Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on October 03, 2007, 07:13:33 PM
you could have mentioned that it was a paintball gun BEFORE I said that the "bullet" went through the demon's shoulder, Jakob. now it just looks silly.

With respect Gareeku, it doesn't say the bullet went through his shoulder.  All it says is that he's been hit in the shoulder - I would certainly have flagged it myself otherwise  >:3
It also says he's apparently bleeding - which it would given that it's a blood-coloured paintball - and he's in a certain amount of pain, which he would be, although obviously not as much as if it was live ammo.  However the demon isn't going to realise that straight away, which gives a distraction for the others to use.

Yes, I could have said it was an airgun disguised as a revolver, but I was a bit too eager to hold on to the surprise, such as it as.  Jakob tends to rely on illusion rather than actual violence, and given how much he hates guns, a real one would be out of character for him.  How..ever, making someone think he's killed them is just what he'd do.

Quote from: Stygian on October 03, 2007, 07:28:16 PM
What Gar seems to be irritated at is not so much the failing to mention the gun being a paintball gun in the first place so much as the silliness of the action.
Distracting him so Gareeku can get a blow in?  I'm afraid I fail to see how that's silly.  I'll grant you it's being done in an unorthodox manner, but that's Jakob for you.  Arguably you would want to do something weird in order to distract your foe for longer.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

*Sigh* I've only opened the rp for not even a day and already people are throwing their opinions around in a heavy handed fashion. Ok, fine, I'll change my post.

In the future, can you PLEASE NOTIFY ME OF THESE THINGS. That way I actually know what's going on.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on October 04, 2007, 04:58:22 AM
*Sigh* I've only opened the rp for not even a day and already people are throwing their opinions around in a heavy handed fashion. Ok, fine, I'll change my post.

IMHO your post seemed to work - to be honest, I thought you'd figured it out  :3

Gareeku

No I hadn't "figured it out". Don't just assume that people know what's happening, but sometimes they don't.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on October 04, 2007, 05:04:29 AM
No I hadn't "figured it out". Don't just assume that people know what's happening, but sometimes they don't.

I swear I mentioned this trick via PM.  Though I guess that would have been almost a year ago.  You're right, I should really have PM'd you again to make absolutely certain.

**EDIT**
Obviously I have no idea if this is the guy we're after, but he's powerful enough to make Jakob think he probably is.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2007, 05:07:21 AM
Obviously I have no idea if this is the guy we're after, but he's powerful enough to make Jakob think he probably is.
I bet the bounty on him is really high too!

Gabi

Oops! I didn't notice the RP was back until Gareeku told me! I don't have time today, but I'll try to catch up tomorrow.

Sorry, I still have a very busy life but I also still want to play!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gareeku

Gabi

Yay, I've made a post! And about 20 minutes before the day ended! (For me, of course.)

Tapewolf

QuoteThen she received Jakob's answer. She wondered how he'd done that; no one else had ever projected thoughts into her mind, Cubi or not. But he could do many surprising things and now was not the time to contemplate them. He could read minds, so he probably knew who needed her the most. She decided to follow his advice.

Heh... actually it's about the third time he's done that to Gabi.  It took a bit more time and concentration the first couple of times so I'm assuming he's getting used to doing it...

Gabi

Yes, I know. She still wonders how he does that, though. He never explained.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on October 06, 2007, 07:34:42 AM
Yes, I know. She still wonders how he does that, though. He never explained.
Good... I was afraid you'd forgotten.  It was a while ago, after all.  Perhaps Gabi should ask him when they have some kind of respite.

Tapewolf

Keaton, what's your character look like at the moment?  Is she visibly a succubus (presumably, since the countermagic stuff earlier would likely have stuffed her shapeshifting) and if so, is her clan-marking visible?

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 09, 2007, 04:19:02 PM
Keaton, what's your character look like at the moment?  Is she visibly a succubus (presumably, since the countermagic stuff earlier would likely have stuffed her shapeshifting) and if so, is her clan-marking visible?

Hm? Well, after looking back, Keaton fused her wings in her back before she started fighting with Ignatz/Stygian (she used her wing-tentacles to pry off the door), and Jakob witnessed that, so he noticed that she is, indeed, a Succubus. Also, her clan marking, which is on her right hip, is not visible.

So no, she isn't a visible Succubus.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 09, 2007, 04:29:51 PMAlso, her clan marking, which is on her right hip, is not visible.
So no, she isn't a visible Succubus.

Ok, thanks.  So when he turns his attention to her, he'll know that she is a succubus, but he won't know she's a Jyraneth.  I ask because of the Jyraneth tendency to carve the clan-mark on themselves...

Paladin Sheppard

Just letting ya'll know I'm going to be away as of tomorrow (11/10/07) for about three weeks. Sorry for the short notice but this crept up on me.

As for Eph if someone wants to take her for for the moment shes just a little knocked around and concussed, but otherwise in good health.

If not we'll just leave her in the background.

James StarRunner

I just talked to Pal. I'll handle his character, Eph, while he's away.

Gabi

Alright, take care, Pal.

I guess I'll be interacting with James the player whatever my character does, then.

Gareeku

Take care Pal. See you when you get back.

On another note, can I please ask everyone next time to READ EACH OTHER'S POSTS. Case in point; the assassins who attacked while the interrogation was happening. Thanks to not reading each other's posts, they were killed about 5 times over, leading to it looking very stupid.

It's not rocket science guys. Please, use some common sense for Christ's sake.

James StarRunner

Perhaps I do need to reread it. All I saw was Sty go trigger happy on one, Aisha boomerang another, Jakob merely stunning the only other one, and then me giving him more to be stunned about.

edit- Meh... my bad, I didn't read Keaton's well enough.

Tapewolf

Slight flub there James, Keaton whispered about the Angel thing.  I didn't notice that before, she may have changed it.

James StarRunner

Sunblink

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 11, 2007, 12:53:17 PM
I caught that part, but wasn't an error.

And for the record, James, I am deeply apologetic for any and all nastiness that Keaton produces towards your character. XD *pokes her fingers together* Jeez. I hate bigots, and yet the character who my penname is based off of is a bigot. wtf I should not have done that.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, you -could- play with it, and hope she gets her come-uppance? And maybe work towards re-educating her?

Just a thought...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Hehehe... It's quite all right Keaton. In character is different from out of character. And really? You nailed it pretty good, he is like a whiny kid. XD

He still has to develop more.

Tapewolf

Originally it was going to be third-time lucky on the gloves, with Jakob only able to get one effect per glove and giving him a pair, one for each wing :P

James StarRunner

Oh... whoops. XD

I thought it was supposed to be the other glove next. No wonder why I was thrown off.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Look on the bright side - now you can be Mr Jackson... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

James StarRunner

Heh... Magical or not, I'd still wear the other glove. My one glove 'Jackson' days are over. The old set were originally two gloves as well, just one was lost when he was young. :P

Sunblink

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 11, 2007, 01:28:58 PM
Well, you -could- play with it, and hope she gets her come-uppance? And maybe work towards re-educating her?

Just a thought...

Re-education would be good for her character development, yes, but Keaton would need a rather large kick in the butt for that. My primary concern is that she had already overcome her prejudice of Angels in the Castle RP, so I don't want to repeat that element. I'll probably play around with this a bit more... though she probably will have to make some sort of reformation in the future, otherwise she'll be grating on everyone's nerves. x3

~Keaton the Black Jackal