Axis Powers Hetalia

Started by Fex, January 19, 2009, 04:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 27, 2009, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: Valynth on January 27, 2009, 04:57:05 PM
*tries a shot in the dark*

Croatia?

At the time, wasn't it Croatia-Herzegovina? Although I'm informed that the country as such never really existed, since it's all in the mind, you know...

Don't be dissin' mah homie-land llearch. >:[  :V  :lol

The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Tezkat

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 26, 2009, 05:27:21 PM
For anime fans: Thank to tvtropes, I have learned that Axis Powers Hetalia will have an anime.

The most important part is that America is voiced by the same person who did Kamina, of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann fame.

That is all.

The first ep of the anime "aired" a few days ago. It's already been fansubbed, if anyone's interested. :3 It's only like 5 minutes long though...

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Robbychu

All I care about is that America is Kamina. That means we're offically awesome. :U

Azumanga Daioh was originally aired in approx. five minute segments, and Kogepan episodes aren't much more then five minutes long. It's not extremely unusual.
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Mao

While I haven't had the chance to really get a good look at the series, I already get the sneaking suspicion that Canada-kun is going to be portrayed as a weakling who lives under America-kun.  Every shot I see of this series so far has him in the background behind America or having his hair tousled  by him and he seems to have a teddy bear in his possession at all times.  I really hope that isn't how we're portrayed throughout the manga/anime.

Tezkat

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 29, 2009, 01:37:59 PM
While I haven't had the chance to really get a good look at the series, I already get the sneaking suspicion that Canada-kun is going to be portrayed as a weakling who lives under America-kun.  Every shot I see of this series so far has him in the background behind America or having his hair tousled  by him and he seems to have a teddy bear in his possession at all times.  I really hope that isn't how we're portrayed throughout the manga/anime.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes in the manga. Best I can tell, Canada isn't even in the anime. He's not on the cast page, at any rate. Maybe they just forgot about us (the way everyone does in the manga...). :animesweat

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Mao

Yeah I noticed his absence on the anime cast page.  I haven't gotten around to reading the manga (only viewed a few pages)  but so far I was a little disappointed by that.  Ah well, I won't let my patriotism ruin what looks to be a decent series.

Fex

Quote from: Tezkat on January 28, 2009, 11:39:29 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on January 26, 2009, 05:27:21 PM
For anime fans: Thank to tvtropes, I have learned that Axis Powers Hetalia will have an anime.

The most important part is that America is voiced by the same person who did Kamina, of Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann fame.

That is all.

The first ep of the anime "aired" a few days ago. It's already been fansubbed, if anyone's interested. :3 It's only like 5 minutes long though...

do you maybe have a link to where we can watch the anime? if it is on that site can you make a link directly to it ... I can't read the site ^^''

Robbychu

YouTube is an amazing thing. :U

ALSO, CANADIANS: Don't worry about it too much; America is portrayed as a food-obsessed idiotic attention whore who thinks of England. I think being invisible is better then being a borderline 'tard. :B
THIS POST WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY ALL CAPS. :)

Rheeeeeeeee...

Eibborn

Mm, like I said, I actually liked the representation of Canada. If it helps, consider his absence an extension of the running gag that he goes unnoticed and forgotten by everyone. That's what I would do if I were the author, but then I'm a sucker for meta.
/kicks the internet over