05/08/09 [Abel 2 #54] - Hizell vs. Siar

Started by Sunblink, May 08, 2009, 02:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopman

Tis one of the reasons Ambers work is so bloody wonderful!  :boogie

She really understands just how close love and hate are to each other and how nasty it is when one turns to the other ( or how amazing ).
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Garsemor

Quote from: Lucheek on May 08, 2009, 04:40:34 PM
Huh... the clan symbol on Siar's chest isn't there. I wonder if, as a clan leader, she has such powerful magic she can hide it?

It's there now.

Alondro

Well well, an entire clan of Cubi (minus Aniz, who doesn't really count) vs one dragon, and the cubi clan gets wiped out.

Kinda gives a sense of how powerful the dragon race really is.  Except for Pyro, who seems pretty weak in his humanoid form.

Of course, to wrongs don't make a right, so Aniz and Destania are still evil in my book.  They chose to give into their hatred and their journey toward the Dark Side is complete!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Corgatha Taldorthar

Remember, there are 'Cubi, and then there are 'Cubi. There's a huge gap between someone like Dan, and someone like Destania, and another huge gulf between someone like Destania, and someone like Fa'Lina. It's entirely probable that the same rubrick applies to dragons.

Consider, this strip Fa'Lina's choice of words seems to indicate that Abel, a fairly young (and presumably relatively weak) Cubi, is quite capable of killing a dragon. However, that doesn't stop the one that SIar was fighting to be some sort of awesomely powerful monstrosity. I mean, if it made a tri-wing call for help............
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lucheek

Quote from: Garsemor on May 09, 2009, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: Lucheek on May 08, 2009, 04:40:34 PM
Huh... the clan symbol on Siar's chest isn't there. I wonder if, as a clan leader, she has such powerful magic she can hide it?

It's there now.
Oh... guess it was just a late-night mistake. Sorry, Amber.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 08, 2009, 07:49:09 PM
Quote from: Naldru on May 08, 2009, 07:22:16 PM
Please note that you aren't criticizing Amber's grammar.  You are criticizing Fa'lina's grammar.  That can be dangerous.
Since my earlier warning seems to have gone unheeded, I'll again point out that Amber doesn't suffer typo-spotting gladly (see Lost Lake section rules).

I did apologise before, as a dyslexic and a regular forum member I should know better. So again, sorry.

Also: I see that I was voted down (-1) for this, which I understand. Still don't understand the -60 I had before though, well such is life.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Arcblade

Er...  could someone point me to the section where the rating/karma system is discussed?  I managed to get a -1 at some point and I'd like to know what to avoid.  :/ 

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcblade on May 09, 2009, 04:09:34 PM
Er...  could someone point me to the section where the rating/karma system is discussed?  I managed to get a -1 at some point and I'd like to know what to avoid.  :/ 
It's pretty arbitrary.  Basically it's something anyone can do for whatever reason they feel like.
Some boards require a reason to be given for their karma counters, this one doesn't.
At the end of the day it doesn't mean a huge amount anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Draken

(Ala Zapp Brannigan)
A thought occurs...maybe the dragon really isn't a dragon?  A fae or something else entirely maybe?  That might be a good reason why it was too strong for Siar, and why everyone got wiped out so easily....

Or, maybe, just unspoken, there was an ambush planned.....

Just a couple thoughts.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Draken on May 09, 2009, 07:24:52 PM
maybe the dragon really isn't a dragon?  A fae or something else entirely maybe?  That might be a good reason why it was too strong for Siar, and why everyone got wiped out so easily....
Demonology says the Dragons are as powerful as the Fae, possibly more so.

Draken

Ah, well, there goes my thought.  I'll just do away with it ala Old Yeller...later..
*walks away with idea*

>:3
Go get'em, Jy!

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Tapewolf

Quote from: Draken on May 09, 2009, 07:36:38 PM
Ah, well, there goes my thought.  I'll just do away with it ala Old Yeller...later..
*walks away with idea*
Well, there's nothing inherently wrong with it, it's just that it adds complexity with no obvious payoff  :P

Draken

Weeelllll....maybe I'm thinking too much into this but......

Near as I can tell, Fae can live for nearly forever, and that can get any being bored....so why not strike up some trouble, cause some conspiracies, and the such?   And what better way to do that than to off nearly a whole clan (or maybe they were hoping to get the whole caboodle, and it just became more interesting)?

Thus, i can see a fae eing the ultimate man/woman behind the man/woman.   And I'll be honest, I'm a little biased against the fae...I am not a fan of anyone who manipulates another, especially when lives are on the line, one way or another.  (And yes, that means I am NOT a good fan of Mabs...No end justifies the means!!!  And this thought goes with all other chars doing the same basic thing  :P)

SOoooo....I can see a fae being the "Dragon" in this case.
Go get'em, Jy!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Alondro on May 09, 2009, 10:22:32 AMKinda gives a sense of how powerful the dragon race really is.  Except for Pyro, who seems pretty weak in his humanoid form.

Is there really evidence that Pyro is a weak dragon? It's entirely possible to be powerful but not use your strengths. Sure, they may be weaker in their being (humanoid) forms, and younger dragons wouldn't be as powerful as older ones either.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Michael Chandra

"Hate! So full of hate!" he screamed, being crushed by the dragon sitting on his ass.

Psaakyrn

On a side note... The Siar clan seems to employ dragon-head tentacles, shown in this strip, and in strip 51. Which seems to point towards the Edward/Aniz theory..
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Psaakyrn on May 10, 2009, 09:58:21 AM
On a side note... The Siar clan seems to employ dragon-head tentacles, shown in this strip, and in strip 51. Which seems to point towards the Edward/Aniz theory..

Dan is definitely clan Cyra, so I think that's moot.  Especially if Siar doesn't survive the fight with Hizell.

Mao

Not to mention that Dragon Head tentacles are a sign of a living clan leader or being very powerful.. so it doesn't really.

Goatmon

Whoa.  This is an impressive turn of events.

Quote from: Draken on May 09, 2009, 07:45:29 PMNear as I can tell, Fae can live for nearly forever

According to Amber, any Fae will live until they don't feel like living anymore.

Jairus

Quote from: Goatmon on May 11, 2009, 12:59:45 AM
Quote from: Draken on May 09, 2009, 07:45:29 PMNear as I can tell, Fae can live for nearly forever

According to Amber, any Fae will live until they don't feel like living anymore.
The way I've put it, is that theoretically they can live forever, but in practice they don't. Which is basically the same thing.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Goatmon

Whatever works for you!

Goatmon

Aniz's marking is missing, by the way.

Michael Chandra

Hah! More evidence for the Aniz/Edward theory, since it counteracts the claims Edward didn't have the marking! >:3

Goatmon

Quote from: Michael Chandra on May 11, 2009, 11:06:33 AM
Hah! More evidence for the Aniz/Edward theory, since it counteracts the claims Edward didn't have the marking! >:3
\

Except he has the marking later, when he reveals himself to Abel.

So it's probably just an error.

GundamDragon

I have devoted countless hours studding dragons (yes i have no life) and what i know of grate wryms and ascended dragons the oldest age groups are about the size of aircraft carriers and have the power to level a country or a whole nastions depending on the breed as well. A standered dragon is the size of a 747 and can mach a battle ship for power, so her calling in her clan to be cannon fadder as she targits the dragons vitale points is a good plan even if the loses would be above 95%

Corgatha Taldorthar

Earindil>Ancalagon the black.

And I'm pretty sure Ancalagon tops Hizell. 1, it's Tolkien. 2. Ancalagon could blot out the sun. If an elf can take down a badass dragon, why not a 'Cubi.  How tough or weak dragons are totally depends on the setting. Ever read "The Dragonslayer's apprentice"? Dragons aren't very tough at all, not even on the top of the monster food chain (Certain types of giant birds are.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Zorro

Siar was quite the idiot getting the whole damn clan wiped out.

Too bad they did stay home and select a new smarter leader of the clan.

Would think she would know to NOT take on a Dragon on even terms or a fair fight.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zorro on May 13, 2009, 01:15:26 AM
Would think she would know to NOT take on a Dragon on even terms or a fair fight.

Well, we don't know that she started it.  However, the way she handled the situation once it arose leaves a lot to be desired.  That said, hindsight is 20/20.

Draken

I'm telling ya'll.  Beyond the author, someone incomic wanted that fight to happen, with the result being what it was.  I can foresee a huge Man Behind the man, and an even bigger Xanatos roulette.
Go get'em, Jy!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Draken on May 13, 2009, 09:58:55 AM
I'm telling ya'll.  Beyond the author, someone incomic wanted that fight to happen, with the result being what it was.  I can foresee a huge Man Behind the man, and an even bigger Xanatos roulette.

My money would be on the dragons.