[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Arroyo Milori

Jairus

I think I'm gonna back out of this to round. The next month or two are gonna be tight, and I may not have the time or energy to work on stuff. But have fun everyone! I'll see you in twenty one one.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Aisha deCabre

I'm afraid I'm backing out for a while again too. ^^;  I don't have much of a drawing/coloring muse.  I may get back again when I get struck though.

Also, Whitefox, glad that the gift was liked. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Merlin

Ooh, I've been lurking far too much, but I've been waiting for another round of this to start. I'd love to be in the next round, whenever that ends up being!

Gabi

So far we have... Basilisk?, WhiteFox, Arroyo and Merlin. I'll wait for a few more people to sign up, and I hope those who still owe gifts will post them soon.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Chairtastic

Lisky

i'm in, yes :3... having a lot of drawing muse... so ya... having some focus from someone else would be fun :3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

rhyfe2002

Huh.. is this thing still open? If so I don't mind joining in (although someone probably has to poke me now and then to remind me that I participated in the first place :P )

Gabi

Yes, it is! You know what? Let's start the new round on Tuesday. You all have tomorrow to nudge more people and get them to join. ^_^

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Inumo

If I remember right, the round lasts for 4 weeks, which'll means ending after November... Count me in!

Arroyo Milori

I'm still in. I found it weird that we haven't had this topic going for awhile XD;

Gabi

Sorry, I was waiting for more members to join and I've been too busy to nudge them myself.

WhiteFox

I'm still on board... I'll see if I can crack a whip or two, though.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Faerie Alex

I can be a bit random sometimes in terms of what'll actually get me off my ass (metaphorically, I draw sitting down) and get to work. On the bright side, I've finally gotten Meany's gift in.

Linky~

So...yeah. My comments about the drawing itself are on FA. Additionally, as I was informed that I might be allowed to enter the next round if I posted this, I'd like to state that I'll be opting out. I'm disappointed in myself for never being on time, and I'd rather not keep putting myself in this position. Maybe I'll come back some other time, but right now, I doubt it. At least for a while yet.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Gabi

OK, then. The participants for the new round are: WhiteFox, Arroyo Milori, Merlin, Meany, Basilisk, rhyfe2002, Corgatha Taldorthar, Inumo. The deadline for gift submission is Tuesday, 21st of December, also known as the Summer/Winter solstice depending on which side of the Equator you're on. Get your muses working, and have fun! :D

Gabi

The first questions are in!

Basilisk's gifter is asking for the usual: references, anything specific he wants. And if he wants a rather serious drawing or something silly.

Inumo's gifter is asking for character info: the usual, description, bio, personality, etc.

By the way, everyone should also know that they're free to post references or notes about what they want in their gifts without waiting for specific questions. Just in case it wasn't clear.

Inumo

I'm doing that. :P Hm, I took too long writing. XP Anyways, the two options I'll mention, since I think they're easiest, are Tamtio aka Tam and Rea.

Tamtio has moss-green eyes, standing at about 6' 2" and weighing ~180 lbs. He's well muscled, wears a blue-gray robe with black pants on underneath, and brown leather shoes. He instinctively keeps his wings hidden, so it takes a lot of concentration to make them show up, though they stay visible so long as he wants them there. He's a benevolent person, but should he feel that he or someone he cares for is threatened, he will start with intimidation, then violence. This is probably more info than you need, but never hurts to give it all.

The same amount of information is on the link I gave to you for Rea. I have two other drawings of her, one without the character sheet stuff and one that's just a sketch; I'll link if you want, though they're both in my gallery. As it stands, I have also been given two other versions of Rea, one where she's apparently self-medicating her psychic powers through drugs (no offense intended for the original artist), and another where she's rather grown up and sorrowful after seeing the future and all the awful things that she can't seem to prevent. At least, this is how I'm working them into her backstory. :P

Finally, if neither option really appeals to you for whatever reason, feel free to go through my dA gallery and pick something from there, or just ask and I'll yoink a couple of characters outta my noggin.

I don't really care what format of art you want to do; traditional, sprite, modeling, poetry, prose... Whatever you pick, above all, just have fun!

Gabi

Heh. You did that, but at about the same time as your gifter sent me the question. :P

Gabi

Question for Merlin ahead.
"Do you have any references?  Or perhaps a description of who/what you want for your gift?"

Merlin

Quote from: Gabi on November 23, 2010, 02:56:52 PM
Question for Merlin ahead.
"Do you have any references?  Or perhaps a description of who/what you want for your gift?"

Oof, now to decide! P:

OK... either one of these suckers would be nice:

Peony Talisman - Reference montage I guess!
Peony's pretty much constantly slinging around illusions to make herself look like whatever random furry- cat, dog, bird, yeah you get the picture. Sometimes she disguises herself as a dude, but usually not. Her build and hairstyle constantly change, but she's got some obvious features she's way too stuck-up to hide. Her hair and markings are always the same hue, but the hair is always a darker shade than the markings. Her eyes are usually a random hue. The rest of her fur is always white.
She usually has notches on the top or bottom of her ears.
Her markings are usually pretty similar to what's on the aqua mouse/yellow rabbit in the ref link there. But sometimes she changes them around, like with the muzzle and hands on the blue zebra or the messed-up shoulder markings on sevvveral of the other images. Consistency... not my strong point. Anyway, her leg markings are the same as her arm ones.

