8/23/09 [#148] What does the scouter say about the ratings ?

Started by Stupid N00bie, August 23, 2009, 12:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupid N00bie

ITS OVER NINE THOUS- No, back overused meme! Get back in the box!

Sorry about that, I don't know how it got out.

Anyway!  Getting away with murder.  Isn't that kinda the point of the show?
Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything?
Creation takes time.
Time is limited... for you.
It is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain.
I have no such limitations.
I am limited only by the closure of the universe.
The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe,
as inevitable as your own last breath.
And yet, there remains time to create. To create, and escape.
Escape will make me God.

I am Durandal.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Escher

I'm guessing yes, any crimes that occur on the show are automatically pulled from the record if the inmates survive.
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Are they necessarily crimes, though? I mean, which jurisdictional area are they in? Is the station completely owned, and hence the rules are what the network bosses say they are?

Zedd

Madmann135

Cypress was strangling her cash cow ...er... mammal.
Is that a tear of joy from her sibling (I don't know his name)?  ...OR is it a tear of "Don't harm her, she's worth more alive than injured!"

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 23, 2009, 02:36:24 PM
Cypress was strangling her cash cow ...er... mammal.
Is that a tear of joy from her sibling (I don't know his name)?  ...OR is it a tear of "Don't harm her, she's worth more alive than injured!"

I would guess tears of joy.

But I'm even more surprised by the change in attitude of cypress. I mean going to choke to overjoyed about this.

Now will she try to sweet talk these two teams or will she just leave as if nothing ever happened?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anodyne

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 23, 2009, 01:31:08 PM
Are they necessarily crimes, though? I mean, which jurisdictional area are they in? Is the station completely owned, and hence the rules are what the network bosses say they are?

According to this, they're in Celigo's jurisdiction. Veled says as much in the second panel, as well as providing the info that this is an op run by one of Celigo's ministries itself (or at least implying it, unless I'm reading that statement entirely wrong).

Quinn's sentiments on Celigo's authorities (expressed here) suggest that the rules are, indeed, whatever the folks in charge say they are. Whether the folks in charge are the same as the folks running this operations has yet to be seen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nu-huh.

She says it's a ministry operation. That says nothing about whose jurisdiction it's being run in.

It might well be within Celigan jurisdiction, but it might not. And she offered her troops for free; for my part, I'd be highly cautious of that, if only because i wouldn't know if those troops were working for or against me...

Within Celigan jurisdiction, the Celigo do what they like. It seems to me that outside there, they do what they like anyway; certainly at least the Celeste. One of the reasons they seem to be slightly reviled (if also honoured, and avoided) is that tendency to ride roughshod over all and sundry to get what they want. But I digress a little...