Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Salticia was practically weeping.
   "I didn't do it! I swear! We just have to go. Please!" She started trying to force her way between them. There came no more flickers, but both Mel and Boogey were quite sensitive to... moods, and settings. And while Stygian's presence before when he fought them had been dark enough, this was plainly terrifying. It was pressure, weighing down on them, and tension like a cruel whisper hanging in the air. And it was ill will, like eyes watching them from the dark, and things crawling for them through the walls.
   "Please, or we won't make it out!"

KarlOmega1

Karl: you want an Exit?

*Karl grabs everyone (except for the thing with the glowing red eyes of course) and breaks down the door...he then runs out the doorr and heads down to the lower levels, dragging everyone behind him*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Boog

OOC: Somehow, I doubt that your character has enough hands to grab everyone at once Karl.

"I," Boogey said, attempting to restrain his temper, "am sick of this. I am sick of ominious presances and dark shadows and inner demons and all of This." Calm down. Only brutes who can't come up with anything better lose their tempers, exspecially at someone already distraught. Calm DOWN. Make a joke out of it. "I am a stubborn, stubborn person and, while I couldn't impress upon Styggy-boy that sharing information helps, it would seem that I can do so with you," He grabbed Salticia's arm, and grinned manically, "Now tell me what's going on or I'll hang on and weigh you down and make SURE you don't make it out in time for whatever's about to happen." Then, turning away from her, he winked at Mel and mouthed And now you be the good cop.

KarlOmega1

OOC: I might have used magic to telegrab them, ya know.

I'm a Skype User.

Joat

Sylver chronoshifted out of his grip. I arrive and stand next to Sylver.

“Something’s coming,” Sylver says.

“I noticed. Well, I doubt we’ll be able to handle it for long, but I think we can hold it off until everyone else is far away from here,” I say, unsheathing my sword.

Mel Dragonkitty

"Now I'm sure she'll tell us everything once she feels safe. It's just hard to concentrate when you're scared. Right Saltica? You want to tell us, right?"

OOC:  Karl and Sylver are two floors up in medbay. How do you know we're being menanced?
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

The door didn't break. It just... didn't. Karl hit it with a force that he knew should have managed to smash it into and through the opposite wall. But it didn't move more than if he had just bashed it somewhat with a hand. At the third kick, he managed to break away the hinges, and to get out. But when he looked back, the door was still closed.

Normally, Salticia would have used her strength to rip away Boog's arm. But she was terrified, and only shook in his grasp. And she wasn't really aware of his power either. She heard Mel's words and stilled, but she still looked teary-eyed and angry when she spoke. And very afraid.
  "It's a Nil vortex. When you open dimensional doors between real space and somwhere where space isn't even defined, you don't exchange energy like you normally do. You can't, because that place will just kick it back. So the energy goes to something else instead. It wants to get back into existence, since it can't be destroyed, and you end up upsetting the whole of space. Normal portals just send out ripples that smooth out nice and quietly. A vortex like this basically explodes and rips it to shreds! Reality is torn apart!" she shouted at him, then looked over her shoulder as the lights flickered again and another shake hit the room, like a huge heart beating. "And what's worse is that it leaves cracks that other things can get through...
   Stygian's power is wholeheartedly dark. And it's infectious and uncontrollable, if he isn't there to stop it. If part of him is still there, it could grow into a
monster."

((OOC: There is no escape. There is no defense. There is no easterbunny. Now, listen the fuck up; you are going to DPS very veeery slowly... (OBS: quotes!)))

Joat

*OOC: Well, it was implied that Aisha is on the same floor as us. So when the jewels shattered, Sylver began to get suspicious. Also, there was the blackout and the rumbling. Then, of course, Karl did what he did. All those were how Sylver found out. As for IC Joat, he can read Sylver’s facial expression fairly well. And what does “DPS” mean?*

Boog

"He couldn't leave quietly, oh no. He had to leave another unstable mess in the laws of physics. Jerk," Boogey muttered, letting go of Salticia, "Sounds sorta like me; technically only real for a given value thereof, and mostly exists by bypassing various laws of existance wherever it is." He looked at Mel, "Next weeks lotto numbers say that this thing's already cut off any and all escape. What would such a creature want?"

Joat

*OOC: And nobody has told IC Joat or Sylver what the danger is yet. This might not end well.*

Stygian

Salticia simply stared darkly at the Boogeyman. She still looked afraid, but now she was furious too.
   "Don't you talk like that about him! He can't help it! He's been getting better. And then he had to come here! And there must be other things there too. We've seen them before, and..." she stopped. She realized she had gripped him by the collar. The Boogeyman's feet were a good two feet off the ground. She immediately let him go, and held her arms to her.

"Sorry..." she said, ashamed. She looked down to the floor. "I don't..." Another flicker came as she spoke. This time, you thought you heard whispers...
   Salticia looked all around. The room had somehow gotten progressively darker, more looming. It seemed like the shadows were reaching for them.
   "What does a virus want?" she simply said.

Boog

Boogey dusted his coat off.
"What a virus wants? Eat, breed, do repeat until death. We're in trouble, huh?"

Joat

Sylver and I explore med bay and try to find the trouble.

KarlOmega1

Karl: Virus? Oh heck no! That vortex you're saying leads to the digital universe? Or are you referring that whatever that thing in it is a Bioweapon?
I'm a Skype User.

Stygian

"Now you see it," Salticia said. At Karl's comment though, she only made a bitter, mirthless laugh. "You're thinking way to conventionally here. Try something that's far worse than both; something that doesn't stop at the merely physical, but can't be stopped by magic either. It's evolved past that."

"That's all the most probable event. If we don't get out now, we will be trapped and die in here. Or we won't, which is even worse." That sounded very final. "We have to get out before the phenomenon reaches its peak. These things usually start slowly, but they can keep going for years. Decades even."

Mel Dragonkitty

"Okay," said Mel slowly rubbing at her temples, "You're telling us Stygian is now a house-sized virus. Beautiful. Admiral, where are Aisha, Gareeku, and e? They need to be warned."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

KarlOmega1

Karl: I have them right here.

*Karl is currently holding onto Aisha and Gareeku by the collar of their necks...E, however, was over karl's shoulder*

Karl: dang! you are so heavy, E!
I'm a Skype User.

Joat

Sylver and I were are close enough to be able to hear this conversation. “Think we should get out of here. But we need to make sure they get out of here, too,” I say to Sylver.

“On it!” Sylver says.

“Oh, right! The chrono drive.”

“Yup!”

Sylver and I walk into the room. “Chronoshift Express ready for take-off!” Sylver says.

Boog

"Lovely..." Boogey muttered, already running off to find an exit, "C'mon guys! Our asses wont save themselves!"

Aisha deCabre

((Good lord, how the heck am I gonna keep up with you people? o.O  Aisha wouldn't have let anyone grab her by the neck at all...but if you insist, Karl.  I have to pull a "cat-scared-by-a-vaccuum" move on you though.   :rolleyes ))

Aisha had been relaxing in the medbay during the whole fiasco, waiting for the scientist newcomers to answer her question about who they were.  When they didn't answer, she merely shrugged and went back to watching the others, to see if they had healed properly with no strange effects from that healing powder.  Sal had suddenly gone out of her notice, and the pantheress quirked an eyebrow as she dashed off so fast.  Now what's her problem?

Shrugging, the panther turned a bit of attention back to Gareeku.  The wolf seemed okay, though he wasn't saying much.  She hoped he was okay.  He was still wearing that light bracer on his wrist, and she wasn't about to let him die again.

Then suddenly, the air was permeated with something strange to her quick senses.  Her tail flashed like a blinding lightbulb, before its smooth green surface cracked as if under pressure.  She suddenly grimaced, wrenched with a dark fear as to have lost her only source of detecting dark energy.  "Oh, bueno... now I'm gonna have to get this thing re-enchanted...HEY!"

The panther found herself suddenly being carried partly by the scruff and partly by her cape and shirt collar downstairs, Gareeku beside her.  She struggled enough until suddenly seeing that it was only Karl.

As soon as they reached the downstairs, Aisha was more than a little pissed with all of these events.  "Unhand me!"  With an annoyed growl she swiped at Karl with her outstretched claws and jumped away, grabbing the boomerang from her belt with anger and unease as to why everyone was running around.  "What in all of cielo y infierno is going on!?"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

e_voyager

(ooc Karl E is currently in the Attic fighting a shadow copy of himself inhabited by his dark side 'that's dark not evil' Erebus)

that's why you lose E you're too soft E growled and  dash jumped out of the way. as six remote mines explode in the area he just vacated. the room filled with lighting as e  counter attacked.

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Joat

I open up my laptop and begin typing into it. “Seems to be ‘sky and hell’. Actually, probably ‘heaven and hell’.”

Sylver has a shocked and scared look on his face. “Um, Joat, bad luck. The Chrono Drive is malfunctioning.”

“Crud and three quarters!”

Stygian

"We have to leave. Now!" was all that Salticia said, not giving another explanation. "This place is going to come apart. Where is the exit? It shouldn't have reached beyond all this," she said with a motion of her hand.
   There was another shudder, under which the air seemed to ripple, and the lighs flickered back and forth, on and off. For a moment, you thought you saw the shadows at the base of the stairs take shape, forming a silhouette of a man walking against you, blood red eyes burning.
   "Now!!!" Salticia screamed.

Joat

“I think I’ll go with that tactic. Hope nobody minds,” I say.

“Not at all,” Sylver says, “Problem is, I don’t remember where the exit is from here.”

“I remember it’s three floors above us, but that’s all.”

Mel Dragonkitty

OOC:  Can we agree on the layout of this complex? My understanding was lounge (where the portal exploded) was on the ground floor, med bay was two floors up and the attic one floor above that.  Are we suddenly in the dungeon or are we going out the attic?

Joat

*OOC: IC Joat was being an idiot. To my knowledge OOC, we are two floors below med bay. I just had IC Joat say three, my way of demonstrating how little he knows of the layout.*

Aisha deCabre

((Yeah...I got the idea that Medbay was THREE floors up from the main lounge, and just above that was the attic...))

Aisha was breathing a little hard, glancing around with a nervous energy, her head whipping back and forth while the boomerang was held in a defensive position.  So shaky she had suddenly gotten that the tip of the blade had nicked her arm...that had happened when a shadow seemed to appear from out of nowhere.  The whole house was like a vortex of ominous, teetering-on-the-edge-of-oblivion energy.

Even though her tail ring was broken and running out of light enchantment, it still fizzled and sparked with a hideous urgency.  And seeing all of this, the huntress, normally serious and very composed, was shaking a little.  Seeing Sal scared and everyone else jumpy didn't help with matters.  Her tail ring NEVER broke...and if it did, she was suddenly out of the fighting league altogether.

"Yeah, okay...let's retreat..." she almost stammered and muttered halfway beneath her breath, "Dioses, nos dan fuerza."  (Gods, give us strength.)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Whispers started slithering through the air. Or your minds. You could not be sure of which.

...you will not leave us here...          ...traitors...!         ...We died for you...         ...what have you done to us...?            ...make the pain go away...!            ...we are waiting for you...              ...power... overwhelming...!           ...we hate you...!              ...your flesh is warm, and your blood...                 ...heart! Go for her heart...!             ... stop it! please...!             ...tasty...               ...kill you all...!                ...open up...!            ...We died, and so shall you...

((OOC: The door is on the bottom plane where you are at, I believe. Though the house might be situated on a slope, so that one side's exit is one floor higher. That, I don't really know.))

Joat

“Angry spirits. Fine, spirits; how, might I ask, could we possibly take you with us as opposed to leaving you here?” I ask.

“Joat. It’s too late. We can’t help them… at least I don’t think we can,” Sylver says.

Mel Dragonkitty

"Admiral, it's your house, which way out?"