I need some help

Started by Nekoboy, October 07, 2008, 10:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekoboy

Hey nekoboy here anyway ill make this short on the site i downloaded that screensaver (its like the only one there) but i cant get it to work...anyone have any ideas? thanks
~Nekoboy

Mao

Just to clarify, you're talking about the mow saver from the DMFA site, and not something from Darkmoon's site?  If so, if you could tell me what OS you're running (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux (what distro), or Mac) I might be able to help. :)

Darkmoon

Darkmoon's site doesn't have screensavers. So sayeth the Darkmoon.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Mao

So sayeth the Darkmoon, and so it is.  I merely asked because clarification ensures that we're both talking about the same thing.  I've had people mistake wallpapers for screen savers before so.. yeah.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 07, 2008, 11:09:05 PM
Darkmoon's site doesn't have screensavers. So sayeth the Darkmoon.

Lies and heresy!

(not meaning to point out the obvious, o'course..)

Nekoboy

Quote from: Mowser on October 07, 2008, 10:05:13 PM
Just to clarify, you're talking about the mow saver from the DMFA site, and not something from Darkmoon's site?  If so, if you could tell me what OS you're running (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux (what distro), or Mac) I might be able to help. :)

Its the mow screen saver from Amber's site and i have windows xp...how can i get it to work? I downloaded but now what?

Mao

Ok,
1)open the file you downloaded by double clicking it and click on file menu for that window. 

2)From there click on extract and follow the steps through the wizard that will come up, making sure to note where the file gets extracted to (best to extract it to your desktop for clean up purposes and for ease of locating it or if you want to skip the next step, extract it to the windows/system32 directory).

3) Once it's done, go to the extracted file, right click on it and select copy or cut.  Go to My Computer -> C: (or whatever drive windows is installed on) -> Windows -> System32.  Once in the System 32 directory, right click inside the window (but not on another icon) and paste the file.  You've now installed the screen saver.

From here you only need to go to your display properties (easiest done by right clicking on your desktop and selecting properties from the menu that appears) and selecting mow from the list of available screen savers in the screen saver tab.

Sorry if these steps seem dumbed down, but I don't know how skilled you are with computers so I have to assume 0 knowledge.  If you still can't get it to work after this, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help ya' out.

Edit: Made it a bit easier to read.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Mowser on October 08, 2008, 03:06:49 PM
Ok,
1)open the file you downloaded by double clicking it and click on file menu for that window. 

2)From there click on extract and follow the steps through the wizard that will come up, making sure to note where the file gets extracted to (best to extract it to your desktop for clean up purposes and for ease of locating it or if you want to skip the next step, extract it to the windows/system32 directory).

3) Once it's done, go to the extracted file, right click on it and select copy or cut.  Go to My Computer -> C: (or whatever drive windows is installed on) -> Windows -> System32.  Once in the System 32 directory, right click inside the window (but not on another icon) and paste the file.  You've now installed the screen saver.

From here you only need to go to your display properties (easiest done by right clicking on your desktop and selecting properties from the menu that appears) and selecting mow from the list of available screen savers in the screen saver tab.

Sorry if these steps seem dumbed down, but I don't know how skilled you are with computers so I have to assume 0 knowledge.  If you still can't get it to work after this, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help ya' out.

Edit: Made it a bit easier to read.

I clicked it 2 times a flash happend but then nothing so i right clicked it and hit install and then i saw the mows....but it was just  then runing acorss my screen with no bg is that right? mows runing on my desktop?

Damaris

Last I saw it, the screensaver said that it did not work on any OS newer than Windows 98.  So, there you go.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nekoboy on October 08, 2008, 05:53:49 PM
I clicked it 2 times a flash happend but then nothing so i right clicked it and hit install and then i saw the mows....but it was just  then runing acorss my screen with no bg is that right? mows runing on my desktop?

That's what it did under Linux, anyway.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

All I had was mows running across my screen so I assumed that was correct.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Mowser on October 08, 2008, 07:28:35 PM

Thanks for everyones help. :3

~Nekoboy

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Mowser on October 08, 2008, 07:28:35 PM
Same here. After DLing today, I only took them up to 50 and still had decent performance. Maybe I'll try higher another time to see where it starts getting bogged down by the crowd.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen