[Writing/Art] Elieana - Original Stories and Art ^^

Started by Elieana, October 21, 2008, 11:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elieana

Alright... I'd figure I'd post something that I've written... But first! Some background on this piece! Yay for explanations!

I currently have a series in process (working on number 4). The genre: Fantasy. The people: Elves, Drow, Humans, Dwarves (<- though they play a much smaller part in the series...so far). This is a short story that takes place roughly a thousand years before my series starts, it is based on the origin of the Drow and the Elven goddess, Eldonar.

All names, characters, cities, ect. are my own. So here we go! Onto the story!

The False Goddess

An elderly Elven woman sat in a willow chair by the fire. Her dark hair had grayed as she neared five-hundred. To everyone, she was known as Grandmother Mooniya; she was the oldest living Elf. Children watched in awe, and came to sit beside her as they did every night. She would tell stories of the ancient Elves, and they would listen intently. Soaking in every word they heard. One night, however, she told them a different story.

"As you know," she had said one night. "Elves and Drow are mortal enemies. They weren't always, though."

"But Grandmother Mooniya why are they now?" one of the children asked.

She stared off into the distance, as sorrow and fear filled her mind. Slowly, she began her story; a story that began one-thousand years in the past...

The year was 263, and the land of Eloner was only two centuries old. The land was rich with resources, and full of magic. Every race was filled with powers that helped them with everyday life: cooking, cleaning, healing, weather, life. There was magic for every possible thing you could think of. Magical creatures––such as dragons, gryphons, and unicorns––roamed the world. Everyone lived in peace and harmony... until one fateful night when everything changed, and nothing would ever be the same.
An Elven nobleman and his younger sister had been studying magic and its origin, when they came across a dark, powerful, and forbidden secret.

"No one can ever know about this, Eldonar." The nobleman, Liam Felorna, had told his sister. "If we reveal this, it will bring chaos and discord to Eloner."

"But if we use it for ourselves," Eldonar argued. "We will be all powerful!"

"No!" Liam snapped. "We must make sure that no one ever finds this again!"

With that, Liam dedicated his life to protecting the secret, and thought that his sister had done the same. Eldonar, however, hadn't... She had different plans. She moved into the magicians' temple as an apprentice in order to learn every possible thing she could about magic from Eloner's best teachers. Once she left ten years later as a master, she moved into the deep thicket of the woods surrounding the Elven city. There, she studied more about the ancient secret set down by the first mages of Eloner. Years went by, and soon she was ready.

Eldonar knew everything about the secret and how to use it. She followed every instruction on forming the spell circle and shields. Eldonar recited the forgotten words, and felt enormous power surging through her body.

All around Eloner, every magical being was soon losing their power, and no one understood why. People began accusing others––sometimes friends and family––of stealing from them, but then they blamed the other races. The races became divided, and never again would be united as they once were.

Almost all of the magic from every living creature poured into Eldonar, until she couldn't take anymore in. She returned to the Elven city and announced herself as a Goddess, and demanded the town be named Felorna after her.

Liam knew what she had done, and secretly spread the word around the city. About half the city was on Liam's side, and they were planning to expose her to everyone, forcing her to undo the damage she had caused. However, Eldonar had grown suspicious of her brother, and sent a spy into the city. When he came back to report what he had found, Eldonar was furious.

Before Liam could confront the people of Eloner, Eldonar called all of the Elves to the town square. "My people!" Eldonar yelled over the quiet mumbles and hushed whispers of the crowd. "There are traitors among you!" The crowd then fell dead silent. Suddenly, names began to be shouted at the immortal. "Stop!" She screamed, and the crowd fell silent again, becoming uneasy and nervous. "I already know each and every one of them."

She began to call all of Liam's followers out of the crowd. One by one, she transformed them into something she called a Drow. They skin became dark blue, their hair either silver or black. Their ears grew thin and long, and their eyes glowed red. Small fangs grew in their mouths, and their nails became sharp like claws. The females each had a unique pattern of markings covering their skin. They were monsters.

"And now for their leader." Before Eldonar could call his name, Liam stepped out of the crowd. "Liam, look at what you're misleading has done to these people––your friends and family." She waved a hand at the strange beings standing before him. "But, for starting this... Your fate will be far worse."

"But I'm your brother!" Liam cried. "Your own flesh and blood! I'm just trying to save you from your––"

"Enough!" Eldonar screamed at him. "Stop filling your head with stupid nonsense! I am a goddess!!" Lightning began to rain from the sky, and in a cruel voice she said, "And I have no brother." Lightning struck him, and he became a Drow-like... But he was different. His left hand was pure bone, and his eyes were black holes.

"You, Liam," Eldonar sneered. "Have become the God of Death. You are now responsible for stealing the immortality from the Elves. Your family, friends, and loved ones... all will fear being in your presence. You will no longer be able to eat, drink, or even touch another person without killing them. You're hunger, thirst, and need for love will always haunt and overwhelm you." She laughed.

"You monster!" Liam yelled at her. "The day you erase this memory from a new generation," he cursed. "Is the day we will meet again, Eldonar... And I swear, little sister, that it will not be a happy reunion!"

With that, Eldonar ordered the Elves to chase the Drow from the city. After the Drow were gone, rumors of the Drow were started, and after long they were believed to be fact. The Elves thought that the Drow snuck into the city at night to kidnap the children and rape the women for revenge. The Drow, once the friends and families of the Elves, were now hated and feared by their own people. A fate far worse than death.

"And now," Mooniya said to them. "Magic is a very rare thing to have, and when someone does have it... They are very limited. All the magical creatures have become myths, and people find it hard to trust others who are from a different race."

"Wow," an Elven boy said, staring up into the older woman's crystal blue eyes.

A tall woman standing in the doorway caught Mooniya's attention. "Of course," she hesitated, laughing dryly. "It is just a legend. Now run home, your parents probably have dinner ready." The children ran out of the room, laughing merrily.

"Grandmother Mooniya," the woman sighed. "You know you aren't to tell the children the truth about their Goddess."
"They have the right to know." Mooniya argued.

"Yes, but if you continue to tell the generations, Eldonar will continue to reign as a 'goddess'."

"What's worse," Mooniya said looking at the fire. "Eldonar remaining immortal," she looked at the woman now. "Or our people continuing to hate their own blood?"

"They aren't our blood anymore..." the woman looked down, and then walked slowly out the door.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interesting story. Could do with a little tightening here and there, but nicely done.

Incidentally, I'd like to bring your attention to the section of the rules about naming your thread in the Tower of Art...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Geeze, these are pretty awesome!  I definitely like the style of the second one, the Tigress one.  It's got depth and I'm not sure how else to say this but a softness/roundness that isn't as present in the first one.  The hair in the second one is also up there on the awesome scale.  Do you happen to have any intentions of coloring these fully?

Elieana

.-. Maybe... I'm sort of swamped right now, art-wise, but I can certainly get to it when things die a little ^^

Not die in a bad way, mind you :) Just...you know... <_<....  :batman

EDIT: And I'm glad that the second one is okay .-. Wasn't sure what the limits of "appropriate" were ^^; I figured it would be.. but I don't know...

Mao

I've always felt that if you're not sure, tag it with NSFW or even (possibly NSFW). 

Because that means that suckers like me who view it at work have been fairly warned.  Now, that said I work in an extremely conservative workplace.  I *could* get in trouble for that one simply on the grounds that it's clearly a woman and scantily clad.  Yes, they're that anal.  I think though that my workplace is the exception though, not the rule.

Anyway, it's great work.  Keep it up.

Paladin Sheppard

Very nice pics Elieana!

The second one is very rawr!  :3

I do hope ye can get to colour them!

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note that the second one is very reminiscent of Sequential Art, or, in other words, JollyJack's style.

Not a bad thing, but you should probably be aware of it, in case someone accuses you of it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Elieana

>_> I really hope this isn't considered necro'ing... Because D: If it is, I'm sorry :( Anyway! I gots a new picture!

I used this picture as a reference, and it took me about an hour and a half to do. It's rough, and probably isn't that great, but! it's my first -real- picture with my tablet that I've had for about 2 weeks now o: Also, Photoshop is still weird to me so I basically used the brush tool and eraser the whole time <_< So nothing fancy. Unless you call adding me next to him fancy ;D

I took away his shoulder, which made his head look strange so I gave him more hair to hide the shame I have for being lazy! It didn't work :U Oh well. I'll be less lazy next time.

I also drew this one for a crazy friend who suggested it. It's more for "LOL's" than "ooo dat so cool dood"

It's a dinosaur riding a city bus over a cliff into a plane. Well.. it was -suppose- to be a plane, then it turned into a weird looking rocket-penis-plane, because I didn't care to bring up a reference for it and Lord knows I have my eyes closed when I'm in one, or getting inside of one, so my mind was fuzzy :3 That picture, by the way, took me about 20 minutes. Har har.

~Elie

Kipiru

Your style is awesome, I just love the pose on the second kitty! And the hair looks so soft! If you could only make those in ink and try to color them!

Mao

Hehe, there's something fun about your drawings here Ellie.  I love it.  They're the kind that just make ya' giggle.