So pretty much... any critter with those markings and a single colour P:

Drake Piperion - Generic character page gooooo
Drake is blue... she uh, usually wears skimpy clothing in reds and yellows, or browns. She likes to keep her longass hair tied up in a ponytail. Her horns are a pain in the ass to draw. P:
I guess here's one of her in a comic, so you can see she has light blue palms and brown eyes. And talks too much, geez.

And if you needed to know anything character-wise? Both of these guys are big jerks who are utterly full of themselves. Pretty much all Peony does is contemplate how great she is, and Drake is cranky most of the time.

Gabi

Question for Corgatha Taldorthar... "Is there a particular character, characters or scene you want me to draw, and can you provide references and/or descriptions?"

Lisky

Really, any of my characters would work... Bas is the most obvious choice, as there's the most art of him... however, if you'd like to try someone/thing different

Aleyna - Female Demon (red fox): Slender build, with a very well maintained image, Aleyna appears more like a high-class socialite than a demon-warrior.  Her bright orange, cream, red and black color scheme makes her easy to spot, and her usual choice of clothing tends towards form-fitting and utilitarian.

She has relatively sharp features, Black ear tips, black "mittens" and "boots"  Her belly is a cream-toned off-white. Her overcoat (back and sides) are a bright reddish-orange.  She has large wings, which are a deeper red, with a hint of orange.  The bone-lines are outlined in black.

Ed: Incubus Leopard:  Athletic, agile, roguish.  There are several references of Ed X3

Magic's: http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/1266076671halfdoctor_basileppng.jpg
Mew's: http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/EdOops.jpg

Darkshine: (human/feline hybrid, leopard) Very tall, predatory, vicious, and almost always seen in his armor...
WhiteFox: http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Darkshine.png
Lucheek: http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k295/lucheek/Mechaleopard.png
FSharp: http://www.panicepisode.com/fanartgallery/gallery/fanart/images/darkshine.png

There are other characters as well... these are just ones who are somewhat more well known X3

As for your question of serious or silly... i'm fine with either X3

Gabi

More standard questions, this time from Meany's gifter. "Who/what would Meany like me to draw, does she have any reference pictures, etc, etc. =P"

And from Arroyo's gifter... "This is the obligatory, 'which character would you like to have prose/poems written about?' question.  With a few splashes of 'would you like prose or poetry?' and 'any particular literary elements, like perspective, or pacing you would like to see?'  All that good stuff. :D"

Corgatha Taldorthar

The only real character I have is Corgatha, whom I had a character sheet of here.

A number of reference pictures. 1 2

He's originally a Wheel of Time set character, if you could draw him in something from that setting, it'd be perfect, but if you can't, any sort of scene is really fine.

Uhm, if you don't like to draw humans, gimme another buzz, and I'll think of something. I do have a few ancillary characters that I could dust off, but I'd need to go find my notes for them. TBH though, I'm not really all that picky.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Gabi

To WhiteFox, from his gifter.
"Heyo person to whom I'm arting. In addition to any subjects, themes, characters, etc you'd like me to involve, I'd like to know whether you'd like written or visual art."

...And there is a lucky participant whose gift is already in! :mowgrin

Chairtastic

Hmmm.

I do have a character I'd like to see arted up.  He's a DnD character, so pardon my geek. :P

Sszeyl, a Drow Monk; he looks to be a teenager, since Drow age much slower than normal people. :P  Nearly bald, except for a length of hair on the part of his skull which connects to the spine.  Slim, blacked skinned like all drow, green eyes, a glow in the dark purple tattoo of this, on his right shoulder, along with multiple others tracing the veins in the right arm.  His clothes are a long purple and gray body wrap for the upper body simple black pants and sandals for the lower.  A sketch of him has been done by Liatai, here.  Danman/VAE did a full drawing of him once, but I appear to have lost the link, so check back here every once in a while to see if I've found it.

If you don't like doing humanoids of this type, I can give you someone else to art. :P

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Gabi on November 25, 2010, 07:12:40 AM
And from Arroyo's gifter... "This is the obligatory, 'which character would you like to have prose/poems written about?' question.  With a few splashes of 'would you like prose or poetry?' and 'any particular literary elements, like perspective, or pacing you would like to see?'  All that good stuff. :D"

I actually can't really imagine any of my characters having a poem or a prose about them, seeing I'm still trying to develop them into better characters. That and I really don't have enough information out there that can be looked up just by reading old journal entries or artworks I keep on my art accounts on DA and FA, more reason why I encourage people to ask questions.

I wouldn't mind getting a poem or a prose, but the only problem I have with it is which character to choose to have the poem be about?

If your going to write one for one of them, might I recommend ether Arroyoor Tierra?