Nikki

Sowwie...of Course Xze has weaknesses..like so:

Hates going on the defensive
Scared of Spiders and creatures with too many legs
Gets squeamish around needles and medical tools
Acts then thinks
Can be child-like
...anything else you want me to add? XD

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Hilary

Hmmm... I don't really want to use Sioffra, because she reminds me too much of myself when I was, say, ten years old. I cringe at the thought of those years. I want to use Azimani, the main character of my story. She's a human with wings, but I like her so much that I think I'll furrify her for my own nefarious purposes.  >:3
Question: Should intros be in paragraph form, or should we list our attributes?

KarlOmega1

There is a weakness Issac has: ....little to no resistance against lightning (electric) attacks, whether it be through projectile magic or an lightning-enchanted weapon...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Supercheese

Well... seems like everyone is waiting for somebody else to submit a character... (myself included)

Also, what are the rules on technology and magic? Anything special, or just what is believeable based on the comic-defined world?

(I think I'll skim through Furrae Chronicles now. I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier.)

Nikki

oh FINE!! jeeze people...

Xzeliea Fantra

Cat-Wolf-Dragon-Velociraptor-Fox

Speciality-Stealing/Speed attacks/strategy/speed

Basic attack-Mauling

Special attack-wolf Claws (rushing at an opponent with body engulfed in black flames and slashing at them at lest 5 times with any and all claws)

Weaknesses- Water, Hates going on the defensive, Scared of Spiders and creatures with too many legs, Gets squeamish around needles and medical tools, Acts then thinks, Can be child-like

Personality- semi-hyper, eager to fight, puts others welfare before her own, short temper, an 'i-don't-care-what-you-say-i'm-gonna-do-things-my-way' attitude.

Anything else needed?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

lucas marcone

officer lucas marcone (marco for short)
heavier build 180-200lbs lightly muscled
species: croc
skin color:hunter green
hair:n/a
eyecolor/number/style: firey red/two/ serpentine irises blind in the left eye(white film)

marco is a policeman who dreams of boxing glory,and hell do ANYTHING it takes to win and usually does. he is a single father to a teen(tanja pronounced tanya) he found wandering the streets when walking the beat in the slums. marco is a dirty cop and will set up deals with dealers in that he catches the druggies after thay buy then he sells the stuff back to the dealer.(drugs stay off the street marco makes his quota thay both make money its a win win). marco is a loveing father and places much value in family. marco is a serious person but knows how to take a joke and tell one though most are often extreamly blue coller.

RJ

I got this off of http://ks.essortment.com/creatingcharact_rtsl.htm though with some modifications... (read the site for more info)

Blaze picture (pic is non-cubi version)

This is for the proposed cubi version of Blaze...

NAME: Blaze Joybringer (no nicknames)

RACE: Squirrel incubus

FAMILY: Sister (Raine Joybringer)

BODY TYPE: Medium, athletic

EYES: Dull gold

HAIR: Purple, slightly shaggy though well-kept

FAVOURITE FOOD: Peanut butter

FAVOURITE COLOR: Red

SPEAKING STYLE: Usually well-reserved and thoughtful, though in certain situations commanding. However, he can sometimes sound aloof though- particularly when in the presence of beings and those younger than him.

CLOTHING (+style): (refer to picture above for clothing) Blaze prefers durability and function over aesthetics, though he tries hard to dress to impress and be trendy as to fill his sense of pride.

APPEARANCE (+ style): (refer to picture above for appearance. Normal wings not shown) Blaze takes care in his personal appearance, especially his hair which he keeps short. He also prefers to hide his headwings for the sake of keeping his bandana on.

PERSONALITY: Blaze is a typical big brother in many ways- he's always trying to get RJ to behave, and is always looking out for her.

When it comes to exploring new things, Blaze can be hesitant, preferring to stick to what he knows. From this he has developed a strong sense of pride in his family traditions and loyalty. However, after leaving Sanctuary Island with RJ, this has changed and Blaze is more accepting than before, turning his loyalties towards those he knows RJ trusts. He still keeps pride in his heritage and skills though.

