12/08/08 [DMFA #954] - An abundance of girlfriends

Started by Caswin, December 07, 2008, 10:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 08, 2008, 06:54:42 PM
But seriously, Amber? If you do a cameo auction, you'll be a millionaire by the time it's over. XD
In the meantime it may choke off the donations as people wait with bated wallets for the auction...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sunblink

Oh yeah, I'd never be able to outbid the winner. Ultimately, my mom would confiscate the password to my PayPal account and forbid me from spending money ever again. In the end, I'd never be able to move out of the house, never be able to start a living, etc, etc, oh woe and tragedy.

oh and I'm perfectly happy with my commission of Keaton. :]

Also, don't worry, Charline. I still like you. :<

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 08, 2008, 07:30:55 PMoh and I'm perfectly happy with my commission of Keaton. :]
Are you sure you'd want Keaton interacting with primary characters anyway?  I can see that ending up rather ugly.

Keaton vanquishes Jyrras... Dan breaks his vow and vanquishes Keaton... Abel runs to get Fa'Lina...

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 08, 2008, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 08, 2008, 07:30:55 PMoh and I'm perfectly happy with my commission of Keaton. :]
Are you sure you'd want Keaton interacting with primary characters anyway?  I can see that ending up rather ugly.

Well, now that I think about it, Keaton's only dialogue would probably consist of an exchange with Abel:

"Well hello there, handsome. Haven't I seen you somewhere before?"
"You are mistaken. Shove off. And take your lackluster sense of fashion with you."

That or she'd be sobbing about her life story to Alexsi, Pyroduck, or a hat-rack after getting too drunk.

But yes, you are right. :B

Turnsky

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 08, 2008, 07:30:55 PM

Also, don't worry, Charline. I still like you. :<
with gravy  >:3

aanywho, i'm too broke to bid, so i'll be sitting on the sidelines, trying to work up the drive to work on my own..  :<

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on December 08, 2008, 07:40:25 PM
Well, now that I think about it, Keaton's only dialogue would probably consist of an exchange with Abel:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/keaton_cameo.png

Someone had to.  Now I musst sleep.

Gamma

I might not even have a chance to bid, Hotmail is being facist, blocking Furbid emails.
My username was even open, my unaltered username, that's hard to find even though it's just greek. So I'll have to dust off a yahoo account or gmail or something that would work.

I have a good idea why they block it's mail. To be perfectly honest, if I'm right I would block that lawsuit waiting to happen too.

I wonder how much that cameo will go for? It's probably going to be ludicrous to say the least. I don't know how much Oolong sold for, but I'm guessing that penny was mighty pretty!
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Silver Pomeranian Genji

I think I might donate, too. I've always wanted a cameo spot in DMFA.
Mah Boi, this peace is what all true lawyers strive for. Anybody know Moira Gianna's number?

Howl

Matter at hand: No, I'm not going to bid. I can't. No bank account or whatnot (don't ask where I keep money). Besides, wizard needs food badly. Wizard also needs money for food, so wizard can't spend money to show up in a webcomic.

Above Poster: ... I honestly have no idea how you can possibly support the pairing in your sig when one of those characters is male and gay, and the other is female.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gamma on December 08, 2008, 09:28:53 PM
I wonder how much that cameo will go for? It's probably going to be ludicrous to say the least. I don't know how much Oolong sold for, but I'm guessing that penny was mighty pretty!
It wasn't that much, all told.  The Book of Cute fetched about $1000, and IIRC some of the strip auctions went beyond even that.  If memory serves the Librarian was something to the tune of $175 - far less than I'd expected.

**EDIT**
I've checked - it was exactly $175, plus about $5 shipping.

Quote from: Silver Pomeranian Genji on December 08, 2008, 10:35:14 PM
I think I might donate, too. I've always wanted a cameo spot in DMFA.
Just to be clear, you'd need to bid on the auction as and when it occurs.  The donate button will get you kudos from Amber, but not a cameo.

Sunblink

Aleolus

Ummm, this may have been mentioned before, but Able is hiding his wings >.>  So where is that tentacle being projected from?  <.<  *Trying not to think naughty thoughts*

Jairus

Quote from: Aleolus on December 12, 2008, 10:00:43 PM
Ummm, this may have been mentioned before, but Able is hiding his wings >.>  So where is that tentacle being projected from?  <.<  *Trying not to think naughty thoughts*
Presumably from his back. His wings don't have to be "deployed" in order for him to use his tentacles, I imagine. He can just make one of them whenever he needs it.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 08, 2008, 05:26:13 PM
So my hypothesis is simply that what we would call accute ADHD is kind of normal for 'Cubi. They move into and out of things at whimsy, and rarely dedicate the sort of focus and attention that would be necessary for real scholarly work. A shapeshifting class might have a guy attend for a week, and then take off for a month for a massive HALO tournament, only to come back and have forgotten half of his lessons, and to take the entire course, on average takes a *long* while.

This is all a *very* circituous way of saying that maybe the reason it took Abel five years to learn ventriloquism is that he moved into it and out of it a lot. And he's probably pretty normal at least among 'Cubi in that respect.
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 08, 2008, 05:41:40 PM
They could very well be crappy students with a heck of a lot to learn.  Personally, I think Abel spent 5 years learning ventriloquism so he could become really good at it  :P

My dad and youngest brother learned some ventriloquism via a mail order course (not some fly-by-night outfit, but a well known one) Some skills can take many years to perfect even if you learn the techniques in a short time. Five years really isn't a very long time to perfect a skill like ventriloquism, regardless of having a monthly, weekly or even daily class. (And I mean perfection, not just decent at it.)

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Antonio Vivaldi - Four Seasons: Summer (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 13, 2008, 12:17:12 AM
Five years really isn't a very long time to perfect a skill like ventriloquism, regardless of having a monthly, weekly or even daily class. (And I mean perfection, not just decent at it.)

Actually, that was my gut instinct.  Since it didn't faze anyone else, I assumed it was easier to learn than I thought...

Technoire

The way this conversation about romance is going already seems very Seme-Uke. I'm really surprised there aren't many screaming bishounen fan-things taking notice and ranting wishfully about potential Yaoi side-content.

Although considering the inevitability of Rule 34, it wouldn't surprise me if it's been done already on someone's dark basement forum...

AmigaDragon

What do ukuleles have to do with it? As a child I played some baritone-uke and now have a soprano uke... but never heard of a seme-uke. :rock
Yaoi? Looks like something close to one pronunciation I've heard for "George" :mowhappy

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Heitor Villa-Lobos - Bachianas Brasileiras: Aria (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

MT Hazard

I'm curious (and pleased) at how many posts followed on from the 'amount of time to learn things' comment in my post, but it seems odd that nobody reacted to my comment about Dan maybe having natural shapeshifting talent.

Has this been discussed to death before or did everybody just assume that it was done for comedy purposes  only?

For the record I decide to believe that both/either are true, depending on my mood.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)