05/10/09 [DMFA #1000] - Cyra's intro

Started by Baal Hadad, May 10, 2009, 02:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titanium Dragon

Its mostly inference that Fa'lina is a clan founder. Of course, she may not have been originally, and later became one for... herself, and it may well be she isn't one at all. We DO know she has those dragon head things, though, which indicate that her clan's founder is still alive, which probably means it is her (either that, or she is simply so powerful she can ignore that restriction). See: this comic and the next one, where she manifests the dragon head things.

She doesn't have a third set of wings which are visible... but that doesn't necessarily mean she lacks them, given that cubi are shapeshifters and can hide their wings easily. Why she would, however, is another question.

LoneHowler

Quote from: Leoleonardo on May 10, 2009, 03:13:43 AM
Quote from: Tikki on May 10, 2009, 03:02:37 AM
People seem to be forgetting that Fa'Lina is a founder too. Her clevage is not sporting her clan marking!

Where did it show Fa'Lina is a clan founder? She doesn't have three wings like the others :P
find a page that talks about Falina then seek a link
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Baal Hadad

I bring your attention to this comic:

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_500.php

Well, what's the verdict?

Jairus

Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 10, 2009, 03:28:06 AM

Ooh, nice catch.

Well... I'd say she did come up with something. She gave us a "new" character in quite an impressive way. Amber gets a feather in her cap for this one. So, yeah. Go Amber!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Garsemor

I had never expected to see a smiling, happy and friendly Cyra. I imagined her more along the lines of terror, pain and anger, not this. Amber you have outdone your self in the department of the unexpected :goamber .

Grenn

Wow, thanks to that link, I just realized that the first DMFA I read was the 501st comic. :D

Congrats on 1000!

And who else says that Dan is saying wow, looking at Cyra's chest instead of her presence? :p

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Jairus on May 10, 2009, 03:31:09 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 10, 2009, 03:28:06 AM

Ooh, nice catch.

Well... I'd say she did come up with something. She gave us a "new" character in quite an impressive way. Amber gets a feather in her cap for this one. So, yeah. Go Amber!

Definitely!  Congratulations on ten years, and may the next ten bring on even more!  :D

Quote from: Grenn on May 10, 2009, 03:31:49 AM
Wow, thanks to that link, I just realized that the first DMFA I read was the 501st comic. :D

Congrats on 1000!

And who else says that Dan is saying wow, looking at Cyra's chest instead of her presence? :p

God, I hope not....   :erk

EDIT: I'm a Medusa Head?  Huh?

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Garsemor on May 10, 2009, 03:31:31 AM
I had never expected to see a smiling, happy and friendly Cyra.

What better way to manipulate someone?
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

senrath

Ooo, pretty.

This would definitely make an awesome wallpaper.  In fact, I have just set it as mine :P

Also, what font is that that Cyra is speaking in?

MT Hazard

Quote from: Grenn on May 10, 2009, 03:31:49 AM

A least three of Dan's trains of thought smash straight into each other,
"whoa she's hot"
and
"Ah! giant evil cubi"
also
"Wait she's my great, great (x10) grandmother?"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Baal Hadad

Quote from: senrath on May 10, 2009, 03:38:03 AM
Ooo, pretty.

This would definitely make an awesome wallpaper.  In fact, I have just set it as mine :P

What IS that font?  If I had to venture a guess I'd say it looks like Old English but they have so many fonts nowadays....  :S

MT Hazard

Quote from: Baal Hadad on May 10, 2009, 03:41:52 AM
Ooo, pretty.

This would definitely make an awesome wallpaper.  In fact, I have just set it as mine :P

What IS that font?  If I had to venture a guess I'd say it looks like Old English but they have so many fonts nowadays....  :S

While it is indeed a good font I have a little trouble reading it. Does she say 'hello Darid'?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Baal Hadad

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 10, 2009, 03:44:02 AM
Ooo, pretty.

While it is deed a good font I have a little trouble reading it. Does she say 'hello Darid'?

It's "Hello Daniel."  Look closer--I know it looks odd at first glance....

Garsemor

I wonder what Abel is doing. My guess rushing to Dan's room to warn him of Cyra's presence. But it's too late for that.

What Dan will do next is rather a mystery depending on what he's thinking and what he realized.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Leoleonardo on May 10, 2009, 03:13:43 AM
Quote from: Tikki on May 10, 2009, 03:02:37 AM
People seem to be forgetting that Fa'Lina is a founder too. Her clevage is not sporting her clan marking!

Where did it show Fa'Lina is a clan founder? She doesn't have three wings like the others :P
Three wings doesn't mean the 'cubi is a founder.  It just means that that 'cubi is super-powerful and should not be messed with!

Quote from: Garsemor on May 10, 2009, 03:47:50 AM
I wonder what Abel is doing. My guess rushing to Dan's room to warn him of Cyra's presence. But it's too late for that.
Why should he be worried about Cyra coming to visit Dan?  Shouldn't the Clan Founder have his/her members' best interest in mind?  Depending on Abel's relation to the Cyra clan, and Cyra herself, he would either be greeting her warmly or shivering under the nearest bed.

A thought just occurred to me: What if Fi growing big was an indicator of Cyra visiting Dan?  It's a thought.

And congrats, Amber, for the 1000th comic.  Here's hoping that your inbox isn't flooded by too many "Happy 1000th!"
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Magic

Ooo, pretty.

Ruritania.

It comes with an outline too when you download it, so it's easy to convert into glowing text, barring just duplicate/rasterizing it and doing Gaussian blur. It's a nice effect on the comic, nevertheless.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Kabbalist

Um...hello. I typically just lurk in this part of the forum, but this is so worth it.

To be quite frank, I had few or no preconceptions about what Cyra would look like. Then again, I'm not familiar with the wiki, either. One way or the other, though, I hadn't expected her to look quite so much like Destania. Granted, they are related, but after a number of generations I'd expect the familial resemblance to have faded somewhat. Then again, maybe Cyra isn't as distant a relative as I'd previously assumed. Given the long lifespan of the 'Cubi, especially the powerful ones, might it be possible that Destania was one of Cyra's more immediate descendants?

All half-baked guesses aside, big congratulations are in order for Amber. Not only is this her 1000th strip, I think it's some of her best comic artwork to date in terms of the depiction of an individual character. Cyra looks graceful, ethereal, and awesome in the classic sense of the word. Let's hope that Mr. Diplomacy there doesn't give her a reason to show him her claws. If he handles himself right this could be very good for him.

On a more whimsical note, I've been trying to figure out what kind of soundtrack and/or sound effects Cyra is probably using in her entrance. A facetious part of my mind keeps throwing in a subtle rendition of When You Wish Upon a Star.

Feather Dancer

1, Holy hell.

2, The tri ladies sure like their clan marks on their chest, I wonder if it's used as a clevage excuse, not that being cubi you'd need one but still.
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

inuhanyo

Reminds you of what the original meaning of "awesome" is.

Very nicely done, Amber.  Oh, yeah, is that ever wallpaper material.

Quote from: Jairus on May 10, 2009, 03:24:14 AM
Quote from: VSMIT on May 10, 2009, 03:20:06 AM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_016.php

Check out what Aniz says.
Just playing devil's advocate here, I'd like to point out that Aniz failed to save his clan too...

"Your own clan ..." could simply refer to the clan she belongs to, not the clan she founded.

Psy-Kosh

Another congrats to Amber.

And ooooh, Cyra is shiny!

Turnsky

Quote from: Kabbalist on May 10, 2009, 04:03:49 AM

On a more whimsical note, I've been trying to figure out what kind of soundtrack and/or sound effects Cyra is probably using in her entrance. A facetious part of my mind keeps throwing in a subtle rendition of When You Wish Upon a Star.

Given the general attitude of this particular clan..

This would be far more apt

>:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Dard

Quote from: VSMIT on May 10, 2009, 03:20:06 AM
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Ab_016.php

Check out what Aniz says.
Aniz says nothing to imply Fa'Lina is a founder.
She failed to save her own clan the same way Aniz failed to save his own clan.

I always thought that Fa'Lina was always a powerful member of her clan and simply remained as one of the last surviving member of her clan.
That what became of her founder is unknown. Perhaps he/she is dead, perhaps mentally and phyically crippled, or perhaps the only other surviving member.

I would like to think that Fa'Lina will someday get her own third wings and then start her own clan.

Garsemor

The style in which Cyra makes her introduction is typical for either powerful, graceful, beautifully, savior or holy(blessing or solution) characters. If you see thees characters they usually at first appear huge, colorful, bright and make it seem like they are coming out of heaven.

Note: Did anyone notice that she hasn't got pupils? Her eyes are pure white.

LoneHowler

Clues that Falina is a founder both can be found in this comic http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_730.php

Tentacle heads and obsession with Babies (perhaps because founders are sterile and cant have their own children) and she adopted Pyroduck another indication of sterility.

Other clues she is powerful enough to be a founder: She started SAIA, how else would someone convince multiple clans to send their children to her school unless the Cubi was powerful enough to keep even cubi with clan founders under control
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Dwarg91

Hey does anyone know where Fa'Lina's cast page is because I think that it was stated there

senrath

Quote from: Dwarg91 on May 10, 2009, 04:55:34 AM
Hey does anyone know where Fa'Lina's cast page is because I think that it was stated there
We're not supposed to talk about that on the forums.

Turnsky

There is no page, there is only Zuul.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Dwarg91

Quote from: senrath on May 10, 2009, 04:57:11 AM
We're not supposed to talk about that on the forums.
Oops sorry :blush :baghead

Garsemor

You could try the wiku-wiki. Her is Fa'lina's bio http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Fa%27Lina .

Dwarg91

Quote from: Garsemor on May 10, 2009, 05:07:07 AM

You could try the wiku-wiki. Her is Fa'lina's bio http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Fa%27Lina .
Thank you.  Though I could not gleen any info about if Fa'Lina being a clan leader though I remember reading that she was somewhere in the site.