10/07/08 [Perfect Date #2] - For your re-consideration

Started by Grenn, October 07, 2008, 12:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

I think all you Abel x Jyrras fans need to remember that our favorite spotted cubi is still a bit loose in the head, probably from the whole Aniz incident.. Where's that panel of him crouched in the corner trying to tell himself everything is allright?

Yah, if Jyrras were to approach him in such a manner, I highly doubt the reaction would be a good one. That sarcastic shield he keeps up to ward people away could probably withstand multiple nuclear strikes.

Jairus

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 07, 2008, 10:09:45 PM
I think all you Abel x Jyrras fans need to remember that our favorite spotted cubi is still a bit loose in the head, probably from the whole Aniz incident.. Where's that panel of him crouched in the corner trying to tell himself everything is allright?

Yah, if Jyrras were to approach him in such a manner, I highly doubt the reaction would be a good one. That sarcastic shield he keeps up to ward people away could probably withstand multiple nuclear strikes.
Don't worry... I'm still thinking about that... in fact, that might be how that conversation between them "goes wrong." Jyrras approaches Abel when he's vulnerable like that, genuinely trying to help his new friend somehow, Abel snaps back at Jy, Jy's feelings get hurt and he runs, Abel realizes what he just did and chases after him, followed by an open and frank exchange...

... um, maybe not.

But I agree: Abel needs to come clean with his new friends about his past. Who knows? They might even be able to help him out.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Dagardo

Apparently Abel doesn't consider them friends, seeing as how he told Fa'lina as much saying he doesn't care cause he'll be gone in a year or two, as he put it. I think its that Abel is so used to being alone (although its his own fault) he's afraid to try a different ''way of life'' I guess, I'm not sure how to put it. He seems afraid that they may hurt him in a way he doesn't want to be I suppose, or that he's afraid he'll lose them like he lost Devin and Xander, that he may screw up and they wind up dead or seriously injured (even though it isn't his fault Devin and Xander died) and have to live the guilt that would come with it. I suppose he doesn't want to face that pain again.

Ghostwish

Ah ha. Found it.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_609.php

Yup, he's a messed up little cubi cookie. I hope he gets some kind of help soon, or he might end up as zonkers as his dad.

Dagardo

He just needs to get to know his not-friends better, then maybe he can feel a little more secure. That's what he gets for not opening up to anyone for nearly four-hundred years. Although I probably wouldn't either, so I'd be just as bad off as he is.

Ghostwish

Hey, sorry for the rapid posts, but does anyone else here thing that Puddle of Mudd's 'Take it all away' would be a fairly fitting theme song for Abel? It just sprang up on my iTunes and I thought, hey, kinda sounds like him?

AndersW

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 07, 2008, 11:01:54 PM
Hey, sorry for the rapid posts, but does anyone else here thing that Puddle of Mudd's 'Take it all away' would be a fairly fitting theme song for Abel? It just sprang up on my iTunes and I thought, hey, kinda sounds like him?

I always thought the songs that fit Abel were:
I Am a Rock by Simon & Garfunkel
My Immortal by Evanescence and
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day

Dagardo

Boulevard of Broken Dreams seems really fitting for Abel, considering he has been alone for nearly 400 years, and I take back what I said about it being his fault. Now that I think about it, it's Aniz's fault considering everything hes done to Abel in that one night, killed his friend, beat him senseless, threatened to kill his mother, and anything I'm missing, not to mention everything thing that happened to him in Abel's Story Part Two Page 19, the vomiting, flailing, hysterics, and the state of hock and stupor were all Aniz's fault. Basically Aniz shattered any confidence Abel had in trusting people, and Abel try's to keep them away from him because he is afraid he'll get hurt again. There I go again with the broken record thing... I feel like I could start crying right now and I wish I would.

Jairus

Quote from: Dagardo on October 07, 2008, 11:34:05 PM
Boulevard of Broken Dreams seems really fitting for Abel, considering he has been alone for nearly 400 years, and I take back what I said about it being his fault. Now that I think about it, it's Aniz's fault considering everything hes done to Abel in that one night, killed his friend, beat him senseless, threatened to kill his mother, and anything I'm missing, not to mention everything thing that happened to him in Abel's Story Part Two Page 19, the vomiting, flailing, hysterics, and the state of hock and stupor were all Aniz's fault. Basically Aniz shattered any confidence Abel had in trusting people, and Abel try's to keep them away from him because he is afraid he'll get hurt again. There I go again with the broken record thing... I feel like I could start crying right now and I wish I would.
Don't worry... I know the feeling.

So, ultimately, before he and Jyrras have a chance at a relationship, he has to learn how to trust again, and he has to learn that not all people he trusts are out to hurt him. Oh my, Abel's got a long way to go, doesn't he?

And now I want to hit Aniz again. Abel can't even trust the one guy who seems most willing to give him a chance, and I don't even think Jyrras is capable of willingly hurting Abel like Aniz did. He values his friends far too much. Dammit Amber, why did you have to create such amazing characters like this?

Dagardo

Now that I think about it Boulevard of Broken Dreams sounds pretty right for me also, seeing as how my dream was broken before I even knew what it was, I know now but whats the point. Also, Jairus, you want to hit Aniz as you said, and I wanna F***ing rip his throat out, cause as I type this It's like I'm feeling the pain Abel once had to go through, and I get more and more depressed. I guess I can relate to Abel better than I though for some reason. I'm depressed for a reason what is a huge improbability at the time. Man my life is f***ed up right now and will probably stay that way for a long time if not always.

Howl

Calm down, nothing too much science for me to care can't fix! :grin

Dagardo

I guess you're about the only one who can say anything since you know what I'm talking about, although I am gonna ask who the hell has enough science smarts to fix my problem? Tell me that why don't ya? I'm not trying to be an ass either.

Howl

Dude, science made Computers and TVs from rocks. I'm pretty sure they can smash the boundaries further and take things from you dreams or whatever.

Dagardo

OK but let me ask this, who has the time or the heart to? Cause we all know just about everyone of them is gonna demand some ridiculous amount for their ''services.'' And by heart I mean who would be simply willing to do it? Although I would help them in some other way if I could... no innuendos. And if you do give me a name they better not be dead or anything like that. Cause then I'll just hurt you, And I'm not necessarily talking to just Minishear.

Howl

... I got nothing. But either way, just tell a group of scientists that if they make that sort of thing, they could go into a lucid dream*, call up a large pack of paper with info they don't know, then drag it out of the dream and read it. If the text changes after they get it to this world, then that'll be just fine and dandy for research!

*If there is a scientist who doesn't know what a lucid dream is, that will be a great source of comedy for me.

Lego3400

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 07, 2008, 04:18:39 PM
For the Rebel Alliance!

*disappears to form the resistance*
After reading this, I had a sudden urge to shout "FOR THE HORDE!" :3

Dagardo

I have one final thing to say... I want to rip Aniz's f***ing spine out and beat him with it.

mopman

Woot Diskworld references , once Terry Pratchett gets into your head , you will never look at a pointy hat the same way.  :boogie
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Alondro

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on October 07, 2008, 04:44:33 PM
Your Jedi tricks won't work against those with strong will (and a heart burning with courage)!! D:<

*Charles quenches Ren's heartburn with Pepto!*  Thank me later!  :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Nekoboy

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 07, 2008, 10:47:47 PM
Ah ha. Found it.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_609.php

Yup, he's a messed up little cubi cookie. I hope he gets some kind of help soon, or he might end up as zonkers as his dad.

well really i think he has no dad sicne that guy was an imposter even thought its his kid in law wise its not, allso after seeing that pic I think more then just him are messed up cookies :3 xD

:P
I'm happy Plz

Naldru

Quote from: Minishear on October 08, 2008, 12:06:14 AM
Dude, science made Computers and TVs from rocks. I'm pretty sure they can smash the boundaries further and take things from you dreams or whatever.
That sounds a little like the plot for Forbidden Planet.  I assume that some of you know how that ended up.  If you don't, here's a hint.
:explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion

Big, big, big earth-shattering ka-boom
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Dagardo

He told me that they made some of the power cords or whatever they are out of rock and not the actual computers or TV's.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Dagardo on October 09, 2008, 02:02:58 PM
He told me that they made some of the power cords or whatever they are out of rock and not the actual computers or TV's.

Didn't you learn anything from the Flintstones? *Anything* can be made out of rock.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Dagardo

I try not to learn and if I do I usually wind up forgetting it until much later dates. as for making anything out of rock, show me a working TV made of rock and I'll be convinced. Simple as that.

AmigaDragon

Where do silicon, steel, copper, gold and many other component materials come from? Rock.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Nekoboy

Quote from: Minishear on October 07, 2008, 09:17:07 PM
In discussion of JyrrasxAbel, when I read the SAIA chapter, I thought of Abel as "Obviously gay". Turns out the shoe is on the other foot, with Jyrras being the one revealed to be gay.

To be honest with you all when I first started reading it, I thought Abel was a female....and a hot one at that...untill I found one comic that sai somethign relationg to a guy... >.< does that make me gay for Abel?

Jairus

Quote from: Nekoboy on October 10, 2008, 11:20:38 PM
In discussion of JyrrasxAbel, when I read the SAIA chapter, I thought of Abel as "Obviously gay". Turns out the shoe is on the other foot, with Jyrras being the one revealed to be gay.

To be honest with you all when I first started reading it, I thought Abel was a female....and a hot one at that...untill I found one comic that sai somethign relationg to a guy... >.< does that make me gay for Abel?
Yes. But don't worry about it, it's perfectly natural.

Howl

Quote from: Naldru on October 09, 2008, 12:53:55 PM
Quote from: Minishear on October 08, 2008, 12:06:14 AM
That sounds a little like the plot for Forbidden Planet.  I assume that some of you know how that ended up.  If you don't, here's a hint.
:explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion :explosion

Big, big, big earth-shattering ka-boom

I think science believes in Neanderthals, and at that time, there were only rocks.

Nekoboy

Quote from: Jairus on October 11, 2008, 12:05:45 AM

O_o whats natural? being gay Abel? or thinking he was a she? or both?

Jairus

Quote from: Nekoboy on October 11, 2008, 02:04:29 PM
Quote from: Jairus on October 11, 2008, 12:05:45 AM
O_o whats natural? being gay Abel? or thinking he was a she? or both?

Being Gay for Abel. That's natural. Also, there are people who are Straight for Abel. So clearly, this is the natural order of things. Being gay for Jyrras, I'm not so sure about.