[CN] Tech Trading (Last Round: 2009-08-12)

Started by Tezkat, June 20, 2009, 03:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Okay, guys... Here's the new tech trading/newbie boostage thread.

This will be a six round, two month long 4x3 cycle. Basically, what we're going to be doing here is flooding the newbies with cash up front in the first two rounds and then paying only slightly more than cost for the tech in the remaining four. Each buyer will pay out $12 million for 400 tech over the course of the full cycle (which is market price--$1.5 million for 50 tech is standard). Each seller will receive $24 million for 800 tech, which should represent a profit margin of over $10 million.

HOW IT WORKS:

Each round, buyers take turns paying for each other's tech. Profit margin for the first two rounds will be enormous--over $4 million per round. Use that cash to develop your nation. The next four rounds will have very narrow profit margins (about half a million). You might want to wait until all your orders are processed before spending it.

It's very important to keep to a schedule, since foreign aid slots expire 10 days after sending them. Sending stuff late will push back the entire cycle, as we need all the slots and assume that everyone's aid will expire at the same time. Fortunately, we've discovered a "feature" of the game that allows us to send many aid packages at once even if we can't pay it all at once. Presumably, expiry date is a function of the initial send date, not the day the orders are fulfilled. So long as the orders are sent out on time, you should be able to process them over the next few days.

Sellers: After receiving your cash, raise your tech to 50 and send aid offers of 50 tech to every buyer on your list for the round. However, only buy 50 tech at a time. Wait for a buyer to accept a package before buying the next 50. The first 50 tech is really cheap--about $850k, depending on your resources/improvements. To go from 50 to 100 costs another $1.4 million or so, and would wipe out most of your profits (since we're buying it for $1.5 million each). Going from 100 to 150 will put you in the red.

Buyers: Check your sellers' nations to make sure that they have the required 50 tech on hand before accepting. I'm actually not sure what will happen if you try to accept an aid offer they can't pay for, but I doubt it will be good.

THE BUYERS:

Tezkat - Throne of the Jaguar
llearch - Outer llearchberia
Darkdragon - Alizarin Isles
James StarRunner - Mistaria

THE SELLERS:

Ink - Orvael
Kasarn - Seefir
Drathorin - Kelethratika

THE SCHEDULE:

Round 1: (Starts 2009-06-21) COMPLETE

Tezkat - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin
llearch - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin

Ink - 50 tech each to Darkdragon, James
Kasarn - 50 tech each to Darkdragon, James
Drathorin - 50 tech each to Darkdragon, James

Round 2: (Starts 2009-07-01) COMPLETE

Darkdragon - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin
James - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin

Ink - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch
Kasarn - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch
Drathorin - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch

Round 3: (Starts 2009-07-12) COMPLETE

Tezkat - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin

Ink - 50 tech each to llearch, Darkdragon, James
Kasarn - 50 tech each to llearch, Darkdragon, James
Drathorin - 50 tech each to llearch, Darkdragon, James

Round 4: (Starts 2009-07-22) COMPLETE

llearch - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin

Ink - 50 tech each to Tezkat, Darkdragon, James
Kasarn - 50 tech each to Tezkat, Darkdragon, James
Drathorin - 50 tech each to Tezkat, Darkdragon, James

Round 5: (Starts 2009-08-02) COMPLETE

Darkdragon - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin

Ink - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch, James
Kasarn - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch, James
Drathorin - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch, James

Round 6: (Starts 2009-08-12)

James - $3 million each to Ink, Kasarn, Drathorin

Ink - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch, Darkdragon
Kasarn - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch, Darkdragon
Drathorin - 50 tech each to Tezkat, llearch, Darkdragon

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I suspect this is going to have to wait for a day. I've sent to Kasarn, but I can't send to Ink or Drath today. And I might not get a chance until tomorrow night, what with sleep and stuff. And even then, I'm not sure it'll let me until monday - that whole 10 day/11 day thing. :-/

Which means your map may well be off by the number of cycles...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Well, we'll see. It wasn't supposed to start until tomorrow anyway... (We're on CN time, not Zulu time. :3)

I believe the way around the 11 day thing is to delete old trades before sending new ones. We had that problem last time, didn't we?

Kasarn

That bug was fixed quite a while ago.

Quote from: Cyber Nations update log4-1-2008
- Corrected a bug with the foreign aid feature of the game as detailed in this thread that would require players to delete their expired aid slots in order to make new foreign aid offers.

Darkdragon

I have received the 150 tech from all three sellers for Round 1.

James StarRunner

llearch n'n'daCorna

Both other packages sent. So the tech should be incoming sometime soon.

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Darkdragon

I do apologize for sending my stuff late due to Canada day, so we might have to push the schedule back by one day. Furthermore, I have just noticed that the dates jumped from the 1st to the 21st between rounds 2 and 3. Oversight?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Keleth

Tech sent to Tezak.

Will send to the 50 to llearch once that aid offer is accepted.
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

*cough*

You weren't listening, were you, Drath. Tez said, you can send two at once, and the timing starts from when you send, not when it gets accepted. If it takes three or four days for things to get organised, then so be it.

Or so I understand. I could well be wrong... but I think he's trying to make sure everything goes through ASAP, so sending two at once would be fine, even if you don't have the tech to support it...

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

They won't.

The other end simply can't approve it unless you have the tech.

Happened to me this week. No biggie.

Tezkat

Quote from: Darkdragon on July 02, 2009, 11:04:55 AM
I do apologize for sending my stuff late due to Canada day, so we might have to push the schedule back by one day. Furthermore, I have just noticed that the dates jumped from the 1st to the 21st between rounds 2 and 3. Oversight?

Um, yeah... My bad. I did add everything together rather quickly and messed up the dates. Fixed now.

Next round starts Sunday. Since it's my turn buying, I could actually fire off some of the aid on Saturday, but a few people were late last time, so I pushed everything forward a day.

Magic

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Darkdragon

Tezkat

Round 3 complete... llearch is buying the next one.

Just a reminder to sellers... please send tech offers to all of your customers when the new round rolls around. Waiting just delays the cycle for everyone.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Note that the next cycle is likely to be delayed by one day. Possibly two.

I'll send out as soon as I can, but...

llearch n'n'daCorna

All three have been sent now. Apologies for keeping everyone waiting, but I couldn't send all three of them yesterday, and having one out of step would just confuse things, I figured, so...

You should all be able to get things running now, though.

Magic

Tezkat

Just a reminder... the last round of tech trading started yesterday. James is buying. :mowcookie

James StarRunner

Bleh, busy James is busy. Money sent.

On a good note, I received my acceptance letter to the Vancouver Art Institute and now most of the house is packed up, ready to go.

Kasarn

Any plans on continuing? If not, I'll just send out tech anyway, because that's what I do. :B

James StarRunner

I wouldn't mind continuing. Though, I'm living off paper dishes and suitcases until I settle in Vancouver.

Darkdragon

I'm still waiting for Ink (er... Magic) to restock on his tech so I can accept it. >.>

Keleth

Has anyone else been getting the "Server not found error" when trying to visit Cybernations's site?
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna