Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

The second mental assault had less effect on Boogey than the prior one. It was much like his own toxins, made up of psychic arguments, but not very convincing ones. He could tell they weren't his, and denied them access. The newcomers had begun to turn on one another. Tempting though it was to let them, he knew little of what was going on. When in doubt, go with the known demon.
"That, good sir, was most ungentlemantly behaviour," Boogey said, right before spitting a glob of Toxins at the blade Stephen was holding up. The toxins were meant to rust the blade down to nothing, thus leaving the wielder that much more disarmed. Then he disappeared.
Or tried to.
I'm too real! He realized with a shock, I can't bypass that law of physics without an explination! He quickly cast about the room for an object to hide behind... or a mind to hide in.
E! Please tell me you can reroute me to somebody! Any mind! Fast! Just try to move me there, like moving a file! Boogey dived behind a nearby wall and began reciting a logical proof he'd heard somewhere explaining that all qualities, be they of physical or psychological nature, could be summarized to information and, therefor, that he himself was information. Any time now!

e_voyager

as E had been linked to boogey the request was simple enough. permissions granted. File access  : boogey moving to secure server. as e moving boogey first to a secure portion of his mind then he searched for a  body for the entity such as a pda. as boogey waits he encounters some  of E's inner beings. one of them  which resembled a K9 that seemed to be made of darkness spoke to him. "you seem to be a brave one to come in here. even so it seems the you can be of use to us..." the shadow dog pauses "E has located a  intact boom box and  what he thinks are a cluster of spider eggs. the  boom box  has what appears to be some kind of bacterias growing within it. where would you like him to send you?" " wait what about" i'm sure that we can continue this later but right now there is a battle and e's not sure who to kill. he barley knows to try to protect so lets finish this now"

edit: opps i hit the enter by mistake
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

As he had before, Stephen didn't move until the very last moment, simply because he didn't need to. For those incapable of seeing in slow-motion, he became a blur with red lightning crackling in it for a second. Those who were faster than so though saw how he made a whirling motion to avoid the acid spit, and vaporizing the drops that he could not avoid by ionizing and burning them up in the air. He then stopped, and slowly turned his head, searching for whatever had attacked him. But finding nothing, his attention then once again went to Stygian.
   "Guess they will have to die too. I would rather make it out of here."

Boog

Boogey dissolved and disappeared into E's psyche. "Not too worrying, as minds go. Then again, you really don't want to meet anyones subconcious in a dark ally." He turned away from the scenery at the K9s mention of bodies, "No no no, what I need isn't a new shape to possess. I don't have enough time to make a body right now. I just need a mind to piggyback on throughout this. I stay out there all I'll be good for is maybe a meat shield, and not a particularly durable one. I can't stay here either though," Boogey grinned and shrugged sheepishly, "Electronic minds, programs and subroutenes... I tend to muck those up. See if you can send me into someone else you're connected to; I may be able to help from there."

e_voyager

"hey Mel the thought entity was wondering if..." the shadow dog considers the smiles. "kaga Bunshin." he smiles the suddenly he his gone and the area quakes as suddenly the he the E boogey knows appears on the other side of the area. he seems a little miffed." I don't know what you said to him but he's taken over and is talking about making you a shadow copy body." out side e's body is basically charging with dark energy some much so that he's developed has healthy purple glow. " Kage bunshin no jutsu " suddenly there are two e's standing within a purple energy barrier. the shadow dog returns and the two e's stand motionless inside the field. "what did you do?"  'i mixed shadow magic with you're AWS and built a durable metal shell for our friend there.' "and if he can live in a metal body?" 'he's here isn't her? And if he really needs a meat puppet he can his the belt and go organic' "you didn't" 'i did. i copied everything but the sword. And us.' "all he wanted was a ride. Before you jumped me I was asking Mel if she could host him for a bit" 'why her?'  "because I'm linked to her and he can accelerate her healing while protecting her form other mental attacks." 'What about the metal body?' "tell you what let him and Mel decide. If he want it fine if not then you pilot it."  'fine you go talk to Mel I'll talk with him.' " what ever you say teacher dog" "I'm sorry about that Mel there was am impromptu meeting that I was yanked away to. Any way were wondering if it would be possible for the thought entity to piggy back in your brain for a while " it was then that E noticed the barrier and the shadow replication is still immobile but in was looked like dark armor. "Erebus what are you up to now?"

( a bit over the top mabye but the choice is still yous and boogey's )
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

"Someone hitchhiking in my brain. Oh the irony." Mel managed a mental laugh. "Sure, why not. It will give my work a whole new perspective. As long as he understands that I'm a big squeamish coward." To herself she added, "I should be worried that this isn't the strangest day I've ever had."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

The gash in the wall was taller than a man standing straight now, and starting to strain outward. It didn't look normal; rather, it looked as if someone had slashed a huge blade through the wall and was prying away at it with great effort and a crowbar. Bolts of white started snapping around the dark opening.

Stephen turned his head to the slowly breaking portal for a moment. Then, he made a sound that seemed almost like a short laugh, though the mask distorted it cruelly. He lowered his hidden gaze to Stygian.
   "Time to finally die, friend."

Stygian tried getting up, but he couldn't move. After a futile pair of tries, he gave up. It is hopeless. He bowed his neck forward in surrender.

Gareeku

Watching as Stephen seemingly turned against Stygian, he growled, reaching for the hilt of his katana when he saw Salticia suffer her horrific injuries. Moving quickly, Gareeku ran and, with a slight jump, caught the woman as she flew back, cushioning her faw as he landed on the floor, coming to rest up again a wall. Looking down at the woman in his arms, the wolf grimaced as he saw the full extent of Salticia's injures.
"Shit...Saltacia, are you ok? I need someone with healing magic!" He asked the woman before shouting to the others.

Looking up, the wolf then saw Stygian completely at the mercy of Stephen. Growling loudly with anger, the wolf rose to his feet, leaving the woman resting against the wall. He then unsheathed his katana, before driving it into the back of Stephen. By now the blade was blazing with light magic, and it would burn like acid through Stephen's body due to the sheer intensity of the magic flowing through the blade.

Once he had done this, not bothering to observe whether his attack had ceased Stephen's attack, the wolf returned to Saltacia, checking her wounds over.

Stygian

Stephen jerked. He looked down at the blade stabbing through his body before it drew back, and fell on his knees, wheezing through the breathing slits of his mask. How had the wolf managed to...? No matter. He focused himself, and sent commands to his nanosystem to commence repairs, while taking out what looked like a gleaming metal rod, about the length of a hand and the thickness of a thumb from within his coat. He pushed it into one of the studs on the armor on his chest. It melted into it, disappearing, and he twitched for a second.
   The next moment, he rose to his feet again.
   "That was wholly uncalled for. Had you stood back, you would have gotten off easy. No such thing now," he said to Gareeku. His blade made a sharp, swirling sound as it spun through the air and snapped as it stopped dead still in his hand at a straight angle. He took a practiced stance, and the next moment he flashed, the air tearing asunder around him as he rushed at Gareeku at barely comprehensible speed. It was impossible to defend against.

The rush passed him, and then blood slashed out from the back of Gareeku's knees, elbows, ankles... The sides of his neck were also bleeding. Stephen had eviscerated every tendon with mechanically precise cuts, and Gareeku fell to the floor in a heap, unable to move.

Boog

Boogey chuckled, overhearing the message sent to E "I'm totally okay with you not being a squeemish coward. That's what I'll add to the pair. I'll have to pass on the metal body, pal. For now, anywho. Yes, I can heal her and guard against mental attacks, mebbe add things you may need. For instance, ever consider another set of talons? Mouths on your wings, other types of fire breath, stuff like that? Entirely up to you, but my forte's modifications. But yes, I can do the other stuff." He straightened up and grinned at the nearest mental projection of E. "Beam me up, Scott-E."

