If you lived in Furrae what Being/Creature would you Be?

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, March 19, 2009, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M

I would most likely be an undead being. And knowing how much of a klutz I am, I'd end up losing appendages.

I'd probably end up having hooks for hands and wood blocks for feet. :B

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Anri

Quote from: Marmonstein on March 22, 2009, 12:08:51 AM
I would most likely be an undead being. And knowing how much of a klutz I am, I'd end up losing appendages.

And what this brings to mind is a Space Ghost quote... Hooks for feet. Eyes made out of wood!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShadesFox on March 21, 2009, 11:29:47 PM
If I existed in Furrae?  It would be as an inter dimensional traveler, which would be hard to classify as being/creature.  But it wouldn't matter.  All I would do is set up in a little building on the side of some road with a sign that says, "Questions Answered".

I'd set up the building opposite with "Answers Questioned" ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: ShadesFox on March 22, 2009, 12:10:59 AM
Quote from: Draken on March 21, 2009, 11:45:08 PM
Sooooo.....
You'd be the "ShadesFox That Knows Stuff?"

AKA, the All Purpose Fox ;p

he doesn't have a corkscrew though, so he's not -that- all purpose..  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tezkat

Quote from: Draken on March 21, 2009, 11:56:52 PM
You know, that gets me to wondering again...

If some of the Furrae veiw humans the same way some humans view Furrae (fetish fuel in other words), does that mean they try to emulate humans like humans do here? 

That is.....do they SHAVE themselves bald?  Like when people wear those suits??   :erk

Heh. Shaving is probably more like the ears-and-tails thing--something you do for cons or hide under clothing in public. Hardcord human fans would splurge on a patch or morphing amulet. :3

As for myself, various incarnations of my own eponymous character are scattered throughout the RP forum. Even if I did have to pick a personal one and say "This is me in Furrae", it would probably still be a Cubi. Shapeshifting, telepathic, soul-eating monsters are just totally my style. Second choice would be scheming Angel type. (Course, I could have it both ways with an Angel/Cubi hybrid, but I digress... :animesweat)

The funny thing is... I don't really relate to many of the canon Cubi characters. Dan is too into his clichéd reluctant monster thing, and I was never terribly fond of the door-kicking fighters. Aaryanna is way off in the other direction. Abel is someone you can be gay for but don't really want to be. Fa'Lina is practically a demigod and doesn't count. The only one who really does it for me as a Cubi role model is Destania.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Foxfire

I always view this as what I would 'want' to be, well what I want to be is a dragon!

I often rather like to think what I would be like if I was a different race, how my personality would be like after being shaped by the culture and habits of this race. Being a being, tee hee, for instance I view as a base person model so I imagine myself being still me and reacting to creatures as I imagine I would if still here as a human acknowledging that magic has always been around though. If a being, I'd likely end up undead because I don't value death and seeing as it's a fine way to break the aging process better to get it done now rather than when I've shrivelled to nothing!

Naldru

Quote from: Turnsky on March 22, 2009, 07:05:30 AM
Quote from: ShadesFox on March 22, 2009, 12:10:59 AM
Quote from: Draken on March 21, 2009, 11:45:08 PM
Sooooo.....
You'd be the "ShadesFox That Knows Stuff?"

AKA, the All Purpose Fox ;p

he doesn't have a corkscrew though, so he's not -that- all purpose..  >:3
Since the wine bottles are starting to come with plastic stoppers instead of corks, a corkscrew isn't as useful as it used to be.  For that reason, I find having the Philips screwdriver blade more useful.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kanga00

Hi, long time DMFA reader, first time forum poster.  This thread looked like fun, so I figured I would register and post.  I hope I don't annoy anyone by sharing.   :shy

Name: Lourayna "Lou-Lou" Farnswurth
Species: Canine, Wolf-Border Collie hybrid, Being
Ht: 6 feet (She's a big girl, what can I say?)
Eyes: Left eye brown, Right eye green
Fur: Black, White, some gray speckling, in border collie pattern, wolf-like in texture. 
Hair: Curly, about shoulder length and chocolate brown. 

Other characteristics: Lou-Lou is a traveling priestess of an order dedicated to a moon goddess in a remote village populated mostly by wolf-type folk.  She is very prone to wanderlust, so her position suits her just fine.  She feels a bit superstitious if she travels without her "lucky" silver crescent moon choker.  She adventures on occasion, but the needs of her order always come first if she has to choose between "work" and "play."  One of her favorite things to do is to lead the "singing" during a full moon service. 

Psy-Kosh

Quote from: Foxfire on March 22, 2009, 04:54:42 PMIf a being, I'd likely end up undead because I don't value death and seeing as it's a fine way to break the aging process better to get it done now rather than when I've shrivelled to nothing!

I approve this message. :)

Hanii Puppy

Probably an angel ... although that may just be the goth in me ... but angel it is :P
Black fur and the build of a Basitin from TwoKinds would be perfect <3

Child of Morpheus, take me to your sweet euphoria. Child of Morpheus, hold me in my dreams. Tranquil angel, falling with no fear of landing. Child of Morpheus, close my eyes for me.

Quote from: Tikki on March 22, 2009, 02:01:05 AM
Quote from: Marmonstein on March 22, 2009, 12:08:51 AM

And what this brings to mind is a Space Ghost quote... Hooks for feet. Eyes made out of wood!

Owwies, splinters >.<

Ragesquid

What I'd want to be, is a 'Cubi lemur. Based on my personality and interests, though..I'd be something that likes to be alone, & is somewhat agressive..a badger, maybe? Most likely an Angel.

Jer-oh-me

Uhm, well... err...

I'd be a squirrel being, possibly with minuscule demonic heritage, as in Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandmother, 4'2 (127cm) slim, 4'5 (131cm) tail bushy, dark markings on the tips of my ears, tail, fingers and toes. Green and Grey eyes, one of each, Grey on the right.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on March 24, 2009, 07:14:26 PM

I'd be 17 again.

Your making a reference to the new Zac Efron (or however you spell his d*** last name... * gets kicked in nuts by fan girl*) movie right?
I'm back, and tired.

Rakyth

Gryphon B with standard shaw job, for some hot rich young misstress he sometimes fantasizes about. Yey contract!

Or an Angel who isn't firin' blanks, with plans of legally owning all of Furrae. Then he'd overthrow the council and be the dictator of the people. Evil in that he will own furrae, good in that he will make Furrae a better place for everyone.....by force.

Tipod

Homo sapiens' where it's at you bustas.

Unless human beings tend to get lynched, in which case it's very far from where it's at :B
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

N-Cat

Heh... They probably do get lynched... BUT NOT IF THEY'RE WEARING MEGA AWESOME MECH SUITS!!!  GO HUMANS IN MECH SUITS!!! THEY BEAT GIANT GRYPHON C MECH SUITS ANY DAY!!!
p.s. Sorry for the all caps.  I was just so excited and could not adequately express my joy.

Sukasa

I wouldn't think that humans would be lynched, at least not by most.  Merlitz has run into a human (twice if you count the patches), and so far the only thing he's said about how survivable for humans Furrae is is that "he thought the theory of how humans died from plagues is incorrect"

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Name: Rayne Chyrouhs(Pronounced high-rose)
Species: Cheetah
Fur: Yellow, black markings
Hair: Golden blonde
Eye colour: Azure
Height: 6'3"
Physique: Thin, but well-built in terms of muscles. Flexible.
Interesting characteristics: Quirky personality, adept at the art of making people wonder whether or not one is being serious or is joking. Eccentric; likes things that look cool, even if there's no practical use for them. (Ex-)Adventurer. Very, very agile.

If it's a character rather than what I'd be, then I'd like to add that there'd be magic-inflicted burn marks along his sides, and feeling is lost in those areas. Not like I'd willingly add those kinds of things to myself, :>
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

N-Cat

IIRC, Merlitz tried to Lynch Dan, and tried to use a fireball to torch the other human.  No?

I forgot to say this earlier.  While living for 100 years, looking like you do now would be great, wouldn't you be depressed when you outlived all your being friends, whether you were undead, dragon, Fae, Demon or 'Cubi?
Assumably most people would be beings, so the percentage of all your friends that were going to die a long time before you would be very high.

Tezkat

Quote from: Psy-Kosh on March 25, 2009, 04:36:45 PM
What's a "shaw job"?

Gryphons in Furrae are commonly employed as a sort of flying rickshaw service. There's a good shot of one in strip 775.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Rafe

Quote from: Foxfire on March 22, 2009, 04:54:42 PM
I always view this as what I would 'want' to be, well what I want to be is a dragon!

Maybe you could work for me.

I'd apparently be a short wallaby who's a talented but distracted writer and editor of the personal ads section of Furrae's newspaper, which is staffed by large, clumsy dragons. 

Oh, and I'd also apparently be a fan of David Hopkins books.
Rafe

llearch n'n'daCorna

... is DeByrus a dragon, or a large winged lizard? I could never figure it out...

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 26, 2009, 07:23:31 PM
... is DeByrus a dragon, or a large winged lizard? I could never figure it out...

My guess is a winged lizard mythos. Going by Pyroduck's example, they generally shift between uber-sized-dragon and being, rather than a miniature-dragon state.

Edit: Wait, are you talking about the lizard-guy in that above image, or that dragon that had gotten fraternity-pranked and subsequently married?
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on March 27, 2009, 08:37:07 AM
Edit: Wait, are you talking about the lizard-guy in that above image, or that dragon that had gotten fraternity-pranked and subsequently married?

That lizard guy is DeByrus. The dragon was Burasi, and married Brian Nickel (see #598).

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E