The City (OOC, closed until further notice)

Started by Boog, May 04, 2009, 05:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadesFox

Name: Ben Wildeyes
Species/Race: Fox Being
Physical Description: A gray fox of a medium build.  Goes around with blue pants and a dark gray jacket and blue eyes.

Personality: Ben is a pleasant fellow, he enjoys chatting with people that he knows.  Though often people are reluctant to approach because of his giant rifle.  He is also has to know how everything works.  He is prone to disassembling everything he comes across.
History:  He did stuff.  It happened.  Stuff is defined primarily by his many misadventures trying to rebuild something he took apart and couldn't quite get it back together.

Combat Abilities:
Giant rifle.  Think Mauser 98K battle rifle.  5 shots bolt action rifle.  It is his baby.  You do not want to upset baby. Baby packs a a punch even 1 km away.
large knife.  Because the large rifle is sometimes too large.
Small bombs.  Often improvised on the spot.  Not terribly effective, but still an explosive.

Other abilities of note:
Technology skills: Ben has been disassembling and reassembling about anything he can get his hands on for his whole life.  It is much like a compulsion for him.  Because of this he often can be seen pulling things apart and rebuilding them, 'better'.  For a given definition of better.  This also leads him to be able to do thing like pick locks, disarm bombs, and generally disable traps.

Trivia:
Ben really don't know what he is doing with his life.  He is just out to figure out how everything works.  This is partly what drives him to mysterious ruins and the like.
The All Purpose Fox

Cogidubnus

Name:Giles Monterrey
Species/Race: Human

Physical Description

Height: 6'4''
Weight: 300 / 370lbs. (approximately 70lbs. of plate armor in addition)
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Short and black
Distinguishing features: Imposing isn't quite the right word for Giles. A behemoth of a man, he towers over most that he meets, both in height and in bulk, but this isn't what one tends to notice about him first. Covered from head to toe in a suit of charcoal-black plate armor, a sinuous golden salamander shining on the breastplate, Giles is the sort of person that tends to stick out. Under normal circumstances, he tends to have an easy smile, blue eyes, and oddly white teeth that stand in contrast with his eternally ashy-blue face.

Personality: Laughs easily, takes offense easy, and makes friends and enemies easy. If left alone, he tends to be quiet, but has a boisterous nature that tends to flare up in relation to the amount of alcohol in his system at a given time. Wears his emotions on his iron-cuffed sleeve, and not unsurprisingly, his emotions tend to be very intense. Tends to have a problem with anger bordering on the unstable.

History: A former paladin, Giles is being hunted by the very order that he left. The City offers him respite - no one is quite crazy enough to follow him there.

Combat Abilities: First and foremost, Giles is an experienced armored fighter. He knows how to move, fight, and use heavy armor as both a shield and a weapon, and his speed and dexterity in the encumbering suit can be surprising. He is equally as proficient with the spear he carries on his back - an enchantment causes the head to eternally burn red-hot. It is purported that the spear also drips blood, although it may not have seen battle for many weeks.
These are, however, supplements to his true abilities, which encompass the ritual manipulation of energy, specifically in the form of heat. Through motion, he can both transfer heat from objects that already contain it, and given time can generate his own heat far in excess to the proportion that he should be able to gather from his own body. He can use this energy in myriad ways - to increase the ambient temperature, melt things in close proximity to himself, or light the tobacco in his pipe, but the majority of the time he uses to to generate spontaneous conflagration of the surrounding area. Fireballs, incineration of targets, and walls of fire all common tactics, but given time he can create swirling infernos or engulf entire areas in a sea of fire.
Giles tends to favor the direct application of heat energy, but he isn't above using more inventive methods of heat manipulation to accomplish his goals either.

Other abilities of note: Is an accomplished drinker, smoker, and general ne'erdowell. Can burn off the alcohol in his body rapidly in case he's made himself too drunk and needs to sober up fast. This doesn't tend to go well for people too close to him at the time. Has the ability to maintain his gear to the extent that any soldier would, although he is no craftsman. Is completely immune to heat, and the heat energy that he throws around.

Trivia: At one point was devoutly religious. He tends to recall some of the more interesting passages he's come across in the midst of battle. When he starts manipulating a great deal of heat, his eyes tend to get spots of red, growing as he continues his manipulations until eventually covering the entire iris. Fades away as the manipulations do.

Boog

Basilisk: Accepted!

Spots: Accepted!

Mao: Accepted!

Shades: Accepted!

Cog: Accepted!

Lucas: Erm... See me after class.

Gareeku

It's rather a case of copy and paster for this profile I'm afraid. Sorry.

Name: Gareeku Manoko

Race: Being

Species: White-furred Wolf (see avatar)

Physical Description: (see avatar) - Medium length black spiky hair; spiked out up and back, save for near the front where various bangs of hair of various length cascade down his forehead, styled in a slight middle parting (though they do not extend further than eye level). (The hair is similar to Jin Kazama's from the Tekken series of fighting games.)

However, The hair isn't exactly the same. Just below the part of the hair that spikes out and back on the back of his head is an area of longer hair that reaches down to around the same level as his biceps. This area is usually (but doesn't have to be) tied together in a ponytail by a long thin strand of fabric (like the one that Ken uses in the Street Fighter Alpha series - http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters2/ken-mshvs.jpg).

Clothing: A set of deep Blue sleeveless gi top and pants, a black martial arts belt, with a sheathed Katana fastened to his side, and sandals on his feet. He also wears red fingerless gloves, which begin just below his elbow on his forearm. At the end of his gloves (where it stops just before the elbow) and on his wrists are thin bands of metal which seemingly hold the gloves in place. He also wears a brown hooded cloak over the top of his clothes.

Combat Abilities: Master of the sword and martial arts. Has also intricate knowledge and mastery of 'soul energy', as well as being quite talented in fire and ice magic.

History: (Taken from older RPs because at this time I don't have the energy to rewrite it) - Gareeku was born to a Being father and a Succubus mother, and is oddly enough a rather unique creature, in that while he does not possess the wings of a cubi, he does share a few of their traits, such as the lifespan and heightened senses of a cubi. Despite this, Gareeku is still a being, and so shares their needs for food, drink and sleep.
Having met Gareeku's adventurer father, an arctic wolf Being, just after leaving SAIA, Gareeku's mother, a powerful vixen succubus named Alica Hannack, soon fell in love with him and bore a child; Gareeku Manoko. Gareeku had a relatively normal upbringing with two loving parents in a small town where various races lived together in harmony, learning martial arts and the art of magic from his father from a young age. However, Gareeku's happy life would soon change. When he was 16, the boy discovered that his father had been brutally murdered by a group of demons who had ambushed Siriso as he ventured out on a quest. Swearing revenge, Gareeku carried on learning the ways of combat while taking care of his grief-stricken mother up until he was 18, when he ventured out on his first quest, learning of a group of demons that were terrorizing various nearby towns
Upon arriving at one of the towns, Gareeku came face to face with the group; the same group that has murdered his father. A long and hard battle commenced, the demon group shocked at how powerful what they considered as the "lowly being" was. Eventually Gareeku managed to slay the group, though the cuts and bruises scattered all over his body showed that it was by far no easy victory. The battle would be the first of many in Gareeku's career as an adventurer.
When he was 21, Gareeku returned from a quest to find that his mother had disappeared. Fearing the worst, Gareeku set out to travel the world to look for her. Eventually, he found that she was still alive, much to his relief, and was residing in a Cubi town, Gareeku choosing to continue his adventuring career as he knew she was safe from any attack in Harkhun.

For a long time, Gareeku has become somewhat of a mysterious figure. Many have tried to seek him out, either just to meet him or fight him. Whatever their motives, however, he had been notoriously hard to find. Not much is known about him these days, whether he or his family is still alive.

Trivia: When he can be bothered, Gareeku is quite the cook. Excelling in chicken and pasta dishes in particular.

Tipod

Approved, posting here.

Name: Payden Velasquez
Species/Race: Human/Caucasian
Physical description: Though reasonably tall and near the peak of physical fitness (to the tune of 6' 2", 198 pounds), Payden's middle-aged figure doesn't offer much to look at. Slightly wrinkled, faded brown crewcut, a square jaw, and a flat nose all lend to a fairly ugly visage; the only not-homely-part are the coal-black eyes. Outfits vary from season to season, but he mostly gravitates towards fatigues, jackets, and vests, particularly those padded and reinforced with leather and metal plating. Field packs and bandoleers also find their way into his ensembles.

Personality: To Payden, first impressions are everything. Those who look and act like thugs will receive an unpleasant response, if any at all, while anyone with a more respectable appearance will be treated amicably. Outside of first meetings, he tends to be frank, and will keep to himself unless approached or goaded into telling personal anecdotes. Particularly disdainful towards the younger generation, or at least those that act like they belong to it.

History: The last in a family of wandering sheriffs, Payden has spent much of his life training, protecting, and enforcing in any village that will take him. In recent years, these stints have gone from lasting several months at a time to only a few weeks as bandit raids inevitably give way to Creature rampages, forcing him to step down in favor of young adventurers, many of whom will gladly take the challenge just to build up reputation for themselves. Rather than serve under anyone else's constabulary, Payden has continued to seek out positions as sole arbiter of law in several small towns, but to no avail.
Without a community to boss around or a title as anything grander than a lawman, Payden has taken to the cursed city to loot whatever he can, hopefully enough to retire on.

Combat Abilities: Honed from years of busting delinquent skulls, Payden is particularly adept at close combat and using whatever blunt instrument he can find (when a baton isn't readily available). He is equally capable at a distance, equipped with a small-caliber repeating rifle and a slightly higher caliber revolver. Can take a few hits thanks to his hardy lifestyle, but is fairly limited by his mortal vitality.

Other abilities: Wound treatment, scavenging, repair, crisis control, and other minor survival talents.

Trivia: Plays the harmonica, often times to relieve stress.
Enjoys the rigors of weapon maintenance, often taking his weapons apart and putting them back together if for no other reason than to make sure each piece is in place.
(More an author note but still trivia) General theme.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Mel Dragonkitty

Name: Alexandria Montegu
Race: half angel
Species: grey squirrel
Family: While she is pretty sure she has family she doesn't know any of them, having been placed with the Gutenberg Order when very young.

Hair: fire engine red, cut short
Eyes: black
Fur Coloration: light grey
Appearance: 5'8" and 160lb. Rather square and solid looking but some of it is due to her extra thick fur from her chinchilla side. Wears robes of her order consisting of a dark blue inner robe and a grey outer robe, embroidered in black. Around her neck she wears a flat, elongated oval of bone, a bookbinding tool called a bonefolder, which is the symbol of the Gutenbergs. At her waist is a small bag containing papers and a pen.

Combat Abilities: Reasonably strong magic user due to her heritage.
Strengths: trained from childhood as a magic user she is well trained with an emphasis on paper magic. A bit of origami or a quick symbol drawn on paper can create objects. Her staff is spelled to increase her light magic skills and has healing abilities of it's own.
Weaknesses: Not a great fighter. Not much ability beyond basic self defense
Weapon(s) : While she is armed with a small hammer and knife they are more symbolic of her order than useful for anything besides self defense. She is more likely to hit out with her staff than draw either one. This isn't quarterstaff skills but plain old bludgeoning. Not really a weapon but her magical grimoire is semi-sentient and prone to bite.

History: The child of a chinchilla angel and a being squirrel she has no indications of her creature heritage aside from her bright hair and slightly above average magical ability. One of five children she has no idea why her parents left her at the mage school run by the Order of the Gutenbergs when she was seven, never returning. Alex would like to find out some day why they left her and what happened to her siblings.The Order runs a magic school focused on the preservation, duplication, and distribution of books and have one of the largest libraries in Furae. Alex showed a natural affinity for the magic system and has risen to the rank of Collection Development Librarian. This means she travels, hunting out books to take back to the library, some of which are quite dangerous bits of magic.

Disposition: Raised in the cloistered environment of the order her social skills are a bit formal and stuffy.

Trivia: It's cliche  but she loves nuts and always has a pocket full. Her grimoire is named Snappy, and he likes an occasional snack.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Boog

It's the star power. I'm a likeable personality, people flock to me =D

techmaster-glitch

However, the "not too limiting" bit is starting to look like false advertising... :U

Boog

Tech, you wanted an ARMORED BUS and a SQUAD of ROBOTS. In a horror RP, this needs balancing out.

