The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Not to nitpick, Mr. Tipod, but that whole burny sensation -was- Giles making your gun about hot enough to set your shirt on fire.

techmaster-glitch

But...wouldn't a sidearm be on a hip holster, or am I missing something in this scene? :confused

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 23, 2009, 11:06:14 PM
But...wouldn't a sidearm be on a hip holster, or am I missing something in this scene? :confused

He said that his gun was in a shoulder holster earlier.

Tipod

You need to clarify these things for me, man :C I wasn't given that specific detail, y'know.

Edit: And yes, it was a shoulder holster.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Kafzeil

Just a note: The collie in my latest post cannot be seen by anyone else but Jinx. His interactions with the collie though, are very much visible.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Myr

Ah. I was wondering about that Kafzeil.

Now, I only hope I didn't go overboard with my pose just now. *flop* If there's a bit of confusion to be settled or something that needs fixed...let me know. Was...kinda hard to work out one that sounded reasonable, so I'm open to correcting it if need be.
'I've seen monks try and cover their ears when they hear these haunting notes, but they just don't understand that your soul doesn't need ears to hear.' ~Malkithe

'Sanity is a spider clinging to a fluttering thread of web unaware of the fingers reaching for it, catching it, plopping it in my mouth....' ~Myr

Boog

Lucas: ... Approved. He's a little unorthodox, but I'm curious.

techmaster-glitch

Lucas added to Character Index. Still waiting for that link to be put in the first post... :poke

Incidentally, the registered character count is now exactly 20.

Aisha deCabre

I just wanted to put up a post here to let everyone know, before I post next in the IC, that Gareeku's going on vacation for a week and has asked me to keep his character caught up for him.

Just in case anyone sees me controlling his character and wants to complain to me.  :B

That also goes for the other RPs we're currently active in--the Mad God's Masque Ball and The Castle--if necessary.  Some of you I talk to everyday are in all three, so you can vouch for me there. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

lucas marcone

Quote from: Boogeyman on May 27, 2009, 09:01:37 PM
Lucas: ... Approved. He's a little unorthodox, but I'm curious.

you know me boog, my best characters are always "unorthodox" just lemme catch up in back story then ill sate your curiosity.....you know, it makes it puts that much more pressure on me to play this guy out right... :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Name: William Ifnigr the Third. Yes, it's him. Cower in fear, or run for your life.
Species/Race: Mythos, we think. Or possibly Being. If Being, he just isn't dead yet. Hedgehog, not porcupine.
Physical Description: Short, stumpy, and solidly built. He's about 4'8" tall, and probably 5'-6' wide. Looks like a ball of spikes, stuck through a somewhat baggy and loose bag of skin. Under which is a heck of a lot of muscle, and a metabolism which has to be seen to be believed. Wears a leather jacket, which, if you look closely, is actually made from gryphon skin. Ask him where he got it, and he'll look at you like you're stupid and tell you he killed the last thing wearing it. He's not bluffing, either.
Personality: Aggressive. Objectionable. Surly. Blunt. And coarse. Very, very coarse. Every other word is usually unprintable.
History: Witt was born a long time ago. He expected to marry, have kids, die, get buried, and, depending on which religion you happen to believe in, possibly rise again some time later, still many years ago. He managed the first, probably the second, and then is still sort of waiting for the third and fourth. After a while, he got bored and depressed, took up drinking, and started wandering. Sooner or later he'll either find someone else of his type, to explain why he's not dead yet, or drink himself to death. Since he's rather invulnerable to drink (something he discovered when trying to drink himself to death, on one particularly depressing evening) this hasn't happened yet, but he's still hoping he'll find something potent enough to do it. Pure alcohol hasn't done it yet, in quantities enough to power a small aircraft for a significant length of time...
  He's been wandering around the world, in various odd corners, for many centuries now. There are rumours of a "wandering dutchman" in various cultures, most of which don't say much about how unpleasant he is in person, for some reason. Every so often he gets bored and drinks a bar dry, usually getting annoyed enough to throw the rest of the clientèle out the doors or windows in the process.
Combat Abilities: Hard as nails, and usually fights dirty. But then, what would you expect from a bar brawler? He's usual a bare handed fighter, but will use knives if he needs to; he's lethal enough with his bare paws, but deadly with knives, either hand-to-hand or thrown.
  Oh, and he'll use his spines on anyone, so stepping behind him in the hopes you can get the drop on him isn't exactly the smartest of moves...
Other abilities of note: Has been noted to get more pleasant and polite after he gets toasted. Unfortunately, since he can drink most of a bar by himself, this doesn't happen as often as the people around him would prefer. He also has rather a large vocabulary, in a surprising number of languages; admittedly most of it is of the gutter variety, but he's still smarter than he immediately looks or sounds.
  And, finally, he has a minor regeneration ability, which possibly explains some of why he can drink so much without washing his liver out. Or maybe not...
Trivia: He's telling the truth about the jacket; it used to be wrapped around a Gryphon C who annoyed him. Permanently attached, as it were.
  He's got some tattoos on him, but most of them aren't visible; the only two that are immediately obvious are across his knuckles, and usually seen heading towards the viewer at high speed.
  He usually spreads a mix of Capsiacin and laxatives on his spines; anyone who gets nudged will know all about it.

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

techmaster-glitch

Hey, it's the lil' spikeball! Woot!
Added to Character Index. And get a link to the index added to the first post, boog!  :smack 21 characters? People need to be able to reference them quickly!

EDIT: Huh...well, I guess that's one way to put out a fire ;)

Cogidubnus

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

Hooray! The grumpy sod is back!  :boogie And OMG COG. At the risk of getting my throat slit for such an awful pun, Giles got burned. (shields self)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Black_angel on June 01, 2009, 08:51:12 PM
Hooray! The grumpy sod is back!  :boogie And OMG COG. At the risk of getting my throat slit for such an awful pun, Giles got burned. (shields self)

It's not Giles fault you guys left a red-hot piece of iron on the floor. :P

Besides, he'll have more chances to set people on fire later. :3

Aisha deCabre

Hey, Myr, about your last post...

Gareeku paid long ago for another meal for Raek, out of good will, before we left.  I don't suppose they gave it to you, then.  :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mel Dragonkitty

Kafzeil, the sleep spell had been dispelled in my last post.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

techmaster-glitch

Plus, unless I'm very much mistaken, Moze and Raek asre still standing over the duo themselves.

Kafzeil

Edited, if rather clumsily.
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

techmaster-glitch

Oy, Moze is going to hate Traxen a little. He's basically going to ask Moze to repeat himself, because what Moze told Raek is what Traxen wants to know, and he isn't listening a the moment :B

techmaster-glitch

Anyone seen teh_hobo, shadesfox, or shadowterm? They're the only ones I've got drones following, and they haven't posted in awhile, and I missed Mao, who was the other guy I wanted to follow... *sigh*, figures... :<

Although, Boog, I notice that on page 5, shadow made a post that he was heading to the City, and it was never addressed. Just a note, if he comes back...

Should I PM-poke the three of them now, or wait a bit longer?

Boog

*laughs* The thing with Shadowterm I hadn't noticed, but thank you. I'll poke them myself tomorrow morning.

Teh_Hobo

Sorry about that. Had some computer issues that resulted in my laptop being effectively unusable for about a week. that and i recently got a job and have had some crazy hours lately.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Mao

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 09, 2009, 09:41:05 PM
... and I missed Mao, who was the other guy I wanted to follow... *sigh*, figures... :<

Given that the character is a bit skilled in stealth, I wouldn't have appreciated you just deciding that you could easily find and follow him. :P  He put a bit of effort in to going unnoticed as he left.

ShadesFox

yea, I've been waiting for a hobo post, though I was starting to consider going ahead with out him <_<.
The All Purpose Fox

techmaster-glitch

Since hobo and shades showed back up...Boog, did you poke shadowterm yet?

murmer

I hope I'm not too late in posting this. It took me a while to write something  :<

Name: Rhiya Ravenwing

Species/Race: Mythos – gryphon/warp-aci

Physical Description: If it weren't for the mild, permanent aura of shadow surrounding Rhiya's fur and feathers, she can easily be mistaken for a type A gryphon species. Standing an average 5'6" with double that in translucent shadow wingspan, Rhiya's upper torso features distinct bird-like details (claws, beak, feathers, wings), but waist down becomes feline (fur, padded feet/paws, flexible tail). If there were shades of black, then Rhiya seems to be able to cover all that spectrum, save for the piercing white irises that cause her eyes to stand out starkly against her dark countenance.
Rhiya's tail – instead of ending in furry glory – is long and flattens out to a paperthin consistency much like that of a warp-aci's. It seems to also be likewise as morphable as a warp-aci's.

Personality: If curiosity kills the cat, then somewhere in Rhiya's lifetime a great number of cats must've died from her insatiable curious nature. Rhiya is a bit random, but tends towards being in a state of either permanent happiness or worry. She loves making new friends and helping them out, but sometimes appears to be too much of a tryhard in that aspect.

History: Rhiya started out as a normal Gryphon type A with a combination of too much time, too much curiosity and the ability to wield magic. As it turned out, somewhere down one of her maddened research into life magic in the shadow magic subcategory, she'd enlisted the help of a warp-aci (summoned) in the study. One freak accident later involving shadow magic, Rhiya accidentally merged herself with her warp-aci, and became what she is now.
Of course, this was a while ago. Because of the unknown length of a Warp-aci's lifespan, Rhiya has by far outlived all of her brethren and then some. At some time after all her friends and extended families had passed away, Rhiya decided to pack up all her belongings and go wandering. Along the way she picked up some skills, but mainly focused on her own magical prowess to get through everything.

Combat Abilities: Combat medic! Rhiya's actual fighting skills aren't very good. She'd be screwed if it weren't for the fact that she'll just get up right after the big bad had just laid into her with all he's got – after a few minutes at least. She doesn't do much damage-wise, but her superior regeneration and well-versed healing and defensive magic skills make up for her lacking. Her warp-aci counterpart also makes her very fast and hard to hit, and minor teleporting abilities lets her get to the wounded on the battlefield a lot easier than it normally would be. She always has contingent life and healing spells prepared in case something really bad happens and she's not ready for it. [Summary – Strong healer. Really bad fighter. Hard to kill, but doesn't do much damage at all.]

Other abilities of note:
Amorphous – Rhiya's form is slightly changeable. She is able to alternate herself between a gryphon A form and a gryphon B form of the same size, as well as minor aesthetic features (eye colour, beak size/shape, wing size/shape/hidden, all bird or all feline 'being' appearance). She is unable to hide the dark warp-aci glow around her, nor change the colour of her feathers/fur. She also can't manipulate her form as easily as a Cubi would be able to with their wings.
Minor teleportation – more of a dimensional hop rather than long-distance. As long as she can see and gauge a distance between her position and another place, she can get there without much trouble. Rhiya must be able to physically move her tail in order to use this.
Finding gravity – Rhiya can make herself light to the point where she can literally bounce over relatively high structures with ease. She can't actually levitate, but jumping really high and the addition of wings almost makes up for it. Unlike a warp-aci, Rhiya can't maintain this for very long periods of time.

Trivia:
After merging with the warp-aci, Rhiya has found an increased liking towards hotpockets, as well as some other few mundane foods and drinks. She's also developed a fear of drakes and things with too much teeth.
Rhiya's tail is completely prehensile and extremely strong. She can use it to hang off overhanging structures, but it's useless as a fighting tool. She can also lengthen or shorten it at will.

techmaster-glitch

Argh! It's hard to get Traxen to do things when the poeple who he's got robots following aren't posting! :< Hobo, Shades, shadow, where are you? :O

EDIT: Uh, tipod? Traxen's talking to Payden :<