[Art] Arroyo's Artz and Craftz (as of 2/26/11) This is still here?)

Started by Arroyo Milori, March 16, 2009, 05:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arroyo Milori

Muscle practice sketch-Arroyo

Just a practice sketch I did, mostly for muscles in the arms. Yes Arroyo isn't suppose to be very muscular so I tried to give him scrawny arms. : 3

Expect another picture soon.

Kipiru

Hmm, you can get away with that look for a skinny guy, but you will eventually have to draw muscles exceeding your own  :mowwink My suggestion is, try drawing bodybuilder boddies- with more or less detail, just to get the feeling of the flow of human muscles and build on that afterwards(that's how I learned).

Arroyo Milori

Arroyo Milori

Yet another sprite sample sheet
I reamped some of my sprites horray~ I even gotten around to spriting Nico (AKA Nole but I decied to call him Nico now)
Some...kind of practice sketch of Arroyo I guess...
I wasn't really sure what I was trying to do with this picture but I had to draw something and well...here it is... funny how a bored mind can influence your pictures eh?

Gabi

Nice sprites! The Arroyo and Tierra sprites look cute. :3 And the Arroyo sketch has a scary grin.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Arroyo Milori

Art trades and Requests are now open due to Summer time. Requests tend to be in sketch form while Art trades are done in color, if requested in color. Just PM me or contact me through any messenger if anyone is interested : 3

Arroyo Milori

Tierra's Delicious Melons (Remade and colored)

I'm a bit disappointed in this one for some odd reason...maybe because I'm still not used to coloring my work or that I'm too harsh on myself...

Kipiru

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on June 13, 2009, 07:39:45 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in this one for some odd reason...maybe because I'm still not used to coloring my work or that I'm too harsh on myself...

I'd go with the second- the coloring is good! Nice picture altogether!

Arroyo Milori

Arroyo's 2009 ref. sheet

So I actually got around to making another ref. sheet of Arroyo. It's a bit better than the last one, which is good but it doesn't display enough information but I sized it down to the important details. So basically your getting half the information of Arroyo from this but if you ask I might give you all of it.

I do love his expression, I wanted to make his eyes look kind of mello'd out and make it look like hes daydreaming, in which I kind of succeed I guess.

I believe it has been three years since I first created Arroyo and tweaked his information here and there (And sometimes his looks!) and I'm still proud of how this character came out and glad to call him my fursona. X3

Arroyo Milori

Gaia Headshot doodle

Kind of bored and I wanted to draw something slightly different so here it is. I even practiced a bit with my pencil shading on this as well. It came out kind of good ('I'm not sure about the hat though... What took the longest was the eyes and the muzzle...but hey it's just practice so might as well experiment a bit.

Mao

Your link is broken. :S 

I managed to go to your gallery and view the picture anyway though.

Only beef I have with this one is that the muzzle feels off.  The majority of the face is level, and then the muzzle just shoots down.  Also, the face seems to be at a 3/4 turn but there's no line showing where the muzzle juts out from the center of the face, so it all looks like it's merged.  The shading you've done helps with this quite a bit, but might not be enough in this case.

Either way, it's a cute picture and it's good that you're doing different things.  Try as much as you can and see what works.  This looks like a great practice piece.  :3

Arroyo Milori

Arroyo Milori

The Wittle Matyrian

It's one of those "Not my best work but it will do" kind of pictures. I'm probably being harsh to myself again. D : Though I am happy with the background : >

WhiteFox

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on July 03, 2009, 11:36:39 AMThough I am happy with the background : >

You should be, too. It looks good.

The shading on the building in the foreground could stand a little more definition, tho. A bit of ambient shadow below the ledge might do it.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

Fixed the shading in the latest picture. Hopefully everyone can see Devyn clearly now. : 3

Arroyo Milori

Devyn Sketch

This one I took a bit more time on just to try different ways of drawing certain parts of him (arms, scythe and snout to be exact) but I'm unsure if I should go and color it...

Kipiru

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on July 18, 2009, 03:01:18 PM
Devyn Sketch

This one I took a bit more time on just to try different ways of drawing certain parts of him (arms, scythe and snout to be exact) but I'm unsure if I should go and color it...

Color it  :mowwink

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arroyo Milori

Moonlit Patrol

Something feels a bit off about this picture, can't put my finger on it. Maybe I'm just expecting too much out of myself again. At least it came out decent. C :

Now that this picture is out of the way, time to open up requests! Requests tend to be just plain sketches (which IMO look better than my digital counterparts) and art trades get the digital remakes. Though I'm going have to ask for very good references from the people whom will request. : 3

WhiteFox

Very sharp.

The shading kind of makes him drop into the background, though.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

Double the update! DOUBLE THE FUN! 83

Arroyo Milori practice sketch
The pose for this came out great, and I wanted to draw him in a different outfit other than the usual buttoned up shirt. Though I wish that the facial expression was a bit better...or didn't look so weird.

Drawliet Law practice sketch
Yup, one of these days I will draw something human. To be honest i absolutely dread drawing humans. I always have a good design for a human (or something that looks human) in my head but then I actually start to draw it, I start to cry on how much it doesn't look a thing like what I want it to look like. I was close on Drawliet, Perhaps a wilder look will fit his personality, and his abilities. 

BUt something feels seriously wrong with this picture, I know it has to do with the face, I just can't seem to find it. This always happens when I draw humans. DX

WhiteFox

If I might suggest...

(15 Sec diagram)

Something to consider: The jaw and the cheekbone. When facing straight on, the corner of the jaw determines the shape of the face, and that lines up with the mouth in terms of height (which is how you've drawn it here). However, when the head is turned slightly the shape of the face is determined by the cheekbone, which is much higher up. (On my alteration here, the corner of the chin comes up to the same height of the cheek bone because of the viewing angle and the tilt of the head)

The center of the chin, mouth, and nose all line up. It's pretty common in anime to push the mouth away from the edge of the face. Something to consider, though, is that even if the center of the chin lines up with the center of the face, it still has some width. That means that the corner of the chin won't line up with the centerline of the face if the head is turned.

Also: when the head is turned, usually the neck lines up with the back of the head.

And let me add: That is a damn fine looking nose. Nostrils are f'ckin' hard. Well done.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 29, 2009, 07:35:14 PM
If I might suggest...

(15 Sec diagram)

Something to consider: The jaw and the cheekbone. When facing straight on, the corner of the jaw determines the shape of the face, and that lines up with the mouth in terms of height (which is how you've drawn it here). However, when the head is turned slightly the shape of the face is determined by the cheekbone, which is much higher up. (On my alteration here, the corner of the chin comes up to the same height of the cheek bone because of the viewing angle and the tilt of the head)

The center of the chin, mouth, and nose all line up. It's pretty common in anime to push the mouth away from the edge of the face. Something to consider, though, is that even if the center of the chin lines up with the center of the face, it still has some width. That means that the corner of the chin won't line up with the centerline of the face if the head is turned.

Also: when the head is turned, usually the neck lines up with the back of the head.

And let me add: That is a damn fine looking nose. Nostrils are f'ckin' hard. Well done.
Everything is noted and I kind of fixed the drawing. Though I am not going to bother to rescan it. : <

Also requests are still open and art trades, incase anyone missed the memo.

Arroyo Milori

Down by the River

Just trying to get some practice done, I know the legs look a bit weird and the water doesn't look all that great, but I'm just merely practicing backgrounds, different kinds of tones, and poses. :3

Arroyo Milori

What Tierra wants (Sketch/ slightly NSFW)

I recommend you don't look too hard to see why it's slightly NSFW, oh aren't I a silly lwittle lion~

And yes, I am planning on coloring this soon.

Lysander

TytajLucheek

Kipiru

Can't wait to see it colored- and yes, I saw why it's almost NSFW. Dig in harder with the eraser next time  :mowwink

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Kipiru on August 14, 2009, 03:20:13 PM
Can't wait to see it colored- and yes, I saw why it's almost NSFW. Dig in harder with the eraser next time  :mowwink
That was done on purpose, and surprisingly, most people didn't see it quickly at first until I warned them not to look too hard. >:3

Sneaky Arroyo Icon

Just some practice I did for digital coloring before I tackle any bigger pictures. :3 If anyone wants an icon like this, just ask.

Arroyo Milori

Steampunkish Arroyo

Eh, I wanted to do a quick pencil shading sketch, so I did. : 3 I'm also trying to mess around with clothing designs too. I might do Citrine next.

Sprocketsdance

oooooooooo. What's he holding in his hand? o.O looks.. raven-ish