Unlike his sister, Blaze is more cynical and pessimistic than optimistic. He has no shame in expecting the worst from strangers and the world around him. This has led to his close watch over RJ, seeing as she is so open and caring to anyone she comes across. Blaze can be a little too strong and come off as mean-spirited and egotistical sometimes unfortunately, particularly when it comes to sizing up new acquaintances.

Underneath his exterior is the Blaze only RJ and the others from his home island know about- the kind and loving brother who will do anything for his little sister. He only wishes that she would get a warp-aci so he could keep in touch more easily. He worries more than he should sometimes.

CAREER: Baker, part-time aid at SAIA teaching fire magic

POSSESSIONS/WEAPONS: Bandana given to him by RJ, no weapons/armour

STRENGTHS: Fast runner over short distances, wide knowledge of fire magic, and some knowledge in other elemental types, powerful fire magic and knows most other elemental magic, elemental proof (although powerful water magic may work), large magical stamina

WEAKNESSES: Very little in the way of weapon/hand-to-hand combat skills, sometimes underestimates people, limited knowledge in other magic types, RJ

HOBBIES: Reading/studying

TALENTS: Knows how to bake

BIOGRAPHY: Blaze, much like his sister RJ, was brought up on the remote Sanctuary Island, a small civilisation consisting purely of cubi hidden away from regular civilisation. Blaze was raised being taught elemental magic by the elders, with a focus on fire whilst his sister was focussed on water magic.

When RJ was discovered missing, he requested to leave to search for her. However, his request was denied and none were sent to search for her, until 83 B.C. when finally the elders gave him strict orders to find her and bring her back for an important event (that he had no knowledge on), though was promised that it was some kind of festival.

Blaze eventually found RJ residing in SAIA, acting as an aid to Professor Ink. He managed to convince her to come back for the "festival". On their way out of SAIA he was confronted by Fa'lina, and surprisingly, was offered a part-time position helping to teach fire magic. Blaze declined in order to bring his sister back, though Fa'lina stated her offer was still there in case he ever changed his mind.

RJ and Blaze returned later that year, with Blaze taking up the offer. No word was said on what the "festival" was though. Blaze took up residence in a small demon-populated town to work in a baker's and to aid teaching fire magic at SAIA.

:meh Kind of long-winded, eh?

Tapewolf

Okay, here's my attempt:

Name: Jakob Pettersohn  (known as 'yak' by close friends and family)
Species: Lupine incubus
Coat: grey/wolf-coloured (usually drawn pure grey for simplicity) - wings are feathered and match his coat
Hair: Dark grey, long and unkempt
Eyes: Yellow
Profession: Audio visual technician, broadcaster, partly responsible for the SAIA technology department
Family: Father (Petter Josefsohn), brother (Izak Pettersohn) - his mother Dulcinia was a Being
Speaking style: Imagine Merlitz from the Radio Project with a more Nordic accent.  Help!  I don't know how to describe it!
Possessions: Jakob usually carries a backpack, with the straps designed such that they don't interfere with his wings.  Aside from tools and suchlike, he usually carries a Nagra SNN audio recorder and a 16mm Arriflex camera.

Strengths and abilities:

• Clever
  • Pack-loyal
  • Highly skilled with electronic and mechanical systems up to about 1990 technology.
  • Good with magic, both light and dark.
  • His knowledge of Being science has given him fresh insight into magic and allowed him to design new spells.  He does not need a warp-aci in order to teleport.

Weaknesses:

• Poor at combat, does not carry weapons.  His tentacles can be used as weapons, like all 'cubi, but he doesn't like doing this as it very messy, see below.
  • His main defence is to teleport himself out of trouble rather than face it (i.e. running away). Owing to his pack-loyalty, this would most likely be a short hop rather than buggering off entirely (if fighting alongside comrades - otherwise he'll just scarper), but it means he cannot be trusted to hold ground if a battle is going wrong.
  • Squeamish - only has basic healing abilities, cannot heal internal injuries by himself.  This also means he is unlikely to kill someone.
  • Not particularly social.  In particular, Jakob is more comfortable around Beings than Creatures.  This is probably out of shame of his past.

Brief backstory: Jakob graduated from SAIA around 500 years ago and was befriended by the hippie angel Azrael, who was patron of the city of Ha-Khun.  About a century later Azrael was murdered, which unhinged Jakob.  He killed one of the demons responsible almost immediately and spent the next 300 years plotting revenge on the surviving pair. 

As a distraction he set about building a criminal empire under the alias of 'Johan Cross'.  When he finally succeeded in avenging Azrael, Jakob realised that he had become evil and was deeply ashamed, which is probably why he is nervous around other Creatures - having experienced first-hand how easy it is for the powerful to become corrupted.

The last hundred years of Jakob's life to date have been spent learning more about Being technology.  In this time Jakob has become a reknown broadcaster and has made numerous documentaries and field recordings, mostly educational films for SAIA.

**EDIT EDIT: added 'posessions' **

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

That's great, RJ! ^.^

Name: Gareeku Manoko

Race: Wolf/half-incubus - Gareeku is somewhat unique in the world of Furrae, in that his being and cubi genes completely balance out, with none being dominant over the other. As a result, Gareeku has aquired the traits from both sides of his genes. While he possesses a being's lack of wings and need for food, he also possesses the lifespan and potential of an Incubus.

Family: Siriso Manoko (being father, deceased), Alica Hannack (succubus mother, currently residing in Harkhun)

Body type: Muscled and toned, yet not overly so.

Eyes: deep blue

Hair: Black, spike up and back, save for a series of bangs of hair which cascade down over his forehead in a slight middle-parting fashion. (Think Jin Kazama from the Tekken series >_>)

Favourite food: Chicken

Favourite colour: either blue or red

Speaking style: Gareeku is normally straight to the point, preferring not to "beat around the bush", so to speak. He has been described as blunt, and sometimes grumpy sounding. However, once someone gets to know him, he speak in a much more relaxed way.

Clothing colouring and style: This is the clothing style, except that the belt is a black martial arts belt, the trousers/pants are the same colour as the top, which should be a deeper, dark blue. Gareeku also wears sandal-like footwear on his feet, with a brown hooded cloak over his gi.

Personality: When one first meets Gareeku, he seems quiet, almost to the extent of seeming grumpy, keeping to himself while others talk. He is someone that prefers to stay quiet, listening to what others have to say, and then giving his own views and opinions in a somewhat blunt manner.

However, once he gets to know someone more, the real Gareeku is revealed: a relaxed, caring and kind man, who would absolutely anything for the people he cares about.

Career: adventurer/mercenary

Possessions/weapons: Even though Gareeku doesn't like to think of Li as a 'possession', this warp-aci is always by Gareeku's side, save for when in battle, as she is often quite afraid of them. He also possesses his father's katana, which is always at his side.

Stengths: Very agile, has a strong knowledge of martial arts and is a powerful weilder of light magic, with some skill in other elements. Also has large physical and magical stamina.

Weakness: Can be too stubborn and wary of others at times, yet he also can be too trusting at others. Fear of spiders and various other bugs (except for the insectis race, oddly enough), Fear of himself.

Hobbies: Relaxing, reading/studying, training, walking.

Talents: Knows how to cook good chicken and pasta meals.

