July 10, 2006- Sodomy

Started by Eibborn, July 10, 2006, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Zina on July 12, 2006, 01:38:50 AM
Quote from: thegayhare on July 12, 2006, 01:34:42 AM
Quote from: RJ on July 12, 2006, 01:13:15 AM
Better change that 'Calvin and Hobbes' to 'Winnie the Pooh'...  :mowsad I've seen it, and it burned...
Hah I've seen both

Noooooo. ;o;

Oh yes, what's creepier is that they existed BEFORE Rule #34 was coined and the artists making this stuff up to keep the rule true.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Panyko on July 11, 2006, 08:16:10 PM
In terms of editing DMFA comics/images and posting them on the forum, I have no issue with it, so its likely not an issue. I mean...I think everyone here would know where you got the art from.  It also is the same case if you have an image for your avatar/signature that is borrowed from a different source.  What they likely are referring to is people who will make an art thread, fill it with art that was obviously traced or edited up, and claim that it is their original piece with no credit given to the original artist.
Yes, I know what they're trying to prevent - I just think the way it's done is rather over-broad.  But then I'm one of those rare people who actually follows rules most of the time.. the only one on the company who actually fills in their timesheet each day rather than making it up at the end of the month.

Quote from: Amber Panyko on July 11, 2006, 08:16:10 PMIts highly unlikely it applies to DMFA edits and things...not to mention this is the DMFA section and not the art section, so my rules apply primarily to this place. And I find your comic edits funny.

I guess it's mostly paranoia of "this should be in the Art" section and it being shunted to the place where it violates forum rules, but I somehow doubt the moderators here are that sadistic :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 12, 2006, 06:27:49 AM
...I somehow doubt the moderators here are that sadistic :)

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *pause for breath* hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

*grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ITOS

What about art I use in signatures? Should I be responsible for crediting the original artist or is that he job of the one who uses the signature? :help
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Amber Williams

I really wouldnt worry ITOS. I doubt you are trying to take credit for the character in the game.  Considering some forumnites have screenshots of games in their sigs, I dont think its an issue.

Its basically like this.  If you draw a picture and post it in the gallery for critique or display, you basically give credit if credit is due.  I doubt anyone who has edited a DMFA image is going to go about saying they are the original creators...cause everyone here will know where its from.

Keep in mind, those rules are for the art forum and primarily they are in terms of people posting up their own artwork for critique or display.  If you are making a thread showing something you drew or wrote, it should be your original work.  You wouldn't copy/paste and edit a few chapters of Harry Potter then post it as if it was your story...so you shouldn't take an existing image and edit it up saying its yours.

DMFA-forumwise though, as I said...I personally have no beef. And so there isnt an issue because in this forum section I AM GOD! BWA HA HA HA HA!

Basically if I haven't complained about it in the old forum, I likely wont complain about it now.  And I doubt Dmoon or Damaris will crack whip either.

RJ

What Amber said. I mean, it's just a siggy. It's not the entire art piece and it's not very big at that, so it's not that much of a deal I'd think. It's like fanart in a way :3

Netami

Just make sure your signature isn't fanart from Mabland.

King Of Hearts

*walks back in from the tower*

I dared.

Netami

Score one for the super-perverts!

Alondro

*Charles is stung by the Vespa woman!*  I have seen many many things... things I cannot speak of... browsing over the VCL galleries...  :mowdizzy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: King Of Hearts on July 13, 2006, 06:51:22 AM

I dared.

And the dueling banjos rage on as half of the DMFA fandom cheers in joy.

"That night, on fchan..."

Tapewolf

Quote from: FireKatKid on July 13, 2006, 02:23:57 PM

I dared.

And the other half recoils in horror :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kenji

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 13, 2006, 02:25:30 PM

I dared.

It's best to just turn your head and look at something shiny.  :laugh
Oh, look! A kitty cat!  :januscat Here little kitty cat! Do you want to sneak into the time vortex  as the world is saved? Good lil kitty.