Paladin Sheppard

NAME: Ephrael Falco
RACE: Tasmanian Devil; Being
SEX: Female
FAMILY: Older Sister (Jade Falco)
BODY TYPE: Small, athletic (
EYES: Bright Blue
HAIR/Fur: Red / Black with white stripes on her chest and a white spot around her right eye.
FAVORITE FOOD: Pizza
FAVORITE COLOR: Blue
CLOTHING (+style): Light leather vest, skirt and shin pads dyed green, hiking boots and a blue undershirt.
PERSONALITY: Ephrael is far removed from her younger self and is far more forward in what she wants, she is very much the flirt and a rogue. Not quick to anger she is quick happy to get payback further down the road when she is ready.
CAREER: Sometime thief, scout and archer.
POSSESSIONS/WEAPONS: Pair of steel daggers, light leather armor, Longbow and arrows, sap, bag of sand and a lucky bracelet her elder sister gave her.
HISTORY: An accomplished adventurer Ephrael has picked her way through many a dungeon lair and mansion, sometimes with others but mainly by herself.
COMBAT ABILITIES: Eph is a expert shot with her Bow and a deadly master with her daggers.
Other abilities of note: Hunting/Tracking, Skinning, Pickpocketing, Sneaking and unlawful entry, Safe cracking .
Trivia: Is known to dance in her underwear.
         When business is slow has been seen dancing in Gentleman's Clubs.

techmaster-glitch

I downgraded both, as you said. Then you said "no weapons after 1890" and haven't yet answered me abut that. That's what I'm talking about.

Boog

I hadn't noticed the PM, it got lost in the others that I've been getting. I've sent a reply.

TheGreyRonin

I really wish I could join this one. I'll settle for watching avidly. *munches popcorn, waiting for the curtain to go up*

Noone

Name: Kyirri Teekay
Species/Race: Kangaroo Rat/Being

Physical Description:
Kyirri stands around 3 foot 2. His skin tone is incredibly pale, as if he had spent his entire life in a cave. His eyes also look quite abnormal, his iris looks as though it has been shrunk, and it looks a sickly teal instead of a more vibrant green. He keeps his black cephalic hair short, and somewhat messy. His tail is around 3 feet long as well, with a black hairy tip to the end.
Generally, he wears blue pants, a blue shirt, a black coat, black gloves, and sturdy looking black shoes. His coat's interior has pockets in which he can easily hide his things, notably his pistol. His shirt's collar comes up out of his coat. In general, his clothes look plain, and have an inexpensive appearance to them. He makes sure that everything from his neck down is covered.

Personality:
Kyirri almost always retains a polite demeanor when spoken to, and almost never loses his self control.  Regardless, he doesn't try to get close with anyone, and he is extremely evasive when he is pressed to talking about himself. He is very serious about fulfilling any obligations he might be under, though he does his best not to put himself in a situation where he might be indebted to someone. He's quiet, reclusive, somewhat afraid of large crowds.  Regardless, Kyirri has a rather bitter disposition on life, and is prone to fits of wallowing in self pity, as well as retaining an air of pessimism whenever faced with life threatening situations.

History:
Kyirri led a fairly normal life, loving parents, good schooling, seemingly set for life, until one day when he was 16. He found out that his parents had been soul-murdered. Kyirri was left with almost nothing, family, belongings, and his house was soon taken to pay off debts. He disappeared for a month, in search of his parents' killers, a search which came to no avail. He later found himself elsewhere, scraping off a meager existence, working low paying jobs while still trying to pay for a decent education and the costs of feeding himself. He later, after being trained to wield firearms effectively, and learned basic survival skills as well, became an adventurer, and has been so for several years. However, he hasn't been a very successful one, and he's lost a lot of friends on his travels. He barely has any wealth to his name, and lives off an extremely frugal life. Kyirri is incredibly tight lipped on the details of what he was doing through that month he disappeared, or his adventuring career, partly because it's so bitter and he doesn't want a reminder of the events that occurred, or the life that he lost.

Combat Abilities:
Kyirri has deadly accuracy with his pistol, and is quite agile. However, he doesn't have any magical abilities and is a poor close-quarters combatant. He's quite good at hiding, and move along most surfaces without making much sound. If he's out to kill someone, he prefers to attack undetected. If he's in a pitched fight, he tries to keep a safe distance away from his foes, stay behind cover, shoot, and reload without too much fear of retaliation.

Other abilities of note:
None of note.

Trivia:
Kyirri does not radiate emotions. Cubi would be able to detect this anomaly immediately.
Despite having the same first name, he is not the same Kyirri that appears in Shattered Innocence.

Possessions:
A pistol, some ammunition, his clothing, a little bit of money, a small vial of healing salve.

Valynth

What the heck, may as well try something new.  I'll try submitting my flag character to see how he'll fit in.

Name:  Valynth
Species/race:  Human, not of this dimension.
Age:  Time is relative as one travels dimensions, but suffice to say he's probably older than this strand of probability.

Physical description:
Valynth stands at 6 foot 5 inches.  His skin is a moderate tan though his torso is only lightly tanned.  His remaining eye is hazel, green with flecks of yellow and he wears and eye-patch over his right eye.  He is distinctly muscular, but is usually wearing a grayish green plate mail with ceramic lining so it isn't usually noticed.  When not in armor, his brown curly hair and slight constant stubble allow him to disappear into almost any crowd of working humans if it wasn't for his scars.  His body is an almost ever changing litany of scars, mostly on his arms and a few on his torso.  The only two scars of any true note are on his head, a vertical slash running though his removed eye and a horizontal slash starting high above his right eye and ending near his left.  Though he usually appears unarmed, he can summon a black blade to his hand at a moment's notice.

Personality:
Practicality and survivability are high on his agenda, but he does have a habit of keeping "useful people" alive even after they've fullfilled their use.  Almost in contrast with his seeming kindness and willingness to work with others is his deep-seated cynicism about his current situation and the situation of others, making him incredibly savy in terms of personal relations.  Underneath this, or perhaps the cause of this, is a very tired, very old man who is constantly seeing patterns playing out in front of him that others don't even know are there until it's too late.

History:
Originally from a dimension whos time period reflected that of Rome and feudal Europe, Valynth was part of the elite northern guard of his homeland when the first unified barbarian force in nearly 100 years attacked.  Through the nobility conspiring against the king with the barbarians, Valynth's homeland was overrun.  It was in the initial fighting that Valynth lost his eye and gain several deep scars on his arm.  Fleeing with the princes on his former kingdom to an allied country to recover and rally a new army, Valynth learned that the barbarian leader had claimed leadership by wielding a legendary sword.  Having formerly met the leader, Valynth was suspicious about the authenticity of the sword and set out find the real one.  Much to his later regret, he found the "dark-black blade" and used it to end a duel against the ambitious barbarian leader and seize leadership of the horde.  Unfortunately once the kingdom was restored, Valynth paid the price for wielding the blade and was flung to a new dimension thus beginning his travel, kept eternally young by the power of the blade.

Combat abilities:
Valynth is an accomplished hand at almost all forms of weaponry and tactics, but some difficulty may ensue with higher-tech weapons since certain physics and biologics also seems to be a dimensional relative.  Despite his abilities, he prefers to use his swordsmanship, but will switch to other weapons if it is necessary.

Other abilities:
Limited immortality:  Having been removed from time by the blade, Valynth does not age.

Slight speed and strength abnormality:  His home world is approximately 1.2x the gravity of current terranorms and would be unworthy of mentioning if he hadn't trained as a soldier most of his life.  It's still difficult to notice though.

Teleporting sword:  Anytime Valynth wants his sword, it instantly appears in his hand.

Vision augmentation?:  Valynth doesn't appear to suffer for want of an eye.  He says the blade seems to have filled that role on a subconscious level, but he can't actually see out of it and did have to compensate before he got the blade.

Psionic defense:  Unknown to Valynth, the sword is a spiritual black hole and semi-sentient.  Any attempts to actively probe Valynth's mind results in the sword diverting the probe into the chorus of billions upon billions of trapped spirits, most likely driving the would-be prober insane if they aren't also trapped in the blade.
   Sub-note:  The blade also traps limbs on spirits, even spirits in living bodies.  The physical limbs can be reattached, but they won't work until the spirit recovers (a few weeks of extra healing time).  Until then the site feels numb with a slow subsideing as the spirit fills in.

Language breech:  Valynth can be heard and understood perfectly (except for proper names) in any language as though he was speaking fluently in the language most preferred by the individual.  This also allows Valynth to understand all languages as though they were his own.  This also allows him to read other languages, but other can't read his home script, which is what he uses in his journal.

Blade throwing:  Valynth can through his blade with starling accuracy up to 50 feet.  see vision augment.

Random dimensional teleport:  Valynth may jump dimensions in a few days or a few centuries, he never knows.  When he does, any other weapons he was carrying fall to the floor.

Dimensional parasite:  The sword is actually linked to Valynth's spirit and can not be removed without killing Valynth.  Once killed, Valynth's soul joins the others.

Parasitic loyalty:  The sword will refuse to cut Valynth.  Also, it will refuse to take another host until Valynth is dead.

Trivia:
Valynth keeps a small journal that he writes in regularly.  He claims this has kept him sane since he has to restart in every new dimension.

There are many devices throughout the dimensions that change gender.  Valynth has found 38 of them the hard way.

Valynth's name isn't the original one.  He has long since forgotten it and simply grabbed a word from another language.

Possesions:

Black sword:  This is actually an enter dimension compressed into a singularity through methods unknown.  It seems that a crazed sect of fundamentalists in a hyper-advanced society in the dimension caused it, how or why has never been known as their souls are trapped in the blade a virtually indecipherable from the cacophony of spirits that also reside in the blade.

Armor:  Titanium plate mail with ceramic underlay.  The ceramics were added by Valynth after the armor was forged.  It makes a powerful defense against sword, arrows, and most low calibre guns, but concussions are still felt.  Without the original crafters, the armor can't be repaired.

Journal:  Valynth's thoughts, sealed by a key around his neck.
----
Now that I look at it he makes a better book character than a RP character.  Anyway, He's probably over-powered out the ass. So if he can't fit in, I'll just get back to booking him.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Boog

Alright, plainly I do need to add a few rules. I'm... A little surprised at the necessity of some of them, but se la ve. I'll be updating the main post in just a bit.

Aisha deCabre

Rules are indeed a good thing.  Can't expect too many people to figure it out themselves. ;)

*snrk*  Anyway... *Grabs a form and fills it out*  Here's my thing.  What the heck, nothing's going anywhere. x3  Some of this is new, the rest is cut-and-paste.

Name: Aisha deCabre

Species/Race: Black jaguar Being

Physical Description: Aisha stands at about 5'5'', with a strong and lean but sinewy build.  Being a panther, her fur is very deep black, though faint spots can be seen under the right angle of light.  Her long, backside-reaching hair is a darker black with gray streaks along a part of the fringe and over her ears.  It is tied in a braid, save for a few thick strands that frame her face.  Her eyes are crimson red.  She wears a different adventuring outfit in contrast to her old one: red trousers that are slit slightly on the sides, a belt that carries her boomerang, a red vest-top and a gray long-sleeved undershirt, with a lightweight navy-blue sleeveless jacket.  On her right wrist is an enchanted gold-and-silver bracer with a chain, and around her neck is an enchanted choker.  She hides her face and features with a hooded cape the color of blood.  Her sword, the Dragonblade, is carried on her back, and a deep green ring is seen around her tail (the whole outfit is drawn here.)

Personality: The first thing one will notice about Aisha is that she's secretive.  When asked her name, the most a stranger will get out of her is her first name, and otherwise refers to herself as "The Risen".  Aisha is mostly a loner, and likes to travel.  Getting to know her, one would also call her stubborn and sometimes quick to anger.  She carries a determined will and a bit of impatience, and if she starts something then she must always finish it; so her fights rarely end in a tie.  However, Aisha is also optimistic and doesn't believe in dwelling on the past.  Among friends, she is protective and sociable, and also carries a sense of humor, though sometimes a grim one.  The only race that she's quite biased against is the Demon race, although she tries to be attentive and think before acting on impulse.

History: Aisha was born and lived in her home village with her parents and older brother until she was twelve.  Her mother died of a sudden illness when she was seven or eight, and it is there that she started learning how to fight amidst regular studies.  Her brother went off when she was ten to fight in a war, and never came back.  A couple of years later, her village was attacked by demons, and her father was assassinated.  She fled the burning village and lingered on the border until she met the healer Rynkura, who taught her the finer arts of battle as well as some non-magic healing.  At age eighteen was when she started adventuring and bounty hunting, determined to find these demons and avenge her family, and perhaps even find her lost brother, should he be alive.

Combat Abilities: Aisha is quite fast and stealthy.  Her senses are finely tuned and heightened, so hardly anything, including enemy weaknesses, escapes her notice.  She is also good with a sword, the only close-range weaponry that she has much practice with.  Her specialty however is long-range weaponry...for example, she can easily either kill or paralyze someone with an arrow.  Aisha doesn't use magic herself, but she has a variety of enchanted weapons, mostly light-enchanted.  Her repertoire consists of: her favorite weapon, the bladed boomerang that can come back to her on spoken command if it doesn't anyway; a light-magic imbued bracer that helps to heal wounds and dispels curses; the Dragonblade, a sword which repels and is impervious to magic; and an emerald-colored ring on her tail that glows in the presence of dark magic.  Here, she also has a necklace that can call up a short-lived invisible shield and a hidden dagger with non-fatal poison properties.

Other abilities of note: As was noted before, being a bounty hunter, Aisha's ability is stealth.  She is as quiet as a shadow on her feet and just as dark.  Because of her (fairly diluted) Creature bloodline, she also has senses that are more heightened than that of a regular Being, such as hearing and smell.  She also knows as much about medicinal, alchemical, and first-aid healing as she does about combat, but rarely uses the skills.

Trivia: Despite being a bit hard-headed, Aisha is also curious by nature and likes to take time to think and solve problems.

Aisha enjoys times of peace just as often as a fight, and will even stop to help others if they are so in need of it.

Her greatest and only fear is being forced to see someone who she cares deeply for die, and not being able to do anything about it (however she also has a small concern of being buried alive deep underground).

Her favorite food is pizza with extra meat and cheese.

As a past-time, she likes to read, mostly things having to do with history, fantasy, and lore.

If Aisha were an instrument, she'd be a Spanish guitar.  As such, this piece here is a candidate for theme music.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Valynth

Yay! I got rules specifically banning him from any type of game!  That means I'm on to something!  *returns to writing the book*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

ShadesFox

Just a quick heads up, I'll be moving tomorrow so I'm not sure when internet access will be back.  Soon, if I have any say in the matter.
The All Purpose Fox

Teh_Hobo

APPROVED!
Name: Unknown. Mainly goes by Hobo.
Species/Race:Human/Mexikraut
Physical Description: Around 6ish feet. Kind of hard to tell, due to his habit of slouching or hunching over at any available opportunity. Medium build. Medium length black hair, generally tangled and wild. Maintains a beard and mustache of the bushy variety. Generally wears a tattered jacket on all occasions along with old torn up jeans and scuffed, dirty combat boots.
Personality: Quiet, rather reclusive. Generally more fond of a good drink than other people. This suits most other people just fine as they usually consider him to be slightly crazy. Shifts between angry and depressed when drunk.
History: Mostly unknown. Drifts from city to city, doing odd jobs in order to eat and drink. Occasionally hints arise that he may have been in some form of military for a period of time.
Combat Abilities: Standard barroom brawler. Hits hard and fights dirty. Will fight barehanded, but prefers either a knife or a busted bottle.  Is proficient with all manner of improvised weaponry. Knows how to dodge and avoid attacks rather well.
Other abilities of note: Slightly unhinged, he can be difficult to predict in any situation. Has also learned to panhandle with the best of them.
Trivia: Bugrit. Millennium hand and shrimp.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Sunblink

Quote from: Teh_Hobo on May 09, 2009, 07:30:02 PMMexikraut

I looked at Google and I still don't know what on earth this means. I feel as though I am missing out on something great. :C

Tipod

If I were to guess I'd say it's a blending of German and Hispanic backgrounds.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Teh_Hobo

Indeed, Mexikraut is a mix of mexican/hispanic and german. A friend of mine coined the term in high school. Both of us happen to be mexikrauts, though Im more of a gigantic mutt, mexican, native american, french, german, british, etc etc. Mainly mexican/german though.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Xarden

can I just jump in or do i need to have a chat with someone before making a character?

Lisky

I'd try PMing Boogeyman... even if it's just a few minor questions, it'll be the safest bet

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

techmaster-glitch

Got my charcater approved, but I'm not posting it yet, I want to talk to Shades first...Hope he gets back soon.

EDIT: In the meantime, enjoy a character index! Add to first post, Boogeyman! Edit:Wait until the IC thread is started, I'll continue updating until then. edit: just add a link to this index in the first post, I'll take care of everything else.

Active Players:
Basilisk2150 - (Edaric Ahnasazi, Baseel Wolkshammer)
SpottedKitty - (Andrace Kithara)
Cogidubnus - (Giles Monterrey)
Mel Dragonkitty - (Alexandria Montegu)
Paladin Sheppard - (Ephrael Falco)
Myr - ('Cruncher' Raek)
techmaster-glitch - (Traxen Ridgrey)
Black_angel - (Mykst Necrado, 'Black Magic' Kali Fiyernos)
rammenstien - (Gabriel Angelos)

Nonposters/Dropouts/Unsure Status
ShadesFox - (Ben Wildeyes)
Teh_Hobo - (Some Unnamed Hobo)
shadowterm - (Samuel Nerwet)
Keaton the Black Jackal - (Katherine "Keaton" Beatrix Imenwati-Jyraneth)
lucas marcone - (Victor Dandin)
Stygian - (Jessica Stellan)
murmer - (Rhiya Ravenwing)
Escher - (Tu'Keelah Mockingbird)
The1Kobra - (Kyirri Teekay)
llearch n'n'daCorna - (William Ifnigr the Third)
Yugo - (Elenor Jyraneth, Kaela Silverstone)
OminousShadow - (Brayan Darksoul)
Gareeku - (Gareeku Manoko)
Aisha deCabre - (Aisha deCabre)
Mao Laoren - (Mao Laoren)
Tipod - (Payden Velasquez)
Kafzeil - (Felix "Jinx" Cross)

Waiting List:
?

(Incidentally, can someone tell me if the links are working? I've talked to llearch, but he doesn't know what's going on; specific message links don't work for me. They go to the page, bu they don't autoscroll down to the message for me)

shadowterm

I guess I can give this a shot. I'm thinking an assassin type character would be nice, but I'm not sure yet.
/)//w//(\

SpottedKitty

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 10, 2009, 02:01:18 PM

(Incidentally, can someone tell me if the links are working?

Seems to be perfectly OK at this end. Clicking on a link or right-click and "open as new tab" both open a new tab and go straight to the proper post in the thread.

Which browser and OS are you using? They're all supposed to work the same, at least at this level, but Firefox (which I use) and other Mozilla derivatives tend to keep to the offiical standards better, while MSIE can be... a bit idiosyncratic. Maybe there's something system-specific in the board's PHP code?
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: SpottedKitty on May 10, 2009, 05:49:25 PM
Which browser and OS are you using? They're all supposed to work the same, at least at this level, but Firefox (which I use) and other Mozilla derivatives tend to keep to the offiical standards better, while MSIE can be... a bit idiosyncratic. Maybe there's something system-specific in the board's PHP code?
Widows XP and IE7. The weird thing is, I don't think it used to be a problem, and i can't be sure of when it started. there's another computer in the house that I was using before this one, and it worked fine. As far as i know, it's got the same stuff.
However, the computer I am using right now had a hard drive failure a little while ago (though it had been disconnected from the internet for quite some time before then), and since the hard drive's been replaced it's almost a new computer, and that's when I switched from the other computer to this one. I'm -not- sure, but the autoscroll may not have been working ever since this computer was put back into service (though, a long time ago, I was using this computer before the other, back when this computer was still connected, and it was fine then as well)