History:
Gareeku was born to a Being father and a Succubus mother, and is oddly enough a rather unique creature, in that while he does not possess the wings of a cubi, he does share a few of their traits, such as the lifespan and heightened senses of a cubi. Despite this, Gareeku is still a being, and so shares their needs for food, drink and sleep.
Having met Gareeku's adventurer father, an arctic wolf Being, just after leaving SAIA, Gareeku's mother, a powerful vixen succubus named Alica Hannack, soon fell in love with him and bore a child; Gareeku Manoko. Gareeku had a relatively normal upbringing with two loving parents in a small town where various races lived together in harmony, learning martial arts and the art of magic from his father from a young age. However, Gareeku's happy life would soon change. When he was 16, the boy discovered that his father had been brutally murdered by a group of demons who had ambushed Siriso as he ventured out on a quest. Swearing revenge, Gareeku carried on learning the ways of combat while taking care of his grief-stricken mother up until he was 18, when he ventured out on his first quest, learning of a group of demons that were terrorizing various nearby towns
Upon arriving at one of the towns, Gareeku came face to face with the group; the same group that has murdered his father. A long and hard battle commenced, the demon group shocked at how powerful what they considered as the "lowly being" was. Eventually Gareeku managed to slay the group, though the cuts and bruises scattered all over his body showed that it was by far no easy victory. The battle would be the first of many in Gareeku's career as an adventurer.
When he was 21, Gareeku returned from a quest to find that his mother had disappeared. Fearing the worst, Gareeku set out to travel the world to look for her. Eventually, he found that she was still alive, much to his relief, and was residing in a Cubi town, Gareeku choosing to continue his adventuring career as he knew she was safe from any attack in Harkhun.
Now, it has been two years since his quest for vengence against the succubus known as Charline. Business has been quiet, with jobs coming by very rarely. however, someone Gareeku knows has now suddenly disappeared, followed by receiving a letter a day later. He now sets off to save the ones he cares for, and to also bring the one responsible for the kidnappings to justice.

Tapewolf

Well, there we go.  First attempt.  I didn't want to take Jakob right up to the others because I don't know who's there yet apart from Gareeku.  If the next person wishes to guide Jakob in to Gareeku, I don't have a problem with that.  Otherwise, he'll have to get lost inside the bar or something ;)

Paladin Sheppard

NAME: Paladin Sheppard (Pal)

RACE: Wolf incubus

FAMILY: Father (Johan) Mother (Jade) Girlfriend (Raine Joybringer)

BODY TYPE: Heavily Muscled (But very agile)

EYES: Brown/Gray

HAIR: Brown/Gray kept short

WINGS: Blue/White feathery

FAVOURITE FOOD: Pizza

FAVOURITE COLOR: Blue

PERSONALITY:  While working or completing an activity is quite serious, but once and danger has pasted or tasks complete is easy going and prone to flirting with females.

APPEARANCE (+ style): While adventering/patrolling wears an enchanted fullplate set of armor which unlike most is covered in a camouflage patten suited to the area. Wears a bandanna when posing as a being

CAREER: Captain in Xe'Pheron City's Royal Guard Commando Regiment (Currently he is assigned to a Ranger/Scout role for the city and poses as a being adventurer/merc)

POSSESSIONS/WEAPONS: Edge of Cobalt (Powerful 2 handed axe heavily enchanted, older than the cubi race), 2 lightly enchanted shortswords, 10 throwing knives, collapsible shortbow, Motorcycle and a warp-aci called Rex

STRENGTHS: Well versed in melee and ranged combat, can go undetected and has some healing and enhancement magic. Can shift appearance and can read surface thoughts (Cubi ability's)

WEAKNESSES: Almost no magical ability apart from that outlined above. Cocky and somewhat bloodthirsty in battle. RJ.

Tapewolf

Question: does Paladin have the ability to repair the bike himself?

Paladin Sheppard

He has some minor mechanical knowledge, but if the bike well and truely broke down he'd have to take it to a shop.

Netami

Tapewolf

Paladin, a couple of typos:

* he removed a packet of notes and Begin to read them. -> began
* Frowning the fox -> Frowning, the fox
* siped -> sipped

Gareeku, some for you as well:

* with various people -> where various people (otherwise the rest of the sentence goes weird)
* I his lap -> In his lap
* rabbit like -> rabbitlike (or rabbit-like)
* Altough -> Although

..and if I've missed any other errors in mine, I'd be happy to know about those too.

Gabi

I've based this character loosely on myself because she started out as my avatar in the DMFA forum and is slowly becoming independent. Don't worry, she won't be a Mary Sue; I don't like those.

Name: Gabi (full name Gabrielle Starshine - the short version is the same as that of my real name, but the full version isn't :tongue).

Race: were vixen (enlarge if you want, but it may be a spoiler for FC).

Age: same as Alexsi, whatever that is at the current time.

Family: mother, father and a younger brother (William Starshine), currently living in different places.

Body type: medium build, 1.63 m tall (or 5'4").

Eyes: light blue.

Hair: light green.

Favourite food: pasta (and tea).

Favourite colour: silver, and bright colors in general.

Speaking style: Just like mine.

Clothing colouring and style: casual clothes, usually with bright colors and/or shiny decorations.

Personality: curious, open-minded and rather optimistic (not the kind of blind optimism that makes someone think everything's perfect, but the kind that doesn't give up hope until all options have been exhausted), tends to treat others as equals, values wisdom and intelligence, and hates prejudice and injustice. She'll stand up for herself and those she cares for when necessary (and she gets to care for others quite easily), but prefers to avoid violence whenever it's possible.

Career: healer/explorer

Possessions/weapons: bag of infinite cookies, a pot of glue, a rope, 2 knives, some travelling food (and water and tea) supplies, assorted herbs, bandages, scissors, needles and threads, a pencil (magical, but virtually powerless on Furrae, though it doesn't require sharpening) and a notebook.

Stengths: some magical skills, mostly aimed at healing, but also for fixing broken things (simple fixes like cracks and the likes), and the abilities given by the D&D 'Magical Training' feat. That, and an analytical mind. She also possesses the natural traits of her race, as listed in Demonology 101.

Weakness: limited combat skills (only basic self-defense and the ancient 'hit the enemy with whatever you have at hand' technique). She can also be quite shy around strangers, unless she knows exactly what to say and do or she's driven enough to stop worrying about whether she's doing the right thing. She tends to worry a lot when she doesn't know how to sort things out, and while she's always willing to help others, she doesn't normally ask for help unless she can find no way to handle things by herself.

Hobbies: reading, and doing anything creative.

Talents: a good singing voice, and general knowledge. She also enjoys writing, but keeps most of her writings to herself.

History: Gabi grew up in a city populated mostly by beings, from whom she learnt two valuable lessons: 1. Beings and creatures are not essentially different beyond the physical aspect, and 2. Not everyone is willing to accept that. She made some good friends among beings, but she also suffered the discrimination of others, and learnt to keep quiet about her heritage unless those around her could be trusted, or her special abilities were needed (or unless someone made a nasty racial comment that angered her enough for her to slap the truth on their face). Learning new things always attracted her, and as she grew up she felt an increasing urge to leave her hometown and find out what else was out there. She had second thoughts about it for a while, as she didn't want to leave everyone she knew and cared for, but eventually an argument with her parents helped her make up her mind and leave. Her brother decided to go with her, and they traveled together for a while, until they came to a town that had been suffering attacks by an incubus who used the name of Johan Cross and needed a healer. Gabi decided to stay and help, while her brother, having met the taste of the road, couldn't get enough of it and chose to leave after a few days. Gabi stayed and helped as much as she could, but the attacks continued and her frustration at being unable to stop everyone's suffering kept growing. It was then that she met a group of adventurers who were planning to take down this so-called 'Johan Cross', and Gabi jumped at the opportunity to help them. The rest is history... or will be. ;)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nikki

and it took lil ol me to get all this started :mowwink

lucas marcone

sorry i didnt ask befor since this is after all furre guns are accepted maybe? and tape please dont do the whole correct us every time you see an error. some of us arnt the best at engwish. and some are in a hurry to catch the double experence day on city of heros

Nikki

EVERYONE!!!

Sorry my first post in the RP is so short ;-; i PROMISE i'll make longer posts

Tapewolf

Quote from: valkyn on July 21, 2006, 10:41:26 AM
tape please dont do the whole correct us every time you see an error. some of us arnt the best at engwish.

Frankly, I'm not sure I understand that.  The way I see it, if it's wrong, it should be corrected regardless of the nationality, age or first language of the writer.

Xze, rather than using 'his/her' etc, I find it works best if you use 'they' / 'them' since those are gender-neutral.  If, like Valkyn, you don't want hints and tips on improving your writing, just say the word and I'll shut up.

Nikki

Gabi

One more question: how are the members of the old crew supposed to come together?

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 21, 2006, 11:00:07 AM
tape please dont do the whole correct us every time you see an error. some of us arnt the best at engwish.

Frankly, I'm not sure I understand that.  The way I see it, if it's wrong, it should be corrected regardless of the nationality, age or first language of the writer.
I used to think the same way, but some people don't care about learning and are offended by corrections. If I make a mistake, please do correct me. But if someone asks you not to, it may be best to just let them be.

Suwako

NAME: Alex Chasseur

Race: Demon/being (+/- demon without wings and stuff)

BIOGRAPHY: A typical hyena with brown fur and black spots.  Infamous assasin, Alex in known to be ruthless an d honorless. He was born in a normal town. Joined an advanturing party in his early 20's his party was slayed by a demon. He bearly surfived. He was hardened by this event and joined an assasins guild. Learning the art from the best. He fell in love only to lose it again. Killing his former loves husband as redemption.

HEIGHT: 6'

WEIGHT: You probably won’t know your character’s exact weight, but I’m sure you can guess its approximate one. Is he really light â€" or a little more weighty?

BODY TYPE: Slender, average build.

FACE TYPE: crude.

EYES: brown and hard

HAIR: 1,5 feet long Tail

CLOTHING STYLE: Ninja'sh

SPEAKING STYLE: Short and to the point

GENERAL DEMEANOR: Jerk

CAREER: Assasin

PREJUDICES: Hate, Dislike, Anoying

BEST QUALITIES: Silent, Honorless, Gets the job done

WORST QUALITIES: If the jobs you, Honorless, Careless

POSSESSIONS/WEAPONS: Swords, Knives, cross bow, bottles of potion.

WEAKNESSES: Close combat

HOBBIES: Gambling with other peoples money (he always wins)

TALENTS: Killing, lifting pockets and anoying people

Gabi

Funny, we have no full beings in the party, and they're supposed to be the most common race. One would think they don't to get close to us.

My question still stands, how are we supposed to get the news?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 21, 2006, 12:07:27 PM
Funny, we have no full beings in the party, and they're supposed to be the most common race. One would think they don't to get close to us.

My question still stands, how are we supposed to get the news?

It's not explained who sent the letter to Gareeku.  I was assuming that the same person had sent other letters as well.
(That's what you meant by 'the news', right?)

Arcalane

sorry i didnt ask befor since this is after all furre guns are accepted maybe? and tape please dont do the whole correct us every time you see an error. some of us arnt the best at engwish. and some are in a hurry to catch the double experence day on city of heros

It's an entire weekend, you addict, and it doesn't start until tomorrow! xD

I need to clear a few things with 'reeku first in PMs before I pop up a profile. Lawd knows when I'll get to check, though.

Also, Gabi, if you're never corrected, you'll always be wrong. Imagine if you were brought up being told that cats are called trees. You would think that any other name was absurd, because you'd never have been corrected on the subject. It would make you look very daft in front of people who used the -right- name for cats.

Gabi

I know, Sheri, and I share your view. But some people prefer to be wrong rather than being corrected. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.

And yes, JP, that's what I meant, thanks. :)

KarlOmega1

here is refined profile of my character:

Name: Issac Shinji Prower
Species: Kitsune (multi-tailed fox)
Race: Cubi
Class: Ninja
Fur color: red
Eyes: hazel
Hair: short, dark Brown
Appearal: wears a black ninja outfit, possesses several throwing knives, shuriken, and a reverse-bladed katana.
Strengths: Moderate dexterity; moderate resistances to water, fire, earth, poison, cold, light, darkness attacks; good stamina.
Weakness: Low strength (attack), Little to no resistance to electric attacks.
Goals: determined to work on his strength and bring it up...and to protect allies...
I'm a Skype User.

Netami

Even if Vampire was treated as a template which, in Furrae, it is not (It's a seperate race), you'd have to be a little older than 16 in order to be one. Remember, many vampires died out after the undead came about and long before then they were struggling for food sources with the cubi race.

And they melt in the sun...

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.