very athletic but not muscle bound. He has light brown hair which is cropped short with a well trimmed mustache, and blown/hazel eyes. David is dressed in the black one piece overalls of the IPD SWAT team, festooned with webbing carrying points with an armored vest, and a buttpack at the bottom of his back.  

Pre-Zombie Outbreak Career: IPD SWAT Team Sniper Commander (Sergeant Rank), Squad Armorer.
Combat Abilities: Highly Skilled marksman with any weapon in the IPD or United States Marine Corps. Well versed in urban, forest and desert combat and stealth skills. Able to repair and maintain his own weapons in the field.

Non-combat Skills(non-career related): Able turn MREs into edible food. David was also a College Baseball League player and can throw baseball sized objects with high speed and accuracy.

History: Growing up David was inspired by his single-parent father to grow up to be a Marine, but he was also a very gifted youngster academically and physically. Accepting a Marine sponsored scholarship at the College of Ithica for a Major in Mathematics, he was soon drafted into the College Baseball team. After graduation he enlisted in the Marines and was assigned to Force Recon after several years in an MEU. Due to his scores the Force Recon sent him off to the scout/sniper school at Kaneohe. After completing the school he was attached to SOCOM for the invasion of Afghanistan. During his third tour he was wounded and sent back to the US. During his recovery his term of service came up and he decided to take an honorable discharge. Returning to Ithica he joined the Ithica Police Department, and when he was asked to join the SWAT Team he accepted, quickly proving himself as a levelheaded officer who could think on his feet. After two years with the SWAT he was selected to become a Sergeant and command the Sniper Squad.

Fun Facts/Trivia: Known to Squad mates as 'DFA' which also stands for 'Death From Above'
                          Has a large selection of rifles and handguns at home dating from WW1 to Present.
                          Has been taking cooking classes.
                          Drives a 2001 BMW M3 that he bought from money his Mother left him in her will.

Equipment: M14 EBR with a 8x scope. M-26 LSS that can be fitted underneath the M14. Two M1911A1 pistols, Breaching Hammer. Ghille-Suit. Helmet with radio. Flashbangs x4. Cableties. Canteen.

Lisky

Victim approved... i mean... no, no, i meant what i said... enjoy your stay in Ithica, watch out for the population... they're a bit bitey  :P

Seeing as you're carrying a lot of weapons, just remember you're going to have to watch out for exhaustion as well as the infected...

Azlan

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on June 27, 2009, 09:31:43 AM
Due to his scores the Force Recon sent him off to the scout/sniper school at Quantico.

The scout sniper school is now in Kaneohe, It was never at Quantico.  Only officers go to Quantico.  Just an FYI Pal.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Sunblink

Quote from: Azlan on June 27, 2009, 03:12:01 PM
Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on June 27, 2009, 09:31:43 AM
Due to his scores the Force Recon sent him off to the scout/sniper school at Quantico.

The scout sniper school is now in Kaneohe, It was never at Quantico.  Only officers go to Quantico.  Just an FYI Pal.

Are you even part of this RP?

Lisky

Alright...

Az: I really don't want character nitpicking... it really only leads to animosity between players.  Given it's a fictional city setting, in a US analog, his history could be 100% accurate in this game...

Keats: a little harsh,  jumping on someone will only lead to animosity, and i'd really like to avoid that, i want people to have fun in the game...

Both: don't take this as a rebuke or lecture, just an observation from my own experience, along with advice for further posting... I'd like to keep the focus on the game and questions regarding it...

Azlan

Well Pal and I used to be on good terms, so I was actually trying to be helpful as I know a bit about the topic.  I've worked for the US Marine Corp at Quantico and there is a significant amount of history behind the base.  I would like to hope that we can preserve an amount of the honored history and not offend anyone. 

I'm not sure why Keats attacked me for no apparent reason, but I will stick to PMs from now on as I do not seem welcome here. 

Lisky

oh, it's not that you're not welcome here... everyone is welcome... i'm just trying to keep things on the topic of the game...  I don't want this to fall apart because of inter-player arguments starting before the game.  I appreciate the gesture... it's just that i think a PM could also work to inform pal rather than correct him about a history, that he can flesh out later.  

I welcome anyone who would like to join my game with open arms, i just want to keep the focus on the game, especially in these early stages...

Paladin Sheppard

Actually thanks for the info Azlan! I didn't quite know where it was.

Sunblink

Quote from: Azlan on June 27, 2009, 09:18:47 PM
Well Pal and I used to be on good terms, so I was actually trying to be helpful as I know a bit about the topic.  I've worked for the US Marine Corp at Quantico and there is a significant amount of history behind the base.  I would like to hope that we can preserve an amount of the honored history and not offend anyone.  

I'm not sure why Keats attacked me for no apparent reason, but I will stick to PMs from now on as I do not seem welcome here.  

I... actually feel significantly guilty now for jumping like I did. I'm sorry, Azlan. I got extremely defensive, and didn't know you had personal history involving the base.

Cogidubnus

Name: John Ayers (Mr. Ayers)
Species: Human
Appearance: Stands roughly six foot, Caucasian, with short blond hair and blue eyes. At work he wears black slacks, button-up shirts and a labcoat. He tends to dress similarly in leisure times, sans the labcoat.
Pre-Outbreak Career: Chemist. Graduated from MIT with a degree in Materials and Applied Chemistry, and found work developing compounds for use in de-oxydyzing semiconducting systems.

Combat Abilities: Little to no actual combat experience. Has kept himself in good physical shape, and other than this possess no inherent combat training. Is a skilled chemist, and as such has experience with a wide variety of harmful and sometimes impressively virulent compounds.
Non-Combat Skills (not related to career): Has some mechanical experience, and can do minor maintenance and repairs on motor vehicles. Inventive and resourceful.

History: Grew up in Boston the son of a chemist. Following in his father's footsteps, he became a chemist himself, graduating at 25 to specialize in industrial-application chemicals, and is currently employed in the semiconductor industry developing chemicals for applications in de-oxydization of semiconductor surfaces, as well as specializing in handling extremely dangerous compounds. Has worked in his field for over fifteen years, and is skilled at what he does. Was in Cambridge, Mass. when the outbreak hit.

Fun Facts: Is a smoker. Tends to get angry when someone chides him for the habit.

Equipment: One experimental (read, homemade) flamethrower using Chlorine Trifluoride as the oxidizing agent. Weighs approx. thirty pounds unloaded, fifty full. Kitchen knife, wrench, lighter, cigarettes, and a duffel bag filled with scavenged food, water bottles, sleeping bag and a flashlight.

Lisky

Welcome aboard... one can only hope you know what you're doing with such a weapon... fire doesn't take sides... and it'll slow you down to a degree, not as bad as a WWII style one, but still, exhaustion is still something to worry about with a weapon that heavy.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Azlan on June 27, 2009, 09:18:47 PM
Well Pal and I used to be on good terms, so I was actually trying to be helpful as I know a bit about the topic.  I've worked for the US Marine Corp at Quantico and there is a significant amount of history behind the base.  I would like to hope that we can preserve an amount of the honored history and not offend anyone. 

I'm not sure Keats attacked you - queried, yes, but it wasn't what I'd term an attack. Yet. (I will admit it was shaping up to be so, and if I'd been awake at the right time, I'd have provided some corrective nudging - since proven unnecessary...)

For my part, I was actually interested in the information you provided. If you take that to PMs, I'll miss out on it, which would be a shame. I can't speak for anyone else, of course. (Unless wearing my mod hat, which this post isn't.)

Anyway, enough wrangling. Shall we move on with the game, everyone? That would be good. ;-]

Sprocketsdance

Name:Rebecca

Sex:Female

Race/Species:Human

Appearance(height and body type req.):5'3" Average build (has muscles - not too little and not too much). Her hair is brown with natural highlights and is shoulder length (but usually tied back in a pony tail). She has hazel eyes and freckles on her face and arms, especially on her shoulders. Her skin is quite pale due mostly to her heritage and possibly because she worked the midnight shift. She wears a simple t-shirt and jeans with a belt, and always has a hooded sweatshirt with her.

Pre-Zombie Outbreak Career: Nurse's Aide at a hospital in Ithica

Combat Abilities: Knows moderate self-defense moves (how to use someone's attack against them) which she aquired from her job. Other than that she has no real training but the few fights she has been in it could be described almost like she went into a 'berserko rage' mode. Had recently been target practicing with her father-in-law with a .22 semi-automatic hand gun and is a semi-good shot.

Non-combat Skills(non-career related): Is talented with animals; is a skilled horse rider. She can be considered a she-Macgyver of sorts since she can jimmy-rig just about anything. Also is very good at driving anything with wheels, and can operate a stick-shift.

Equipment: One .22 semi-automatic hand gun with two boxes of ammo (100 bullets total). The gun can hold 12 bullets at a time. A foot and a half long fantasy dagger (sharp and with scabbard hooked onto her belt), a Leatherman multi-purpose tool, a pink Nalgene water bottle (600mL), a school bag to carry things in (rations, can opener, small gun cleaning kit, and a small blanket), and duct tape (also in bag).

History: She grew up with a hard life; her mom grinding into her the survival spirit since her dad kicked them out of the house. She spent nights sleeping in a car, eating out of cans, and wondering when the next meal would be. Her small family came out of the rut and she excelled at school, even though she barely applied herself. She graduated, went to college, got married, continued going to school while working at the hospital, and everything was going pretty well until the outbreak started. She knew something was really wrong when her husband disappeared, and so she prepared herself for the worst.

Fun Facts/Trivia: Her favorite food is peanut butter and jelly, and is almost completely obsessed with Disney World (which, is where her hoodie came from).

Lisky

Rebecca approved, and welcome to the game...

The IC is up, and the game is still opened... adding additional people will be a simple act of getting them approved and deciding a starting position...

2 characters that i'm introing ahead of their charge...

Name: Carlos Mendoza
Race/Species: Weasel

Appearance: 5'8" muscled and exceedingly fit, Carlos hold the rank of Master Sargent in the US Army, operating as one of many of the members of the Green Berets on loan to the Department of Defense (DOD) for clean-up duty in an attempt to quash the infection before it gets out of hand.  He's dressed in unmarked, black, lightweight tactical armor.  A head to toe Nylon/Kevlar weave body suit, a lightweight full face cover, similar to ski mask made by under-armor designed to keep sweat out of ones eyes.  He wears an extremely lightweight tactical helmet.  His entire load-out if for a short duration, high intensity mission, he's loaded with ammunition, a couple of grenades, and is carrying a suppressed UMP .45 with attached holo-sight, along with a Kimber .45ACP with silencer for a pistol.  He carries a small camel-back style water holder, along with the other weapons, he carries a pair of machetes.

Name: Jason Salem
Race/Species: Panther

Appearance: Standing at 6'3" he's thin, and sinuous, his light frame makes him appear even taller.  Wearing unmarked, black, light-weight tactical armor, he's wearing a head to toe Nylon/kevlar weave body suit, along with combat webbing over the light protective garb.  He wears a ski-mask like face cover, along with a lightweight tactical helmet over that.  Clipped to the helmet is a set of night vision goggles, and his combat webbing is loaded with spare magazines for his suppressed UMP.45 and silenced Kimber .45ACP.  He is wearing a camelback style water bag on his back, and a couple of ration bars strapped into his left side leg harness.  In a secondary holster, Salem carries a side by side double-barreled shotgun which has been cut down to borderline ridiculous proportions.  The entire stock is missing, and the barrels barely measure 8 inches, leaving him with, in essence, a 12 gauge handgun.  His small back-pack carries a box of 50 shells along with a med-kit, and some plastic explosive designed for door-breaching.  He also carries a high carbon-steel, heat-treated and laser sharpened wakizashi for a melee weapon.

Both of these characters are in the helicopter which has passed over pally.  They have been tasked with retrieving one of the scientists working at the lab.

Ghostwish

Gyah! You all most be crazy! The GM gives you the option of furry races, and you chose the dull-sensed human? Sure, the endurance is good, but you're all zombie food when the hunter types start showing up! :P

Me? I'm going to chose the race I think would be bested suited for this madness.  :mowwink

