02/14/09 [DMFA #971] - You!

Started by Cogidubnus, February 13, 2009, 11:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Perhaps this is universe compensating, one women becomes interested in him so the next women has to hate him.

notes: when a topic is moved to the abandoned mine the posts in it cease to exist on a individual post counter, curious..
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

inuhanyo

Quote from: Meech on February 13, 2009, 11:46:07 PM
I can't tell if the look on Dan's face is fear or anger.  Regina hit him and then ran off screaming.  That seems to me to be the reaction of a woman scorned.  Maybe she is Dan's ex?
Word of god (ie. Amber), no.

It's the reaction of a Demoness who just had a surprise meeting with a mortal enemy, whom she rightly fears.  Regina is about Dan's age.  Dan has killed Aliph Soulstealer, more than once, who was over seven hundred years old.  Regina is treating Dan as a dangerous enemy, because he is.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 09:00:57 AM
It's the reaction of a Demoness who just had a surprise meeting with a mortal enemy, whom she rightly fears.  Regina is about Dan's age.  Dan has killed Aliph Soulstealer, more than once, who was over seven hundred years old.  Regina is treating Dan as a dangerous enemy, because he is.

She also believes that Dan is acting as an emissary.  Bottling the one who gets to decide the face of your Uncle's soul is a seriously bad breach of etiquette.
If you're right about Regina being dead scared of him, panic may well have overtaken reason, of course but it's a stunningly poor move all the same.  I have to wonder what Devin will think.

Will seeing Dan with a bleeding face be sufficient to remind Fi to fetch Abel?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Akisohida

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 09:00:57 AM
Quote from: Meech on February 13, 2009, 11:46:07 PM
I can't tell if the look on Dan's face is fear or anger.  Regina hit him and then ran off screaming.  That seems to me to be the reaction of a woman scorned.  Maybe she is Dan's ex?
Word of god (ie. Amber), no.

And methinks Dan is the reason her wing is bone after she nearly killed Wildy-San.

..I wonder if Dan is going to pull the 'Swords out of nowhere' trick without thinking about it that Abel showed him back at SAIA.

Also, look at Dans feet, that looks like a running pose; one foot up, the other on the front of the foot. He's already taking off after her.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tiger_T

Regina isn't undead and the state of her wing is mainly a fashion statement. Go and read her cast page if you don't believe me.

Okay. Back on topic.
I wonder if they'll end up in the kitchen, if Kria will interfere, what Devin will think and/or if Fi will ever be able to have a quiet moment... :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

inuhanyo

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2009, 09:10:39 AM
She also believes that Dan is acting as an emissary. 
I doubt that Regina has had any time to think about that, things have suddenly started to happen too fast.

And when she does; "Crap, the Cubi didn't send just anyone, they sent Aliph's slayer to do the negotiating."  Heh, if the whole "Cubi emissary" thing wasn't a misunderstanding, that would have been viciously clever.

Quote from: Akisohida on February 14, 2009, 09:13:24 AM
..I wonder if Dan is going to pull the 'Swords out of nowhere' trick without thinking about it that Abel showed him back at SAIA.

Also, looks at Dans feet, that looks like a running pose; one foot up, the other on the front of the foot. He's already taking off after her.
Possibly, Dan can already 'draw' ridiculously large swords from underneath his clothing, and Alexsi's cast page says Alexsi's ability to draw her mallet out of nowhere is similar to Dan's trick with his swords.  Wonder who taught them that?

And, yeah, Dan's already started to give chase.  And not all of the broken class has finished falling yet, though the tray is on the floor.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on February 14, 2009, 09:39:37 AM
Possibly, Dan can already 'draw' ridiculously large swords from underneath his clothing, and Alexsi's cast page says Alexsi's ability to draw her mallet out of nowhere is similar to Dan's trick with his swords.  Wonder who taught them that?
If that's not a rhetorical question, my money's on Destania.

Sunblink

Wow.

This was the best Valentine's Day comic I have ever seen. :3 Put a smile on my face, it did.

Suitably hilarious, as well. In a face-maiming sort of way. Poor Dan. Regina has awful tantrums.

Turnsky

nothing like a serving tray to the face to show how much you care.  :boogie

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Angel

Violence, face-blood, Kria, memories, and the desire to either kill someone or horribly maim them.

(siiiiigh) How romantic~  :love3

Happy Valentines Day, everybody!

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

rt

Ouch! And it seems a fine V-Day comic to me as well, sometimes that is just the way it goes  :)

Sofox

Quote from: Jairus on February 14, 2009, 01:59:30 AM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on February 14, 2009, 01:55:39 AM
I don't even know what Dan may have done to deserve that, but I don't like this--this is Abel's Story-type stuff now....  I just wonder where it's going to go from here....
"You dumped me, and all I did was try to kill my rival for your affections!"

Sorry, that leaped into my head.

Why apologise, that seems to fit Regina's motivations perfectly.
Although I doubt they were an item (not just because Amber says so), more likely Dan refused to return Regina's feeling (because, you know, she's a psycho), and Regina got all huffy about being spurned. Not 100% sure where nearly killing Wildy comes into it (if it does) but keep in mind we're dealing with a creature (pun intended) who seems to have a blatant disregard to being life.
Also, keep in mind the previous comics: Regina seems incredibly close minded and petty, it doesn't look like it takes much to make her take grave exception to something.

Tapewolf

I am vaguely curious to know what the "Regina's Story" people have to say about this strip...

Agika

Quote from: starcat5 on February 14, 2009, 12:06:58 AM
Wow! This is the most epically thematically appropriate Broken Heart's Day comic I have read in quite some time. :heart

Quote from: SuaveIV on February 14, 2009, 06:46:37 AM
Best Singles Awareness Day comic EVER!

