14/12/08 [#111] - Someone dies tonight...

Started by techmaster-glitch, December 15, 2008, 12:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

I must say, I'm a little confused as to what's going on. I mean, I get the non-bulletproof attire, but I'm lost as to what all the other dialogue is about. It feels like there's a page missing between this one and the last one.

On another note: Love the "oh crap" face. He perfectly looks like he realizes just how high on the screwed-O-meter he is >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 15, 2008, 12:25:58 AM
I must say, I'm a little confused as to what's going on. I mean, I get the non-bulletproof attire, but I'm lost as to what all the other dialogue is about. It feels like there's a page missing between this one and the last one.
I've been getting that a lot lately, it has to be said.

The implication is that Veled is going to kill them both now, off-camera.  Which doesn't really make sense given that one of them is a volunteer and the other is fodder who is supposed to die in front of the audience.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on December 15, 2008, 12:25:58 AM

On another note: Love the "oh crap" face. He perfectly looks like he realizes just how high on the screwed-O-meter he is >:3

Here's my interpretation of things: Niadia is telling Slick that everyone's expecting him to die because of general lack of popularity among the viewers, which is why Cypress felt comfortable with letting Veled visit Team Gemini. Whereas, for whatever reason, Cypress didn't want Veled anywhere near Andromeda (my theory is that part of this had to do with Jigsaw being a type of Dead Inside). In other words, I'm pretty sure Niadia is telling Slick that he's disposable, and she's asking if he's been training (as implied by Slick's response) because of the fact she predicts he's in danger.

I don't know if Princess Whats-Her-Name is in the same danger as Slick is, though. Volunteers might be fair game the minute they sign up on Last Resort, since the fourth volunteer, who lost the opportunity to become an Executioner, was treated like one of the criminals and kept in shackles during the lieutenant selection process. Then again, Niadia included the Princess when she said Gemini wasn't a "favorite."

But I'm not Jigsaw, so if I'm wrong she'll probably clear things up. That aside, I liked the comic. :B Don't die, Slick! D: You're one of the only criminals who's worth a damn.

stiletto

>_>

Cypress for whatever reason does not want Veled and Jigsaw in the same room. Talmi vampire will not go over well. She lied as to why though, saying her reasoning was that she expects some players to die and doesn't need the bloody First Wing (Veled) scaring them any more then is needed.

To satiate Veled though, she took her to see some other players, Slick and Addy. Miss Niaida took this to mean that while Cypress is worried about Veled scaring Team Andromeda into a loss, she doesn't care about the same effect being had with Gemini, and thus expects them to die anyway.

The communication failure here is that Veled can read thoughts, Melody (Miss Niaida) cannot. Not like her at least.

Sunblink

Quote from: stiletto on December 15, 2008, 06:30:49 PM
>_>

Cypress for whatever reason does not want Veled and Jigsaw in the same room. Talmi vampire will not go over well. She lied as to why though, saying her reasoning was that she expects some players to die and doesn't need the bloody First Wing (Veled) scaring them any more then is needed.

To satiate Veled though, she took her to see some other players, Slick and Addy. Miss Niaida took this to mean that while Cypress is worried about Veled scaring Team Andromeda into a loss, she doesn't care about the same effect being had with Gemini, and thus expects them to die anyway.

The communication failure here is that Veled can read thoughts, Melody (Miss Niaida) cannot. Not like her at least.

Yeah, see, I didn't know that.

stiletto

I shall have a stern word with that Keslensky girl.   :U

Sunblink

Quote from: stiletto on December 15, 2008, 08:37:38 PM
I shall have a stern word with that Keslensky girl.   :U

And I shall confiscate all her webcomic-artist-cookies as punishment! :U

*hordes ze cookies*

Jigsaw Forte

stiletto

Oh, that reminds me, did you ever get a new step counter for your DS workout game thingy?