Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

You think I don't appreciate the people who do read it? Of course I do. I am so very grateful for it, so don't jump to conclusions. I just find it a little coincidental that, before I decided to invite people to submit characters, no one was reading it. No one. Things like people not even bothering to read the original story, and disappearing off of the face of the earth and abandoning the rp without bothering to even give a reason why hurts a lot. So yes, it has left me feeling very bitter.

I thought this was pretty obvious, but my comments were aimed at the people who were guilty of the things that I pointed out, which is why I am greatly confused that you were offended.

Gabi

Sorry I misunderstood, it seemed to me that you were aiming it at all the players.

How long did it take from the time you started posting your story until you started admitting other people's characters? I know I didn't know about it at that time. Maybe you just didn't give readers enough time to get to know it.

And yes, it's annoying when people quit without a warning, but that happens all the time. I've had to deal with that a lot on TPM. In the end, if the game is good, the group of players will stabilize and those who are really interested will keep playing.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gareeku

Quote from: Gabi on June 12, 2007, 07:59:25 PM
Sorry I misunderstood, it seemed to me that you were aiming it at all the players.

Well I wasn't, so don't fucking snap at me like that. The people who I'm talking about know full well who they are.

It was around chapter 4 or 5 that i started inviting people to submit their characters, I think. Before that, only like 2 people were reading it. As soon as I had started doing that however, there was suddenly a flood of people submitting characters. Funny coincidence, no?

It's not annoying to me. It's downright insulting. I have worked so fucking hard in trying to make FC, both the story and the rp, a success, only to have people basically kick me in the teeth by leaving and not even fucking bothering to say why. You know what that says to me when people do that? It says to me that FC is a pile of dogshit that is not worth their time to even give an explanation of why they wish to quit.

And then there is the excuses; "Oh I'm so busy I don't have time", even when they are posting in every other forum on the boards all day long. "Oh I'm lost", even when there is already an explanation of the rp story so far in the OOC thread. People think I am an idiot and will just be brushed off with these excuses.

Gabi

If others do stupid things, why do you think it's your problem? I'd say it's theirs.

Gareeku

It's my problem because they're doing it because they think FC is crap. FC is crap because of me.

Gabi

I don't believe they think FC is crap. That's just the way they are. But even if they did, is the judgement of an idiot worth trusting?

techmaster-glitch

True, and if you are having a problem with inconsistant posters, tell them to either buck up and post properly, or you kick out their characters. Seriously. Only keep the people who care, so you don't have problems with those who don't.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You're welcome to list people who are dropped, by the way. As GM, that's entirely your call, and I think I can speak for all the admins when we'll have no sympathy whatsoever for the people on such a list.

Well.. maybe a very very little bit. But that's it.

Just in case you were wondering.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Here's how I think you should do it: read back and audit all the characters; find out who's been posting properly and who hasn't. When you've got both lists, send a warning to all the ones on the "not posting" list. One warning. If they don't shape up within a week, and stay shaped up, kill off their character.(Unless they really DO have a good reason for not posting. In that case, if they can't get into the swing of things anytime soon, have their character find a way to leave the party, respectfully, and alive.) It doesn't even have to be a respectable death, if they refuse to post consistantly without a good reason. Make them slip on a banana peel and have a broken bottle go through their heads when the fall down, for christ's sake. You. Are. The. Game. F***ing. Master. Excercise your authority. That's why people think it's ok to fall behind, because YOU have been letting them get away with it. It is time for you to put your foot down.

Mel Dragonkitty

I'm backing Gabi up here. Don't take the actions of a few people who act their shoe size instead of their age as a criticism of your work. If they were only hanging around hoping you'd give them a spotlight they weren't unbiased critics and are not too be taken seriously.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on June 13, 2007, 11:38:11 AM
...If they were only hanging around hoping you'd give them a spotlight...
Exactly. THOSE are the kind people that have characters that need to die. Now.

Sunblink

I'm feeling like freshly-boiled shit at the moment and I likely will for a long time, so I'm probably going to sound like a fuckin' moron when I type. Sorry in advance for that while I get on my soapbox.

Gareeku. You run an awesome RP. You're an awesome fucking GM. The idiocity of some of the participants isn't because of you--and I apologize if I'm one of those stupid participants, even though my apology likely won't matter.

Listen to everyone who's trying to comfort and support you. They know what's going on.

By the way, it's best you don't curse at people who are trying to help and support you. Then again I'm one to talk... ha.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Gareeku

Sheridan has already been dropped because of this. RJ is in danger of being dropped.

techmaster, thank you for your kind words and advice, but please don't patronise me like that.

You're right, Keaton. I am sorry for snapping at people. It's just this whole thing has left me rather bitter and depressed.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Gareeku on June 13, 2007, 12:09:17 PM
techmaster... please don't patronise me like that.
Oh, I was doing that? Sorry, I didn't realize. Apologies.

Sunblink

Quote from: Gareeku on June 13, 2007, 12:09:17 PM
You're right, Keaton. I am sorry for snapping at people. It's just this whole thing has left me rather bitter and depressed.

It's totally understandable that you're feeling bitter and depressed because of this. I would be feeling the same way.

Just please try and cheer up, and remember those who matter--those who support you.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Aisha deCabre

Agreed with everyone, Gar.   :hug  I might not say it as well as everyone else has, but as I was looking through, I could tell that there are enough here who care about you and how you feel.  And I'm sure there are more writers here other than Keats and myself that would certainly agree with you as well.

As for FC, you are the boss, after all.  Do what you feel is right with it, and with the neglectful players.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Out of curiosity, has anyone looked at the board stats recently?  The RP is in the top ten most viewed threads.  That's out of the 2400 threads in total.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

I would like to take this opportunity to make an apology to the members of this rp. The way I acted in these threads was highly inapproriate, and for that I am sorry. I realise now that my release of built up frustration and anger was a foolish and hurtful move, and I am deeply sorry to those who were on the receiving end of that. I won't be angry if any of you guys want to leave after the way I have acted. Again, I am sorry.

Paladin Sheppard

Aisha deCabre

You know that I'm still in.  :3  Besides, everything should have been forgotten by now, if the other members agree.  This RP deserves to go until it's finished, and you deserve the right to keep it that way if you so wish.

Glad to see things start to get up and running again.  ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

I'm in too.  I want to know what happens to Gareeku.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Oh, you can count me in.  >:3 It's good to see this RP back in business.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

I make that 4 of the 6 active players. Do correct me if I've missed someone, though.

That's more than half, with no dissenters. Seems like a good enough reason to unlock to me. *clicky-clicky* Enjoy.

Mel Dragonkitty

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

James StarRunner

Aisha deCabre

Make that an almost-full cast, 6 out of 7.  :3  There's still Stygian...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Are we back? I'm going away for a week, but once I return I'll gladly rejoin the game if it's still running.

Aisha deCabre

The game's back, yeah, but last time anyone's seen Gar he hasn't been much in the mood or time to post.

...or hasn't been seen much at all...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think we generally have a hiatus while AC is on, in terms of pretty much everything pauses. :-]

Gabi