Mel Dragonkitty

"NO FIRE!" eeked Mel. "Ice dragon, fire bad. Horrible steamy explosions."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Boog

"Just saying I could alter that, were it neccesary," Boogey replied, "And I didn't know the specifics of your type of dragon; I've seen things with six legs and no mouth called dragons, you'll find some variety in how the term is used out there."

Mel Dragonkitty

Assured that no fire was in the immediate future Mel commented, "Our numbers are dropping rapidly. Karl's down, Gareeku's down. Spider-lady whatshername is down. Stygian is about to go down. Someone had better be brilliant within the next few seconds before he decides to remove the rest of us witnesses." Then she added "If he's so scared of being found by the angel things why doesn't he just leave?"

Stygian

Stephen gazed down on Gareeku. Though his face was not visible, you could tell from his stance and movements that it was contemptuous.
   "Piece of trash. Stay still and do not interfere! That will be your lesson," he said, and reached down and grabbed Gareeku's neck with an iron grip, lifting him as if he weighed nothing and hanging him with his feet above the floor. He then grabbed his right arm at the elbow joint, and brutally twisted it around and clenched it. You could hear the snaps as the tendons and muscles tore, and the crunching from the bone.
   "An expensive lesson." He then let go of Gareeku, simply dropping him to the floor, and turned. He looked for a moment at Mel, but seeing her frozen, he simply ignored her and moved against Stygian again.

Stygian himself on the other hand had slumped and lay on the floor. He had managed to crawl against the opening gash in the wall a bit, but was still breathing heavily. He was reaching for it with a twitching hand.
   You had to reach the darkness. You had to! All would be fine whe - nghack...!
   Stephen planted his boot in his ribcage, and raised his sword.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha, after taking a few moments to recover from the mental blasts, had stood there in shock, watching Stephen as he suddenly moved against Stygian with malicious intent.  For a time she just clenched her boomerang handle and watched him...but every time she felt like going in to at least give Stygian a bit of defense, she was hesitant.  The panther saw how deadly and quick he was, probably even too quick for her.  Her instincts screamed inside of her head to stay out of this...it was a personal fight, none of her business.  None of the others' business.

...The idiots!  They didn't seem to see that!  They either didn't know how fast Stephen was, or were just too noble for their own good.  Before she knew it, Gareeku had charged in.  The result had him getting tossed and broken, once again thrashed and beaten like nothing.  A chill ran down her spine at the thought of going next.

Instead as soon as the wolf had dropped to the floor, she rushed towards him and caught his arm to at least soften his landing.  They landed in a heap next to Sal, whom Aisha didn't even know whether she was alive still.  The panther's hand brushed her friend's head tenderly...and it came back bloody.

Unseen by anyone but herself, a deep shudder ran through her body.  She cast a poisonous gaze to Steph.  Uncalled for.  Nobody is getting hurt again while I'm still here...nobody is going to die.  Stop being a coward, Aisha!

For the luck of the cat's reflexes, before the man had the second to take his sword to Stygian, the boomerang sliced into the floor between the two.  Clearly it wasn't aimed for Stephan...she couldn't fight him, but it should have gotten his attention.

"Back off from him, basura rapido.  Killing him might not do any good!"  the huntress demanded, drawing the weapon back into her hand and standing protectively over the fallen behind her.  "Something that I should've probably said a while ago.  The angels wanted to kill him too.  But they wanted me back alive.  He helped me save Gareeku a while ago and left something on me in the process."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

KarlOmega1

*Karl was crawled up into a fetal position, fearing mostly to the images that assaulted his mind...however, as all seem lost, a voice was heard only by him*

???: Karl, Do not despair...I am the ancient sage Zaronas...and I bring a message...only when you raise you energies to high level can ye stop this violent battle...

*the voice then disappeared and Karl snapped out of his fearful state, with a look of determination on his face*

Karl: Stephen, stop this violence this instant!

*it seemed like Karl's energy levels were rising high...too high*

Complex Security System: Warning! Warning! Omega-E type Radiation surging in Kitchen! Surge possibly due to high concentration of Emeraldine/Energon crystals or possible Mana Surge.

