idea for those unable to go to AC

Started by Miaka, July 18, 2006, 08:22:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miaka

And maybe those who are, as well.

So- I know for a fact that I won't be able to make it to AC next year. But, mom has suggested that i arrange a sort of forumite meet-up thing in this general area(Boston) for people who live nearby.

Now I kow a bunch of us live on the east coast, and a lot of us aren't all that far from Boston, or at least Massachusetts. (For me, Kaos, Kio, and Wanderer, we're all pretty closely-situated)

So, New England forumites- how hard would it be/would you be able to easily get to Cabridge Commons(near Harvard University) for a board party thing? (there will be tea!)
if you'd be driving up from connecticut or Rhode Island, or that general area, my mother has graciously offered up our driveway to hold your cars. I'd rather have this happen before the summer's over, because otherwise there's school for me and ugh.

so yeah, in summary, what I need to know:
-How hard it would be to get up here
-if you'd be willing to do it anyways
-if you'd need to borrow my driveway
-any dates you know you can't make so i can start trying to arrange this
-if you think this is damn stupid and I should shut up never to speak again.

insanekaosx

I've already told you I think thi is a cool idea, but I thought I'd say it again. :-D

Jack McSlay

sounds like a good idea, but I still live in the lower half of the planet   :mowignore
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'll swim over from the yuk, but only if there's a shower available for me to wash off in afterwards... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Quote from: Jack McSlay on July 18, 2006, 08:45:17 AM
sounds like a good idea, but I still live in the lower half of the planet   :mowignore
Same here, if by lower you mean Southern. There's no up or down in space, and if you use a terrestrial point of reference, there are areas in Europe and Asia that are much lower than here.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Vidar

:yeahthat

Except I live in Europe.

It might help if there was a con around these parts.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Darkmoon

Indeed, depending on your view, much of America sits on the "eastern" side of the planet, and Europe is really south eastern...

Rowne

Thou'rt a braver man than I, llearch.

Aye, for sayeth it I must, verily, that whilst I wouldst appreciate the chance to merrily gadabout with mine fine forum compatriots, it cannot be.  Truly, I speaketh of mine tribulations and woes, for I am both unworthy of physical and monetary prowess and thusly, I am anchored and chained most symbiotically to my home and heart's land.

Or something [... bloody Frogloks].  So yeah, I'd love to partake in one of these adventures and perhaps one day I shall but not soon.  Still, those who do go, come back with plenty of interesting tales of adventure and enlightenment, eh?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I might be a braver man, but there's no -way- I'm seriously considering swimming the atlantic. :-)

Brave, yes. But there's a fine line between bravado and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gornemant

Quote from: Miaka on July 18, 2006, 08:22:28 AM
So- I know for a fact that I won't be able to make it to AC next year.
:<

Quote from: Vidar on July 18, 2006, 08:57:25 AM

Except I live in Europe.

well there's supposed to be a bunch of conventions around in europe as well, though I don't really know anything about em XD

blade

Meh, I live in Jersey, AC was the easiest con, now it's a bit far.  There is a con in Conneticut that happens in october.

Usually when one plans get togethers, there will be a handful that will go no matter the distance, and a majority that will wish that they could go and not be able to because of the distance.

Gareeku

Except I live in Europe.

Agreed. Especially somewhere like London. >_>

Gullible

Well, there's Eurofurence (Germany), FranFurence, Zillercon (Austria) and Rusfurrence, but Britain has an auspicious lack of cons, considering it's most likely the furriest nation after the US.

Lysander

Sounds pretty cool to me. Sure I still won't be able to make it (nothing to do with place/time), but 'tis a nice idea. :januscat
TytajLucheek

Supercheese

Quote from: Gullible on July 18, 2006, 01:29:44 PM
Well, there's Eurofurence (Germany), FranFurence, Zillercon (Austria) and Rusfurrence, but Britain has an auspicious lack of cons, considering it's most likely the furriest nation after the US.

What about Canada?

As for the get together - no, I'm west coast. Wrong side o' the country for me.

Gullible

Quote from: Supercheese on July 18, 2006, 02:08:44 PM

What about Canada?

Maybe third then.  But Canada has Cons, but we don't so the concept still stands.

Vidar

Ah, there are furries in Europe after all. Maybe I'll have to plan a vacation around one of these events next year, if the nearest one isn't around 12000 miles away by then...  :mowsad
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Gabi

Quote from: Gareeku on July 18, 2006, 01:27:45 PM

Except I live in Europe.

Agreed. Especially somewhere like London. >_>
I have 2 furry friends in England that are not in these forums. They were surprised when they find out I went to AC, and they turned out to know Jazz (they recognized her in the photos). Maybe I could give you each other's details.

[Edit: I'd misplaced my text so you couldn't tell what was mine and what was Gareeku's. Sorry.]
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

thegayhare

Canda has cons,  the only one I know about though is Feral and thats a cmp out sorta thing

Boog

My family goes on vacation in New England most summers, so I may be able to make it to a meet up in Boston. Not sure though.

bill

I live near Nashua (Southern N.H.), so it might not be a problem for me, assuming I can get a driver's license in time. I likely coundn't do it anyways, since I'm gonna be busy for the rest of the summer.

ElectroMotive

I can just get on Amtrak and get up there but i'll have to see when I  can do it.

Alondro

Quote from: blade on July 18, 2006, 01:09:34 PM
Meh, I live in Jersey, AC was the easiest con, now it's a bit far.  There is a con in Conneticut that happens in october.

Usually when one plans get togethers, there will be a handful that will go no matter the distance, and a majority that will wish that they could go and not be able to because of the distance.

You live in Jersey?  *rubs hands evily*  I think you'll be receiving a visitor soon...  :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on July 19, 2006, 02:58:01 PM

You live in Jersey?  *rubs hands evily*  I think you'll be receiving a visitor soon...  :kruger

Eat Blade and you'll be spending the rest of your days in Barrow Zoo.  Just thought I'd mention it... :twisted

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tezkat

Quote from: thegayhare on July 18, 2006, 03:33:09 PM
Canda has cons,  the only one I know about though is Feral and thats a cmp out sorta thing

Oh, Canada has lots of cons:mowcookie There are also a few semi-furry cons like C-ACE.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

blade

Quote from: Alondro on July 19, 2006, 02:58:01 PM

I thought I made that clear on one of those map threads..course, I've seen that you've posted your pin at one point in the Jersey devil's territory.

and stalkage...woo~! Means i can change my hunting grounds to airconditioned places.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 19, 2006, 03:11:28 PM
Eat Blade and you'll be spending the rest of your days in Barrow Zoo.  Just thought I'd mention it... :twisted

Yesh...I still gotta get the mucus out so I can do my voicing...

Ramsey

I demand you move to the NW so I'd be able to visit. :P

Miaka

Quote from: Ramsey on July 19, 2006, 10:10:43 PM
I demand you move to the NW so I'd be able to visit. :P
can I finish my play first?

Ramsey

Nupe, the world revolves around me so everyone has to drop what they are doing in order to appease me.  :3

JousterL

Sometimes, the world really does start revolving around you, Ramsey, and then you throw up. ;)

As far as this proposed meet goes, I would love to make it... if I wasn't living in Western Kentucky. But if there's anything closer (Like, Ohio or some such) feel free to let me know. :)