[Art] Rhyfe2002's Art Thread (27 Nov 2010)

Started by rhyfe2002, May 24, 2009, 02:09:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lysander

Wow, rhyfe. Wow. I very much like the style of clothing you gave her and the shading is awesome.  I really like the shines in her eyes too, but can't name why. No worries about the wings, they still look great. I also like how the picture is blue instead of black and white.  :hug You're awesome, rhyfe.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 21, 2009, 04:36:30 AM
Probably something subtle and psychological, I mean. You hardly ever see anyone's avatar looking like they just stepped out of the bath (not like that, you perverts) and being all messed up. If someone is, their hair is perfect, for example, and their towel is spotless and white.

Huh? I can't be the only one who thinks that would be awesome. Fresh out of the bath... wearing nothing but a towel... damp hair matted... little droplets streaming off muscles...

Rawr! >:]

QuoteI dunno about you, but the towels I have in my house include a couple of nice big white ones, but also a random collection of all sorts of other colours, shapes, and sizes...

Actually, I don't think I own any white towels that weren't... um... inadvertently liberated from some hotel. :animesweat

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 23, 2009, 08:57:47 AM
There's something wrong with the way I draw hair, too; it often appears thinner than it should be, which also contributes to the the whole melon-head thingy. I've been trying pretty hard to change it, but.. I guess old habits are hard to kick =;( 

Honestly? I rather like the way you do hair. The thinness gives it a certain lightness that makes it look more flowing and hairlike.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

WhiteFox

There's something wrong with the way I draw hair, too; it often appears thinner than it should be, which also contributes to the the whole melon-head thingy. I've been trying pretty hard to change it, but.. I guess old habits are hard to kick =;( 

I bought a hairstyle magazine (Sophisticate's Hairstyle Magazine) about 5 months ago that I use for reference. Five bucks, hundreds of pictures. Very handy. Even if I look utterly ghey when I read it in public.

By the way: Anya's hand amazing.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

rhyfe2002

Alexsi (PG Nudity)

... *runs away from impending mallet of doom*

llearch (how do you even spell that?), I'm having trouble drawing out your request.. I'll still try my best to finish it if you'd like, but if you want to change it, I wouldn't mind at all. (Any excuse to draw naked babes would be even better. :D

Turnsky

I've been trying pretty hard to change it, but.. I guess old habits are hard to kick =;( 

truth be told, you know what you need to change, and you strive to change it, that's half the proverbial battle won right there, there's far too many artists who flail under the "It's my style!" excuse it's kinda sad...

that said, i do like your style the rough sketchyness overall give a little more soul to things than most folks are ordinarily used to, it's refreshing to see.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Kipiru

Dude, that Alexsi pic is off the hook- her expression is pure gold!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I kinda figured you might be having trouble. :-/

... Only problem is, I don't have any babes to draw. The only female char I have is Tim, and she's a Gryphon B - ie, not anthro. She also tends to wear a flowing cloak, and to have a slightly harried look on her face from looking after Rover... so any picture of her would only be complete with him in there somewhere. And, if you weren't aware, he's a Gryphon C, one of the big suckers.

Something with the two of them is something I'd be cautious about requesting a sketch of, if only because he's big enough to make it a lot of work - you wouldn't get the sense of scale unless there was background to show it,  I think.

In short - if you don't mind, I'd kinda like the Witt pic. And I'm happy to wait, and/or change it around, if that makes it easier; I just figured you'd enjoy a challenge...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KarlOmega1

The Alexsi pic is pretty nice, Rhyfe.

(Note: My mouse acted up and accidently clicked the wrong area of the screen.)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

rhyfe2002

Finally finished it.

llearch, if someone else manages to do a halfway-decent version of your character, please let me know; I want to see how the heck they deal with the helmet, jacket and spine placement  >:3 'twas kind of fun to do though. Especially the spines.  :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

woot!