Name: Charlie Mask

Race/Species: Raccoon

Appearance(height and body type req.): Appearing as your typical racoon, with a full facial mask and dark brown eyes. He is fit and trim, with a leaning towards agility and stamina over strength and bulk. Wears cargo pants and a sweater.
Pre-Zombie Outbreak Career: Doctor, specializing in micro-biology
Combat Abilities: Very agile, a crack shot with a rifle with training in a wide variety of weapons, and also skilled in trap-laying
Non-combat Skills(non-career related): Typical of a raccoon, Charlie has dabbled in many different things over the years, making him a jack of all trades, but master of none. The one odd and ends he seems to excel at is that of scavenging and survival, owing to both his training and his own natural instincts.
Equipment: M4 Carbine Rifle, Pump Action Shotgun, light-grade body armor, gasmask, along with a backpack loaded with enough rations for a week, a sleeping bag, swiss-army knife, small medical kit, water canteen, a map of the city.
History: Straight out of highschool, 8 years in the army say Charlie as an Army Ranger trained for long-range recon. After an eventful career as such, Charlie left with an honorable discharge and went into college, earning two degrees, one in medicine and one in micro-biology. He has spent most of his time either at work, or enjoying one of his many (and unusual) hobbies. He spends time at home tinkering with electronics, building all manner of bizarre contraptions, or cleaning and maintaining his arsenal. As his fascination with large fireworks, paintball, and hunting in the woods became known, he also became known as 'Crazy Coon Charlie'.
Fun Facts/Trivia:
Charlie is known for being very 'twitchy' outside of combat situations.
Charlie's arsenal includes mostly high-caliber weapons, very few of which are legal to own. His fascination with the anarchist's cookbook has not helped this.
Charlie owns an old nissan truck, named 'Ol Faithful' for the fact it never seems to breakdown or suffer even minor problems. More than likely this stems from the fact Charlie can't seem to stop tinkering with it.
Charlie also likes HAM radios, and has quite the setup in his basement, along with a smaller unit in his truck.
Raccoons are blessed with extremely keen night vision, bordering on being able to see near-perfectly in little to no light whatsoever. No one can see in pitch black, but so long as there is a shimmer of light, Charlie's keen eyes are yet to fail him.
Charlie is one crazy furball.  :mowtongue

PS: Odd question, but will the intent of the storyline unite the players, or is this a solo ordeal?

Lisky

Boog

Name: Anastasia Molovich
Sex: Female
Race/Species: Rabbit
Appearance(height and body type req.): Not a particularly attractive nor ugly woman, Anastasia has messy black hair that usually resists her attempts to keep it in a ponytail, slightly on the stocky side but not the curviest of builds, and features more readily described as handsome than pretty. 4'11" tall, on a good day. Several scars across the lower half of her face, which she keeps covered at all times with the collar of her lab coat. Gray fur.
Pre-Zombie Outbreak Career: Hired scientist, specializing in weapons research. Usually highly illegal work, but her most recent project was government contracted. Something about a virus.
Combat Abilities: While she carries a firearm, she isn't particularly good with it. Mainly her advantage in combat is her talents as a tactitian and the use of her drones to stay aware of everything going on around her.
Non-combat Skills(non-career related): None, really, if it's non-career related. She's a damn fine medic, mechanic and engineer, and there's her drone's usefulness as scouts.
Equipment: One firearm, a first aide kit, a small vial full of some pink goo that she'll only refer to as "putty" used for repairing her drones, the "droneeye" (a small portable screen that displays the view of a camera implanted in each drone) and three small homemade creatures resembling three-fingered hands with a pair of eyes on them (the drones themselves). The drones, in addition to spying, are useful for fetching small objects and, due to their biological nature, make good zombie bait.
History: Anastasia has had a varied career as a mad scientist. Contracts from governments and terrorist cells alike are tossed to her feet every day. Ironically, the products most in demand are her greatest failures; she could invent a digital pet and end up with a psychotic AI. A simple automotive repair becomes a giant robot. A lobster bisque becomes a chitinous horror destroying downtown, and so on. Recently, however, she had a simple enough job working on a government sponsored program working on a bioweapons project concealed in a port warehouse.
Then, of course, as with all of her projects, it all went to hell.
Fun Facts/Trivia: Anastasia's got a high opinion of herself, and is able to rationalize just about any action she may take. Misanthropic with a superiority complex that could be seen from space, it's rather hard to get on her good side. Doing as she says seems to get good results.

Azlan

Let's try this and see then...

Name:  Bryan McKensie
Sex: Males
Race/Species: Fox

Appearance (height and body type req.): Typical of a fox in all features, he has very light fur color that it appears to be yellow-gold.  He has the typical black accents and markings (ears, hands/feet, tail tip), but is monotone fur color for his body.  His eyes are blue.  He is light of frame, fit and trim, and shows signs of extended athleticism.

