11/05/08 [DMFA #949] - Well, it solves that, at least

Started by superluser, November 05, 2008, 02:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2008, 08:57:52 AM
Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 05, 2008, 08:50:10 AM
Two, stop thinking like humans - Why not simply steal the guys soul and eat it for energy - Or sell it to a Cubi or other creature who can do the same. Remember: Waste not, want not.
Because that's arguably as bad or worse than what DP was doing.  Dan doesn't want to turn into a monster, and I doubt even Kria would be happy at having her brother's soul destroyed forever, damaged though it may be.
Makes sense, too. :. However, I originally (before it turned out Dan was at Kria's place) expected that Dan would face off against Pegasus and "take" his soul by accident, trying to use his Cubi powers to gain an upper hand in battle.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 05, 2008, 08:57:52 AM
I certainly wouldn't be (says the person who's gone on numerous soul-stealing rampages in Oblivion).
Hey, but all those souls are safely preserved in stones, not destroyed or devoured! :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 10:41:43 AM
Makes sense, too. :. However, I originally (before it turned out Dan was at Kria's place) expected that Dan would face off against Pegasus and "take" his soul by accident, trying to use his Cubi powers to gain an upper hand in battle.

I'm really not convinced it's something you can just figure out on the fly with no prior experience or guidance.  Particularly since Dan doesn't even like to cast spells.

QuoteHey, but all those souls are safely preserved in stones, not destroyed or devoured! :B
Not to drag this off-topic, but most of them went to power the enchanted sword I was using to get more souls, a horrific sort of perpetual motion.  No, I didn't save afterwards.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

"If at first you don't succeed, you're not using enough napalm."

Cvstos

Dan should have done to DP what Tousen did to Grimmjow's arm. Hado 54 and then ash.

Yeah, Bleach reference, I know. But still, Dan. You gotta figure these things out!
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

DeedaeicMess

How is it there are two Commissars in this thread discussing weapons of mass destruction and there's been no mention of Exterminatus?

Tapewolf

Quote from: DeedaeicMess on November 05, 2008, 12:01:55 PM
How is it there are two Commissars in this thread discussing weapons of mass destruction and there's been no mention of Exterminatus?
Well, the avatar was a gift.  I know precious little about the scenario it comes from  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ren Gaulen

The Exterminatus is reserved for Heresy. I see no heresy here so far. :B

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 12:12:42 PM

I don't think that's ever really stopped the Commissars before. Just because you can't -see- the heresy doesn't mean that it doesn't need to be destroyed from Orbit.  >:3

AndersW

Dan's nose looks strange in the last panel.  I'm not sure why, it just looks off.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 05, 2008, 12:18:44 PM
I don't think that's ever really stopped the Commissar's before. Just because you can't -see- the heresy doesn't mean that it doesn't need to be destroyed from Orbit.  >:3
Let's say I am a sensible Commissar.

Quote from: AndersW on November 05, 2008, 12:20:10 PM
Dan's nose looks strange in the last panel.  I'm not sure why, it just looks off.
Its black border seems to be too thick there.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 12:21:52 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on November 05, 2008, 12:18:44 PM
I don't think that's ever really stopped the Commissar's before. Just because you can't -see- the heresy doesn't mean that it doesn't need to be destroyed from Orbit.  >:3
Let's say I am a sensible Commissar.

That would make you unique.

Also heretical...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Brunhidden

i would have preferred the ancient and extremely thorough method of vampire disposal practiced by my ancestors

step 1- get angry mob

step 2- get angry mob roaring drunk, belligerent, and violent

step 3- arm angry mob, chopping weapons for preference,  preferably at distance

step 4- locate vampire, most likely this step has already been done before taking the time to assemble a mob now you just have to steer about thirty drunks

step 5- unleash angry mob until vampire is suitably mobbed, avert eyes from what amounts to gang rape

step 6- locate remains, this may take some time and a shovel

step 7- ensure that the following are not attached to anything- arms, legs, head, heart

step 8- bury head under road in center of town, send runners to bury limbs in completely different towns preferably under road without being arrested for being creepy

step 9- boil heart in wine, then have entire town drink the wine

step 10- char heart to ash and scatter into river

ive looked the whole world round, that's by far the most thorough method of killing anything- it leaves such weird traditions of carrots in the ear or poppy seeds down the pants looking kinda pansy in comparison
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I dunno. Personally, I'd be charring the remains to ash in 7 different ovens, and spreading each bit of ash into a different river, if you want them _really_ dead.

It still involves fire, though.

Brunhidden

regular cremation leaves you with a jar of instant villain, just add fluids.

consensus- scatter remains, preferably in the most exotic and wide method possible

come to think of it even more thorough would be to add the ash into, say, a sausage, baked good, or drink mix with a roadside stand somewhere that a lot of travelers go past like the airport or the UN.

creepy factor off the scale, but you would have essentially dumped the corpse into about three hundred different acid vats heading to different places
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 05, 2008, 12:49:25 PMcome to think of it even more thorough would be to add the ash into, say, a sausage, baked good, or drink mix with a roadside stand somewhere that a lot of travelers go past like the airport or the UN.

Make bone charcoal out of the remains, and use that to filter your cigarettes.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Reese Tora

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on November 05, 2008, 08:50:10 AM
Hm... Two things. One, how about simply Charcoal + liquid oxygen, then toss a match on the mass and watch the flames. If Youtube has shown me anything, its that Charcoal and liquid oxygen make a really spectacular, really hot, extremely fast burning pyre.

Two, stop thinking like humans - Why not simply steal the guys soul and eat it for energy - Or sell it to a Cubi or other creature who can do the same. Remember: Waste not, want not.

Also Tape, it may be a little different in your case - With DP, there has been no attempt to to keep the soul 'fresh' or anything(and was buried[I think] with his body), whereas in your case, the soul went immediately into a holding gem. Just a thought.

-RobbieThe1st

hmm... how about 'cause charcoal soaked in LOX is as explosive as dynomite? you set it burning first, then add the LOX, if you want to keep all your fingers.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  So DP loses a piece of soul each time, eh?  I wonder what replaces it?

*Charline grins evily from the shadows*  A piece of meeeeeeee....  :kruger

*Charles*   D:
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on November 05, 2008, 05:44:21 PM
*Charles hmms*  So DP loses a piece of soul each time, eh?  I wonder what replaces it?

*Charles*   D:
Does it meant that you lose a piece of yourself every time Dark P is resurrected, then, eh, Charline? :P

Dagardo

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 06:13:38 PM

*Charles*   D:
Does it meant that you lose a piece of yourself every time Dark P is resurrected, then, eh, Charline? :P

More than likely, but if that the case where does the part of his soul that DP loses go? Perhaps Charline gets it in return.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on November 05, 2008, 06:25:32 PM
More than likely, but if that the case where does the part of his soul that DP loses go? Perhaps Charline gets it in return.

Before Alondro gets the line, "*nomnomnomnomnom*" ;-]

Eagle0600

Quote from: Slowtini on November 05, 2008, 02:41:15 PM
Harry Potter however... >->
NOT so sensible.

D:

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 12:12:42 PM

Again: I REJECT YOUR SO-CALLED 'GOD' EMPEROR!

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 05, 2008, 06:29:38 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on November 05, 2008, 06:25:32 PM

Before Alondro gets the line, "*nomnomnomnomnom*" ;-]

Is that me or something else getting eaten?

Eagle: You can reject the Emperor ll you want but you will get smited, how I don't know. That's not my place to decide.

AmigaDragon

Holes.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eagle0600

What about a thirst for revenge? That would be liable to replace it.

Gamma

Ahh cremation. A really sensible method for space concerns, what with cemeteries getting quite full nowadays.
Furrae probably doesn't have this problem, seeing as though The Dark Pegasus uprooted quite a few of their residence half a dozen decades ago.

Cremation is my preferable burial method. Mostly because I like so much processed food it would be cool if my body flash burned, possibly hot enough to cause damage. >:3
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Eagle0600

To cause damage to YOU maybe, I think the idea is that everyone else stays away from the fire.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Gamma on November 05, 2008, 11:28:27 PM
Cremation is my preferable burial method. Mostly because I like so much processed food it would be cool if my body flash burned, possibly hot enough to cause damage. >:3

Or maybe burn in a multitude of pretty colors :disco from all the chemicals.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Ludwig van Beethoven - Symphony No. 3 "Eroica" (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eagle0600