10/09/08 [Perfect Date #3] - Lil winglings are indeed adorable

Started by Lowde, October 08, 2008, 07:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Who ever would try to date Abel would be dead within the week. But what a week it would be.

Alterationartist

Quote from: Rakala on October 09, 2008, 12:06:14 PM
Who ever would try to date Abel would be dead within the week. But what a week it would be.
It would be a frickin' awesome week, with carnivals and dinners and lots of love up until that one fatal moment...
Round 9!

Jairus

Quote from: Rakala on October 09, 2008, 12:06:14 PM
Oh, I hope not. For Jyrras' sake, I really hope not. Then again, Aaryana is still alive... so maybe Abel doesn't kill his dates. Or whatever relationship they had (I still hold to the theory that Abel might be bi).

As for Lorenda, very sweet and yes the winglings are adorable.

Quote from: Alterationartist on October 09, 2008, 11:46:25 AM
Her expectations are too high. That's what made her lose Jyrras. But then again...
As for losing Jyrras... I can see not only the physical aspect (though she didn't even consider eating him, so that's a good thing), but also the fast the Jy seemed to be somewhat in denial about his sexuality and might have felt that he needed a relationship with Lorenda. Though this might be looking a little too deeply (I doubt Lorenda is psychic), and I don't think Lorenda could have known that. So, it might be the physical aspect. Maybe Lorenda would have just felt really uncomfortable dating Jyrras, given how he looks: we know she would have felt like she was dating a child. It could just be the "squick" factor of such a relationship that disturbs her. I don't know. I'm trying to maintain neutrality in the face of my Abel/Jyrras pairing.

EDIT: One question: where is she getting those vegetables? The Lost Lake Inn's veggie patch?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Slowtini

Jairus

Quote from: Slowtini on October 09, 2008, 01:23:48 PM
...@Jairus: The... Squick Factor??

Explain. D:

Squick is basically something that somewhat disgusts or repulses you. For Lorenda, it would be squicky of her to get involved in a relationship with Jyrras, because she would feel like she was dating a child, despite knowing that he's an adult. Does that kind of make sense?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Nekoboy

As soon as I saw her my jaw droped  :U
shes hot....and is it me or did her ears change a bit?
I would go out iwht her....as long as she dosnt see me as a snack or edible.  ;)

Ghostwish

Quote from: Nekoboy on October 09, 2008, 02:48:07 PM
I would go out iwht her....as long as she dosnt see me as a snack or edible.  ;)

You are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Slowtini

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 09, 2008, 03:02:17 PM

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
If you're gonna use a quote, at least use it correctly!  :U

Kipiru

Amber Williams

Quote from: Slowtini on October 09, 2008, 03:21:30 PM
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
[/quote]

How about people just stop using it at all? Ugh. I swear I have heard that quote probably seven dozen more times than I have ever wanted to. It's not witty. It's not unique...its a retarded and annoying catchphrase that should have died out back in 2001 when people thought THEN it was witty and unique...but for some reason it seems to exist still.

I swear, I would take a hundred over 9000 jokes and 4chan memes than to have to hear that retarded saying one more time.

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 09, 2008, 03:53:24 PM

How about people just stop using it at all? Ugh. I swear I have heard that quote probably seven dozen more times than I have ever wanted to. It's not witty. It's not unique...its a retarded and annoying catchphrase that should have died out back in 2001 when people thought THEN it was witty and unique...but for some reason it seems to exist still.

I swear, I would take a hundred over 9000 jokes and 4chan memes than to have to hear that retarded saying one more time.

*ahem*

Sorry.  Had to.

Dagardo

thegayhare

*fires up the fryer*

Looks like it's Kentucky fried owl tonight

Alterationartist

QuoteHow about people just stop using it at all? Ugh. I swear I have heard that quote probably seven dozen more times than I have ever wanted to. It's not witty. It's not unique...its a retarded and annoying catchphrase that should have died out back in 2001 when people thought THEN it was witty and unique...but for some reason it seems to exist still.

This.
Round 9!

PencilinHand

....and is it me or did her ears change a bit?

From the original, yes; otherwise, not that I can tell in the last couple hundred strips.  I think what we are seeing is a combination of the angle and Lorenda's hair up...come to think of it I am not sure if we have ever seen her hair up before...wait, no I take that back.  She had her hair more or less up for much of the spy spoof arch.

...I don't think I have been living under a rock for the last 7-8 years but I honestly can not recall hearing this before...so, what is it from?

terrycloth

I think it's a corruption of a quote from Gandalf (?) 'Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.'

Dragons... not so subtle. That's the joke.

Dagardo

I don't know where it's from but Amber doesn't want to hear it, that's for sure. We should be listening to her not talking about whatever we're talking about. Or were doomed... to non-existence... *fades away into darkness*

terrycloth

Dagardo

Tycoon

Speaking of buffalo wings, is there an official list of which food each character corresponds to?

Dagardo

You mean their favorite foods? It's on the cast pages... I'm actually clueless as to what you mean.

kawaiitoboe

Quote from: Tycoon on October 09, 2008, 07:50:42 PM
Speaking of buffalo wings, is there an official list of which food each character corresponds to?

You mean if each character was a food, which one would they be?

We do have canon-ish evidence that Jyrras would be a burrito.  :giggle

thegayhare

Pyroduck is a banana
Mab is brownies
Falina is muffins
Deebs is bubblegum
Fi is hot pockets
and Dan is ale

Kenji

Offtopic as it is, I think Mab would be more something along the lines of a Kinder Egg. Sure it always looks the same on the outside, but who knows whats going on inside. Some of that randomness to it.

thegayhare

Quote from: Kenji on October 09, 2008, 08:31:19 PM
Offtopic as it is, I think Mab would be more something along the lines of a Kinder Egg. Sure it always looks the same on the outside, but who knows whats going on inside. Some of that randomness to it.

yes but the true horror that dwells inside mab can only be expressed in brownies

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Gornemant on October 09, 2008, 07:13:26 AM
Quote from: skurvy on October 08, 2008, 10:50:17 PM
Fat chicks are hot.
If I remember right, considering that Lorenda she was classified as not fat by Mab, but then my memory was never really that good  :)
I recall Lorenda sounding flattered and pleased when Dan called her "fat".
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Gamma

When you like what you are even the most mean spirited things can be a compliment.
I think geek is a compliment, least when talking about me. Nerd, I still believe to be disrespectful, but as with all insults if said correctly can still be fun.

Though I seem to take things almost as literally as Mab, and that is why I'm no fun at parties.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

AmigaDragon

I think Dan was just being observant, not mean spirited.  Maybe not tactful, but hey, this is Dan we're talking about, and it worked out anyway.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: thegayhare on October 09, 2008, 08:29:28 PM
Pyroduck is a banana
Mab is brownies
Falina is muffins
Deebs is bubblegum
Fi is hot pockets
and Dan is ale

Merlitz, whever he may wander, can be a red hot chili pepper.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Lego3400