Pre-Zombie Outbreak Career: Nation Guard – Deputy Director, National Center for Infectious Diseases (Brigadier General).  Medical Doctor, Immunology and Infectious Diseases

Combat Abilities:  Basic training in most Firearms, hand to hand combat, and tactics.  Not considered a line officer, so training is not as in-depth as a combat officer.

Non-combat Skills (non-career related): Accomplished classical guitarist, non-professional (hobbyist) racecar driver, and mountain-climber (and other outdoorsy activities).

Equipment: Two M9 Pistols (Guard issued – the only thing he would be allowed to carry), Ruger SR-556 (personal; miss-ordered online, was trying to buy a Mini-14), Army Riot vest (National Guard issued), flashlight, survival pack (contains desalination tablets, camphor blocks, rope, climbing gear, flares, etc.), canteen and MREs, Field Medical kit.

History: Bryan grew up in a rather well to do family in Maryland.  His father spent most of his time and effort in running businesses and making money at the expense of others.  Not particularly comfortable with his future in business, he decided to do two things to go against the grain of his family; serve his country and study medicine to help others.  Having high marks throughout school, Bryan was accepted and graduated from the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USU) with a Ph.D. in Emerging Infectious Diseases and an O-1 commission to the Army Reserve.  He spent much of the subsequent years working in several hospitals and research facilities across the States until finally settling in Ithica.  He was appointed as the Deputy Director of Ithica's branch of the National Center for Infectious Diseases and made the youngest person to date to receive a promotion to O-7 (Brigadier General).  His father's influence is most likely to blame and there are many that do not see this as an appropriate promotion.   

Fun Facts/Trivia:
Bryan is very fond of Ginger chews
He is allergic to ethanol and only ethanol (i.e. all alcoholic beverages)
He likes MREs, they taste good to him
He is well published
He is a master of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs... all other aspects of computers are impossible for him.

Paladin Sheppard

Lisky

XP pally beat me to it... welcome to the mad house Azz, hope you enjoy your stay

Azlan

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 01, 2009, 10:29:36 AM
Youch 38 and a O-7 Azzy? I'm sure hes not liked among his peers :P

Not happy at all, the youngest appointment to date was 42... I thought it'd be fun to break that, but it also makes him wholly inexperienced at that level of command, which should be fun in a disaster. 

All the old men are not happy :3

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on July 01, 2009, 10:34:48 AM
XP pally beat me to it... welcome to the mad house Azz, hope you enjoy your stay

I noticed the larger majority of characters so far are rather scientific, should be interesting in a small room with time to debate.

Lisky

yes, yes, it would seem that NPCs are going to be providing the majority of the actual protection... Lucky for you Az, you've got whole platoons worth of red shirts at your disposal XD... unlike the others... and the scientific debates will be rather one sides, seeing as Bryan has a bit of background information the others don't have access to yet.

Tipod

Pfft, you people and your soldiers/scientists.

Name: Joseph Boston
Species: Human

Appearance: Joseph is mildly in shape, though only of average height (5' 10"), with brown eyes and short chestnut hair. Facial hair is limited to a light goatee. Outside of his job, he tends to settle for jeans and his favorite workshirt: black, with a small LPGA tour patch sewn on the breast.
Pre-zombie Outbreak Career: Sports instructor, now settled on golf
Combat abilities: slim to nothing, Joseph's talents center squarely on using whatever melee weapon is on hand; firearm skills are also fairly lackluster, but most undead are nice enough to get close for that.
Non-combat Abilities: basic first-aid and CPR training, as well as general handyman and car repair know-how.
Equipment: nine-iron, first-aid kit, duffel bag, Mossburg 500 12-gauge, 50 Remington brand rifled deer slugs, 75 Winchester Super-X buckshot shells (made with as much skill, care and quality now as they were in 1922!)

History: Joseph Boston is (was) a man living the good life: faithful wife, loving son, roomy apartment, and teaching the thing he loves most for $100 an hour. Every week a beautiful routine, showing some middle-aged schlubb how to hit a ball before coming home to dinner on the table and a hug from Junior and the missus. Really, his story is that of any honest man's, doing the right thing and always keeping calm when disaster strikes.
Well, no honest man is prepared for this kind of disaster, so that cool head might not stay so cool after all.

Trivia: -Only ever went to an amusement park once in his life, for his son's eighth birthday.
-Actually prefers chewing gum to smoking cigarettes.
-Goes to church each and every Sunday.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."