11/04/08 [Perfect Date #7] - No time, huh?

Started by Howl, November 04, 2008, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugo

Hum. I suppose I'm not too surprised by Wildy's answer. I just hadn't considered it before.

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

thegayhare

wow I can't believe they took my comment seriously...

that'll teach me to try and be silly

*giggles*

Mao

Quote from: thegayhare on November 04, 2008, 10:47:26 AM
wow I can't believe they took my comment seriously...

that'll teach me to try and be silly

*giggles*

It's not so much that it was taken seriously, as much as that I tried to run with it and failed.  Much like any attempt to date Wildy.

Zedd

That's alright as Wildy can be good friends with anyone :3

Dagardo

Yeah, she can be good friends with anyone, it just depends on whether she wants to or not.

Don

Wildys opinion I can not only agree to but relate to as well.

Relationships can be a pain at any given time, even if they are seemingly good ones.

Many of my friends are all in a rush to get into a relationship, and most of them have already crashed and burned numerous times. I on the other hand am standing by and trying to sort out the majority of my life before I begin considering partnership. After all if/when I do find a person I like, I want to give all that I can to keeping them happy. Which I imagine would be extremely difficult and stressful if I do not have a handle on my own life yet.

Not saying trying is wrong, but its rather silly to run into anything before your actually ready..

AmigaDragon

...with a frying pan (or some other type of bludgeoning instrument).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Brunhidden

i am under the belief that wildy WOULD like dates, however she would only enjoy it without the boyfriend/girlfriend part.

yeah, why ruin a night of good food, fun, and recreation by having to maintain a boyfriend like a virtual pet or something where you need to actually imput attention
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Nekoboy

LIES LIES AND MORE LIES!!! (it says at the bottom of the pic) Perfect date WILDY! that is no the perfect date....she looks like shes about to rip my head off......eeeeeeeeeee save me!!! *runs off in fear* XD

Alterationartist

I share Wildy's viewpoint on this. I have too much going on, maybe later. I've been happy without any form of relationship up to this point in my life, and I can damn well stay happy without them.
Round 9!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Nekoboy on November 04, 2008, 03:35:01 PM
LIES LIES AND MORE LIES!!! (it says at the bottom of the pic) Perfect date WILDY! that is no the perfect date....she looks like shes about to rip my head off......eeeeeeeeeee save me!!! *runs off in fear* XD
It's not saying she's the perfect date, it's showing her idea (none right now) of a perfect date. Why do you think she's about to rip your head off, did you say the sweatpants make her butt look fat?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lucheek

Sorry if previously asked, but how are the backgrounds done for this arc? Do you draw them, Amber, and then blur- or does it start as a picture?

Really the art- shading and coloring in particular- for this is just really pretty.

Ghostwish

Awwww, me favorite character isn't available. Oh well, I can still totally rule her in Street Fighter II!

Gamma

He he you wish.  :mwaha
Though I would imagine she would respect you quite alot if you could, or beat you to a pulp for defeating her.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Ghostwish

Quote from: Gamma on November 04, 2008, 07:07:18 PM
He he you wish.  :mwaha
Though I would imagine she would respect you quite alot if you could, or beat you to a pulp for defeating her.

Either way is just dandy with me. :D

GOOOOO BLANKA!

superluser

Quote from: Lucheek on November 04, 2008, 05:28:55 PMSorry if previously asked, but how are the backgrounds done for this arc? Do you draw them, Amber, and then blur- or does it start as a picture?

I was going to comment on them, but sadly, I'd have to comment on how B^U they look.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

DarkAudit

Quote from: superluser on November 05, 2008, 01:20:42 AM
Quote from: Lucheek on November 04, 2008, 05:28:55 PMSorry if previously asked, but how are the backgrounds done for this arc? Do you draw them, Amber, and then blur- or does it start as a picture?

I was going to comment on them, but sadly, I'd have to comment on how B^U they look.

Hey! There's no need for profanity!
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

superluser

Quote from: DarkAudit on November 05, 2008, 08:57:09 AMHey! There's no need for profanity!

Sorry, sorry.  I know how obscene Tim Buckley's name is in webcomic circles, and that's pretty much why I didn't mention it before.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: DarkAudit on November 05, 2008, 08:57:09 AM
Quote from: superluser on November 05, 2008, 01:20:42 AM

Hey! There's no need for profanity!

What? Where?

superluser

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 05, 2008, 10:52:59 PMWhat? Where?

There's a bit of an in-joke here, but most of it should be pretty accessible once you know what we're talking about.  B^U refers to Tim Buckley, author of Ctrl+Alt+Del, which gets a lot of justifiable crap from real webcomic artists.  (The B^U in particular is a reference to the stoned, slack jawed expression that all his characters have at all times.  VGCats also did a pretty funny April Fools strip called Be Up Arrow You)

Anyways, the reason for bringing it up is that Tim is known for lifting photos and simply blurring them for use as backgrounds.  I've been well-trained in my Buckley hate, so the blurred photo effect sort of jumped out at me when I saw the Perfect Date strips.

Though I certainly don't have anything against Amber for using that method.

Sunblink

I actually think the photographic backgrounds are very appropriate, given the fact the comics are supposed to resemble a dating sim. It makes the individual pages look more authentic. Plus Amber's in top form with the shading and coloring of her characters.

Not to mention, c'mon, guys, she's churning out pages at a constant rate. She needs to take a few shortcuts to make the workload easier on her.

...Superluser, I do want to hear more about this Buckley hate, though :U

superluser

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 05, 2008, 11:59:07 PMI actually think the photographic backgrounds are very appropriate, given the fact the comics are supposed to resemble a dating sim. It makes the individual pages look more authentic. Plus Amber's in top form with the shading and coloring of her characters.

Like I said, I don't have any issue with it.  It's just that I have negative associations with the style (unless it's in a sprite comic, in which case, I'm reading 8-bit Theatre).

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 05, 2008, 11:59:07 PM...Superluser, I do want to hear more about this Buckley hate, though :U

Come on over to Halfpixel.  Our most recent thread of Buckley hate is 63 pages long.

Eagle0600

Personally, I think hating someone for a style of backgrounds is horrible and borderline evil.

superluser

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 12:56:19 AMPersonally, I think hating someone for a style of backgrounds is horrible and borderline evil.

Oh, no.  I hate him because he steals comics.  Also because of the WoW guild thing and the fact that he's a tepid artist who creates bland artwork from templates and never challenges himself.  Seriously, watch the Abandoned Mine.  I'll see if I can't find the make your own CAD thread.

Eagle0600

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 01:25:54 AM
What about the STORY?

You mean C-A-D has a story since last time I looked?

Man. How'd he fit all that into one strip?

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 05, 2008, 11:59:07 PM
I actually think the photographic backgrounds are very appropriate, given the fact the comics are supposed to resemble a dating sim. It makes the individual pages look more authentic. Plus Amber's in top form with the shading and coloring of her characters.

Not to mention, c'mon, guys, she's churning out pages at a constant rate. She needs to take a few shortcuts to make the workload easier on her.

...Superluser, I do want to hear more about this Buckley hate, though :U

i don't blame her for wanting to do things as quickly as possible, despite what other folks may think, she is a mere mortal after all..

albeit an insane one..  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Eagle0600

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 06, 2008, 03:04:45 AM
Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 01:25:54 AM
What about the STORY?

;-]

Yes, he has a story recently. He has done for a while. It's a good one. Now, I can't say anything about his character, and I doubt you can, either. When you do, THEN you can hate. Until then, think seriously about the meaning of hate, and don't go anywhere near me.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 05:52:09 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 06, 2008, 03:04:45 AM

;-]

Yes, he has a story recently. He has done for a while. It's a good one. Now, I can't say anything about his character, and I doubt you can, either. When you do, THEN you can hate. Until then, think seriously about the meaning of hate, and don't go anywhere near me.

You will note I said nothing about hating him - merely criticised the strip itself. So.. why is it you feel that any attack on the contents of the strip are an attack on Tim himself?

Perhaps you should think about that a bit.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 05:52:09 AM

Taking this way too seriously, much?