*Karl was transforming before their eyes...his hair turned from brown into a golden yellow with a few silver streaks...his eyes turned from hazel-blue to a yellowish green and his body was glowing all over. Of course, Karl sensed Stephen's power and knew that his level 1 Super form could only Keep up with Stephen, let alone match him move for move*

Karl: Stephen, stand down...or would you rather fight with me? Because I am not going to let you attack my friends in my home, even if they're new Aqquintances!

*Karl give a quick glance at Stygian, then quickly returns his attention to Stephen.*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Stygian

Stephen turned against her. She could almost see the look on his face through his helmet, that look of surprise and fury. He stood motionless for a few moments, and then lowered his sword to his side with an outward angle, the other one spinning out into his free hand with a wicked sound.
   "Then you have to die too. Sorry dear. And you seemed such a nice girl..." he said, and with a metallic swipe swept the swords up, crossing them in front of his face. His right foot planted before his right, he tensed. He was clearly going to decapitate her.

This was... your end... At least you would take them with you...

Stygian reached for the portal, almost open as it was now and showing a blurred image of shapes moving towards it. He just needed to reach a little further...

The room seemed to pulse for a second, and then the portal wrenched in on itself, tearing up the whole wall. Blackness swirled, a gaping hole of absolute dark forming, and air rushed through the room as it was sucked into it, along with pizza boxes, trays and plates and spoons and other litter. But oddly, it didn't affect you that much. You could feel the wind, but not that strong a pull. Stephen though was practically flying in it, screaming as he clung to one of the walls that was crumbling in his fingers, darkness pulling at his feet. Stygian lay before the portal, what appeared to be the main part of him shaking on its knees as strands of blackness were pulled from him into the vortex. He was screaming too, and his face was twitching.

With what little strength Salticia had, she clung to Gareeku and to the floor with her remaining limbs, gripping the surface of the floor with her adherent paws. She hung on. Barely.

With a metallic howl, Stephen was drawn into the blackness as the wall gave. Stygian wasn't looking at all like himself anymore. Instead, the angelic girl's appearance had mostly returned, while the shadows that were flowing out of her were thinning, seemingly turning into frantically tugging hands and claws but still seeping away.

You didn't want to die, but this seemed the only way. So much for adventure then...

The vortex crackled and stormed, and then started to shrink rapidly. The angelic girl fell forward as the last strands of darkness slipped from her, a pair of yellowish-green glowing points vanishing into the dark. Then, it snapped shut, closing like the light goes out on an old TV-set, leaving only a dug out hole almost the size of the entire wall, and at least three metres deep. Everything was silent again.

KarlOmega1

*Karl had just realised what had happened and powered down to normal form*

Karl: Wha? That...that almost looked like a more powerful form of the "Gate of the Abyss"...did that portal send them to Hell, or to a dark dimension unknown?

*Karl looks at the damage to the wall*

Karl: Great! this is gonna cost around 350.99 Credits to fix! plus tax!
I'm a Skype User.

Gareeku

As Stephen made his assault, Gareeku screamed out in pain, falling to the floor and finding himself unable to move.
"You bastard...I'll fucking kill you!!" The wolf roared out, although he was in no position to fight or even make usch a threat.

Gareeku's look of rage then changed to one of surprise as the portal sucked in on itself, taking Stephen with it in the process. After the commotion had died down, Gareeku clenched his teeth in an angry snarl, although this anger was in fact directed at himself. Once again he had failed to help, failed to protect those that needed to protecting, and instead had falling at the first hurdle, being swept aside like a leaf. Closing his eyes, he felt nothing but shame.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha held her boomerang up in front of her, half like a shield and half in preparation to attack.  She thought that she'd go fighting some powerful demon, not someone from another dimension...although, demons were in the eye of the beholder.  She prepared for the strike when the portal suddenly opened up.

Against the strong gust, the claws of her feet dug into the floor, trying to withstand the vortex that was much like a black hole.  She could hear shouts of surprise and things careening around the room and into the thing.  When she opened her eyes again, Stephen was gone...and Stygian...but the angel girl remained, lying on the ground.  The in-room storm had subsided.

Impossible, all the luck... Aisha sighed and stood up, disengaging her claws and replacing the boomerang.  The room was in shambles, but at least nobody was hurt.  She rolled her eyes at Karl's remark.  "I'll help pay for it if you like, Karl.  Later.  There are people who need mending even more."

Her ear perked when she heard a bit of noise from behind.  Sal and Gareeku were stirring.  She turned around and kneeled in front of them.  "So...you're okay, right?" she inquired with a tone of worry.  She cast a glance of suspicion to Sal, as she had been with Steph at first, though had displayed some heroism otherwise, which at least earned an impressed grin from the huntress.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

"Apart from losing the ability to move any of my limbs, I'm fine thanks." Gareeku replied, looking up at Aisha with a slight smile. "Though I think Sal needs a bit of seeing to. I think she's lost a lot of blood."

Stygian

"Heh... no need to... fret..." Salticia somehow managed to say, while clasping her blood-soaked chest. But blood was trickling from the sides of her mouth as well, and something was swimming at the bottom of her eyes... Well, at least the larger ones.

The girl laying on the floor before the portal was still, yet it would seem to those who were looking that her chest was heaving...

e_voyager

( wow i miss the bus home and have net problems for a bit and this greets. while I'm catching up even more replies ouch well lets see)

E heals boogey's request and on seconds he has been sent to Mel on  the link. Mean with Erebus has taken control of the shadow reliant and is laughing evilly as he  alters it even further  he is ready for a fight but the fight seems to have left with out him.

Mel Dragonkitty

"Admiral, maybe you should worry less about the hole in the wall and more about getting blood stains out of the floor. There are three injured."

e_voyager

"Erebus med detail" says e as he movers over to  assist Gareeku  he picks the wolf up"will you be okay Gareeku?" he ask as he med scans for broken bones while carefully  moving the wolf to a couch while Erebus grumbles checks on Karl

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on November 30, 2006, 08:05:00 AM
"Admiral, maybe you should worry less about the hole in the wall and more about getting blood stains out of the floor. There are three injured."

*Karl looks at the three injured*

Karl: Oh shi...*opens the pocket dimension portal and sticks head through it*...you two, come out here!

*two people came out wearing white cyber armor with red lights on their shoulders and the "Red Cross" insignia on the crest...they were medics*

Karl: Help me get these three up to Medbay, Quickly!

*Karl and the two medics got to their duty and began to take the injured to Medbay*
I'm a Skype User.

Aisha deCabre

As the others are helped up, Aisha takes a second to inspect the giant gouge in the mansion wall.  An ironic smirk crossed her face.  Well, if they didn't believe something strange happened here, they'd believe it now.

Her eyes narrowed slightly as her stare seemed to go off into space.  I wonder what happened to Stygian all of a sudden.  Her hand rested on a part of her stomach, wondering if whatever was inside went with him too.  With all the bizzare things that went on, she was ready to expect the truth of everything.

After a moment or two she followed the others up to medbay and sighed, leaning up against the nearby wall and looking around at the injured distrubuted to respective beds.  The angel girl once again freed and breathing, Sal, and once again, Gareeku.  "Why don't we just stay up here?  We're in this room way too often."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

*OOC: Sorry if I’m not supposed to post OOC here. I looked for a discussion thread, but couldn’t find one. Anyway, what do I need to know (other than what is noted in the first post) before joining in here?*

Tait-Fox

=Wanders in shyly...=

Hi.. o.o I don't know whats going on.. (and theres a lot to catch up on >.<)

=He wanders over to an empty couch and sits=

Joat

*OOC: I think she has the right idea. Ready to enter ICZone, Syl?*

*Sylver: Am I ever!*

*OOC: Then let us go.*

Sylver (my pet robotic dog) and I (the “human” scientist) walk in. I sit next to Tait-Fox and Sylver sits next to me.