04/13/09 [DMFA #992] - Angry Abel and Apologetic Aci

Started by Jairus, April 13, 2009, 02:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Gungans are annoying because they're attempting to be Jamaican aliens.  That is not acceptable.  The only acceptable Jamaican aliens came from the 8th dimension in Buckaroo Banzai.  They are the real Jamaican aliens; all the other Jamaican aliens are just imitating.   :3

Dan has survived massive would-normally-be-fatal blood loss again!  He now qualifies as an official anime hero and is hereby licensed to gain tremendous increases in power for no logical reason whenever it's convenient for fighting super-powered bad guys.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Pagan

After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

Quote from: demecowen on April 13, 2009, 10:06:30 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2009, 07:54:58 AM
However, while she probably would take DP out of the equation for good and all if Dan died,
Why you think that I don't know, since she can't even step out Twinks.

Can't, or won't?  Avenging the death of her (only?) son might be worth the risk.  I might add that this is what Destania (as Biggs) said would happen if he did die, so you don't have to take it from me :P

Besides which:
:shapeshifters
...so no-one really has to know that it was her who did it, let alone where they came from or where they went afterwards.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2009, 10:02:45 AM
I have drawn it:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Iforgiveyou.png

Evil, evil!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

Now, it would be epic if the next panel had Fi sliced up and dead, and Abel going "Apology accepted."

Personally, about the Jar Jar thing, while I never really liked the gungan, I never got into the rabid hate of him either. Personally, I think he gets a lot of the blame for the prequel trilogy not being as good as the original dumped on him, as it's easy to blame an annoying and unpopular charater than a combination of bad writing, bad acting, and general incoherecy.

Me, I was more annoyed at how brazenly Lucas trampled over the EU than Jar Jar.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

joshofspam

Now we wait and see if when Dan finally wakes up if his sister and Willy clunk his head for getting injured.

As for Abel. Maybe he has a more brotherly feeling to Dan even though not really related. You know, I love you but you really annoy me kind of relationship. The history of Abel's might give enough of a connection for him to actually like Dan even though he says differently.

Although if Falina has taking a more motherly relationship with Abel I doubt she will frappe him.  Unless of course that's the cubi form of a spanking. But I wonder if she might be more upset with Dan's mom then with Abel. :kruger

As for  Jar Jar he annoys me because of his loud, annoying, and non-stopping voice. But such a nice and quite picture heals such deep wounds. I think they where trying for a silly character and just took it a little to far.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: joshofspam on April 13, 2009, 11:58:32 AM
But I wonder if she might be more upset with Dan's mom then with Abel. :kruger

..Should I draw Fa'Lina holding Dest over the mixer? :B

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2009, 12:06:44 PM

Doooooooo eeeeeeeeeet...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Cvstos

Quote from: Jairus on April 13, 2009, 12:07:27 PM

Doooooooo eeeeeeeeeet...

Seconded! Doooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeet!!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Naldru

What I found interesting about Jar-Jar was that several people told me that it was an offensive racial stereotype.  However, they each felt that it was a different race that was being caricatured.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jairus

Quote from: Naldru on April 13, 2009, 01:05:34 PM
What I found interesting about Jar-Jar was that several people told me that it was an offensive racial stereotype.  However, they each felt that it was a different race that was being caricatured.
Yeah, that's what I heard. And I never saw it. First time I saw the movie, I thought he was a little annoying, but I also thought the poor guy was in way over his head. He's a normal, slightly clumsy guy who gets rescued by two Jedi, dragged along on their mission, helps rescue a princess, ends up involved in Galactic politics, and at the end of it gets mistaken for a great hero... he's just a normal guy caught up in stuff that he doesn't understand, but he's making the best of it. And then Palpatine uses his affection for his friends to manipulate him into giving him the power he needs to take over the galaxy. He never stood a chance.

So, any ideas what the next strip will be? Dan in bed all bandaged up, something like that?

Slacker Spice

I never hated Jar Jar myself - though I have to admit that I was ten when the movie came out - and never really understood the hate other than the fact that he was an annoying sidekick.

The love scenes between Anakin and Padme in Attack of the Clones, on the other hand... (Admittedly, that had been less "God, what crappy writing/acting/whatever" and more "Dammit, where's the action?!")

Strip-wise, it doesn't look like Fi told Abel about Devin yet - though I'd hate to see what would happen if he does...

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Howl

I hope that Fi tells Abel about Devin. I wanna see Abel's reaction.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I remember when one of the reviews came out, they had this rhetorical question (It was for revenge of the sith) "Why is the best love scene between Anakin and Padme the one where they're in seperate buildings and have no lines?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Corgatha Taldorthar

ba dum tish.

You would have thought that he'd do something more exotic though........ I mean, a blender, even I would know about the intimidation power of a blender, and I've never been in a home ec class in my life. I would be more impressed if he was using a spatula and a salt shaker and got those results :P

Noone

Doing it with a spatula and salt shaker would take more effort, plus you have to factor in the possibility that Fi might just gulp the entire salt shaker down. I know it's normally unhealthy to do that, but I can certainly see Fi doing something like that.

Besides, I kind of got the impression that Abel dropped out of Cubi Home-ec class before he finished it, so he probably didn't learn all of the course material in torture tactics and the like.

Tipod

If he really wanted to be esoteric, he could've used a garlic press.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Jairus

Quote from: Slacker Spice on April 13, 2009, 01:30:59 PM
The love scenes between Anakin and Padme in Attack of the Clones, on the other hand... (Admittedly, that had been less "God, what crappy writing/acting/whatever" and more "Dammit, where's the action?!")
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 13, 2009, 01:38:08 PM
I remember when one of the reviews came out, they had this rhetorical question (It was for revenge of the sith) "Why is the best love scene between Anakin and Padme the one where they're in seperate buildings and have no lines?
Actually, I liked the love scenes between Anakin and Padme because they were so awkward. They actually reminded me of Romeo and Juliet: two more or less teenagers completely inexperienced in matters of love (Padme's been a politician since she was fourteen, while Anakin's been in an order of monks that discourage love since he was nine) who are totally infatuated with each other and have no idea how to act or how to back off and see things more clearly. Leia and Han's relationship is one of two people more experienced in these matters: Anakin and Padme's is one doomed to fail from the start, and that's what makes it so tragic. At least, that's kinda how I've seen it.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2009, 01:42:46 PM

..And it has been done too.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Iforgiveyou2.png
Oh, that's just wrong. And so deliciously evil. Great job, bro! >:3

Baal Hadad

HAHAHAHAHA!!!   :giggle

I did wonder why Fi wasn't getting Abel....

Seriously, though, that happened FAST!  I thought maybe there would have been one or more strips in between....    :erk

Anyway, good to see Wildy again (especially since that whole "Janus Bond" thing STILL hasn't been reconciled between her and Jyrras).  :)

And yeah, I also thought of Wildy's comment being interpreted differently....

<.<

>.>

...though under the circumstances I don't think she actually meant it that way.

Since Alexsi seems to have wanted her there I wonder if it's because she's a shaman....

I too want Fi to mention Devin to Abel, but the mere fact that everyone DOES want to see that makes me wonder if Amber's not going to do it--at least not at this point in time.  String us along, in other words....  She doesn't strike me as the sort to engage in fanservice unless it's for her own purposes, like mocking strips that do (though admittedly I haven't been here that long), but then again, if she DOESN'T do it because so many fans want to see that, that could still be seen as letting them influence her too much....

I don't know.  *shrugs*  I'd like to see that myself, but I'll take what Amber dishes out.  ;)

Madmann135

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on April 13, 2009, 01:42:46 PM

..And it has been done too.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh121/RentheKnight/Iforgiveyou2.png

It may be me and my disturbed mind but that blender is a tad to clean for round 2...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Terrion

I'm not sure that mentioning Devin would get much of any reaction from Abel. It's been, what? About three hundred years (or something like that) since Devin died. Abel has likely met at least a few other people with that name since then...

Granted, they'd likely all be cubi, since he apparently never left SAIA in all that time, but still...

AmigaDragon

Will it blend?
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on April 13, 2009, 08:01:13 AM
O thonk thi riesun wi git Abel biong e sucoupeth on thi lest fremi os dai tu thi niid fur sume holeroty, elsu noci tu sii Wildy egeon. O hed biin thonkong O mossid her entocs.

I guess it did already.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ren Gaulen

Rakala

Ah blenders, one of the greatest inventions of mankind. It can be used for intimidation, mutilation, education, fun, and cooking. It's so multipurpose.

Edit: Amber, there is nothing wrong with playing a Gungan, even if you do use their accent there's no problem with it. Although I do wonder if you're using the new or the old system?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 13, 2009, 11:26:55 AM
Now, it would be epic if the next panel had Fi sliced up and dead, and Abel going "Apology accepted."

You presume that blending would kill Fi, rather than merely being extremely unpleasant.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cvstos

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2009, 03:30:56 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on April 13, 2009, 11:26:55 AM

You presume that blending would kill Fi, rather than merely being extremely unpleasant.

*stretches joke even more* Depends. Is it a Blendtec blender? They are really powerful...
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

llearch n'n'daCorna

the image I have in mind is a well-shredded Warp Aci.

Whilst still alive. And unhappy. Extremely so.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears