So yeah, Better Days ended...

Started by Sofox, June 01, 2009, 01:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

I'm a bit late on this one, still, the comic was fairly well known in the Furry community, been around for a while and now it's sorta ended, with the comic being wrapped up and the artist moving onto something else (last year that happened to Ozy and Millie).
To be honest, I feel sort of "meh" about the whole thing, despite me going through a few cleanses where I'd stop reading webcomics I felt I was just reading out of habit, Better Days still seemed to be a comic I kept reading, I liked the art and the stories were never enough to put me off. Yeah, sure, there were a few controversial parts, a thing or two I disagreed with, and a few undisguised attempts of the writer to clearly put his view forth on something, but overall I found it nice reading it, let the things that irritated me just slide of my back, and kept going.
Recently, I found it hard to keep track of all the characters though but I honestly wasn't paying the comic enough attention to do so. The ending of the comic came a little sudden for me, but on re-reading the last chapter, I can see how the author was building up to it.
In the end, it was a nice ending, and I don't know whether I follow whatever Jay starts up now, or just leave it at that.

Valynth

This is news worthy of Ric Romero.

Seriously, the only thing surprising about this is that it lasted as long as it did.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Meh. I preferred what BDK did with him.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 01, 2009, 03:12:36 PMMeh. I preferred what BDK did with him.

I think most of us do.  First Cerberus, now Better Days.  The crazies may just be getting out of comics at last.

(do you suppose he was Going Galt (some NSFW language))

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Paladin Sheppard

To be perfectly honest guys I loved this comic and I can't wait for his next project. I know its gonna be set some time down the track when they all have kids in the pre to early teens.

JackLee1978

His new comic, Original Life, has already started. I've been a fan of his since the start of BD and I like the start of this series.

Netrogo

Pfft it's not really ended, since he started Original Life which is litterally Better Days set what looks like a decade into the future.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... with the kids about the age their parents were when BD was started.

Gee. What a coincidence...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

So which of his sisters do you think the boy's gonna wind up boning in a serious and heartfelt totally not pandering to the internet moment?
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Faerie Alex

Now, he has said that Original Life is going to be a more funny, and less dramatic than Better Days. Somehow, I just don't see OL having the same level of incest as BD had. Personally, I'm also a fan of BD. I'll hold off judgement on OL until I see more of it, but at least the first page hasn't turned me off of it. :razz
Jeez I need to update this thing.

GabrielsThoughts

I read it a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. I stopped reading because it was too depressing.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sofox

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 02, 2009, 11:19:12 PM
I read it a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago. I stopped reading because it was too depressing.

I was reading a relatively recent story arc on Better Days a while back and though: "Jay Naylor watched Taxi Driver as a kid, didn't he?"

Sunblink

Eh, I'm not really a fan of Better Days. I really prefer BDK. However, I took a look at Original Life's first page and I think the art shows a lot of promise - Naylor's actually drawing backgrounds. I think that will help improve the art.

Not to mention, he said in his LiveJournal that Original Life will have one or two heavy arcs, but will mostly remain optimistic and humorous. I think that will be a more tolerable departure from what I really didn't like about Better Days.

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Cogidubnus

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif