The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpottedKitty

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 10, 2009, 06:00:28 PM

and since the hard drive's been replaced it's almost a new computer, and that's when I switched from the other computer to this one.

This is the only thing I can think of that might cause weirdness to happen. When you first started using the newly fixed computer, did WinXP ask to phone home to Redmond to re-activate? Major hardware changes should trigger this in XP and Vista systems. If it didn't happen, something might have gone wrong with reinstalling XP, perhaps causing a glitch in IE default behaviour. A long shot, I know, but that's all I can think of.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: SpottedKitty on May 10, 2009, 07:08:03 PM
This is the only thing I can think of that might cause weirdness to happen. When you first started using the newly fixed computer, did WinXP ask to phone home to Redmond to re-activate?
No idea. I didn't do the reinstall.

shadowterm

Whoever did probably re-validated either through phone or internet when the reinstalled. My guess is that either settings are weird, or you should switch to firefox. Back on topic, I think I have my character pretty well figured out, I'll post when I know it's finished.
/)//w//(\

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: shadowterm on May 10, 2009, 08:17:28 PM
Whoever did probably re-validated either through phone or internet when the reinstalled. My guess is that either settings are weird, or you should switch to firefox. Back on topic, I think I have my character pretty well figured out, I'll post when I know it's finished.
I have a guess it might be settings, but it beats me as to what settings they could possibly be.

Another wierd thing is: the little "new" buttons to note that a topic has been posted in work fine. It's the links that don't work.

Boog

Gareeku: Approved

Mel: Approved

Tipod: Approved

Hobo: Approved

Aisha: Approved

Kobra: Approved

Paladin: Approved

Annnd we're likely to be starting any day now. Just remember this is a freeform RP, so people can join after it starts.

shadowterm

Name: Samuel Nerwet (Sam for short)

Species/Race: Fox

Physical Description: 6' 3", 180lbs, hazel eyes, athletic, skinny. Wears normal street clothes, they tend to go towards the darker colors. Current outfit is black tee, black cargo pants, black tennis shoes. He's not trying to be dark and mysterious, he just randomly picked it out of his bag that morning when he got dressed for the assembly thing you just described happened. Also frequently wears headphones when in a public setting.

Personality: Meyers Briggs INTP. In other words, he's introverted, and likes to think abstractly. He is also, however, very intuitive. He will often do things by the seat of his pants, and almost never uses the standard approach to a problem. He is perceptive, and often notices things others miss, except if that is the consequences of his own actions.

History: Sam would say he had an okay life. It wasn't an easy life, but it wasn't a terrible one by any means. At the age of 2 his parents divorced because the young love had dried up, and the mother was tired of being stuck with responsibilities while the father played video games after returning from work. The mother goes on to find a man and after intercourse becomes pregnant with Sam's brother on the first date. Meanwhile, The father finds love with a fellow divorcee, who has a daughter. The mother goes through a loveless marriage for two years and is divorced by her husband when she is raped and does not inform him that she is now pregnant with an illegitimate child, Sam's second brother. Sam does not learn of the reason for the divorce, nor how his brother was conceived until he is twelve years old. The father, at this time, marries the woman he has been living with for the past ten years. Sam, all the while, is going through school. This is uneventful, save his lack of friends. The friends he does have are often as quirky as he is, and they get along great. While living with his mother, Sam sees the evidence of the strain that being a single mother of three children is a lot for her, financially and emotionally. He spends his first year and a half of high school with his father, but his step mother, who he never got along with, eventually becomes too much to put up with, and he leaves. He finishes his schooling while living with her, his two brothers, and his mothers new boyfriend. When the time comes he is understandably eager to leave and immediately sets out exploring the world around him. His main source of income is freelance Graphics Design work he does for local businesses in towns and cities he passes through.

Combat Abilities: Proficient in unarmed, blade, and crush weapons. High agility and stamina, but average strength means he can hit fast, but do mediocre damage per hit.

Other abilities of note: Highly resourceful by nature, he often uses his environment to his advantage. To him, anything is a viable weapon, or tool. Is well practiced in parkour and free running, and will often vault simple obstacles rather than walking around them.

Trivia: Sam is what I tried to make Izzie in BotM. I wanted to make this character unique though, so I came up with a new name. If I could do Izzie over again, I think this is more how I would make him. Sam's history looks in depth, but really that's pretty much my life, sans the stuff after leaving high school. (Plus the combat abilities :3 )
/)//w//(\

Sunblink

Name: Katherine "Keaton" Beatrix Imenwati-Jyraneth
Species/Race: Black-backed jackal Succubus

Physical Description:
Height: 5'1"
Weight: 110 lbs
Eyes:  (Right) Brown, (Left) Pale brown. Lack of pigmentation is the side-effect of an inadequate metabolism, which prevented her from wholly regenerating that eye after she lost it too many times. Keaton keeps the eye the way it is for aesthetic purposes, even though she can alter the coloration through metamorphosis.
Hair: Dirty blonde. Shoulder-length, is often reduced for convenience.
Fur: Her base fur color is primarily a bright yellow, which is complemented by a pale, creamy color coating her muzzle and traveling from there to down her body and ending at the underside of her tail. The majority of her body is covered in black tribal markings, swirls and curls and jagged stripes that accentuate the curves of her form. The only consistent markings Keaton has memorized are two black crescents that overlap her eyes, creating an artful mask.
Distinguishing Features:  Keaton's wings and head-wings are structured to resemble a bat's, and possess the same patterning as the rest of her body. The outer frame is bordered with delicate yellow fringe that is ultimately dominated by swirled black markings. Two white, simplistically-styled eyes rest on the backs of her wings, emblazoned against the membrane. Her clan marking is located on the left side of her pelvis, right beside her hip - no one has seen what it looks like, and she adamantly protects it. Despite her consistently yellow-and-black color scheme, Keaton often wears casual, blood-red clothing.

Personality: At a first impression, Keaton is boisterous, tomboyish, playful, and even encouraging and sweet when in the presence of her companions. Lurking underneath that laidback exterior is a volatile and ruthless Succubus. Keaton's moods are capricious and unpredictable; she is able to control or decelerate the transitions of her feelings to some extent when she anticipates an explosive outburst, but this is not always foolproof. Discipline can only go so far, and Keaton's experiences have made her nearly unstable. As long as Keaton remains in a good mood, she won't verbally or physically attack indiscriminately; in fact, she behaves with an unexpected amount of friendliness. She can be quick-witted, she can be humorous, she can be sarcastic and competitive and kind and ambitious... but when she is infuriated, that all changes. Even when she's feeling upbeat, she retains a certain vindictive air to her habits.

Keaton pretends to act utterly inured to the sight of death. To an extent, she is. However, soul-stealing, although it has become a necessity for her, still disturbs her on a psychological level. She cannot shake the impression that she believes she is a weak and inconsequential person, and she thinks that soul-stealing is the only way she can make herself stronger so she cannot face the same fate as her clansmen and family. Keaton is desperate for genuine affection and love, and is so appreciative of her friends that she obsessively protects them from whatever nebulous threat that hangs over them. Vengeful, she harbors petty vendettas over small incidents and reacts poorly to any sort of confirmation of her fears.

Keaton acts slightly condescendingly around Beings, having lived in a society where they were oppressed, but is gradually recovering from this prejudice. She harbors a severe animosity towards Angels.

Sadly, as Keaton refuses psychological treatment, there is a chance that her mental state will degenerate over a long period of time. That is for another story.

History: Very few people know about Keaton's history, and she frankly prefers to keep it that way. All that is known is that at one point her clan had deteriorated to the point it threatened extinction, that she has suffered a great deal of emotional and physical pain, and any attempts to expand upon this scarce information normally results in agony. Keaton's mind is fortified by walls upon walls of magical reinforcement, preventing the average mind-reader from infiltrating her memories. For whatever reason, she despises the Angel race, attributing her resentment to intensely personal motives.

In the Succubus and Incubus Academy, there have been records and information tucked away regarding a situation which involved her and another student. Everywhere else, there is little to no information about Keaton Jyraneth – most of her escapades in soul-stealing occurred in isolated territories, with the exception of one high-profile case where she had adopted another identity and received a pitiful sentencing by an all-Creature council as punishment for her crime. Even then, an alternate identity was attached to that crime, so Keaton has mostly escaped scrutiny. She had a short rivalry with a determined Adventurer involving that case... but nobody knows what happened to her. Since then, Keaton has pursued a career in Adventurer-slaying by accepting jobs from other Cubi.

Combat Abilities:
Standard Shadow-Manipulation: Aside from possessing the rudimentary skills that characterize a Succubus, such as some degree of shapeshifting and impersonation abilities, Keaton is first and foremost a skilled shadow-mage. Her specialty is controlling and manipulating the shadows themselves and having them manifest into a variety of physical forms and shapes, usually of an abstract nature defined by curls and waves and caricature-like qualities reminiscent of many types of painting mediums. A unique quality of this magic is that she can have the shadows adopt a temporarily physical state, or mold them into shapes for specific purposes, like crescent-blades for carving and cleaving and hands for strangling. She can make the shadows explode or burn or create a wide variety of sensations, as long as she has control over the darkness. The function is not wholly dependent on the shape of the shadows, and is more reliant on Keaton's sense of improvisation. The style as a whole is determined in effectiveness by her ability to think quickly, improvise, and formulate creative solutions and strategies. The shadows can react to her commands almost immediately, but this is judged by the effort required.

The versatility of this skill is incredible – Keaton can likely use shadows for almost anything, and she has used this ability so extensively that she has completely neglected other magical domains in favor of studying and devoting time to mastering the darkness. Combined with her occasional overconfidence, she lives under the misconception that shadow-manipulation is a foolproof art. However, while the shadows turn into a physical shape, it is still darkness and shares the same limitations. If exposed to concentrated magical light, or an overwhelming amount of it, the shadows that Keaton controls diminish. As long as there is an abundance of darkness or shadows within her range of "influence," she can use that as her weapon. But if there is nothing to manipulate, then she is essentially stripped of her greatest weapon. Regardless of the shape or form of the shadows, they are all vulnerable to light and can be effectively combated with it. Other types of magic have potential to drive away the shadows, since the darkness is still physical. It can be burned, it can be frozen, it can be electrocuted. Either way, because of her single-minded dedication, Keaton is inexperienced in other magical fields.

Shadow-Skin: Keaton has two chief offensive and defensive strategies linked to her shadow-manipulation. The first is something she refers to as her "shadow-skin," which serves as a protective armor. By enveloping herself in shadows, Keaton can create a tangible, skintight 'second skin' that completely covers her body, allowing perfect mobility and amplifying her connection to the darkness. In this state, she can more effectively perform manipulation-based techniques by establishing a certain magical influence over any darkness that can be altered or wielded. The skin can thicken and adopt different textures in order to protect Keaton, but this affects her freedom of movement depending on the extremity of the alteration. However, because of the thin nature of the armor, it can be flaked away and damaged easily by light, like her ordinary magic. It is also not very effective against serious blows, but it can sometimes reduce the impact of critical attacks as long as Keaton herself is not punctured through the shadow-skin.

Keaton's Meteor Hammer: Since this RP is apparently not supposed to mesh with any characters' continuities, I decided to bring out a guilty-pleasure weapon normally reserved for a certain incarnation of Keaton. Keaton's meteor hammer goes by no name, as it is an inconsistent tool woven out of materialized darkness and rarely kept in a physical form beyond being used in combat. The meteor hammer has no embellishments: it consists of an elastic length of rope-like material with a number of weights attached to the end. The simple design is for Keaton's convenience alone; rather than devote any extra attention and concentration to adding unnecessary decorations, she can instantaneously weave the weapon out of shadows and utilize it. There are no individual fibers comprising the rope; it is one solid length, like rubber, but behaves like a rope, hence making conjuring the weapon a simpler task.

Since the meteor hammer is forged out of the same shadows as her magic and her shadow-skin, Keaton can change the meteor hammer in the middle of a fight, even using it to help orchestrate her darkness-conducting efforts. She can also spontaneously shorten or increase the length of the meteor hammer's rope in the middle of a fight, although she prefers something within 4 meters (12.8 feet). Keaton is extraordinary with the meteor hammer, able to spin and twirl it and execute a number of techniques designed to immobilize, ensnare, and/or bludgeon. The weapon is clearly not intended for purely offensive combat, but if she maintains enough momentum, she can probably strike with crushing force. Best of all, besides the shadow-manipulation, Keaton can cast elaborate dark-oriented spells using the meteor hammer, thus increasing the destructive potential of her weapon and providing a back-up plan when her shadow-magic fails.

For information on the meteor hammer as a weapon, consult this Wikipedia page. The page lists techniques that the meteor hammer can execute, if used properly.

However, this also applies to herself. Keaton can lose her balance, she can lose her focus, and this can end catastrophically. Self-injuries are common in these episodes, as well as embarrassing moments when she becomes entangled in the meteor hammer's ropes. The meteor hammer can melt when exposed to intense light that washes away any available darkness, thereby unarming Keaton. This is a very inconvenient disadvantage.

Dark-Oriented Spells: Keaton can cast a few dark-oriented spells, but without the same versatility as her shadow-manipulation. These spells are not as effective as her shadow-magic, either, and are fairly straightforward. However, they can be cast regardless of the amount of lighting in the room.

Other abilities of note: Standard Succubus abilities. Keaton's wing-tentacles do not have heads, but she can emulate them with enough time and effort – something she does not often have in the heat of battle. She is rather agile and flexible, compensating for her lack of physical strength with her quick reflexes. Keaton is adequate at unarmed self-defense, but her talents obviously lie in the field of magic and she can be defeated by a more skilled Cubi when forced to rely on her wing-tentacles alone.

Notably, Keaton does not regenerate or recover from injuries as quickly as other Cubi, and will require help if she is seriously wounded.

Trivia:
-   Keaton has a Warp-Aci named Xianxi. She uses him for gathering information and menial tasks, and treats him more like a pet and a beloved servant than anything else. Xianxi is one of the only creatures that has seen Keaton's more vulnerable moments, and therefore he has become an impromptu emotional crutch more often than not.
-   Keaton has a weakness for stuffed animals. As she earns more money from Adventurer-slaying, she's been expanding upon her collection.

This profile sucks. I will probably edit it in the future to be more satisfactory, if this draft meets the criteria for acceptance.

Mao

I'm so not surprised you chose that weapon.  In fact: I'm glad you did, Keats. XD

Sunblink

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 11, 2009, 12:29:20 PM
I'm so not surprised you chose that weapon.  In fact: I'm glad you did, Keats. XD

It was that or she'd be strangling people with her puny little A-cup bra.

OHOHOHOHO LOOK AT THAT I MADE AN IN-JOKE I'M SO CLEVER.

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2009, 12:39:07 PM

It was that or she'd be strangling people with her puny little training bra.

Fixed that for ya'.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 11, 2009, 12:49:45 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 11, 2009, 12:39:07 PM

It was that or she'd be strangling people with her puny little training bra.

Fixed that for ya'.

Oh no you di-int'! :U

Myr

Hm, I'm certainly interested...just waiting for a bit of feedback before I actually commit my description or not. Heh, been so long since I've had a chance to even try for a good scene so going slow is a good option for me.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

techmaster-glitch

Added shadow and keats to the character index, will remove if vetoed (though I doubt that'll happen ;) )

Myr

All right, I've made up my mind... Here's my guy.

Name: 'Cruncher' Raek

Species/Race: Troll Wolf/Mythos

Physical Description: Around 7'00'' in height, he's not really a sight for the eyes. Raek is like almost any troll...as in not handsome, or even the most intelligent-looking thing on the planet. Perhaps a bit 'svelte' when compared to others like himself, those muscles still bulge in grotesque fashion in the upper arms, giving them a powerful, corded look and perhaps making one think he got his limbs wedged in a taffy machine at one point when it was cranked on 'high'. His fingers are slightly longish, and tipped with yellowed claws. His chest is thick, and his back is is knotted so badly that he seems to be slouched when at ease...or was it when standing straight? His hips are also thick and powerful, and his arms seem longer than they should for a normal being-not that he could pass for one. His eyes are pale brown, and seem slightly beady for someone his size...Nor does his slightly choppy speech help matters.

His body itself is partially furless, with the exposed skin being thick, a touch lumpy here and there, and a pale blue-green in color while what brown-black fur he has is in scraggly patches over his body and surrounded by what appears to be heavily flaking skin...with the largest patches almost covering both hips, and a partial cover for his head that includes the left side of his face-only covering a bit of his slightly snubbed, wolfish muzzle that just barely hides his teeth in general (His tail, sad to say, is graced with only the lightest bit of fuzz). He tends to stick with rather simple, functional clothing such as an open vest or large, sleeveless shirt and usually loose-fitting shorts held on with a belt. Despite his appearance there is one thing in his favor-he does bath regularly, contrary to popular belief about his kind.

Personality: Gruff, almost taciturn, and maybe intimidating, Raek doesn't appear to be the greatest fellow to be around. However, he is unswervingly loyal to those that gain his trust (Or offer him food to tone down his somewhat insatiable appetite for a bit) and somewhat friendly if he finds someone that isn't likely to try and stab first...or scream and try and turn him into a walking torch. He is relatively smart, however, if a touch slow on the uptake and more likely to take a joke seriously than see what it really is right away. Sometimes he appears to have a bit too much fun when it comes to fighting, however...Otherwise he can be rather polite, if a bit...odd when it comes to his own sense of humor.

History: Trolls in general tend to have rather much the same history at times -killing innocents and adventurers alike, rampaging...one gets the idea; and Raek was no exception...except when he learned that 'if it screams and begs for mercy, it's not food' before he was even in his thirties thanks to actually thinking of talking to someone on the rare occasion he wasn't hungry. He does, however, have a rather hard time including 'if it fights back, it's not edible' in the same category even to this day...but learning of that did allow him to become somewhat tolerated-even enough to earn himself a mild education compared to some of his kin...though the incident where he purportedly made someone 'disappear' after their harassing him for a week is rather suspect. His one vague hope is that he can somewhat get everyone to see that trolls in general aren't all nasty. Well, okay, maybe that's a stretch...

Combat Abilities: Mildly strong, and certainly faster than one would expect due to being leaner than average already make for a decidedly powerful combination. Add in his education and he can certainly throw anyone for a loop that was expecting a slavering, hulking brute to come at them in a savage rush. Not that he doesn't enjoy doing that, however. Raek's favorite means of fighting is bare-handed, using his claws and fists to great effect...and he certainly isn't above biting someone, as his nickname 'Cruncher' might suggest.

If he must use a weapon, he very much prefers a sword or axe due to 'ease of use'...though a lead pipe can be used in lieu of. His thick hide provides some protection, and his regenerative ability-though not on par with other trolls- can allow him to regrow an entire limb in a matter of hours instead of minutes (A note, however. If he can get the original limb in time, it can be reattached within a few minutes of merely being held to the stump. Otherwise it becomes inert and can be treated like any other severed limb). Granted, it's this healing ability that gives him his ravenous appetite, and he's certainly incredibly hungry when recovering from injuries.

Other abilities of note: None really of note,  unfortunately, unless you want to try his cooking. (Don't even try and tell him to 'prepare whatever he thinks you like'...he has a limited understanding of what other races in general consider good food, and mold, random bugs, and that strange wrinkled lump from under the table that might have been a pickle tend not to be in that range!)

If you tell him what you want, and he has the right stuff he can do rather well. It might look unappetizing, but it'd certainly be safe and edible...provided you keep an eye on him and don't let him improvise. He might also be able to work out an average puzzle or pick some of the really old, simple locks but that'd be as far as his talents go, outside of being able to tell the difference between friend and foe when fighting.

Trivia: Certainly not evil...well, maybe he's just bright enough that he knows better.

Also known as one the few trolls to actually prove he could think with more than his stomach. Or with whatever body-injuring implement he happened to be holding. And, to his knowledge, the only member of his kind to have ever made a grade in anything...though he does like to think there's someone else out there who's managed the feat as well.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

shadowterm

Given the number of 'cubi, I am considering adding a mind shield ability to my character.
/)//w//(\

techmaster-glitch

Added Myr to character index. Statement about keat and shadow also applies.

Also, for me; final approval obtained! *adds myself to character index*

*a little spider-robot with a rectanglular body scuttles up to the stage, grabs a character sheet, and inserts sheet into a slit in its body. Whirrs for a moment, then dispences a printed, filled-out character sheet*

Name: Traxen Ridgrey
Species/Race: Being (species undetermined)
Physical Description: Traxen is somewhat on the short side, just a little more than 5 feet, and quite thin, to the point of being almost unhealthy. His fur is predominantly black, but with patches of white here and there. He is usually quite personally unkempt. He wears toolbelts over a T-shirt and pants. However, few people ever see him, as he remains cooped up in his van most of the time.

Personality: Personally, Traxen is usually a fairly laid-back and mellow kind of guy. However, some might see him a bit obsessed with what he loves, which is robots and technology. He will talk to them every now and then, even treating them almost like people (though, with the exception of the van, he never expects any responses. He's not crazy). He is, however, a little paranoid, thanks to a few tangles in his History. He rarely leaves the safety of his van, and uses his robots to interact with the outside world most of the time, though he does sometimes exit to get some fresh air or better accommodations (flush toilets). He'll usually keep the van away from any action, sending out his robots to take care of things instead. He also harbors a bit of a mistrust for Creatures, though he usually gives them a chance to show that they aren't hostile, rather than shooting on sight.

History: Traxen was born and grew in a fairly quiet suburban area. From a very early age, he was always keenly interested in the budding areas of technology in Furrae, instead of established systems of magic. He also developed a special affinity for a mostly-untouched field; robotics, or autonomous machines. He took classes, but mostly taught himself the intricacies of technology, and built his own contraptions, which steadily grew more and more advanced. Eventually, he opened up his own business selling his technology, although he kept the best and most advanced projects to himself. As he developed his business, he was a bit envious of the hugely successful Jycorp, which had attained a massive portion of the consumer technological market a few years before Traxen opened up shop. Through several supply deals, he got access to some rare materials that allow him to sustain those "secret, advanced projects". Finally, Traxen had established himself enough that he moved to another area, rural and mostly untouched by Jycorp, to open up a second shop.
  That's when the problems started.
  A group of local Creatures at the second shop's location took exception to Traxen's technology and attempts to sell it. They wished for him to be gone, and although Traxen was obviously reluctant, the Creatures...insisted. They attacked and destroyed his shop, and Traxen barely escaped with his life. He returned to his first shop, but the Creatures had followed him. They moved in on this one, and Traxen only had enough time to pack up a few pieces of his tech that could not be duplicated outside of a full lab setting. With his shop and home under assault, Traxen fled, in a modified van he owned.
  He's been wandering around from place to place now, trying to evade most Creatures, salvaging and scavenging whatever he can. To help sustain himself on the road, he's lent his expertise and gear out to Creature-hunting adventurers on a few occasions (mainly to provide food and sundries for himself), although he has met his fair share of decent Creatures. Now, his wanderings have brought him near a supposedly-abandoned City that has high traffic in adventurers...

Van (P.A.M.C.A.W.V.): Traxen drives around in the very heavily modified shell of an armored van, similar to the kind used by police, banks or special operations, to the point where it looks like some kind of FrankenMachine. Its armor has been improved and added upon to where the van can take several explosions or magical blasts (though even one serious hit like that will usually give him a lot of grief to deal with later) and keep rolling, at least for a little while. There is also only one single window on it: a square right up front on the driver's side (left for anyone not in the U.S.), which can be covered with an armor plate if need be. The van is equipped with multiple external cameras (reasonably hidden and protected), and that is what provides him with all-around vision while driving, or if he just wants to see outside (there are also several extra cameras so he can look anywhere he needs to, even under the van itself "just in case"), and also a few other knick-knacks like laser-rangefinders and other varied sensors. There is also a dome on top of the van, which actually unfolds to reveal a heavy-caliber machine gun, which is what Traxen uses to defend his van if it's ever under attack (although he takes pains to make sure even that doesn't happen). The gun is powerful, but designed to be as accurate as possible due to the necessity of usually firing in bursts for ammo conservation reasons, and to preserve accuracy. One burst is usually able to take down (but usually not kill instantly, unless a critical organ such as the brain or heart is hit) an unarmored target not above a Being in terms of physical resilliance. Because the turret is on the top of the van, and it is fairly high up, he would normally have a significant dead-zone, but the turret can slide on rails from one side of the van to the other if needed, to partially solve that problem. There is also a fairly powerful transmitter setup (though it is not exposed for obvious reasons) that links him to his robots in a radius of about a mile or two. Built into the same system are several long-range sensors, namely radar and sonar, plus a few seismic sensors that all go out to around the same distance as the transmitter range at best. Collectively, this is referred to the van's "sensor stack". These sensors are capable of tracking the rough size, location and motion of large objects, such as other vehicles or mobs. The sensors work best in an open area, and the more confined and built-up a place is (like the middle of an urban center), the shorter the range, but it will be able to give a good shape of nearby buildings. Individuals are often almost invisible to the sensors unless in visual range, even in an open area, which is why the cameradrones are relied upon so much. Due to these limitations of the sensor stack, it is mainly used only to get the basic layout of an immediate vicinity, while the cameradrones go and fill in the details.
  The interior of the van has been completely converted and rebuilt, some of it on the road, but a good portion before his falling-out with the Creatures. The main space is almost entirely a workshop and gear storage, with a wall partially dedicated to monitors and computer interfaces, and many inscrutable gadgets and tools abound. It's pretty much his 'command center', and, since he's been on the road, his home. The workshop allows him to build almost anything he needs, as well as service and repair his robots. The van has a built-in micro recycling/processing/fabrication unit, which he uses to convert raw and salvaged resources into usable material, though any processing takes time, and can only do small amounts of material at a time. Part of it is almost always running to manufacture basic ammunition for his weapons. The van is powered by a small microfusion generator (one of the "secret, special projects" he had from his original business and managed to salvage before his exodus) for near unlimited power. Because the van is practically Traxen's home, it has very bare living accommodations, basically, he craps in a bucket (which is inserted into a slot and dumped externally), and sleeps in the driver's seat. A few parts of the 'workshop' are dual-purpose, and he can prepare a limited amount of food with them.
  Lastly, the van itself is a robot; it has its own autonomous systems, and is the "smartest" robot he has, having a highly advanced and powerful processor, plus some supercapacity memory cells (they were originally designed for a supercomputer Traxen was building in his original shop, but he salvaged the memory cells before he had to run away. The van has been recording all input data since Traxen's flight, and only a couple of the cells even have any significant chunk of space taken out of them). It's not sentient or a true AI, but it's good enough to perform nearly any function automatically, from driving to operating the turret to even helping coordinate Traxen's robots in the field. While, for advanced instructions, Traxen will usually input commands on the computer terminal, it does have a voice-interface (though it's only marginally more advanced than current 'conversation computers'), and-talks-in-a-mo-no-syl-a-bic-voice. Usually, the autonomy only comes into play if Traxen is trying to get away from something, and he can set the van to drive while he operates the turret, or vice-versa. The van drives itself best in urban and open terrain, but if things get rough, it can become confused and slow down. If absolutely necessary, the van can perform all functions simultaneously, but that eats up loads of processing power and reduces efficiency at all tasks.
  The van is 'named' PAMCAWV, short for Partially Autonomous Mobile Command And Workshop Vehicle. Traxen programmed it to respond to "Pamcawv", or just "Cawv" if necessary.

Other abilities of note: Fist off, Traxen has the main event, the robots themselves. He has two basic types; drones and bots (bots shown below). The drones are small, mostly remote-controlled with little automation. They are usually either coordinated by the van or directly "possessed" by Traxen. If they fall outside of range of the van's transmitter, the drones will usually shut down until they receive a signal again. They are also usually easily replaced (if he does little else, he can have one built in a few days), and destroyed even easier if someone tries to attack them. Just stomping on one hard enough would be enough to put a drone out of commission. He has a couple specific kinds of drones; first, little flying cameras, disk-shaped and of sizes usually of a foot or half a foot (though he has a very limited number of larger models for special situations). He uses these as his eyes to see things beyond his van. They are equipped with normal cameras, and usually other specialized sensors and equipment depending on their size. However, most of his drones are little spiderlike contraptions that can perform a wide variety of functions depending on what they've got built into them (he calls them "spiderdrones" though that's technically a misnomer, as they often have only six legs, not eight). They are usually between one and two feet in size. Most of them are for external and field repair, but some have more specialized functions. They are almost never armed, unless one is built specifically for such a situation.
  Traxen himself is a technological savant, of course, and has been specifically enamored with robots. Because robotics itself is a multidisciplinary science, he is highly competent in all related fields; mechanical, electronics, computer programming, design, etc, and usually has high familiarity with other technologies as well. Any gadget or gizmo that's needed he can make, given hours or days (depending on the item in question) and materials. While more of a programmer than a hacker, he can become one if the situation calls for it (results vary). And in that regard, he is an accomplished programmer indeed, having programmed the drones, bots, and Pamcawv all from scratch, even creating his own own programming language and  operating system (though he is still familliar with most other Furrae standards, particularly Jycorp's) with which he made the robots from while he was still in his original shop. In the case of the van, Pamcawv's program actually acts as the operating system.

Combat Abilities: Traxen doesn't fight. At least, not directly. Instead, he has another type of robot; the "turretbots". These are true, autonomous robots, capable of (mostly) independent action, though they aren't as advanced as the van. If they fall outside of the van's influence, they will usually remain active and either stay in place and attack any hostiles or just follow their last instructions until they are brought back under control again. They are also the only armed robots he has (aside from the van). He has only three turretbots, and they are not replaceable. If one is trashed, he would make every effort to retrieve it, as it can be salvaged or repaired, given some time. If one is completely lost, however, it would be a huge blow to his operational capacity, and it would take him a great amount of time to make another from scratch.
  The turretbots are only slightly smaller in height than Traxen himself, but are still considerably larger in overall size, and look basically like walking dual-turrets. They are all quadrupedal, with a main body, fairly armored, and a weapon on both sides. The turretbots are actually somewhat modular; the weapons can be swapped out. Traxen has three main weapons for them; machine guns for close and medium range general combat, rifles for range and precision targeting, and grenade launcher for tactical fire support. Ammo pods for each weapon are mounted on the back of the bots. The bots usually go out with same-dual-weapon configurations, but they can accept any combination. There is also special "tank-tread" and "wheeled" attachments; bases that the bots can be mounted on for increased speed and stability, but at the cost of mobility over some rough terrain. Traxen has only one of each. The bots are somewhat durable, and can take a bit of a beating, some bullets or one explosion and keep trucking (though even one explosion is liable to put them on a rout back to the van for immediate repair), though they would be pushing luck with any more damage. Since most Creatures and some Beings can put out more than this, it is almost always difficult for the bots to take down any single target alone, though if it's three-on-one and they are actively being directed and coordinated by Traxen, they'll have a fair chance. Usually, they will be for combat support as opposed to direct combat.
  As said, the bots are mostly autonomous, and capable of tracking and firing on targets completely independently, though they usually require specific instructions to tell them where to go and when. When all three are fighting in concert, they can sometimes employ what resembles tactics, but rarely any more than "flanking". More advanced maneuvers requires specific instructions. They have regular visual sense, but also thermal and sonar to track targets. Their automatic target recognition...needs work, so Traxen usually has to manually tag targets as 'friendly' or 'hostile', unless Traxen put them in "exterminate" mode. In that case, they will attack anything and everything that moves or falls within a certain thermal range.
  The van itself, while capable of combat, if far too valuable and important to be directly risked for engagements. Plus, being a van there is a limit to where it can go, which is why the robots are used so extensively.

Trivia:
-Traxen wears a pair of goggles on his forehead. Just because.
-He describes magic as "quaint, like an antique".
-Unless specially directed, nothing autonomously armed ever fires continuously. Burst-firing only, to conserve ammo and accuracy.
-At least a few people working for Traxen died when his businesses were destroyed. Every now and then, he has a bout of guilt or anger over this.

Boog

Shadowterm: Approved

Keaton: Approved

Myr: Approved

Tech: Approved

Cogidubnus

Mao

Angel

ARGH I'M TOO DAMN TEMPTED!!! I'm joining okay! There! Just lemme work up character bios... :3

EDIT: Annnnd here they are. They've gone through extensive development, and hopefully, they'll be useful here.

Name: Mykst Necrado (pronounced: mixed neh-CRAH-do)
Species/Race: Being/Shorthair domestic cat

Physical Description: Sixteen years old; stands about 5'8"; slim, wiry build; ropy muscles. His fur is grey, but lightens to white on his chest and stomach, and his tail has a white tip. He has short but thick black hair, and his eyes are mismatched – one blue, one brown. His outfit consists of a short-sleeved poet shirt (the kind that strings up at the collar, not the kind with ruffles), brown pants, and a black cloak that he wears around his shoulders. He wears a single pearl on a string around his neck, and carries a staff that has a larger pearl embedded in the top.

Personality: When you first meet Mykst, he comes off as a very shy, insecure boy, who doesn't have any really distinguishing talents. About half a year ago, he was like this even with his close friends and family. But recent events (including meeting Kali) have caused him to crack his shell at least a bit, and now once you get to know him, he's a smart boy with a strong desire to learn. He just doesn't know precisely what he wants to do with his life.

History: Mykst grew up in a town called Chae-Raki, with mainly his mother around the house. His father was a mage and lived a nomadic life, and though Mykst saw him occasionally, he never stayed for an extended time period. He was sent to the mountains at age 13 to study magic with Dyixaz, the local healing mage. Although he was never hot stuff at healing magic, Mykst was a dedicated student and worshipped Dyixaz. But things got difficult when a huge battle called for Dyixaz's attention. Not wanting to interrupt Mykst's training, the wolf agreed to let his student come along.

During the time of the battle, Mykst met Black Magic, a former student of Dyixaz who was fighting on the other side. He was immediately smitten. This was the first step in cracking his shell of timidity; Black Magic had no interest in him and was only focused on winning the fight, so making the first move was not only incredibly hard for him to do, it made him much more likely to die. But for whatever reason, Black Magic found his shyness endearing (as well as a challenge to help him overcome). But they didn't officially start dating until a moment when her life was put in danger. In a cliché but still romantic maneuver, Mykst unlocked his true magic and summoned up a shield of rock to protect Black Magic. Since then, Dyixaz has shifted the boy's studies to his true affinity: elemental magic. Mykst also began dating Black Magic after the battle, when she resumed studying under Dyixaz.

Combat Abilities: Mykst is an elemental mage with no specific affinity. This is mostly because he hasn't fully developed his powers; he only discovered that he had them five months ago. Currently, the only elements he knows any spells for are earth and fire. He also knows a few basic healing spells, but can't heal anything more serious than flesh wounds.

Other abilities of note: There are none known yet, but Mykst tends to reveal the most power when either he or someone he cares deeply about is under pressure. So he may in fact have more abilities that he simply hasn't used yet.

Trivia: - The pearl that Mykst always wears was a gift from his mother. He never takes it off.
- Despite his shy personality, Mykst is still a housecat, and has a few of their instincts and traits. As a result, Kali has to keep a protective cover over the fish tank whenever he comes over.
- Mykst rarely gets into arguments. He thinks about things very rationally, and doesn't like conflict. People who try to argue with him usually end up either disappointed or questioning themselves.

Name: Kali Fiyernos
Alias: Black Magic
Species/Race: Being/Lioness

Physical Description: Sixteen years old, about 5'7", curvy but firmer muscles than most other girls her age (about average among other lions her age, though). Her hair and the tuft of her tail are both auburn, her fur is tawny, and her eyes are gray. Her usual outfit is a pair of blue jeans, sandals, and a night-sky-blue sleeveless shirt with sparkling white diamond-shaped stars on the front. Over this, she wears her cloak, usually closed and without the hood. She carries a staff made from dark oak, with a ruby embedded in the top.

Personality: Aggressive, stubborn, proud – in other words, mostly a typical lion. Fiercely loyal to her family and those she cares about, but prone to disagreements even with them. She tends to do whatever she wants, abd because of her species and mannerisms, most people don't argue. When she is kind to people, she can come off as slightly scary. She blames it on the pointy teeth in her smile.

History: Kali grew up in a mostly-lion neighborhood, also in Chae-Raki. There were other species around, but all of them were predators. Kali didn't really place too much importance on her species – for her, it was something that just was, and acted to her convenience at certain times. Her mother seemed to agree, but her father was a bit more proud of his species – and it made him all the more frustrated with Kali. She and her dad, despite being close under the surface, argued more than anyone else in the family – particularly when Kali decided to study magic, and further when she decided to quit studying under Dyixaz so she could learn about dark spells.

When a local criminal/would-be world conqueror needed dark mages, Black Magic agreed to continue her studies while working for him. What she didn't realize was that this meant she'd have to go up against her old teacher – and his new student. She attacked them and treated them as she would any opponent, but had no idea how to react when the new student, in captivity, expressed a desire to be closer to her. She was further shocked when she discovered her teacher was upset not with her choice in studies, but with the man she'd chosen to help. The final breaking factor was when the new student – Mykst – saved her life in the middle of a final battle when she was on the sidelines. Although her affinity is still dark magic, Kali quit her job and renewed her studies under Dyixaz – as well as starting a relationship with Mykst.

Combat Abilities: As her nickname indicates, Kali studies the darker side of magic. She has a few basic healing abilities (slightly more accurate than Mykst), but she relies more on her dark magic. Since meeting Mykst and resuming her studies under Dyixaz, she's started using these spells not for demonic purposes, but merely as an asset in battle. She can use dark energy in its purest form as a weapon, or she can use more advanced spells – causing her target to feel uncontrollable pain or fear for a short amount of time, creating a shield that reflects attacks back on the user, or sapping their energy slowly. Although it typically takes years to study, Kali is also learning a few spells in necromancy. She can't resurrect yet, and hasn't needed to, but she can communicate with the dead through magic. After all, the dead see and hear everything.

Other abilities of note: As a lioness, Kali is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter. She doesn't usually need to resort to it, but when she does, there are a lot of claws and teeth involved.

Trivia: - The only people allowed to call her Kali are Mykst, Dyixaz, and her family. Everyone else refers to her as Black Magic until she trusts them.
- Kali did get back in touch with her family. Her father has grown to accept her studies in magic. Currently, their main argument is her decision to date a housecat rather than another lion.
- Although her usual favorite is rock, she has a secret love for country music, but she'd never admit to it.

(Their stories are from my continuity; if they need editing, I will gladly do so. But they're done. Yay. :D )
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mao

Going to be away for the weekend, so I'm not sure what computer availability I'll have.  I'll keep up as best I can.

Cogidubnus

I cannot describe in words how much I like those two bios, Angel. >:3

And aw. Hopefully you'll be able to get on some then, Mao.

Angel

Why thank you, Cog.  :3 Now all I gotta do is wait for Boog, and all is well for me.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

Blackangel added to character index, can be removed pending disapproval (But I seriously doubt that's gonna happen :3)

Also, Boogy, since you don't seem to be all that great at keeping a character index updated, put this link into the first post instead, and I'll keep the index updated myself.

The City Character Index

ShadesFox

When do you people sleep?  I'm gonna have a hard time catching up and introducing myself O_o
The All Purpose Fox

Myr

Two characters Angel?? Now I'm jealous. They are rather good, though. And, er, sorry Shades...I tend to have trouble sleeping when something's got my interest...

Boog

*finishes looking over bios* Hmm...
Angel: Approved. Both of 'em. I have ideas for these two *grins*

Kafzeil

Your Friendly Neighborhood Newb would like to join.

Name: Felix "Jinx" Cross

Species/Race:Cat(shorthaired)/Were

Physical Description:27 years of age, in both human and furre forms he stands at about 6' 9", in all forms is very underweight. In all forms his hair is jet black, and is often  unkept and sometimes messy, and his eyes are a rather bright shade of green.

In his furre form, Jinx' fur is a slightly lighter shade of black then his hair, and possesses a long, bony tail  and rather large point ears. His thin form gives his face some sharp features, often making

His human form is caucasian, and as one would expect his face is rather thin looking, though the general shape of his face is streamlined, with no feature really sticking out more then any other.

His cat form is, naturally and obviously, a black shorthaired cat of above average size. It still carries Jinx's hairdo, and while fairly long, is very underweight and bony.

Jinx's choice of clothing is more often then not business suits. He usually wears a set of black loafers, black dress pants and a black jacket often wore open, as well as an assortment of shirts and ties, usually a red tie and a white shirt.

Personality: Jinx is a fairly surly and sarcastic fellow, often quick to insult and mock others. Jinx often seems anti-social and aloof, often avoiding making friends or having to deal with people he finds unpleasant. All too often it seems Jinx's only real companions are a bottle of whiskey and a pack of cigarettes.

In battle, Jinx can become a different person entirely, to the point where his taunts and attitude suggests he's having a blast. Indeed, he will often seem disrespectful and disappointed when an opponent is going down easy, but seems to respect those who can put up a fight, quite possibly the most common way for Jinx to show anything resembling kindness to others. He will often salute and honor opponents who put up a worthy challenge in his eyes. Jinx will also do whatever he can to make the fight as fun as he possibly can.

Of course, Jinx is a member of the League of Assassins, and given their nature, it's unsurprising he turned out this way. Also, Jinx hasn't always been this anti-social... it all started when Jinx began hearing the voices...seeing the people killed, or the people in his life who had died come back to talk to him. So, Jinx feels he can't trust anyone he meets, nor can he trust the voices in his head, and now it's getting to the point where Jinx feels he can't even trust his own mind...

History: Jinx's life and history is a mystery even to him. He knows his parents are deceased, but other then his mother and her means of death, doesn't know who they were, even what his father looked like. Jinx knows He spent years in an orphanage, but only the name, and learned he had 'drowned' years ago.

However, Jinx does have connections with the clandestine League of Assassins, and is considered an off-again-on-again agent of the professional killers, often working under the "Being Commissions Officer" Lord Twinfang.

Recently, though, Jinx has been taking odd jobs, so too speak, and has currently been hired to investigate a strange city in the middle of nowhere. Given his client was one of the Harkonnens, a family of Angels known for their wealth and intellect(And often eccentric , sometimes bordering on just plain crazy) he really couldn't pass up the money his cilent was offering.

Combat Abilities:Jinx, as natural of his race, is good with magic, having a preference for Lightening and Fire based magic. He's a decent spell caster in his furre form, but is absolutely devastating in his cat form. However, for some reason, his magic is somewhat, bit noticeably, diminished in his human form.

Still, Jinx, perhaps due to his training as an Assassin, saves his spells as a last resort or a surprise attack for creatures.  He will often fight like a normal adventurer, albeit a cocky one, to get enemy creatures into underestimating him before revealing his true heritage.

Jinx preferred weapons are a rapier, preferring quick and precise jabs, and a Black Powder Revolver. The revolver is based off a Singe Action Army, and Jinx has enough skill with it to 'fan the hammer' as well as us the weapon normally. However, Jinx' own sense of 'fun' has prevent him from getting a speed loader. Indeed, Jinx loves the feeling of reloading in the heat of battle.

Other abilities of note: His cat form allows him great agility, and it's small profile means he can speak into areas others would find inaccessible, as well as it's obvious potential for stealth. Jinx Human form also possesses immunity to magic.

In his furre and human forms, Jinx is skilled in parkour, lock-picking, and swimming.
Trivia: -Jinx's most prized possessions are his golden tie clip matching cufflinks.
-Jinx suffers from severe Claustrophobia.
- Jinx enjoys spicy food.

This good? If not, just tell me.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

Alternate line for Traxen's reation to the drone being tasted; "Guh?!? Not that kind of foe, not that kind of foe!" :giggle

Kafzeil added to character index, statement about removal pending disapproval still stands. (and don't forget to add a link to the index in the first post, Boog ;))

techmaster-glitch

Oh Myr...you evil, evil troll... >:3

EDIT: aww, shadow, I was gunna have fun berating the "stupid Mythos"! :<
Naw, j/k. :P