05/10/09 [#133] - That's going to hurt in the mornin'

Started by Zedd, May 11, 2009, 04:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Oh gods,What was that flew from her head other than grey matter? 

Must be a stylish piece of tech!

Tapewolf

I've been wondering what the heck that was for a while now.
It's possible that the tiny brain things are a symbolic representation of what's actually happening (i.e. that her head has burst open), but that doesn't explain the figure.

The gun is firing something like smoke - the first panel is confusing as the stuff seems to be firing out sideways and narrowing down to a point, the opposite of what it is likely to do unless it has been spreading out for some time.  On the other hand it could literally be that she's died some extremely trippy death.

I am wondering whether Slick's 'modification' of the gun is to do with the little soul-gem thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 11, 2009, 05:01:32 AM

I am wondering whether Slick's 'modification' of the gun is to do with the little soul-gem thing.

I think he might have sucked something out of the soul-gem using his gun, since the sound effects in this comic imply some kind of... suction? She could have fired whatever was inside of the orb at the Scout.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2009, 01:28:10 PM
I think he might have sucked something out of the soul-gem using his gun, since the sound effects in this comic imply some kind of... suction? She could have fired whatever was inside of the orb at the Scout.

That's kind of what I'm thinking, except that given how valuable it was to the Princess and IIRC her people, it hardly sounds like a one-shot trick.  It would be a waste if it was.
I'm assuming that either he reckons he can get it back, or whatever it was hasn't exhausted the gem completely.

Brunhidden

either that or we have a new character running around

or possibly one that can still be crammed back into the bauble, and removed at will. the fact that its a kind of family heirloom hints that its got a use, and has been used before
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

It's the Arc-of-the-Covenant gun from Hexen.  Where all these little souls shoot out of it and kill everyone.

joshofspam

Well maybe now they'll actually be fighting instead of this hide and seek.

I didn't like the sniper snake anyway. She was taking all the spot light from the other girls anyway.

Maybe some of them might walk away from this with their brains intacked. But where's the fun in that? :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Stupid N00bie

Quote from: joshofspam on May 14, 2009, 02:53:22 PM
Maybe some of them might walk away from this with their brains intacked. But where's the fun in that? :P

I'm sorry for this.

No I'm not.  Not in the least.  Spellchecker comes standard with Firefox you know!
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears