06/26/2009 [Abel #60] - The...Librarian?

Started by Cogidubnus, June 26, 2009, 01:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

I didn't know she was a genius locii. I always thought she was sorta a succubus that for whatever reason had stretched herself to fill the myriad tunnels and passages beneath the walls. :B

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 26, 2009, 08:45:59 AM
I didn't know she was a genius locii. I always thought she was sorta a succubus that for whatever reason had stretched herself to fill the myriad tunnels and passages beneath the walls. :B

I was going to use the phrase Genuis Locii, but I didn't think anyone would know what it meant. Huzzah!
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Zedd

Lucheek

Everyone's talking about the tentacles, but her claws are freakytoo.

All in all, pink or not, Miss Oolong scares me. D: I'd probaly only ever say two things to her "Yes ma'am!" or "No ma'am!"

Garsemor

Scary isn't the word for this. I would say it's more along the lines of creepy and shocking. That bunny head takes the concentration off of the fact that she is reputed to be very scary as shown on these links: (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_579.php), (http://missmab.com/Comics/WW06_025.php) and (http://missmab.com/DLoads/DMFA_Wallpaper28_1600.jpg).

Edit: I fixed the link now. Thanks for the head's up Mao.

Mao

Feather Dancer

Interesting, it seems her body can somewhat pull away from the column. In her wallpaper the wings are coming from the pillar (As are her arms with the elbow joints merged) but here they're clearly attached to her back and she's leant forward. So it must be a wierd mergey thing where she can willfully move how much of it that part of her is in and not. Her clothes are the same though it's just the colour theme thats drastically changed. It's an ever so minor thing but insanely cool.

She didn't have lippy back then though, guess she had a moment of feminine conscious that needed sorting! :D
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 26, 2009, 07:42:05 AM
'Statement' was perhaps the wrong choice of words there.  I originally wrote 'claim' but it sounded too much like I was trying to disprove it  :P

No, claim is good. I'm happy to settle for that. Besides, we're both picky about which words we use, most of the time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Sid on June 26, 2009, 04:11:51 AM
I was waiting for Oolong to show up anywhere outside the wallpaper! :boogie
Interesting color change - I wonder why or how frequently she changes them.
Maybe it's like a mood ring! It changes with emotions.

Toast

Ee! The Elusive Librarian!

Wow, she's very pretty actually. I don't think I was exactly expecting that!

DMFA reader since 2000!

Caswin

Quote from: Alondro on June 26, 2009, 07:58:14 AM
Talking bunnies can be evil and terrifying, as we see here.  So, by eating them, I'm doing you all a favor!   >:3
I don't follow.  Come to that, I rather like her so far.

Granted, I get the feeling that that would change if we actually learned more about her, but I don't think there's any danger of that.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GundamDragon

I love how Able whent to the library to shut up his new "friend" and how it looks like he/she is ready to cry because of it. lol

rhyfe2002

Is it just me, or are the books, like, super-sized? I don't remember seeing any bookshelf where the third platform goes over my head..

*resists the urge to topple said shelves over in a domino effect*

Tapewolf

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on June 26, 2009, 11:48:31 AM
Is it just me, or are the books, like, super-sized? I don't remember seeing any bookshelf where the third platform goes over my head..

I have actually seen books that large...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kage

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on June 26, 2009, 10:37:18 AM

Maybe she also changes color if someone rubs on her.....   *waits for someone to twist that in very awful ways....*

>:3
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

Naldru

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on June 26, 2009, 11:48:31 AM

*resists the urge to topple said shelves over in a domino effect*
Maybe it's the "oversize" shelf.  A lot of libraries have shelves for books that are too big to fit on the regular shelves.  For example, many atlases and art books are very large.  In fact, I have heard some of these referred to as "cocktail table" books because they take up the entire table.

Many libraries also have bsrs going over the top so that they are harder to topple.  The bars are then anchored to each of the bookcases.  In fact, I believe that it's required by law in California because the earthquakes would otherwise topple the bookcases and cause severe injury.  (Another approach is to fasten them to the ceiling or wall with chains.)

QuoteMaybe she also changes color if someone rubs on her.....   *waits for someone to twist that in very awful ways....*

If you've ever rubbed a rod with fur, you'll know that it could be shocking.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Buhamet

Well, seeing how eveyone's already beaten me to all the really important bases, I can just say that I agree with the major factor that Pink is just as scary if not moreso than her appearance in the Wallpaper

Kirishala

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on June 26, 2009, 11:48:31 AM*resists the urge to topple said shelves over in a domino effect*
I suspect that this is a part of the answer to the question of just what Oolong eats, that and her overdue fees cost an arm and a leg (literally), and you really don't want to know what happens to people who loose or damage books.

Dard

Oolong has been there, like, forever?
In a library. Where everything has to be quiet. Of course she takes her task seriously, but shouldn't she loosen up sometimes?

I wouldn't surprised if the library was occasionally used as a party location.
Or at least a meeting place for a local debating society!

Michael Chandra

Quote from: Kage on June 26, 2009, 11:56:02 AMMaybe she also changes color if someone rubs on her.....   *waits for someone to twist that in very awful ways....*

>:3
Well that would explain the "No Abel" sign 4 centuries from 'now'.

Anri

Quote from: Naldru on June 26, 2009, 12:34:43 PM
If you've ever rubbed a rod with fur, you'll know that it could be shocking.

If you'll pardon me charging into this line of thought, I just can't sit static while such discussion occurs. I just have no resistance. It polarizes me. Not to sound negative but but it is a conduit for me to speak out, a lightning rod topic if you will! Now sure, we can cycle through current discussions till it hurts but I'd rather conduct fresh statements in some capacity. I think we can all get on that bus, yes?

terrycloth

Maybe the 'No Abel' sign is because Abel got really bored a few centuries from now and painted the entire library black. :B

Wanderer

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 26, 2009, 09:14:08 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 26, 2009, 08:45:59 AM

I was going to use the phrase Genuis Locii, but I didn't think anyone would know what it meant. Huzzah!
You mean there are people who DON'T spend hours reading TVTropes in their spare time?

Michael Chandra

I was on an IRC channel, wondering what happened to make her mood go bad and black later on, someone commented "Mink didn't shut up" as possibility. I guess that sure would drive me evil.

Zedd

I mostly come to a Library just to read all the nice books

Naldru

Quote from: Wanderer on June 26, 2009, 06:30:59 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on June 26, 2009, 09:14:08 AM
You mean there are people who DON'T spend hours reading TVTropes in their spare time?
For that type of information, I go to Wikipedia.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

FSharp

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on June 26, 2009, 10:37:18 AM

Could also be the library is huge and her appearance varies according to the books housed in a particular wing.

Alternate possibility is her appearance changes based on the viewer. Maybe the wallpaper version is the Librarian viewed through Dan's eyes.
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

AndersW

I just noticed that in the wallpaper, the feather on her desk looks like Abel's.

LigerJet

Wallpaper librarian looks scary and frightening.  DMFA librarian looks kind.  Why the huge difference?

My speculation: The wallpaper is the library as decorated for a Halloween (or Furrae equivalent) party!

Lego3400

Quote from: AndersW on June 26, 2009, 09:30:01 PM
I just noticed that in the wallpaper, the feather on her desk looks like Abel's.

It does! I never noticed that. Nice catch. Wonder if she obtained it during the event that banned Abel from the library.