04/16/09 [Abel 2 #52] - Completely Average

Started by Tsunari, April 17, 2009, 03:13:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafe

Wat a minute... 
I'm not getting the connection between seduction and misery...
Rafe

insidexml

If you seduce a person away from somebody else, the other person will be miserable?
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

joshofspam

So I would say middle of the road for Aniz is he's in between the preacher who's consoling the widow and the more darker side of his clan.

You know, he could care but doesn't mean he always does. He may have been great friends with the current group at the inn if he didn't go crazy.

I mean could you see Abel and the uncrazy Aniz having a time convincing JY JY that cubi ate their ugly young. Oh to the things that three cubi could get in trouble for at the inn. :rolleyes

Sigh, but it would never happen. We have plenty of chaos and Aniz might make that go over the edge of reasonable chaos. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tezkat

Quote from: Rafe on April 18, 2009, 12:27:26 AM
Wat a minute... 
I'm not getting the connection between seduction and misery...

Seduce your victims. Make them fall for you. And then dump them. Much misery to feed on! :dface

Or you could always marry them, have a kid, and run off 25 years later, leaving them as shattered husks of their formers selves. That seems to work... :<
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

joshofspam

Quote from: insidexml on April 18, 2009, 12:32:30 AM
If you seduce a person away from somebody else, the other person will be miserable?

I kind of agree with Tezkat he beat me to it by a few seconds.

If you break up the relation ship with the person you made to cheat on their relationship that person is miserable too.

you feed when you tell the person your not staying right after you make them break up. Then you take the place of the person that that left the other person. Drinking it all in, it might be a common way how this particular clan has their children. :erk

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Rafe

Plain old seduction, I still don't see.  Anything could cause misery if you use it to screw someone over.  Still, I guess it would give you a lot of easy opportunities for woe.

Guy:  My wife and I were very happy for twenty years...

Other Guy:  What happened?

Guy:  We Met.
Rafe

techmaster-glitch

That is plain old seduction, as far as I know; make someone fall for you when you don't care about them, and then use, abuse, and dispose of them at your whim. That's the whole original purpose.

inuhanyo

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 18, 2009, 01:01:33 AM
That is plain old seduction, as far as I know; make someone fall for you when you don't care about them, and then use, abuse, and dispose of them at your whim. That's the whole original purpose.

Yeah, if you care about them and plan to make a permanent relationship, then it's called courtship.

!KCA

Due to a freak accident involving Mab's cooking, Dan was thrust back in time several millenia. He changed his identity and eventually founded a clan under it, clan Siar. Ultimately, he found a way to return to the future, rejoining Mab and leaving his clan founderless. All of this is part of a Xanatos gambit by Mab.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on April 17, 2009, 10:21:23 PM
*Charles ohs?*  Your 'ex', you say?  So that means... you're available.   :kruger

Oh, grow up.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 18, 2009, 12:43:55 AM
Seduce your victims. Make them fall for you. And then dump them. Much misery to feed on! :dface

Or you could always marry them, have a kid, and run off 25 years later, leaving them as shattered husks of their formers selves. That seems to work... :<

I don't buy it.  In both cases, the victim will be miserable, but because you've got rid of them, they'll be miserable away from you and you won't be able to absorb it.
In the latter case, which is what Aniz did to Abel, he had 25 years of very little misery and then a massive binge at the end.  What you really want is lots of continuous misery...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 18, 2009, 05:45:34 AM
In the latter case, which is what Aniz did to Abel, he had 25 years of very little misery and then a massive binge at the end.  What you really want is lots of continuous misery...

Oh, I don't know. The 8 years at the start, back in the small town, wouldn't have been too bad.

I do have to wonder how much of a hand Aniz had in Cindy's death. It wouldn't be too hard to speak to a third party - or a fourth - and persuade them to think the way you want them to about Cindy. ie, Aniz talks to the grocer, who then persuades the butcher to make unkind remarks in Cindy's hearing... Aniz has his hands clean and clear, Cindy is miserable. If Aniz was doing that sort of thing, then it'd keep going after they left, and would explain why Cindy got sadder and sadder. And it's very very hard to defend yourself against that sort of smear campaign.

As for once they moved to Zinvth, it's a big city. There'll be miserable people all over the place. And even if not, there's lots of other emotions to feed on. After all, it's not like preferences mean you can't nom down on other emotional types.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Marry a woman and have a kid who has wings.  That then puts her through the misery of public gossip.

Twenty five years later, batter your wife and kid, kill your son's best friend, drag him off to a strange school, and threaten to kill his mother.

Then adopt a new identity, return to your wife, and console her about the fact that her husband was a cad, she'll probably never see her son again, and the fact that she blames herself.

After she dies of old age, invite Abel back for the funeral and reveal that you've been living with your wife for a good many years under a different identity.

That should produce a lot of misery to feed on.

And I have not mentioned the conspiracy theory that shall not been named.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I doubt Aniz would go back to Zinvth, despite the potential he has to torment May. I'm sure someone there can pick up 'Cubi, and if Fa'Lina is to be believed, offing Hennya produced some very bad blood. It's probably too dangerous for him to show his face, unless he has some *really* airtight disguise. I'd bet he's probably moving on to some random city and doing his thing.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sunblink

*Charles ohs?*  Your 'ex', you say?  So that means... you're available.   :kruger

*headlocks!* I am noooot! >:[

The_one_who_is_odd

he had 25 years of very little misery and then a massive binge at the end.

It sounds to me that being in that kind of situation would resemble being anorexic or bulimic to a cubi.

Tezkat

I don't buy it.  In both cases, the victim will be miserable, but because you've got rid of them, they'll be miserable away from you and you won't be able to absorb it.

:shapeshifters

Just because you dump someone in one guise doesn't mean you can't stick around in another. Indeed, you could get a lot of mileage out of this one. Crush someone's heart. Catch them on the rebound as someone else. Rinse and repeat until the poor thing is too devastated to open their heart to anyone again.

The possibilities widen even further if you add dream manipulation to the mix. >:]

Most Cubi don't need to eat. Unless they're very powerful to begin with, just the ambient emotional energy in a populated region should suffice for maintenance. (For a guy like Dan, the emotions in a little place like Lost Lake were too much and gave him headaches.) So there's something to be said for quality over quantity.

If you didn't need to eat to survive, would you chow down at McDonald's every day or sit down to dine at a gourmet restaurant once a month?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on April 18, 2009, 02:30:49 PM
Most Cubi don't need to eat. Unless they're very powerful to begin with, just the ambient emotional energy in a populated region should suffice for maintenance. (For a guy like Dan, the emotions in a little place like Lost Lake were too much and gave him headaches.) So there's something to be said for quality over quantity.

If you didn't need to eat to survive, would you chow down at McDonald's every day or sit down to dine at a gourmet restaurant once a month?

Okay, yeah... that would make some sense, but I discounted the idea of them hanging out with the victim afterwards in another identity because I assumed that they wouldn't really be open to that until after they were no longer all that miserable.

Tezkat

Well... you could be the shoulder to cry on, too. The bartender who lends an ear as they drown their miseries. Or perhaps the nasty onlooker who gloats at their failings. Maybe even the perfect, beautiful coworker against whom they could never ever measure up.

You can be all sorts of things when you have the power to be anyone. Especially when you have many ageless years to put your plans into motion. Why, you could run a veritable misery farm! >:]

Ganurath

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on April 18, 2009, 01:09:55 PM
he had 25 years of very little misery and then a massive binge at the end.

It sounds to me that being in that kind of situation would resemble being anorexic or bulimic to a cubi.
Sounds more like a sex session that took a quarter of a century to reach a climax to me.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 18, 2009, 05:35:39 AM
*Charles ohs?*  Your 'ex', you say?  So that means... you're available.   :kruger

Oh, grow up.

*Charline triples his size, akin to Fi in the latest comic!*  Nyah ha ha!  It worked!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Shadowcatcher

I wonder how many of Abel's clan were Wallstreet speculators and bankers.  They're sure reaping the misery from the current economic downturn!

Ganurath

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 19, 2009, 12:19:11 PM
I wonder how many of Abel's clan were Wallstreet speculators and bankers.  They're sure reaping the misery from the current economic downturn!
...Cramer...
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on April 19, 2009, 12:19:11 PM

Can you say "Thousand-year mortgage"?  'Accidentally' sold to Beings instead of Creatures?