[Art/Poetry] Xze's Corner of Insanity-12/13-WIP

Started by Nikki, July 11, 2008, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you perfer more of mine?

Traditional arts
Digital arts
Writings

WhiteFox

That is it. I am so making a hand tutorial.

If you post any drawings you have attempted, I'd be happy to comment on them.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Nikki

That's a good idea, Ly =D I'll definetly attempt that.

=OO And i would worship the ground you walk on, Fox.

And now for something completely different.

Can i be proud? It's still a WIP seeing as the collar needs coloring, lines erased and thinned, etcetera, but Oh lord am i proud of this  :boogie

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

WhiteFox

The whole head is really good. I like the chin, mouth, eyes, and hair especially.

I think the crook of the thumb needs to be farther back, though.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Nikki

Crook of the thumb...crook of the thumb...Where would that be?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

The base of the thumb.

If you look at your thumb, on the outside, you can see two bends in it (when you've got it bent, obviously). The first one, where the web of the thumb attaches to the hand, is, I think, what he means.

Of course, there's also the pad on the other side. Hold your right hand in the position in the image, and look at where the outside edge of the hand is put together - the heel of the hand, and where it merges up into the pinky finger. Compare that to how the thumb creates shadows over it, and how the bulges all fit together.

Bear in mind that the hands are about the most complex part of the body, barring the brain, so people tend to pay attention to them. At least, so I find...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

*Blink blink*

Waittaminnit. I have that wrong.  That's not the thumb, that's the index finger.

Okay, so, *that's* the thumb there... I thought it looked weird for the heel of the hand.

Wait, that means the... Buh... Uh...

*Facepalm* Mmkay. I had that backwards and inside out. Overall the thumb doesn't have enough mass and length. The heel especially, and the crook of the thumb (By which I mean the inside curve, where the webbing goes between your thumb and palm). I am going to have to make that hand tutorial some time.

Nikki

*Twists and turns her hand to see the position*...OH!!! I see!! Alright i'll try to fix that...After i thin the lines to see if that helps or not of course. Thanks Boxy ;P

Alright so.. add the crook and...make the pads more pronounced right?

NDDR

nice art although i got confused on which side the thumb was.

Nikki

*huggles* i kinda confused myself a little bit ^^;;

Now i have a question. Would it be alright for me to post up a fanfiction im working on, or would that not be considered 'art'?

llearch n'n'daCorna

You may or may not have noticed, but several other people have been doing just that...

Nikki

...*searches through*

ASSUMING the mods are alright with it happening, would i continue to just post in here or make a new thread?

Oh, and Thanksgiving arts. Ish.

DANGER..Neejuh in box =P

It's gotten hard for me to draw Xze lately ><

llearch n'n'daCorna

If I was you, I'd post it in here. Over to you, though; as long as you don't have half a dozen threads on the go at once, you're probably ok.

Nikki

Alrighty i'll just post 'em in here. Thanks Boxy :hug

0-0 eep, i better work on the first post/directory.

Edit: i lied to you Boxy. I have sinned.

Nikki

techmaster-glitch

Looks like one of those poses where there's a super-strong hero trying to prevent something from falling, or maybe he's gearing up to throw something really heavy, or maybe he's charging up his Ultimate Blast attack :B

Nikki

Mmmmmm...i'm actually going for a leaning-away-from-the-wall-but-is-chained-there pose =)

techmaster-glitch

Oh yeah, I see.

What the hell do you have in mind that made you need to draw that? :erk

Nikki

techmaster-glitch