Forum Game: How Would You React?

Started by Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats, December 23, 2008, 01:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

First, I'd try and figure out if I was really just in LA. If not, I'd try to find any trace of civilization before I died of dehydration.

How would you react if Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, James Brown, and Ray Charles all came back from the dead on the same day?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Lisky

begin hunting for the source of their zombiedom... obviously

what would you if you had the choice of getting 10 millions dollars, American, or finding true love

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Colgatecrusader

I would call to see if anyone else is still alive. then the survivors and i would band together to form the brotherhood of steel!

what would you do if you saw a cow jump over the moon?
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Darkdragon

Be more amazed by the existence of the cow in the middle of the metropolis rather than the occurrence.

How would you react if you were whisked away through the looking-glass and to wonderland?

Corgatha Taldorthar

After a moment of panic, I'd remember I can get back anytime I want by clicking my shoes together. Then I'd try to come up with a way to bring a munchkin back with me and sell his story to the Enquirer.

How would you react If aliens descended on earth and declared they wanted to make you king of their interstellar government?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Angel

First I'd ask them what kind of government it was, seeing as our planet's governments could use a little improvement, and I'd want to know if theirs did too. Then I'd see if we could give each other good advice, and see if I really wanted to have supreme power over a planet.

How would you react if you found out you were afflicted with cancer, and learned from your doctors there was an experimental treatment that had a decent success rate, but involved killing kittens?

BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 26, 2008, 10:51:54 AM
After a moment of panic, I'd remember I can get back anytime I want by clicking my shoes together. Then I'd try to come up with a way to bring a munchkin back with me and sell his story to the Enquirer.

You're thinking of Wizard of Oz, not Alice in Wonderland or Through The Looking Glass.

Try the Cheshire Cat, with the "Drink Me" and "Eat Me", and the deck of cards; the Walrus and the Oysters; the Jabberwocky; the Owl and the Pussycat; and, of course, the White Rabbit, with his friends the Mad Hatter and the Dormouse.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 26, 2008, 10:51:54 AM
How would you react If aliens descended on earth and declared they wanted to make you king of their interstellar government?

I'd be inclined to ask them what was involved, what the term limitations were, and if I could come back home again afterwards. Then there's the dependants, remuneration, risk of assassination, travel costs, relativity, the effects of light speed travel, how long I'd be expected to be away, what would happen to the World whilst I was gone, etc.

I expect they'd probably give up and go ask someone else before I finished asking questions. ;-]

Quote from: Black_angel on December 26, 2008, 12:29:53 PM
How would you react if you found out you were afflicted with cancer, and learned from your doctors there was an experimental treatment that had a decent success rate, but involved killing kittens?

Nuts. Erm... I'd be out there with a shovel in a flash. Although, I would probably be looking at purchasing my own cats to grow my own set of kittens, and I definitely wouldn't be up for causing them any unnecessary pain in the process...

What would you do if you found yourself like a glass of water?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

Well, that's kinda difficult. The human body is 80% water as it is. If you mean a literal glass of water, I guess I wouldn't react. Water has no brain and no consciouness. It's kind of like the atheist's dilemma: if the religious people are right, they get to brag about it, but if the atheists are right, no-one gets to say anything.

Incidentally, if I could think, I'd be trying like hell to either sprout legs and run, or knock myself over and "run."

How would you react if your dreams started to spill into the waking world?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Well, I admit, I don't recall my dreams at all, and i'm not even sure how often I dream. (I don't sleep much, and when I do, I sleep very lightly)

However, most of my dreams that I do remember are bizarre, surreal ever shifting patterns of color with musical numbers attached. So I'd set up a gate and chrge for admission into the show.

What woud you do if you had persistant back pain? Not the debilitating kind, just the annoying kind.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: Black_angel on December 27, 2008, 01:43:00 AM
How would you react if your dreams started to spill into the waking world?
You truly, honestly do not want to know. Many of my dreams are carnal. Uncomfortably so sometimes even for me, so that pretty much means that you would be disturbed to the point of wanting to pour bleach over your eyes just to get rid of the mental image.

Yeah.

But coming up with an alternative, I'd be running around with a kick-ASS technomagical arm that would transform into something akin to a cannon and have swirly spinning magical things akin to Data Drain.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 29, 2008, 10:28:52 AM
What woud you do if you had persistant back pain? Not the debilitating kind, just the annoying kind.

I'd probably bend myself backwards over a bench or chair or some kind of stable set-up and stretch it all the time. You get used to that sort of thing.

