9/10/2008 [DMFA #936] Like mother like son.

Started by Ghostwish, September 09, 2008, 10:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on September 10, 2008, 09:49:14 AM
I could definitely see that happening.. Unlike those idiotic rumors that Aniz is Edward. That one sinks so well it'd make the titanic jealous. XD
Oh, don't start that again... :rolleyes

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 10, 2008, 09:06:42 AM
Quote from: Ghostwish on September 10, 2008, 09:01:01 AM
Naw, I'm gonna have to doubt that one. The clans were against each other too, remember?
Rumour has it that the dragons deliberately started the war to try and wipe the 'Cubi out.  Though AFAIK that is just a rumour.

Would the dragons be likely to take the direct approach and just wipe the cubi out themselves?  Are they powerful enough to do so?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on September 10, 2008, 09:55:08 AM
Would the dragons be likely to take the direct approach and just wipe the cubi out themselves?  Are they powerful enough to do so?
Powerful enough?  I'd say most likely.  But we don't know enough about them to say whether it's the kind of thing they'd do.  They might consider it unsporting, or they might not want the blame to be squarely pinned on them or something.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Well, I can see how they might be afraid of the blame being pointed at them.  Though I have to admit that I'm confused as to how they'd find direct confrontation unsporting in favor of tricking a race into destroying itself.  I will however chalk that up to my limited mental capacity.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Naw, I'm gonna have to doubt that one. The clans were against each other too, remember? Because of that, I doubt Destenia of Pain would be talking to Fa'Lina, last of whatever her element is.

Destania of Cyra, actually.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Angel

.......Whoot. Even though Dee is probably talking about dragons, or maybe something else, I like this comic best so far. Rants that actually have a purpose rock my socks like a fox in a box. Go Destania!

Naw, I'm gonna have to doubt that one. The clans were against each other too, remember?
Rumour has it that the dragons deliberately started the war to try and wipe the 'Cubi out.  Though AFAIK that is just a rumour.

This brings up something that's been nagging at me... I get that Dragons and Cubi really don't get along at all, but what do dragons have against Cyra-clan?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mao

Quote from: Black_angel on September 10, 2008, 10:42:44 AM
.......Whoot. Even though Dee is probably talking about dragons, or maybe something else, I like this comic best so far. Rants that actually have a purpose rock my socks like a fox in a box. Go Destania!

This brings up something that's been nagging at me... I get that Dragons and Cubi really don't get along at all, but what do dragons have against Cyra-clan?

I'm not sure, but I thought it was that the Cyra wanted to destroy the Dragons.  Maybe just Dee, but if she did enough damage then they would likely want all of them dead.

Jairus

Quote from: Black_angel on September 10, 2008, 10:42:44 AM

Maybe Destania and/or her clan did something to piss them off, which incited the Dragons to kickstart that war. Or Mowser's idea that Cyra clan and Destania in particular were after the Dragons, so they went for the whole Cubi race rather than just one clan. Vindictive jerks, aren't they?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Rakala

Maybe everybody puts too much thought into this, including myself.

Slowtini

Maybe a Dragon stole Destania's Incy-bear, when she was just a wee' lass.

Sunblink

I admire Amber's writing and drawing here. When Fi subconsciously compares Dan to Destania, I find this almost sobering, because it reveals an almost certain amount of hypocrisy in Dan's attitude. There is his mother, a reportedly evil member of a race that Dan is steadfastly avoiding, going on a similar tangent about destroying a particular group. I feel this shows just how similar to a Cubi Dan is during his harangue. Even though Dan's intentions are, at the core, noble, he's appearing quite ruthless. Despite the fact he wants nothing to do with the Cubi race, he's unintentionally coming full circle.

I agree with Tapewolf's proposition that Destania was going on about the Dragons. A theory I have is that Destania had been experimenting with the idea of eliminating the Dragon race for a long time. Maybe she wanted Fa'Lina to contribute to her genocidal project a long time ago, and Fa'Lina refused, hence the scene in the third panel. (And cuing Destania's rant and general fury)

Ohohoho I think my English Literature class is completely driving me insane, because I'm spotting symbolism where there might not be any at all :B

I love Fa'Lina's ponytail.

Naldru

I think the key difference is that Dan is going after people because of what they do, while Destania is going after people based on what they are.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Naldru on September 10, 2008, 01:47:29 PM
I think the key difference is that Dan is going after people because of what they do, while Destania is going after people based on what they are.

Oh, I don't know.

Personally, I think Destania's rant somewhat indicates the opposite. Unless she's just that mustache-twirlingly evil, I think we got a glimpse as to the why she wants to exterminate dragons, and it's not because she doesn't like the way they look. Her rant indicates that they've done something to her, and something tells me this reason might be compelling, whatever it really is, if not enough to justify such a monstrous action as genocide.

I suspect the whoever-they-want she mentions is Edward, also.

Alondro

*Charline would like to note that not all dragons are bad!*  In fact, there're a couple dragons I know who are VERY pleasant!  Mrowr!   ;)

*Charles, on the other hand, agrees with Dee!*  Down with dragons!  They ate all our virgins!   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

MT Hazard

One thing confuses me, Fi is three years old but has memories dating back at least 25 years.

Memory uploading from previous warp-aci ?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Amber Williams

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 10, 2008, 03:36:24 PM
One thing confuses me, Fi is three years old but has memories dating back at least 25 years.

Fi's age is relative to the most recent time he was summoned.  Fa'Lina has a tendency to cycle through Warp Aci every hundred years to let them go home and relax.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 10, 2008, 03:50:52 PM

Fi's age is relative to the most recent time he was summoned.  Fa'Lina has a tendency to cycle through Warp Aci every hundred years to let them go home and relax.

Makes me wonder how old is Fi in total. By cycle though do you mean she has a collection of warp-aci (fi,fo,fum?) and they each get one hundred years with Fa'lina once a cycle?

Edit: Thanks for the quick answer to the previous question
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Lucheek

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 10, 2008, 04:25:47 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on September 10, 2008, 03:50:52 PM

Makes me wonder how old is Fi in total. By cycle though do you mean she has a collection of warp-aci (fi,fo,fum?) and they each get one hundred years with Fa'lina once a cycle?

Edit: Thanks for the quick answer to the previous question

If she has a Fi, a Fo and a Fum, she would need a Fy.

Corgatha Taldorthar

And possibly a Fa and Fe.  By the way, I thought there was a Fu, not a Fum.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Azlan

Quote from: Mowser on September 10, 2008, 10:48:29 AM

I'm not sure, but I thought it was that the Cyra wanted to destroy the Dragons.  Maybe just Dee, but if she did enough damage then they would likely want all of them dead.

I'm really out of the loop, but I don't think anything has been mentioned about Cyra specifically.  I might be confusing things as I have really out of date information locked away somewhere in my mind.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Lego3400

There's something that's been nagging me for a while now. If Destania was her maiden name, and a name she was giving up, what's her name now? Is it just Dee?

Dagardo

Quote from: Lego3400 on September 10, 2008, 10:15:15 PM
There's something that's been nagging me for a while now. If Destania was her maiden name, and a name she was giving up, what's her name now? Is it just Dee?

I suppose. That seems about all we can say until we find out otherwise. Although I think Dee suits her more.  :)