[Music] Bloody Tears RMX

Started by Nimrods Son, October 16, 2008, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimrods Son

<yawn> another stoopid Bloody Tears RMX...
I did a pseudo-8-Bit version for the Vampire Hunter X homebrew and decided to put it up on myspace:

www.myspace.com/mardukh

although I guess we're all oversated with Bloody Tears now, I think I gave the track a nice, straight new approach, so, please let me know what you think!

Greets,

Angantyr

llearch n'n'daCorna

I think you should re-read the rules about naming threads.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Nimrods Son

Iiii see... haven't posted here for a while. Thanks for making me notice.

Tapewolf

Cute.  What did you use to make the mellotron choir?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nimrods Son

:eager   the only reason I posted it here was I wanted to tell you about the choir ^_^
It's one of the basic Reason presets, I don't know which register, I'll look that up or mail you  a save file of the preset, if you want it.
The harpsichord still is a bit too hip-hopish, like something cheap Dr. Dre would use for 50 Cent or a weenie like him. Have you got a better-sounding harpsichord preset you would share with me, for any software?
But still:
reason => :hug<= Angantyr

Tapewolf

Quote from: Angantyr on October 17, 2008, 10:41:50 AM
:eager   the only reason I posted it here was I wanted to tell you about the choir ^_^
It's one of the basic Reason presets, I don't know which register, I'll look that up or mail you  a save file of the preset, if you want it.

It sounds a little sampled, actually.  The best ones have a single sample for each note rather than repeating them, but it still a better job than the MVS-1 does.

This is mine, I use the AKAI sample CD with custom-written playback software:
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/music/tornadoproject/trontest.wav.mp3

QuoteThe harpsichord still is a bit too hip-hopish, like something cheap Dr. Dre would use for 50 Cent or a weenie like him. Have you got a better-sounding harpsichord preset you would share with me, for any software?
But still:
reason => :hug<= Angantyr

I don't use harpsichord much, but the Triton has a couple of okay ones.

Nimrods Son

Nice sounds! I like how the organ gives something like a slow-burning "determined-ness" to the choir singing.
Excellent Depeche Mode-ish harmonies, btw!  :kirby

Tapewolf

Quote from: Angantyr on October 18, 2008, 05:43:30 AM
Nice sounds! I like how the organ gives something like a slow-burning "determined-ness" to the choir singing.
Excellent Depeche Mode-ish harmonies, btw!  :kirby

Thanks, that song was on the second album, "Songs for the Wild-At-Heart".  That particular recording was the first time I managed to get the playback software to work from sequencer control.

Nimrods Son

Proper sequencer usage would be one more step to take before I could call my recording "professional". But at the moment, I'm having a hard time getting Addictive Drums working without my synth-playing fellow band member ;)