How would you react if you suddenly found yourself with "Mortal Kombat"esque combat capabilities?
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Lisky

... no two people are not on fire... :mwaha and yea, i'd be playing with fireballs everywhere... maybe beat the crap out of a few pickpockets... but mostly playing with whatever magical fire/acid/ice/harpoon with reel function i had, and mess with the world... cause what'd they do about it

what would you do if you suddenly found yourself with the choice of being a vampire, or being a lesser demon (old European mythology style incubus/succubus for example)

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Lesser demon. Vampires, while cool, in a dark, romantic kind of way(lolwut?), simply don't compare too well. Especially since you catch fire in sunlight. Buuuuurn.

How would you react if all you ever needed to eat was, in fact, tootsie pops, yet it took 3,214,447,133,141,592,654 licks to get to the center?
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

llearch n'n'daCorna

Chew.

How would you react if you found yourself in the same situation as Buffy?

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

What, in the profession of vampire slaying? Dunno, either wonder how a guy could get a seemingly female-only role, or wonder exactly how I got myself a female body.

How would you react if you opened the door after someone knocked and saw this guy standing in front of you?

Angel

I'd ask him when I was gonna get married, then I'd ask if I could get him to sign my copy of Watchmen.

How would you react if you opened the door and saw This guy standing there?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Hiya, Rorschach. Come in! Did you want a drink or something? What can I do for you?"

... but then, I'm probably as odd in my way as he is in his.

How would you react if you woke up and your gender had been reassigned?

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Depends on what I'd been reassigned to. Female, indeterminable, or zombie?

How would you react? if your face was permanently reconfigured into >:3?

Slowtini

I'd wear a mask. D:

How would you react if there was a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

I'd pick up a boomstick and break out the shoop-da-whoop!

How would you react if just before going to bed at night (provided you have one), the Evil Monkey jumped out of your closet (provided you have one) and pointed its finger at you?  :dface

Caswin

Realistic answer: I would panic for a second, then fly out of bed, jump over (or land on) his finger and run screaming out the door.
Evil Monkey answer: I would point at myself and make a noise to the effect of, "Me?"  Let's see if that monkey can actually go somewhere with this.

How would you react if you woke up and a Mow was sitting in the corner of your room, chitter-mrring and just then waking up itself?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Slowtini

I'd probably walk over to it, offer it a bit of food, and hope it's benevolent.

How would you react, if you discovered upon dying, that the scientologists were RIGHT.

KarlOmega1

...lets just say it would involve me going Ballistic because the crazies were right.

How would you react if you woke up one morning and found out that humanity made first contact with a race of aliens that were furres?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Paladin Sheppard

Would be very interested in seeing how first contact was handled...And considering that there is a decent chance that any other race we might have contact out there could be it may just happen.

How would you react, if the United States broke up into individual states which went to war with each other occasionally?

*Bonus points if you pick the flightsim  I got this idea from*

Lisky

... personally i'd find a zeppelin carrier, and start working for sky pirates :P (i assume we're talking about crimson skies)

How would you react if you found yourself waking up in a total stranger's house after a night of heavy drinking?

Paladin Sheppard

Be honestly truly surprised as the heaviest drink I've had was a premixed with a bout 4% alc....So A) I'd be checking I still had my kidneys  :P B) Wonder which of my friends drugged me   C) Wondering how I could get out and not be seen :P

How would you react, if your compute achieved sentience....And then fixed all the current economic problems without breaking a single law....And then made itself a human replica droid to reside in.

*And no points for Bas.   Hint: you steal a F22 from the IRS*

Lisky

i'd first be mildly concerned, then i'd apply for a patent

how would you react if you won the lottery, and your house/apartment was hit by a large meteor and erased from existence in the same day?

Darkdragon

Sell the meteor to the government for untold millions, as one of that size be worth at least that much. Go buy a new house with the money, invest a large amount in the low stock market (making sure to do research first to find the ones selling under-priced) and put the rest in a Swiss bank account.

How would you react if the Chinese (totalitarian) government somehow managed to take over the world one morning?

Lisky

wo shi yi di nar zhong wen, ho shi ni di mama de puo fu he de ne di baba shi shei
(yea, i speak a little mandarin and yes that's a series of insults :D)

how would you react if you were given the choice between control of the world, or a superpower? and what would you do in the aftermath?

Darkdragon

Superpower, as in a supernatural ability. Control of the world takes too much bureaucracy and gives too much stress, both of which I would rather not like. Depending on the superpower in question, I would either live a normal life, or spend the rest of my days in exile running away from the government.

How would you react if someone insulted you and your whole family tree in a high-profile public demonstration?

PS: I studied Chinese and without tones or exactly which characters, it is impossible to tell if that is an insult or not.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Point and laugh.

Basilisk, posting something in another language is against the rules. I do not wish to have to make this clearer, because it involves actual effort on my part. If that happens, I shall be unhappy, and I do real good at sharing that unhappiness around.

How would you cope if you woke up to find you'd been banned? Not just from the forum, but from the internet as a whole?