You guys have some awesome alternate names for V-Day :3.

And yes, I think it's righteously awesome that this ended up being a V-day comic.   Ooooops :P.

M

Dan looks plain ol' MAD in the first panel. Can't wait to see what he's going to do.  :eager

Pagan

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2009, 12:35:23 PM
I am vaguely curious to know what the "Regina's Story" people have to say about this strip...

That I want to read it even more now.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I see Dan has been served.

Amber, this is all Win, as several people have said, regarding being Valentine's Day. Perhaps we'll see another massacre... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Joe3210

Amber is pretty good at the cosmic irony thing.  If this isn't a Valentine's Day strip, what is?
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

inuhanyo

Thinking about it, Regina has done Dan several favors by hitting him with the tray.

• She eliminated any inhibitions he had about attacking her, because he is Kria's guest.  As Tapewolf pointed out, Dan is now perfectly justified in counter attacking.
  • She just gave him a boost.  (Pain makes me stronger. Anybody's pain, including my own.)
  • "... you get the most out of your abilities when in combat and when you are doing the right thing for the good of many..."
Quote from: Marmonstein on February 14, 2009, 01:15:24 PM
Dan looks plain ol' MAD in the first panel. Can't wait to see what he's going to do.  :eager

And he looks downright furious in the last one.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 14, 2009, 09:10:39 AM
Will seeing Dan with a bleeding face be sufficient to remind Fi to fetch Abel?

Hmmm, maybe.  "I've instructed Fi to come and get me if Dan should go off and do something very stupid and dangerous."

It depends on how it appears to Fi:
(scenario)
Regina bursts into the kitchen. "Hide me!"
Devin: "What?"
Regina: "Daniel Ti'Fiona is here!"
(moments later, Dan breaks down the door, obviously enraged, face scratched up, possibly holding a sword)
"Where is she?"

Dangerous to whom?  :mwaha

Alterationartist

I have one very powerful word to describe this...

DAAAYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMwut!

(Also seeing the title and it's timing in the comic):

She cranked his Soulja Boy. (WTF is that supposed to mean?!)
Round 9!

Howl

Quote from: Kipiru on February 14, 2009, 03:35:46 AM
Quote from: Minishear on February 14, 2009, 03:08:38 AM
Really, I'd rather Dan/Mab.

*Prepares Flame Shield*

I really think that ship has sailed- it kind of feels like the whole Harry/ Hermione delusion- it just won't be!

Personal Preference, kthxbai.

I am curious to see what happens next... duh.

MT Hazard

I notice Kira mentions the internet, I think I'd been driven mad trying to keep up with modern progress living as long as her, several centuries of virtual no technological progress then BAM! You hit the industrial revolution and everything's changing every five minutes.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Akisohida

I wonder what will happen on 50% Off Chocolate Day (That is to say, tomorrow)? Will Fi fetch Abel and Abel see Devin and all hell break loose-er?! Naw, the comic would probably end with Fi blinking to Abel but not bringing Abel back yet, if that were the case. :P
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

joshofspam

One thing that I have been wondering is with his mind focused on the the cubi emotions that he's more in tuned with will we see a lot more cubi trait attacks in the coming battle?

I know his wings may react to his mood and have focused once on a annoying drake. But will we see other trait? Like miss fired spell and maybe ill thought out transformation?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

rabid_fox

Everyone else is far too clued in on relationships and characters compared to me.

Oh dear.

TGIF

Other than Dan's one panel flashback and this arc, have we seen Regina before?

Howl

Quote from: TGIF on February 14, 2009, 11:25:51 PM

The probable thing is Dan expects Regina to say that when Regina finds out he's an incubus.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: TGIF on February 14, 2009, 11:25:51 PM

Only in the Wallpaper War, that I'm aware of.

And I'm glad she didn't win that because she's so whiny and "I hate the world" and all that....  :P

inuhanyo

Quote from: Minishear on February 14, 2009, 11:49:17 PM
The probable thing is Dan expects Regina to say that when Regina finds out he's an incubus.
Unless she becomes outright terrified of him, which might be even worse, from Dan's point of view.   

If Regina knows enough to understand the implications of heads on a cubi's wing tentacles...  She has reason to be scared of him as it is, after all. As her cast page puts it "... she comes across as reckless and likely to get herself killed easily by random adventurers."   Dan, on the other hand, is an experienced, competent, and retired adventurer.   He is out of her league. Aliph had over seven hundred years on her and Dan killed him.  At least twice.  So just as a Being adventurer, Dan out classes her.   Nevermind being an incubus.

Quote from: joshofspam on February 14, 2009, 07:48:08 PM
One thing that I have been wondering is with his mind focused on the the cubi emotions that he's more in tuned with will we see a lot more cubi trait attacks in the coming battle?

I know his wings may react to his mood and have focused once on a annoying drake. But will we see other trait? Like miss fired spell and maybe ill thought out transformation?
Dan has avoided even trying to use magic since a certain unpleasant experience in his childhood.  Which is why he has no clan mark.  So, spells, I seriously doubt it.

He has been trying very hard to not be a cubi, but it is possible that under the stress of battle his control might slip.   So headwings and wing tentacles, maybe.  Anything else would have to be deliberate though.

Starcat5

Quote from: Alterationartist on February 14, 2009, 02:24:10 PM
She cranked his Soulja Boy. (WTF is that supposed to mean?!)

I only know Soulja Boy as that poser who challenged the internet, and when The Internet (http://www.screwattack.com/) responded, tried to back out.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah