Weekly Webcast #018: SMG/LoZ:TP/Okami - The word of the day is Cricket

Started by Balade, June 07, 2009, 06:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balade

Tonight we continue with Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Okami

Tonight we have voice of our ire Bryce the creator of the Bryceroller as well as bane of my D&D life!

http://www.justin.tv/balade
http://www.javgw.com

Zedd

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm back, and tired.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bradypodidae

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 07, 2009, 07:44:11 PM
What time does this usually last to?
Varies, sometimes well past midnight to early a.m. (EDT)

never mind...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Raiettei

I... have nothing to say and I'm saying it loud!!!
It's great to be back!

bradypodidae

Cricket? The game or the critter...

I understand that the volume of users at JTV has a direct impact on the quality and amount of lag in a webcast. It was certainly a problem last night. I could not follow the cast conversations at all. My question is, do you pay for their service or is it free? If it's a payed service I would think some serious hell raising would be in order. By the way, is there a means for us, the cast viewers, to register our discontent with JTV?

I still enjoyed my time watching the webcast; there are enough... 'characters,' in the chat to keep it amusing.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Turnsky

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 08, 2009, 09:30:13 AM
Cricket? The game or the critter...

I understand that the volume of users at JTV has a direct impact on the quality and amount of lag in a webcast. It was certainly a problem last night. I could not follow the cast conversations at all. My question is, do you pay for their service or is it free? If it's a payed service I would think some serious hell raising would be in order. By the way, is there a means for us, the cast viewers, to register our discontent with JTV?

I still enjoyed my time watching the webcast; there are enough... 'characters,' in the chat to keep it amusing.

A) it's free
B) again, it's free, for you, so why are you complaining?
C) this happens on and off, blame's been flying all 'round.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Lucheek

"Hark! All those who try to terrorize this Canopy, let it be known, that I, Proeliator Bradypodidade, defend these trees. I shall protect the weak and the innocent with all my power against those who wish to prey upon them! For good and justice!"

Sketch done. I like this guy. :D

(And I keep forgetting to draw clothes untill the last minute so everybody gets to be shirtless for a while. >_>;; )

Balade

yeah TJV is a free service, they've begun implementing "Pro" accounts.

http://www.justin.tv/payment/pro_faq

* Advertising-free viewing of all video on Justin.tv!
    * Five free gifts every month.
    * Access to custom Pro chat colors.
    * A special icon for your name in chat.
    * Custom badges for your profile and channel pages, showing everyone that you're a Pro!

Nothing useful to casters or anyone really, not for $7 a month anyways, i am considering checking out other sites to see if anything will help, jtv is staffed by about 13 people and stuff is always being fixed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It'd be more useful if they actually had someone who had some idea of what they were doing. Not that I'm criticising or anything...

bradypodidae

Lucheek, that is out-freaking-standing! It is too bad that you were not feeling well enough to finish the sketch during the cast last night for all to see. I guess we can post it up next week to show the chat & cast. I have always pondered what a warrior sloth would look like, well, no more. I am in awe of your skills and talent. Thank You! :hug I hope you are feeling better.

Turnsky, I did not know if the service was free or not, even so, free service that sucks still sucks. Why not complain to JTV? Not bringing the problem to their attention certainly won't bring about any changes, and I certainly don't pretend to believe that complaining will get the problem corrected. I don't like being the type of person that sits around being Emo about a problem and not taking some sort of action to get a solution. I know balade and the others will do what ever they can to try and rectify the problem, I was asking if there was a way the viewers, who JTV must pander to for advertising purposes ($$), could add a little pressure for a fix. Darn it, this whole thing is starting to read like a rant, so I best end here before I dig myself too much deeper into the hole...

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lucheek

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 08, 2009, 01:10:11 PM
Lucheek, that is out-freaking-standing! It is too bad that you were not feeling well enough to finish the sketch during the cast last night for all to see. I guess we can post it up next week to show the chat & cast. I have always pondered what a warrior sloth would look like, well, no more. I am in awe of your skills and talent. Thank You! :hug I hope you are feeling better.

Turnsky, I did not know if the service was free or not, even so, free service that sucks still sucks. Why not complain to JTV? Not bringing the problem to their attention certainly won't bring about any changes, and I certainly don't pretend to believe that complaining will get the problem corrected. I don't like being the type of person that sits around being Emo about a problem and not taking some sort of action to get a solution. I know balade and the others will do what ever they can to try and rectify the problem, I was asking if there was a way the viewers, who JTV must pander to for advertising purposes ($$), could add a little pressure for a fix. Darn it, this whole thing is starting to read like a rant, so I best end here before I dig myself too much deeper into the hole...

Glad you like it! If you want me to color and shade it, that can go as a commission. Also, I'm feeling heaps better. I appreciate all of your well-wishes guys

Kage

Quote from: Balade on June 07, 2009, 06:13:33 PM
Tonight we have voice of our ire Bryce the creator of the Bryceroller as well as bane of my D&D life!

I have to have my mission in life after all....
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

Mao

Quote from: Kage on June 08, 2009, 04:23:51 PM

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make Balade's life miserable...You must complete this mission without marrying him or having his wife do it for you or assist you in any manner.  This message probably won't self-destruct, but do you really want to take that risk?

Kage

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 08, 2009, 05:38:33 PM
Quote from: Kage on June 08, 2009, 04:23:51 PM

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make Balade's life miserable...You must complete this mission without marrying him or having his wife do it for you or assist you in any manner.  This message probably won't self-destruct, but do you really want to take that risk?

I think you forgot the "employ him and pay him next to nothing." requirement in there.  :mowtongue

llearch n'n'daCorna

That comes under "We didn't pay you? I'll talk to payroll. Did you get the memo? And I'll just take this stapler, ok?" ...

bradypodidae

Saw a popup on balade's, pinkitty's, and rai's Justin TV sites; it asks, Justin TV is working: and has two buttons underneath; one says "great", the other "poorly"

I'd attach a copy/paste of it, but haven't quite figured out how....

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Kage

*goes there*
*sees it*

*whacks the "poorly" button as quickly as possible....* :E