Raiders Of The Lost Art

Started by AndersW, October 14, 2008, 07:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

Since Amber is feeling sick and said that she might miss the update tonight, I thought we could entertain ourselves by sharing some old DMFA related art that you can't find on the site anymore.

I have some old art from the cast pages.

Lest start things off with Abel.

And the full sized imige. Abel
I like this one better than the current picture of Abel, because he has a smile on his face.

Second one up is Wildy.

link to full

Next we have Daniel Ti'fiona.

link to full

After that is an even older version of Dan.

I can't find the full sized image that goes with this preview.  If you have it feel free to post it here.

And the last one for now is Jyrras.

Like the last preview, I don't have the full sized image that goes with it.

What old art do you have sitting on your hard drive?  We would love to see it.

RobbieThe1st

Well, if its OK with various admin-like people, I have plenty of stuff - I collect art(Of webcomics), so I have pretty much anything I have ever seen of Amber's(and a couple other people) in a local archive. So yea, I can post a bunch, but I really don't want to get in trouble for it. If/when I get permission, I shall edit this post with a portion of my collection.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

skwerly

I have close to 2000 images, not counting the comic.  I'll be happy to share, if I'm allowed.

Tapewolf

Pity I saw this after I turned the machine off.  When I get home, I'm sure I have part of the Abel-Regina war that is not in the official archives.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AndersW

Well until the mods give the OK (or shut us down), I will continue to post images from the cast page.

First up we have Pip and Wildy.

Next up we have Kria and Alexsi.

Then we have Dan and Mab.

And lastly we have Azlan and Amber.

Sofox

Tapewolf

To the best of my knowledge, these two are not in the archive:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/WW4.gif

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/WW5.gif

This was an intermission strip while Amber was sick:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/no_this_isnt_his_backup_plan.jpg
...I still say it should be included if AS ever goes to print.

And this is the original, more subtle punchline:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Vol551.jpg

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RobbieThe1st

Well, in the absence of any confirmation, I shall simply post my collection of "edited" comics & Amber's art
Oh, and while I was at it - a couple of wallpaper wars, and a little bit of stuff
Here.

(P.S. input on my gallery script welcome in PM)

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

skwerly

Click here for 72 wallpaper war images not in the archives.

I finally broke down and got a photobucket account.  If I screwed it up bad, please let me know privately.

Nekoboy

Lol I love the old black and white one she posted while sick =3

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: skwerly on October 16, 2008, 07:33:14 PM

Holy crap where did those Wizard of Oz ones come from. Must see all of them. Must be archived.

Ghostwish

After a very careful analysis and through examination, I have found this thread to be comprised of win and success.

Sofox

I finally broke down and got a photobucket account.  If I screwed it up bad, please let me know privately.

Thank you so much, I've been wanting to look at the Oz wallpaper war for a while. I was right to think I was missing out because is some hilarious stuff in it. Thanks for letting me see it, and thanks to Amber for making such class stuff in the first place.

Aleolus

>.>  Does it say anything that there's anything wrong with me that I find the Wildy pics incredibly hot?

Sunblink

Aww, you beat me to posting the Wizard of Oz ones! :c But you go above and beyond the call of duty, good sir, because I don't have all of them.

Also much approval to AndersW, for posting the old Abel profile picture. I've been desperately wanting that one. Oddly, when the profile information was first released, I thought Abel was going to be an Incubus prince because of the crowns in the background of the image. I liked fantasizing.

skwerly

I think I'm missing a couple images from the Oz series.  For example, it feels like there should be a panel between 0160b and 0190.  Anyone have a more complete collection?

I sent an email to Amber asking what art can be (and should not be) shared.  I don't want to post much without her blessing.  However, if y'all have some no-brainer-of-course-it's-ok ideas like the Wars, let me know and I'll see what I have.

Meanwhile, I made the mistake of trying to sort my collection by character name in an effort to weed out the dupes/crops/edits/whatnot and GOOD GODS HOW MANY CHARACTERS DOES THAT WOMAN HAVE?!  I'm already up to 100 folders and I'm still in the M's!

But that just makes it more fun.  OCD FTW! :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 17, 2008, 10:25:45 PM
I liked fantasizing.

... but not any more?

Quote from: skwerly on October 17, 2008, 10:26:58 PM
I think I'm missing a couple images from the Oz series.  For example, it feels like there should be a panel between 0160b and 0190.  Anyone have a more complete collection?

I might do, but it'd be on my desktop, which is in a box. And has been since February.

Sooner or later I'll dig it out and turn it on, but don't hold your breath...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 18, 2008, 06:59:01 AM
Sooner or later I'll dig it out and turn it on, but don't hold your breath...

*turns blue*

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Aleolus on October 17, 2008, 10:18:13 PM
>.>  Does it say anything that there's anything wrong with me that I find the Wildy pics incredibly hot?

Only if you think Wildy-child is hot. Cute kid, ok. But hot kid? That'd just be sick.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Aleolus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 18, 2008, 11:02:07 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on October 17, 2008, 10:18:13 PM

Only if you think Wildy-child is hot. Cute kid, ok. But hot kid? That'd just be sick.

No, it's Wildy-san I find hot.  Wildy-kid is cute, yes, but I very much prefer Wildy-san

Dagardo

OK, since we're on the topic of Wildy-san, I have a question. My brother came up with an idea, I think it's moronic, but here goes. Would a wizard with "enough power to destroy the universe" make Wildy-san cower in a corner in a fetal position? Again not my idea, but I was wondering what you people think. And he also says I have a crush on Wildy-san... If that's what he wants to believe then hey, who am I to argue.

Howl

Dagardo,  :stfu. Vaermina's Quagmire* could do that to Wildy,  although if her inner sweetness were exposed, said area would probably snuff it out.

*It has to do with The Elder Scrolls.

Dagardo

Yeah and some how I get the Idea me and you are talking about two completely different Wildy-san characters. Are we? Cause I think we are. And by the way, you

AndersW

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 17, 2008, 10:25:45 PM
Also much approval to AndersW, for posting the old Abel profile picture. I've been desperately wanting that one.

I had a heck of a time finding it myself.

Since we are on the topic of Wildy.

Howl

You're smitten with a ferret that could send you to a hospital, Dagardo.

Face it, There are several things that could kill Wildy, had they the mind to, either from DMFA or any other universe.

Dagardo

As much as any of that may be true, you for have no proof that I am smitten, nor do have any proof that I'm not but that's beside the point. And yes they're are plenty of things that could kill Wildy-San, this I understand and so do you it seems. What you don't seem to understand is that she wouldn't be afraid of them, and don't pull this one on me either, she aint afraid she was caught off guard despite whatever the look may imply. And now you're gonna look for another to pull out on me, I know. Good luck finding one.

Ghostwish

'Ebil' is not so evil it's spelled wrong, it's cute and evil at the same time..

.. which would sum up our beloved ferret quite nicely.

AndersW

Next up we have the old Jyrras wallpaper that appears to be missing from this page.

For some reason I could find every size for that wallpaper except the 800x600 one.

Howl

Well Dagardo, do you want one from the comics, or should I bring up something from nowhere?