Saist

Quote from: FireKatKid on July 13, 2006, 02:29:23 PM

I dared.

Oh, look! A kitty cat!  :januscat Here little kitty cat! Do you want to sneak into the time vortex  as the world is saved? Good lil kitty.

MEOW!

thegayhare

Quote from: je.saist on July 13, 2006, 11:07:36 PM

I dared.

MEOW!

*steals the kitty cat and takes it off to the shadows to do do naughty things*

Saist

Quote from: thegayhare on July 13, 2006, 11:54:56 PM
Quote from: je.saist on July 13, 2006, 11:07:36 PM

I dared.

MEOW!

*steals the kitty cat and takes it off to the shadows to do do naughty things*

EEEEEEEEP!! LEMME GO LEMME GO LEMME GO LEMME GO!

thegayhare

Quote from: je.saist on July 14, 2006, 02:24:51 AM
EEEEEEEEP!! LEMME GO LEMME GO LEMME GO LEMME GO!

Quiet you...
*theres a buzzing noise from the shadows as the bunny pulls sometihng small and battery operated out of a pocket*
Don't make me use this on you.
*goes back to doing naughty things*

I realy don't want to use it but if you don't keep your voice down I'll just have to use them, and you'd look realy silly... a cat with a poodle haircut

Alondro

*Charline grins at the blue kitty*  I could 'save' you... *great, wide grin of gleaming lion fangs*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Vidar

* steals cat from TGH *

* Tosses TGH towards Charline *

Have fun you two.

* let's je.saist go *

:batman
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

thegayhare

But But but... I'm not done I still need to rinse the shampoo out of his fur before it can be styled...

*looks up at charline*
Oh well  now theres a cat who needs a poodle hair cut

*breaks out the extra large eletric clippers and the hairspray*

Gullible

This thread is going kinda off-topic now.  I mean, I'm not sure if we're conveying the right sort of message by coming to a new forum and sparking off all of this.

Not that I personally mind or anything.  :mowwink

llearch n'n'daCorna

When was the last time we had a thread that *didn't* go off-topic? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gullible

Yeah, but there's off-topic, then there's just plain "out there".

Also, there are few occasions where we're still talking in a comic's thread four days after publication, so I worry why so many people are excited by the idea (a la that art thread I've heard bad things about  :mowsad).

thegayhare

Quote from: Gullible on July 14, 2006, 10:40:09 AM
Yeah, but there's off-topic, then there's just plain "out there".

Also, there are few occasions where we're still talking in a comic's thread four days after publication, so I worry why so many people are excited by the idea (a la that art thread I've heard bad things about  :mowsad).

Oh shush you...

don't make me break out the gravy and a turkey baster (no not for that you perves,  I'm gonna cook him)

I'm just having som fun in the little time I've got left round here

Gullible

You're going away?  :(

*Huggles*  Good luck with everything, ay?

Saist

Quote from: thegayhare on July 14, 2006, 10:25:15 AM
But But but... I'm not done I still need to rinse the shampoo out of his fur before it can be styled...

*looks up at charline*
Oh well  now theres a cat who needs a poodle hair cut

*breaks out the extra large eletric clippers and the hairspray*

*pads off to the showers to rinse the shampoo out, then finds a new set of NekoMancer robes*

hmm... Charline as a poodle... Meeoow.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2006, 10:37:39 AM
When was the last time we had a thread that *didn't* go off-topic? :-)

When has any thread ever gone off-topic?  :rolleyes

So I asks, asks I. :pirate
How come Abel doesn't know how to fight?  I can understand his father being to busy to teach him, but why didn't Cid hire the services of a weapons master to teach his son?

With regards,
Ted

Kenji

Maybe he did. But people learn karate and can still be too afraid to use it.

Nikki

Or..as always...Abel doenst fight for fear of blood showing up...

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Tiger_T

Hmm, I think this fear has yet to come to be, Xze-Xze. ;)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK