The Da(r)lecks ar real: brain powered robots

Started by GabrielsThoughts, September 22, 2008, 02:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1044909/Robot-powered-rats-brain-bizarre-British-experiment.html

I saw this mentioned on the Colbert report and had to see if it was real... and guess what it is, apperently they've got dozens of these types of robots running around in the US and England. and even more surprisingly, Hollywood has  even made a crappy B movie about boy with a pet robotic vacuum cleaner with a chunk of his fathers brain.

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Probably a more reliable source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7559150.stm

(no offense, but they do call it the Daily Fail for a reason)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

They linked a single rat brain cell to a computer chip years ago. This was only a matter of time.

That said, CYBORGS FOR EVERYONE! :U

Valynth

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 22, 2008, 07:53:25 PM
They linked a single rat brain cell to a computer chip years ago. This was only a matter of time.

That said, CYBORGS FOR EVERYONE! :U

All goes according to my plan....  Using this tech I'll manage to be the first human to connect his brain to the internet an achieve near omnipotence and omniscience while creating an endless army of robot warriors to hunt down and eradicate those I dislike.

*has actually planned this and will give a paradise to those who support him*

:mwaha
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

bill

if you connect your brain to the internet you will probably die because the internet is horrible :c

Cogidubnus

Quote from: bill on September 22, 2008, 10:46:58 PM
if you connt your brain to the internet you will probably die because the internet is horrible :c

Jairus

if you connt your brain to the internet you will probably die because the internet is horrible :c
I prefer this one...

Ya just gotta love Zetsubo-Sensei!

This is actually my avatar on another forum.

EDIT: Actually, I'm also kind of thinking about these guys rather than Daleks.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

bill

Alondro

if you connect your brain to the internet you will probably die because the internet is horrible :c

I'll have endless pr0n access!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif