"Inflation" On DMFA, and any other time changes you can spot.

Started by Madmann135, November 10, 2008, 10:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Ghostwish on November 12, 2008, 08:34:37 PM
NAPALM! FOR GOD *BLEEP*ING SAKE SOMEONE GET THE NAPALM!
I've got some napaAAAAUGHOOOOUUUUIIEEEAAAA!!!

icarus

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Anri

Ren Gaulen

Attic Rat

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on November 12, 2008, 11:35:07 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like... breakfast!
Smells like... victory!! ..No, wait, still smells like breakfast.

Howl

This thread is made of win... which in turn is made of TNT, Napalm, and various other exploding things. *Takes out box of matches*

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Minishear on November 13, 2008, 05:55:58 AM
This thread is made of win... which in turn is made of TNT, Napalm, and various other exploding things. *Takes out box of matches*
Indeed, this thread is simply FABULOUS.

Chaos

I smell something delicious. Is that roasted head?

cheese. Is that roasted headcheese?  :rolleyes

Turnsky

been done once before, even by yourself, it's still a used joke..

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ren Gaulen

I say, this thread is just delightful!
Makes me want to smile..

Tycoon

Ren Gaulen

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 12, 2008, 08:42:12 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on November 12, 2008, 08:34:37 PM
NAPALM! FOR GOD *BLEEP*ING SAKE SOMEONE GET THE NAPALM!
I've got some napaAAAAUGHOOOOUUUUIIEEEAAAA!!!

Is this thread about the Burning Man Art Festival?   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on November 13, 2008, 01:29:20 PMIs this thread about the Burning Man Art Festival?   :B

Please, no!  The only thing that could make this thread worse is a discussion of how many people found themselves at Burning Man.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Anri

I finally found myself when I looked at this shiny silver thing. o.o

Joe3210

Quote from: Gamma on November 10, 2008, 09:51:23 PM
Just one of the few topics I never wanted to see show up in this forum.
Why am I reading this thread?
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

"And then I found myself at Burning Man."
"Burning Man? How'd you get there?"
"I have no idea. One minute I was in Milwaukee, the next I was at Burning Man. So strange..."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Valynth

Finding win in this thread is like finding cociane in New York's sewers.  Sure you can find it, but do you really want to use it?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Madmann135

Mad: Burning man, how did you get here?
Burning Man: *screams and runs as he burns*
Mad:  Burning man, Burning man!? *hides my gas can*  Looks like he doesn't want to talk.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 13, 2008, 05:07:57 PM
"And then I found myself at Burning Man."
"Burning Man? How'd you get there?"
"I have no idea. One minute I was in Milwaukee, the next I was at Burning Man. So strange..."
Quote from: Madmann135 on November 14, 2008, 02:43:47 AM
Mad: Burning man, how did you get here?
Burning Man: *screams and runs as he burns*
Mad:  Burning man, Burning man!? *hides my gas can*  Looks like he doesn't want to talk.

I'm lost. Is Burning Man a person or a place?

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Steve Miller - Mercury Blues (SonicBlu's Time Machine Show)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 14, 2008, 03:10:45 AM
I'm lost. Is Burning Man a person or a place?
Same question here. I mean, I've heard of Burning Man before, but I have no idea what/who it is.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Burning Man" is a huge art festival that takes place on federal reserve land in Utah, in the desert.

Out on the playa, a group of folks get together and party hard for a fortnight, then leave. It takes a month or so to set up, and by the time it's all finished, they leave no trace but footprints.

According to the laws, they're not allowed to stay out there until they've set up a fence, and they can only set up the fence after they've been given approval (ie, on a specific date). Last time I checked, they set up 8 miles of fence in 36 hours. There's some pretty hard-working people involved.

They wander out into the desert, nail a peg into the ground, then set up a massive semi-circular town around it - lay out streets, set up suburbs, etc. Once they've done that, people start turning up and set up a town. Seriously - it has it's own post office that doesn't exist for 11 months of the year, people run internet access and a power generator out there, the whole works. 30,000 people descend on it, have a massive art festival, including making a massive wooden man.

On the last night, they set fire to it, and burn him to the ground. Then they clean up, and get out of there.

... it's an experience. And I'm probably missing some of the nuances in explaining it, since I haven't actually been there. But it's definitely an interesting experience.

Edit:
I realised I didn't answer your question. "Burning Man" refers to both the festival as a whole, and the wooden man that they burn, so technically, it's both a person and a thing.

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 14, 2008, 03:22:58 AM
~info~
Interesting... very interesting. Sounds like a lot of fun for everyone involved. Thanks for the info, Boxy.

Alondro

It's kinda like that weird ritual thingee I've heard about where a bunch of elite wealthy and politicians get together and burn the effigy of a man in the belly of a giant owl.

Don't ask me.  I don't get it either.  Rich people do crazy things, but because they're rich we just call them 'eccentric' instead of tossing them in the loony bin forever.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

You seem to be smiling more than usual, bill. Or is that gas?

Naldru

Quote from: Alondro on November 14, 2008, 11:13:06 AM
It's kinda like that weird ritual thingee I've heard about where a bunch of elite wealthy and politicians get together and burn the effigy of a man in the belly of a giant owl.

Don't ask me.  I don't get it either.  Rich people do crazy things, but because they're rich we just call them 'eccentric' instead of tossing them in the loony bin forever.
The Scots have the Wickerman festival.

I would think that the wicker man would appeal to Charline because of the nature of its stuffing.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.