If I ever get rich, I'll commission people until I get one. ;-]

In passing, you've given him porcupine type spines, rather than hedgehog type; this might make it somewhat different in terms of how they sit. Still love it, though. *grin*

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 27, 2009, 05:18:10 AM
woot!
If I ever get rich, I'll commission people until I get one. ;-]

Is this the first picture of Witt we've seen?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lysander

And does radiate awesome. I like the shading in the spines. I also like the had which flips off the viewer. Many drawings of such hands would have the middle finger drawn strait up which would be impossible in real life for most people without some sort of brace due to tendons. In this picture the finger appears slightly bent which much more realistic.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Lysander on July 27, 2009, 09:44:09 AM
And does radiate awesome. I like the shading in the spines. I also like the had which flips off the viewer. Many drawings of such hands would have the middle finger drawn strait up which would be impossible in real life for most people without some sort of brace due to tendons. In this picture the finger appears slightly bent which much more realistic.   :januscat

Actually I did make the mistake of having it too straight.. I thought it looked kinda odd and tried to do it myself, and I was like ... "I didn't know flipping people off hurts so much..."  :rolleyes

Mao

The only way you can flip someone off and not strain the tendons is to bring the index finger up with the middle and simply curl it down.  The more tucked in you try and make the index finger, the more you're going to strain the tendon.

WhiteFox

*Dumbfounded stare* An anthro hedgehog... that doesn't look like Sonic? The legends were true!

*Ahem*

I love the spines coming off the back of the head.

... Why do I get the impression that he's flipping me off with his tail?
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 27, 2009, 11:14:22 AM
The only way you can flip someone off and not strain the tendons is to bring the index finger up with the middle and simply curl it down.  The more tucked in you try and make the index finger, the more you're going to strain the tendon.

..coming from a true master in the art of ticking people off XD

Mao

Quote from: wuffnpuff on July 27, 2009, 12:02:13 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 27, 2009, 11:14:22 AM

..coming from a true master in the art of ticking people off XD

I do what I can.  Sometimes the fail is just strong strong though, that I really don't need to do anything at all.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 27, 2009, 11:37:38 AM

Because he is>:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: rhyfe2002 on July 27, 2009, 12:45:47 PM
Quote from: WhiteFox on July 27, 2009, 11:37:38 AM

Because he is>:3

I _knew_ there was a reason I liked it. ;-]

rhyfe2002

Akaru tries to impersonate a Cubi. Not like it's that hard to do. (Wings + clan symbol, at least as far as I know)

This is actually one of my first times I actually attempted to do a cloudscape. Not like I'm happy with it or anything...  :<

Will open free sketches again soon (probably as soon as I'm done with the last one), so keep your eyes peeled if you want one :D

Sprocketsdance

*squeeee* Oh the cuteness! I love how he's prancing about! ^_^  :giggle

Corgatha Taldorthar

Is Akaru supposed to be a child, or to bring up childish associations? I got that with the picture on the front page, and this one, with almost a trace of baby fat, and running in a partly sunny meadow............. (I ask because the headwings are supposed to be a sign of adulthood among 'cubi, and the mixed imagery confused me a little.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

rhyfe2002

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 30, 2009, 10:14:06 AM
Is Akaru supposed to be a child, or to bring up childish associations? I got that with the picture on the front page, and this one, with almost a trace of baby fat, and running in a partly sunny meadow............. (I ask because the headwings are supposed to be a sign of adulthood among 'cubi, and the mixed imagery confused me a little.)

Most people would call him a baby, and he certainly acts like one for the most part. The only difference is that 1) he doesn't seem to age, and 2) has powers that border on the god-like (Fortunately, he is blissfully ignorant of that fact).

Note that he didn't actually turn into an incubus; Most likely, he merely thought that having a clan symbol and headwings were cute, and shapeshifted himself a couple of them.    :giggle

Lysander

And right he is! Very cute wings he shape shifted too.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Zedd

rhyfe2002

Sorry about the delay. :X (You can blame BlazBlue for that)

Anyway, I can take two more requests before school reopens in a week =;( Then the Free Sketch Giveaway (TM) will officially close. So post them already!

Dekari

Two more you say...I may have to get in on this then.  Though I kind of want to see another character of mine done up, but seeing as I have nothing other than ideas in my head about them, I guess I'm stuck with Dekari for now.

If you want to do this, take your pick of which one of the three forms to draw him in.  Got a reference pic of one form done by Kipiru over at this link and general description of everything else over at these two

But if there are others that want to get in on this first, you can skip me.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/

Lisky

Awesome work Rhyfe, very awesome indeed...

i hope you don't mind if i borrow it for my avatar... the forum has a distinct lack of demon support, one which i intend to change :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tezkat

These "sketches" are all so terribly full of win that I'll jump in on that last call and take advantage of Rhyfe's generosity. :3

Here's a ref pic of my avie. And some older refs, if you need them. Thanks! :mowcookie

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...