Holiday preperations

Started by thegayhare, December 24, 2008, 03:00:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

It's 3 am I'm sweaty, covered in nutella and cream cheese

yes folks thats a true statement up above... sounds kinky no?

well it isn't (though I am in my underwear... more on that later)

I just finished my day's ration of baking...in the last 4 days I have made 12 batches of cheese cake cupcakes, 13 batches of heath bar candy, 5 batches of peanut brittle, two full sized cheese cakes and 15 banana breads...

don't you just love the holidays...

I started today around noon and just finished. I'll admit to something I probably shouldn't but around 9 pm I stripped down to my shorts to finish my time in the kitchen. I ofewtn do on long baking stints... I've been standing next to that fricken oven as it blasts out heat for 15 hours... I'm roasting in the middle of winter... thats not right. Hell it felt good to slip on some sneakers (just the sneakers) and head out through the snow banks an hour ago.

so tomarrow, and more likely thursday when you good folks sit down to your holiday repast. Please think of the chef who slaved in the blistering heat to make it for you and say thank you... and if you work in a business where some one went out of there way to make something for the office or store party (the majority of my culinary work was for my mom's workplace) when you next see that person say thanks...

Sorry for rambling like that... I'm extreamly tired but still wide awake so I'm a little wonky right now.

Valynth

Quote from: thegayhare on December 24, 2008, 03:00:24 AM

That mental image is made even worse by the fact I first read the title of this thread as "holiday penetrations."
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

LionHeart

There are worse ways to spend an evening... :P

Seriously, though, TGH, go lie down and rest, even if you can't sleep. You've earned it. (On second thoughts, a shower might be a good idea first...  :mowwink)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

thegayhare

Quote from: Valynth on December 24, 2008, 06:42:04 AM

That mental image is made even worse by the fact I first read the title of this thread as "holiday penetrations."

Holiday penetrations would most likely involve candy canes...

Thanks Lion heart

unfortunatly I was only able to get about 4 hours of sleep before it was impossible any more.  I've got cleaning and more prep work todo for today... probably even some more baking... I know my mom wants atleast one more batch of brittle... Blech I can't stand the stuff,  and I have atleast one more cake to make

interesting side note

since my fridge is too full of other items so to stay fresh the majority of baked goods are stored out in my mom's car.  It snowed last night so it's the perfect little fridge

Colgatecrusader

something gives me the feeling that this is going to be the centerpiece of the thread and now probably isn't the best time to say nutella is awesome, so i won't. That my friend, is more baking than i have ever done, ever... give yourself a pat on the back.
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Lysander

Yeah, I need to agree. All that in a few days requires a very skilled chef.

And that's a nice idea, I usually don't think about all that goes into the preparation and those who make it happen.   :januscat
TytajLucheek