Amber for Anthrocon Auction: (Ends June 14th)

Started by Amber Williams, June 06, 2009, 03:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

THE AUCTION HAS ENDED:
Thank you to everyone who has bid. I'll be sending out emails to the peeps who won.

As for everyone else, looks like I will be heading to Anthrocon after all. :3

Final Standings:
Return of Dark Pegasus Arch:   $800 (JMS)
Perfect Date Arch:  $350 (Constance)

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Ha. Thats what I said when I decided to give one last try for AC. :U

That said, it looks like well...even out of the gates I will be going after all. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 06, 2009, 03:47:27 PM
Ha. Thats what I said when I decided to give one last try for AC. :U

For me it's a lose-lose situation.  Should I win, you'll have corrupted my sense of fiscal responsibility.  Should I not win, I'll have lost out  :rolleyes

Cogidubnus

Thank god for Tapewolf and his financial stability. I salute you, sir. *salutes*

Sunblink

Well this seems like a good time to blow away my college fund! :3

oh dear god my fuuuuuture.

EDIT: GODSPEED, TAPEWOLF. GODSPEED, SIR.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on June 06, 2009, 04:51:10 PM
Thank god for Tapewolf and his financial stability. I salute you, sir. *salutes*

Well, if I keep doing things like this my bank balance is going to stay roughly the same instead of growing like it should  :U

Anyway, there's no guarantee that someone else won't decide they want it more than I do.

Zedd

Best of luck everyone,Get your wallets started expendable cash people!!

Yugo

Awesome of you, Tape. I wish I had the cash to throw around to help too.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Lorien

Yay!  Good luck Amber, and hope you get to go and have lots of fun!

I'd put a bid on Perfect date but I have vet bills... >_<  Its probably one of my favorite arcs so far.

Anything else I can do to help in the endeavor?

Sofox

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on June 07, 2009, 07:36:33 AM
Nice going Tape.

There is an adage about chicken eggs not hatching...
Unless of course you mean setting the opening bid that high.  Actually I didn't see how much Amber was hoping for.  It just seemed... right.

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 07, 2009, 07:37:57 AM
Nice going Tape.

Unless of course you mean setting the opening bid that high.  Actually I didn't see how much Amber was hoping for.  It just seemed... right.
Great, and now you're psychic.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sofox

Tape: Just thought it was cool of you to support Amber like that.

Quote from: Jairus on June 07, 2009, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 07, 2009, 07:37:57 AM
Nice going Tape.

Great, and now you're psychic.

Dammit, if Tapewolf has got the mindreading down, how much longer before he gains the rest of the cubi powers?

Jairus

Quote from: Sofox on June 07, 2009, 07:06:35 PM
Dammit, if Tapewolf has got the mindreading down, how much longer before he gains the rest of the cubi powers?
I expect he shall learn basic dream magic in a short while. At Anthrocon, we might all experience some f'ed up dreams.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Jairus on June 07, 2009, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: Sofox on June 07, 2009, 07:06:35 PM
I expect he shall learn basic dream magic in a short while. At Anthrocon, we might all experience some f'ed up dreams.

Well.. if he's growing at this rate.. by the time AC comes he might even learn how to shape-shift...  D:  TRUST NO ONE!

(joking  :giggle  but really Tape and Mao, you guys are awesome!  :boogie Keep it up! =D  (actually.. I guess that makes no sense... oh well  :B )).

Tapewolf

Amber, a quick question:

In the previous auctions the portrait-sized strips were not included.  Is that the case this time?
Notwithstanding that the arc is still ongoing, are there any missing strips etc?

Amber Williams

In the early times, I had a bunch of long-strips which I used to scan, where as the full sized pages were in a book format which I lost.  But now I do most all the strips on a full page, so the portrait sized images (like the 1000th comic image with Cyra) are in fact included with this batch.

Unless one page has managed to escape my grasp without me knowing of it, this entire arch should be complete, portrait pages and all.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 07, 2009, 08:38:32 PM
Unless one page has managed to escape my grasp without me knowing of it, this entire arch should be complete, portrait pages and all.

Cool.  Just checking  :3

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 06, 2009, 03:47:27 PM
... I will be going after all. :3

Excellent.  Now if any of us get a chance to actually meet you amidst the throngs of fans who will be swarming you, I'll really be impressed.

Amber Williams

Pfft. You've played RO.  You just gotta do some area attacks to sweep out the mobs.  Just watch out, since its a furry con, prolly gonna be the swarming with ninetails. :U

Mao

Hmmm.. Champion, Wizard or Assassin Cross.. which would be best to solve this sticky situation...Wizard I think.

I figure cast Lord of Vermilion after putting up three fire walls and just nuke them all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think the best way for you to clear the area is to cosplay as something evil and large.

Sailor Bubba leaps into mind, but I think you had something else in mind, too. Whatever works...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 08, 2009, 02:11:01 PM
Hmmm.. Champion, Wizard or Assassin Cross.. which would be best to solve this sticky situation...Wizard I think.

I figure cast Lord of Vermilion after putting up three fire walls and just nuke them all.

Or you could take the Team Fortress 2 approach: barge into the crowd, watch the little babies disperse, and scream "CRY SOME MORE!" while you gun them all down. :3

Amber's not the only one who can make video game analogies! I just make terribly predictable ones.

Cogidubnus

I bet you'd clear more crowds using the Jarate method, Keats. :3

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 08, 2009, 03:22:07 PM
I think the best way for you to clear the area is to cosplay as something evil and large.

Sailor Bubba leaps into mind, but I think you had something else in mind, too. Whatever works...

Sailor Bubba.. in a Princess Leia slave costume...

That's all I'm sayin'.

Either that or I was going to walk in wearing all of the gear (except helmet) that I wear when I'm out on my bike (leather pants and heavy boots too) and act all surprised that's it's not a Harley convention.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Princess Leia Slave Girl costume under the bike gear?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

This could work.  Especially if just remove my shirt, and wear the bronze bikini top...

Sofox

Naldru

Use of jarate at Anthrocon would probably incur the wrath of both Uncle Kage and the Dorsai Irregulars.  It might be safer annoying Aaryanna and Fa'Lina.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.