Weekly webcast #004 Para Para Isaac (Link to recording posted!)

Started by Balade, March 01, 2009, 07:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balade

Amber is trying to die (  :< ) on the webcast, come by and listen to hallucinagenic hyjinks, and send her money?

More Dead Space and Ratchet & Clank tonight.

*Time Expired*

The broadcast is over for the night, If you missed it I will post a link to the clips of tonight's airing soon!
http://www.justin.tv/clip/79681ac0f165c03e 004 JAVGW - Para Para Isaac

See you there!
Best Regards,
Balades_Wife (aka Troll 2, Spice and Val)

techmaster-glitch

geeze, where are you people? They need more viewers!

Raiettei

There really aren't that many peoples there... seriously!

Jairus

I'd love to watch guys, I really would, but I've got to write an essay that compares Lilliput to Brobdingnag in the form of a sort of travel brochure. Maybe next week.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Raiettei

Jairus

It could certainly be worse. And hey, I could be identifying some problem Swift had with his society at the time and then designing a Utopia that somehow corrects it, while also noting how Swift attempts to solve it (in Swift's case, usually by making it look ridiculous or finding that a bunch of talking horses think it's stupid).
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

The webcast is, at this stage, more or less complete. Yay!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ted Schiller

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 01, 2009, 08:02:40 PM
geeze, where are you people? They need more viewers!

Sleeping, most likely.
Salmon patties and mashed potatoes make a good breakfast, by the way.  :)

With regards,
Ted

AmigaDragon

The last time I saw someone post a webcast link here, all I saw was some kind of virtual photoshoot or something like that.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Symphony No. 29 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

it's usually at http://www.justin.tv/balade - obviously, that's not valid most of the time, and when there's nothing going on, the site delivers some vague pastiches of either previous shorts or adverts - I couldn't tell, myself.

In between delivering Amber's podcasts to the world, that link also provides other gaming webcasts, and if you sign up, it'll email you when one starts, so you can watch people making a fool of themselves online.

And if you sign up, you can log in and chat, which lets you make snarky comments some three or four minutes late, that won't be seen by the talkers for another three or four minutes at least, because they're not watching. Lots of fun!

AmigaDragon

Kinda like when I'm IM chatting with one of the KWKAT DJs, takes a minute or two for what they're saying/playing to get through the stream buffer, so that what I say is 1-2 minutes delayed from when they said something. If I'm lucky, the buffer delay is under a half minute. At least they're in IM too so that side can have instant responses back and forth.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Balade

The link is always valid, however when we are not webcasting live it defaults to a playlist i filled up with some game trailers (I have to add more sometime...) Sooner or later i'll add more random clips from the show (since we're only on our forth show there's  not a whole lot of "memorable moments" to fill up our clips with.

The length of the delay in webcasting varies, we could have a few minutes or less of a lag going on depending on how long you watch, the longer you're watching the stream continuously the longer the accumulated lag will be. Not much we can do about this now. As for the chat, I tend to be the one playing most of the time so I can't really watch the chatroom from across the room. So whenever I get a chance I usually try and comment which ends in either Amber or my wife assuming i'm spouting random gibber at them e.e;

Mao

Eh, I thought it was amusing when you did stop to read it... though you have this amazing tendency to only catch odd bits out of context.. which only made it funnier.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Balade on March 02, 2009, 02:14:26 PM
The length of the delay in webcasting varies, we could have a few minutes or less of a lag going on depending on how long you watch, the longer you're watching the stream continuously the longer the accumulated lag will be. Not much we can do about this now. As for the chat, I tend to be the one playing most of the time so I can't really watch the chatroom from across the room. So whenever I get a chance I usually try and comment which ends in either Amber or my wife assuming i'm spouting random gibber at them e.e;

I did note that some folks seemed to have somewhat less delay than I did. I wondered what was going on with that. ;-]

Lisky

... i had 2 good snarky comments commented on last night...  the laser pointer was answered on pretty immediately... but then again, that could have been dumb luck...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Balade

First they learn to dodge, then they learn to use laser pointers! I swear if i ever get my hands on the 3d model for Isaac i will furiously work to rig it so that i can do Para Para and Caramel Dansen Isaac...

A couple of times i tried to read back and see if i could figure out what people were talking about to no real avail.

llearch n'n'daCorna

hehehe.

I guess we need to put what we're responding to in the commentary, then.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Balade on March 02, 2009, 02:14:26 PM
The length of the delay in webcasting varies, we could have a few minutes or less of a lag going on depending on how long you watch, the longer you're watching the stream continuously the longer the accumulated lag will be.

If the playback is at the same rate as the recording, how can the delay increase with longer viewing? The only causes I can think of would be lags in playback (not enough bandwidth) or playing back at a slightly (or more) lower rate than the recording.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop (1957) (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show - KWKAT)
via FoxyTunes

Arcblade

The movies on the recording load really slow.  Therefore, I watched the first one and called it good enough. 

Balade

The playback has a few little hiccups here and there, which accumulate overtime so eventually after about 4-5 hours of webcasting you get a bit of a delay acrued. As for the slow loading of the clips, it has been an ongoing issue with JTV, even in the archives it sometimes has trouble loading. So it's probably more a problem with JTV's DNS server.

llearch n'n'daCorna

webserver, not dns server.

The DNS server only gets requested once, which is when you open the site. As long as the rest of the page loads, it shouldn't need to re-request - or if it does, it'll be cached by the local DNS server.

The webserver, if overloaded, can drop packets. If that happens to be the first packet opening the link, then it sits there until it times out and sends another one. This can delay the opening of the connection for 10-30 seconds, depending on the precise timeouts (I'd have to look them up).

I'd say the latter is, in my experience, more appropriate to explain the behaviour experienced.

just my 2p.

Arcblade

I've more or less given up.  It was taking half an hour at a time to load the videos.  By that time, I'd forgotten what was happening, and had gotten busy with something else, like homework. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Generally that depends on your end, not the server, Arc. Above a certain minimal point, the server will cope just fine.

And since it works for lots of others (where "lots" is the 15 or so people in the channel during the casts. Admittedly not a huge number, but...) I'm inclined to point the finger at your link.

A quick poke at mtr suggests that wvfiber, your upstream, are shite. YMMV, and subject to change over time, etc.

Lucheek

Amber Williams

Well the webcast will sometimes start whenever everyone gets on and we just putter about. But usually the official "we start talking about anything noteworthy" tends to happen around 6PM ESTish give or take an hour. 

Usually it tends to start in the afternoon with random games and chattering and then I make a post when we are about to get going for real real.